What we are doing is harvesting Trichomes and trichomes only. No chlorophyl, no mold, no solvent, no sudden unexpected explosions.
Here is a list of equipment you will need. Everything here is proportional, I am cooking 1/2 pound at a time. I will give you the amount of coconut oil to use in the following process description and you can adjust the amounts to fill your needs
1) Cannabis, remove the discolored fan leaves you will use most of the rest including bud stems. The cooking will soften well enough to puree.
2) Food Processor to chop into fine pieces, don't make dust out of it.
2) A pot, a slow cooker, anything you can heat to between 200-210F and cook for 24 hours, you may need a thermometer. Must have lid.
3) 2 vessels to pour the puree in to filter. I find it easier to just pour my extractions into 3 gallon buckets but that is for 1/2 lb. of Cannabis. You need ?
4) Filter material with 100 micron capability, I bought mine here http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_1972wt_907. Any type of 100 micron or 100U as it is called in the trades. If you have a local bio-deisel supply house they would have such a thing. These are reusable many times. I just toss mine in the wash. It will always look green now.
5) A hand held immersion blender, you MUST have one of these, http://www.google.co...ed=0CEIQ8gIwAQ#
6) Coconut oil, 90 grams for 1/2 pound of cannabis
This process has been updated and revised to work better. Here it is.
More power to the punch, it will even shorten the processing time.
I am doing this to exact measurements every time so adapting it to your size of cooker is easy.
Crush cannabis, 8 ounces
Add 3 gallons of water
Add 4 cups coconut oil.
Using the immersion blender start the puree process 2 hours after the mix comes up to heat.
Do this every time you check it or even more. It is still rewarding to use the blender often.
After 12 hours or so, it doesn't matter if it cooks longer, pour this through your filter and do not squeeze. Boil 2 qts of water and pour it over the stuff in the filter, using another bucket/pan makes this much easier. Now squeeze the hell out of it. This is very important to collect as much of the fluid as possible, save the pucks they make great fire starters after they dry.
The difference is literally like night and day. It still melts readily on contact with the skin and if you believe my stoned brain it is STRONGER, MORE POTENT than No Nonsense original.
Check the pics and you will see the difference. If you have some original No Nonsense and want to make it stronger just add it to your next batch.
No Nonsense, "The Evolution of a Cannabis Medicine" by Uncle Bill hehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!
You could double the amount of coconut oil for topical applications or cut this 50/50 , you could also add essential oils etc at your option for aroma.
December 12, 2011...thank you Stoned Ranger...many will be helped by this my friend. The new version is also at the link below.
Uncle Bill's No Nonsense Pain Reliever And Mystical Cure All comments and questions!!