479 replies to this topic

#476 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

I don't see how not using water can get more oil out of the plant matter?
I just did another run, with a gallon or so of leaves and a bit of low quality outdoor bud. With this much material I figured I needed some water to get any potency in the oil at all, or I would need loads of oil. I only has a colander and "what you make mashed potatoes with", but got to squeeze it fairly good. I remixed the pulp in plenty of water and reheated, squeezed and remixed/heated again. Everything was filtered several times to get down to 25 micron.
I used 300ml of oil, but only got a total of a few table spoons from all the 3 pulls.

The pulp is still in my fridge, along with the rest of the oil I suppose... how do I get it out? Not from the fridge :P

Uhm.. can coconut oil evaporate?

Put he pulp in the filter and set it in hot water and dip it like a big tea bag, the take the oil from the top.

EVCO won't evaporate LOL

The 25 micron filter is for use in the eyes, yes we have a member that accidentally got some in her eyes, then tried as drops which she praised. I still use a 100 micron for all purpose use

The very best medicine can be had from freshly harvested female cannabis plants.

Male plants also make a viable medicine, some say the taste is sweeter

Others have used potato ricers with a degree of success. Try smaller amounte in the potato ricer

Factoid: THC is stored in the fat in your body, that's why it takes so long to get it out of your system.

Factoid: The cannabinoids, THC is only one, are FAT soluble. This means that the cbd's will dissolve in fat.

Factoid: Coconut oil is 100% vegetable fat, thus the cbd's dissolve in coconut oil.

Factoid: It is not oil we are harvesting from our sweet plant but the CBD's, Think about it you can make good medicine with dry crumbly old bud. Just how much oil do you think is in those light weight pieces.

The water is not necessary, the coconut oil captures all of the CBD's. Using just the EVCO. I put the ratio's of EVCO to cannabis at the beginning of this thread. It is the same ratio in both instances. You save a huge hung of time and eliminate a couple of steps enabling you to make it overnight.

Edited by Stoned Ranger, 01 September 2013 - 11:59 PM.

• Tokecrazy, teddys head, Blue61 and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#477 SimplyLiz

SimplyLiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

Hi SR! I hate to be the resident stupid one lol! But I only have 3 oz of fresh bud, very little leaf in it, Using 8:5 ratio and I figured 4.6 oz of oil. Is that correct? It's mighty thick and I don't think I can get the rest coated in it. I still have another ounce or so to get in the crock pot and there's really no way it's going to cover it. I did grind it in my chopper first. Can I add a bit more coconut oil? TY in advance for your patience! Liz
  • Blue61 and painretreat like this

#478 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hi SR!
I hate to be the resident stupid one lol! But I only have 3 oz of fresh bud, very little leaf in it, Using 8:5 ratio and I figured 4.6 oz of oil. Is that correct? It's mighty thick and I don't think I can get the rest coated in it. I still have another ounce or so to get in the crock pot and there's really no way it's going to cover it. I did grind it in my chopper first. Can I add a bit more coconut oil? TY in advance for your patience!

Liz

It is only thick when cool, it melts at 78 degrees F. You can add more EVCO to dilute it but it won't change the melt properties.
  • Blue61 and painretreat like this

#479 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

This thread is only for reference. I will not reply to any more posts in this thread. There is a better process on file with a very similar name, use that link that I posted to get the best available process to make your medicine.

Stoned Ranger

Hey mods, shut this thread down please. Disable any comments.

Edited by Stoned Ranger, 02 September 2013 - 02:01 PM.

• sandbreak, Blue61 and painretreat like this

#480 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Putting the link here for the last and best process so will be easy to find. https://www.greenpas...__fromsearch__1 There ya go folks... easy peasy... and the bestest of the best medicine!
  • sandbreak, Blue61 and painretreat like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users