#51 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

Five days in a row that I have gotten out there and walked!!!!! I'm on the road to recovery if only I stick with it. Walking is the best I am doing so far and it's a pretty big step, But who knows what I will be doing or how I will be thinking in a week from now.. Thank you jangel
  • jangel, Spaceview, Lucky_Cat and 4 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

Good for you sweetie...keep 'er movin'!
  • Spaceview, Lucky_Cat, ditto257 and 4 others like this

#53 Guest_SomeDude_*

Guest_SomeDude_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

Please know many are struggling. Please also know many care! Please also know that most emergency rooms/emergency services, clinics, hotlines, online sites already recognize this increase and are gearing up to help to deal with this.

not around here... everyone here is all "im sorry, due to budget cutbacks.."

there is no help (around here at least) for anyone who doesn't have any insurance or doesn't have the better part of $100/hr

#54 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

But dude, you do have us, and you know we are always willing to listen...even if you don't feel like talking....we here that too.

Hugs buddy...you are loved...even if sometimes I want to smack ya!

I love ya too........

Posted Image

Peace.
  • Spaceview, ditto257, SandiaMts and 3 others like this

#55 Spaceview

Spaceview

Fair and Balanced Honoured Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3838 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

Many prayers for anyone going through depression. It can be so difficult and so lonely. My thoughts are with you Deb, Dude, and everyone else who may be reading this and suffering. Peace and Healing.
  • jangel, mooonlite13, ditto257 and 4 others like this

#56 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

there is no help (around here at least) for anyone who doesn't have any insurance or doesn't have the better part of $100/hr

You are right Dude, If you have no insurance you have nothing.. I went without health insurance for many years,, You don't get the care you need if you don't have it. It made me feel even worse knowing I couldn't get insurance, hey I deserve it just as much as the next person, why do they make us suffer like that,, I wish you all the best Dude, please know we are here....
  • jangel, Spaceview, mooonlite13 and 4 others like this

#57 GeeGee

GeeGee

Sheep connoisseur extraordinaire

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

big hugs dude
  • jangel, Spaceview, mooonlite13 and 5 others like this

#58 jnandai

jnandai

Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:22 PM

I remember a really great friend many years ago, that helped me immensely during the bad depression episodes. He came to see me everytime I ended up in the psych ward. And then finally one time, he told me that this place (hospital) was not helping me so much - yeah, keeping me from suicide, and giving me some time off, but he saw that a little life would go out of me during the hospital stays and time away from family (which for me, was not a great thing, love my family). So, he helped me set up an alternative plan. The next time I felt like I was in a bad place, I had different "buddies" come over and hang out with me, while my husband was at work. And it got me through! I learned to play cribbage with one friend, and another came and would stay real late and we would watch tv, talk.....and it was so wonderful. I quit the psych hospital scene forever after that. It's been since 1996, and I am doing well. The episodes didn't last forever, but in the midst, what a dark world. But they would pass, and then I would feel ok again. My diagnosis was bi-polar, but I never got manic - I think it was an inaccurate diagnosis. THe depression episodes often lasted for about six weeks, and took a chunk of time to deal with. Eventually I had to leave my job and apply for disability. I eventually got to where I could ride through the episodes on my own, but it wasn't easy, and I reached out a lot. It became a skill. I'm not saying this to make anyone feel that they can just ignore their depression away.........because I know and remember how all emcompassing it can be. I have had smaller and shorter times of depression since 1996, and most of the time none at all. I think it depends on what part of my brain is inflammed at the time, because I think some of this was purely biological and chemical. But the other part of depression for me, was life situation. My past, my fears, my longings for a different world. So, my love and compassion to everyone suffering from this. It's a hard thing to carry. But know that you are really so much more than the mind......if you can find your spirit and remember who you are, underneath it all - this is so healing. THere is a strong, calm, wise part of you - that is always there at all times. You are the LOVE that you seek, and want to be. You are already THAT. Love, jnanda
  • jangel, Spaceview, mooonlite13 and 5 others like this

#59 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:24 PM

well....100$/hour????........LOL...dude ....i'm happy to hear you for free buddy!!!!....much love!!!
  • jangel, Spaceview, ditto257 and 2 others like this

#60 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

i've suffered from depression my entire life.... i don't understand....
  • jangel, Spaceview, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#61 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

i've suffered from depression my entire life....
i don't understand....

Can we help you in some way sweetie? Just know you are not alone...and there are many here willing to help in any way they can.

Peace
  • Spaceview, ditto257, usstoner and 3 others like this

#62 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

thanks jangle your a sweety....a prayer would be nice....thanks...
  • jangel, Spaceview, ditto257 and 4 others like this

#63 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:51 AM

have mine too then us!!!...i have a never ending supply of prayers!!!! :D:
  • jangel, Spaceview, ditto257 and 4 others like this

#64 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

How is everyone, hope all is well!!! I'm doing ok. I'm still having stomach problems along with the anxiety and am struggling still with the blues. But I am thankful it is not as bad as it was a week or so ago.. I get angry with myself at times thinking, I knew I should of gotten help sooner, I knew the signs but being miss denial that I am I just kept telling myself it would pass... My daughter got tough on me yesterday. We had made plans to go for a walk together. She kept saying I should go to her house to walk as I haven't been there in a while, I haven't been anywere in a while.. Well Sunday morning she calls me, I was still saying no to going anywere, Well she came back at me, not in a mean way but, She said, Mom we are always checking on you, You can't keep expecting us to do that if you won't try to get out of the house, she said it just isn't fare.. Well I got pissed at first, even though I knew she was right. All through my kids life it has been tough on them watching me go through these kinds of times, And I thought, it is still happening to them.. So with that rude awakening and once I came down to reality, stopped being so mad at my daughter for forcing me to do something I didn't want to do, I got into my car and drove the thirty minute ride to her place. While all along, I was feeling a lot of anxiety and my stomach was so ill. As I'm driving along down the country roads I all of a sudden come to a cop who is stopping me, OMG I almost brought some weed with me too, I'm thinking,, But what it was was is he was giving me directions to take a detore. There were cop cars and television stations all around, there was a stand off going on down the road, thats all, Not much of a big deal while still having anxiety,,lol Then while taking the directions the cop gave me to get me were I was going, what do I do but get lost, If I wasn't feeling so sick I might of thought the whole thing was funny,,lol But quite a while later I find myself almost back to were I started..lol Then I drove to my daughters the long way around, no cops, no stand off, I finally made my destination.. I did walk with my daughter, we talked, I cried a bit.. She is so good and understanding with my illness. I am sure she didn't want to be tough with me, But it needed to be done. I need to take those baby steps and get out of the house. I have to get rid of these bad feelings I get that feel like they are going to take me over.. I'm looking forward to when I can get out and feel normal, what ever normal is,, I get frustrated that it isn't happening over night but I have to remember, it took me a months to get this bad, it is going to take a while to heal... Thank you for listening
  • jangel, Spaceview, ditto257 and 3 others like this

#65 Spaceview

Spaceview

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3838 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:07 AM

I'm glad to hear that you got out and spent time with your daughter Deb. This is never easy and it is never a straight line in terms of getting better, but it is important to keep trying. I will continue to pray for you and all the others suffering with this.
  • jangel, ditto257, usstoner and 3 others like this

#66 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:34 PM

Of course US...always...just keep taking those baby steps.

And Deb, you are listening to others! Others that love you! That is a good thing sweetie.|

Good for you just for not turning around and going home. way to go!

Love you all.

Hugs!
  • Spaceview, ditto257, usstoner and 3 others like this

#67 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

I've had some bedder days in this short time since going to the doctors and beginning to do what I need to to get mentally content. I expect a rough day here and there, Do you ever have those days were it feels like you have been in a long battle, your so worn out physically along with mentally?? Guess I just need a break every once in a while, Give myself permission to just relax when I need too. That is hard sometimes... Do you ever feel this way??

#68 Spaceview

Spaceview

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3838 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

I definitely have those kinds of days Deb (and sometimes those days turn into weeks). I sometimes feel like I have to walk a fine line on those days. Relaxing and giving myself a break is good, but sometimes it turns into further depression. I think the key is to remember that there is nothing wrong with taking a little time for yourself to relax. :(

#69 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

Thank you Spaceview, it is always good to hear what those who know have to say. It is hard doing this but what other choice do I have but to keep fighting, It is just like fighting for your freedom and more....

#70 Spaceview

Spaceview

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3838 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

You will make it. Just make sure you let the people who care about you help you. :(

#71 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:36 PM

Awesome thread, thanks for posting so we all can try to understand, without my meds I'm a slobbering mass of flesh,
  • jangel, ditto257, usstoner and 4 others like this

#72 envind

envind

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:19 PM

Wow, deb, hit the nail on the head, "give myself permission to relax..."
no. It dosen't happen. I don't get to outrun the echo's of what I have been, and what I have done.
I don't sleep like most people. At 8, I pulled my first all nighter to read a book. by 13, I would go a day or 2 without sleep, just because I didn't have time to rest. Too much to do.
At 18, crippled and depressed, Meth seemed a good way to go. Rush your bloody mind out for a few days, then drink a 5th, take some pills, and hope you might not wake up, this time. Was a long, hard cycle to break. I lived a dozen lives trying to find just 1 that suited me.

My psychological salvation came from a hobby. When we moved to texas, I started making cheese. Got my hands on goats milk, found out I liked goat cheese. A few years later, I have 100 goats, running a meat herd, a dairy herd, a buck yard, and an orphanage/nursury. I have been Elbow deep inside a goat, saving a baby that should never have been born. I was the lifeline to feed and water, the controller of life and death, in that little world of 30 acres. Those animals needed me, in a way I had never felt needed.

So I still don't sleep, and probably never will, not with proficiency, but my goats have given me a little peace, a little respite from the self-loathing. I may not ever like the life I have led, but I know I have put some bright spots on many lives with my journey. That makes it worth it. I hate to drive, still can't stand cities, but finished a 2500 mile trip running 25000 pounds with my dually and trailer, drove right through rush hour in denver, had brakes fail coming down the hill from bend, and I have finally stopped shaking since I got to oregon... 3 months ago. Posted Image

Life is not a destination, it is a journey. We all end up in the same place, corporeal-ly speaking:
dead.
But how we get there makes all the difference. and I am not one to stop to rest, there is too much to do, seems there is still a long journey yet to be had. This is true for you, too. Change lives with your struggle, and it makes it a little more worthwhile.
  • jangel, GeeGee, ditto257 and 3 others like this

#73 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

Life is not a destination, it is a journey. We all end up in the same place, corporeal-ly speaking:
dead.
But how we get there makes all the difference. and I am not one to stop to rest, there is too much to do, seems there is still a long journey yet to be had. This is true for you, too. Change lives with your struggle, and it makes it a little more worthwhile.

This is the way of truth envind....thank you for that wisdom.

I have had those days, just waiting till I could give myself permission to sleep...as that is what I wanted all day to do, not from tiredness, just to turn off the broken tape in my head...droning on and on....without rest. The sadness...the depression, the lack of light I perceive....not because it is dark, but because my soul sees none...cannot dream of it existing...but it does come...light comes, and it lights up your heart....like the sun.

But we can all sleep when we are dead, so on I go. Life is good...I have love, I have life, I have joy...the rest does not matter.

A wise man once told me the only certainty in Life is that there is Change....and this is good. Because what ever stinks and sucks and is hurting us, will change...that is a certainty....life is change...so on we go!

Love you all folks...thank you for pouring out your souls and helping us all.

Peace
  • ISO2BWELL, ditto257, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#74 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

Thank you envind and jangel, some pretty powerful things you say....
  • jangel, ditto257, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#75 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:28 AM

Thanks to everyone who has posted.Though I have not found the courage to post on this thread yet myself I have still been able to reap great insight thanks to all of you.I hope that soon I may be able to do the same for you and for others who are suffering from the insidious grasp of depression.You all have great strength inside you wether you beleive it or not.What you have written in this thread is PROOF of that.Thank you again.
Take Care,
Blue

• jangel, ditto257, Itinkso and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users