18 replies to this topic

#1 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:38 PM

Recently moved into a new place and had a few option locations for establishing a grow room. Long story short, and for various reasons, it has come down to a former pool shed measuring 8.5’ X 7’ X 8'. Love to have more room, but I could have less, too. Anyway, I will HAVE to make this do for now. Here is the equipment I have:

600W Air-Cooled HPS/MH Reflector and Digital Ballast
8” Elicent Inline Fan (686 CFM - not as quiet as I had hoped)
8’ PHAT Filter (550 CFM)
2 - 14” Oscillating Fans
5 - 3” Low Voltage Circulation Fans
3 – 4’ Fluorescent Hoods with AgroGrow tubes
Full complement of other accessories and nute

I have divided the room in to two section – one seedling/veg, one flower. Attached are top and front views of the plan. On the veg side, I am planning on having a subsection for two mother plants and two subsections for trays holding clones – each installed with heavy duty drawer rollers and folding support rods so that the shelves can be slid out to gain better access. On the flowering side, I figure there is room for 16 plants MAX (depending on grown out size) though my first go round I will likely go with 12. This would seem, to me, to be a plausible, workable deal on a theoretical basis. OTOH, while I’ve had lots of experience growing other things – I’m a first timer when it comes to weed.

My seeds just arrived today and I am planning to do some room setup this weekend. I would appreciate and input you all might have before I get started. Would be happy to supply more information, if needed. As always, thanks in advance.

Attached Files

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:03 PM

Thats a sweet setup dude! I think you should order some pizzas, fill the vaporizer, and invite us over to help set it up! I'll bring my own liquor. No honestly, sounds like you got pretty much everything covered, my only advice for you is, do a 24 hour trial run, 48 hours in advance. Good luck to you!

#3 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:37 PM

Thats a sweet setup dude!
I think you should order some pizzas, fill the vaporizer, and invite us over to help set it up! I'll bring my own liquor.

No honestly, sounds like you got pretty much everything covered, my only advice for you is, do a 24 hour trial run, 48 hours in advance.
Good luck to you!

Listen, as my post shows in the thread I started in the Introductions section, I am doing this expressly BECAUSE I've been 15+ years w/o connections and I'd have to have someone bring the vaporizer fillins' with them. Oh, but I'd supply the pizza, alright! AND the liquor - your choice:)

Thus, you can understand my eagerness to get started and, moreover, finished successfully and safely! :innocent:

#4 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

I do remember that previous thread, now that you mention it. Sorry, I've been soooooo very busy today. Walk before you run, hence the advice to do a trial run first, this will show you any bugs that you didnt anticipate. I just know that you cant wait! Good luck my friend. Peace

#5 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:32 PM

Thanks. Testing first is VERY good advice. I have a spot set up elsewhere as a temporary seedling area, so I am going to start germinating tomorrow. One of the strains is supposed to be 8 weeks flower, so.....maybe even have a bit cured for Giving Thanks Day.

#6 Guest_BM13_*

Guest_BM13_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

nice set up, cant wait to see this in action

#7 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:06 AM

has a little bit of the side by side setup from the "mr green" vid, like this setup very much so this is more then a just fair adaptation to a soil version of that:wink: mind me copying this one for a friends new grow?:scream:/>

#8 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

has a little bit of the side by side setup from the "mr green" vid, like this setup very much so this is more then a just fair adaptation to a soil version of that:wink: mind me copying this one for a friends new grow?:scream:/>

Thanks, I think. I reall yhave no clue what you are talking about but I don't mind you showing the drawing to others.

#9 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:37 PM

Thanks, I think. I reall yhave no clue what you are talking about but I don't mind you showing the drawing to others.

Arnold is suggesting this video http://video.google....3139&q=mr green

If you can't get to work go to google and search, it has nine parts...but I did find the whole thing on google video once. It's a good watch I would at least watch it...it's entertaining. He uses panda plastic, his grow is HYDRO though I think you are doing soil but you should watch anyway, it shows how to clone, build rooms, build hydro, etc. It's even better with some MJ popcorn...lol

#10 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

that is a better link where to download the entire movie http://www.pot.tv/ar...howse-2993.html

long lives the pot-tv!

#11 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

This is a nice friendly place, alright, but I hope everyone is also taking a constructively critical look at the plans. I would sincerely like to know if folks think there are problems waiting to happen with what can be seen there.

#12 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:28 PM

that is a better link where to download the entire movie http://www.pot.tv/ar...howse-2993.html

long lives the pot-tv!

Thanks green_nobody.

#13 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

Can you explain your vent system better. Which fans are going to be used on the light and which ones for the room? I'm not sure but it might be me, you might have missed something and you might not have....:Good Job:

#14 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:31 PM

Can you explain your vent system better. Which fans are going to be used on the light and which ones for the room? I'm not sure but it might be me, you might have missed something and you might not have....:Good Job:

I am planning to use the 8" Elicent fan to cool the light and draw through the filter. Two 14" osciallting fans in flowering room. One 3" low-voltage fans for the mother section and each seedling/clone shelf.

#15 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:38 PM

I am planning to use the 8" Elicent fan to cool the light and draw through the filter. Two 14" osciallting fans in flowering room. One 3" low-voltage fans for the mother section and each seedling/clone shelf.

#16 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:32 AM

Where are you exhausting the air from the light?Are you bring in frash air from outside of the grow room.You got a nice place and looks like you got it all together.I would run a test run to see if it all works like you want it too.I build my cab and ran a few test runs to find out I needed more intake venting. Just trying to help out.PEACE

#17 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:27 AM

Exhausting the air out the top near the soffit line and out on the end of the shed. I have three intakes vents pulling fresh air from outside. Yep, I am going to run this in first, too. I just started germ today so I've got to get cracking!

#18 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:31 AM

Exhausting the air out the top near the soffit line and out on the end of the shed

Ok that's what I was wondering, sounds good. Your test run will be fine you got things worked out

You didn't add the outake near the soffit in your diagram...c'mon man...j/k

#19 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

Dang me, Dang me They outta take a rope and hang me High from the highest treeeeee Woman don't you weep for me. Doing doing doing doinga doinga do do do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users