#476 420friendly

420friendly

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2288 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hi all!

Sorry I've stayed out of this thread lately. I come in, find myself kinda speechless, how can words on a screen from an unknown face be of any help to folks trying to deal with the brutality of insomnia, physical pain, or mental anguish? And this sounds crazy, but I start to feel guilty that my bi-polar is on an upswing. Ah, the joys of mental illness...

Ditto......................................just when I think everything is smoothing out..... nailbiting.gif

something pops up and says ...NO YOU DON"T
GAAAAsmiley.gif

http://youtu.be/K_t9AA3Z4PE

:(

http://youtu.be/pfjsN3__RFs

Edited by 420friendly, 06 June 2012 - 03:48 PM.

• Itinkso, KaeaneabisSativas and DEBhasgrn like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#477 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

thanks for having a thread on this topic. I have had lifelong depression and rarely talk about it to someone unless when appologizing for having a blow up. I found the best help with lambsbread and sour diesel, but currently don't have either. I only read the first page and am eager to read the others to hopefully find some suggestions from yalls.
  • PoeticLife and KaeaneabisSativas like this

#478 MedicineMuse

MedicineMuse

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

Really glad to have landed here. I've had the worst two years of my life in terms of depression etc. I refuse to go to therapy the past few years as I feel like I am always judged (long story...) I have curse/gift of being able to see through people like you see through an empty wine glass (and sometimes hear people's thoughts, psychic curse/gift) This sometimes limits me in terms of developing deep lasting relationships. I closed my business in the spring of 2011 and I am definitely isolating more. Trouble trusting people I guess. I've also developed debilitating anxiety, and it tends to come and go. It revolves around leaving my house...sick dog brought it on. In any case. I had what I think was a psychotic break near Christmas last year and a couple more that were less intense...this is always the hardest time of year for me, even though I am not religious. I don't do well in the dark of winter. My hormonal state is a mess, entering peri-menopause. I just got a script for some progesterone and Celexa...so we will see if they do the trick. I absolutely hate to go back on anti-depressants, they have never really helped me, and it's been over 15 years since I've been on meds. Doc says the change in hormones really makes any depression or possible bi-polar imbalances much worse (Serotonin uptake etc) I am wondering if there is any strain of cannabis that would help me with my mental issues...I would love to not go on the anti-depressants. Suffering from severe insomnia, which might have to do with the hormone issue, we shall see. I am sure the computer late at night doesn't help. When I smoke I can sleep...but I hate smoking or vaping. I am cooking my first batch of oil in the next couple of days, so I will keep you updated as to how it helps. I don't know the strain, it was from one of our outdoor organic grows a couple of years ago. Again, would love suggestions on strains that might be of use. Peace. MM
  • PoeticLife and KaeaneabisSativas like this

#479 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:15 AM

smoking leaf and tip will definitely help with the anxiety...they are higher in cbd's than buds are....making an edible extract from leaf tip and stems would have a calming effect methinks...also smoking leaf is a good way to bring down an intense high IME muA
  • Greenview, PoeticLife and KaeaneabisSativas like this

#480 C4NNABIZ

C4NNABIZ

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

I am wondering if there is any strain of cannabis that would help me with my mental issues...I would love to not go on the anti-depressants.

MM

To be honest, any strain will help with depression. I mostly prefer Kush strains which are usually close to 100% Indica, but I often use Sativa strains during the day. They both help ..... a lot. I don't know much about edibles, but I suggest you give Vaping another go. One good hit can make your day ;) I find Vaping much more useful for depression. It lasts longer than smoking and it will mellow you out :)
  • KaeaneabisSativas likes this

#481 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

thanks for having a thread on this topic. I have had lifelong depression and rarely talk about it to someone unless when appologizing for having a blow up. I found the best help with lambsbread and sour diesel, but currently don't have either. I only read the first page and am eager to read the others to hopefully find some suggestions from yalls.

Really glad to have landed here.

I've had the worst two years of my life in terms of depression etc. I refuse to go to therapy the past few years as I feel like I am always judged (long story...) I have curse/gift of being able to see through people like you see through an empty wine glass (and sometimes hear people's thoughts, psychic curse/gift) This sometimes limits me in terms of developing deep lasting relationships. I closed my business in the spring of 2011 and I am definitely isolating more. Trouble trusting people I guess. I've also developed debilitating anxiety, and it tends to come and go. It revolves around leaving my house...sick dog brought it on.

In any case. I had what I think was a psychotic break near Christmas last year and a couple more that were less intense...this is always the hardest time of year for me, even though I am not religious. I don't do well in the dark of winter. My hormonal state is a mess, entering peri-menopause. I just got a script for some progesterone and Celexa...so we will see if they do the trick. I absolutely hate to go back on anti-depressants, they have never really helped me, and it's been over 15 years since I've been on meds. Doc says the change in hormones really makes any depression or possible bi-polar imbalances much worse (Serotonin uptake etc)

I am wondering if there is any strain of cannabis that would help me with my mental issues...I would love to not go on the anti-depressants.

Suffering from severe insomnia, which might have to do with the hormone issue, we shall see. I am sure the computer late at night doesn't help. When I smoke I can sleep...but I hate smoking or vaping. I am cooking my first batch of oil in the next couple of days, so I will keep you updated as to how it helps. I don't know the strain, it was from one of our outdoor organic grows a couple of years ago. Again, would love suggestions on strains that might be of use.

Peace.

MM

Hi guys,, sure am glad you are here... I hope the depression is not affecting you at this time,, It is a terrible thing,, You will find in this tread that I too suffer from depression,, I have my whole life,,,

I don't always get my choice of strains so I can't suggest any one strain for you but, here is a site link that can help you with the different strains for the depression!!!! http://www.medicalma...ression&x=0&y=0

I wish you all the best of happiness,, Please know we are here with you!!!! Deb smhug.gif
  • PoeticLife, KaeaneabisSativas and Blue61 like this

#482 athena

athena

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

the story of Kay Lee......amazing woman!!!

The Bottom of the Mind: Depression

by Kay Lee
kaylee1@charter.net

I've agreed to lay my pain to paper only because my miracle medicine is still illegal.

Before 1992, a handful of doctors proved beyond a shadow of a doubt in a court of law that Cannabis was vital to their patient's medical care. The people representing NIDA and Health and Human Services still to this day provide the shrinking list of living patients with an ongoing monthly supply through their approved pharmacy. The rest of us lose our property, go to prison, and are labled 'criminal' for the rest of our lives.

It's important that you understand that, despite what the United States Drug Czar would have you believe, marijuana reform is not 'cheech and chong', but a dead serious effort to tell the truth: Marijuana can be used as medicine to drastically raise a sick person's quality of life. The plant does not take lives, and in some cases it can actually save a life: I know... because it saved mine.

But since I've learned that truth, due to prohibition laws, I can go to prison any day for nothing more than using a plant that heals me. In fact, I was arrested once, in 2006, right after my heart surgery at the tender age of 63.

Because my medicine, so vital to my health, is illegal, I have learned as much about the drug war and the inside of prison as is possible, considering I have never lived in one. I have made it my business to know because I could be arrested at any time for what I do: I must repeatedly ignore a bad law in order to use God's plant to stay alive and useful.

If I go to prison, I will exist in a cold concrete cell and my body will deteriorate. I will be deprived of sunshine and marijuana, thus my mind could sink into the small, cramped world of depression. But, my spirit is strong because of my years of use and I do what I have to do. So, never, ever believe a rumor that Kay Lee killed herself. I am much too strong for that now.

I wasn't strong in my pre-marijuana life. I was very fragile. Depression is like a gray thread woven throughout my family cloth, so I had a high chance of living with it. My mother dreadfully suffered from it in her older years; and when I say suffer, I want you to understand that mental and physical pain are the same: They both hurt.

I'd been kind of a loner, inside myself all my childhood years. I grew from a withdrawn child, one my mom labeled "moody", into a broken adult. By the time I turned twenty I was having rages, followed by lots of tears, followed by long periods of silence; days, weeks where I could not speak, could not eat, could not respond. I knew I was flawed, but had no understanding of what was happening.

By the time I sought help several years later, I weighed 75 pounds. Suicide had begun to dominate my thoughts. It seemed the only way to stop the horrible sadness. The early attempts were weak, using generic pills that made me vomit but did nothing to ease the pain.

My first real and recognised breakdown sent me on a seven year journey into hell. When I couldn't stop crying for several days straight, I landed in a psychologist's office and was given elavil, then switched to melaril. We knew it wasn't working when I failed at my next attempt. I took pills and laid in the tub, and when it didn't work, I dressed soaking wet and ran barefoot aimlessly for nearly an hour on the frozen February streets.

I came down with pneumonia, almost comatose despair, and was graduated to the heavy stuff, Elivil, Lithium, Librium, all kinds of progressively vicious chemicals. And the sadness grew worse and worse. I could see myself losing control, but I didn't know how to stop it. Neither did the doctors, but I had insurance, and they were willing, even eager, to experiment with expensive new drugs.

For seven years I tried to destroy myself. I hid in a closet and chopped my long hair off to the roots. I threw my beautiful paintings into the river. I slept too much or too little, cried too easily... and raged. And I faithfully, obediently took their pills day after hopeless day.

I became repulsed when touched and that really hurt my children. When I began smelling myself and washing numerous times a day, I withdrew further from everyone. When I went to see the shrink, I sat way across the room. When he found out why, I was admitted to the psych ward of an expensive hospital. I stayed for a month and began the perfectly legal 'Haldol drool'. This stuff 'drug' me down so deep, I couldn't even remember to swallow.

For seven years I let them try whatever they wanted. Every time they took me off another medicine to get ready for the next, I'd have withdrawal. Each drug has its own hell, and some would set my arms and legs to twitching; some made me vomit. Haldol, my nomination for devil drug, made me drool and did something terrible to my brain. For awhile after that drug, I could see the words of a book, but I could not make any sense of them.

For seven years I grew sicker and sicker. As they changed my medicine, all the old leftover medicine had gone into a shoebox in the top of the closet, but it was as if someone else had put it there: I never consciously thought about the pills, even as I stashed them. Then, one night, without awareness, as I bathed the children, put them to bed and meticulously cleaned the house, I slowly consumed all of them

Through a series of extraordinary interventions, which included my mother 2000 miles away, my doctor, and ma bell, I did not die, but I came as close to success as I was ever going to get by my own hands.

I vaguely remember a fireman, who had broken down the door to get into my home, walking me, dragging me, up and down the hallway. "Wake up....stay awake," he kept saying, but I retreated to nothingness.

The next memory I have is the blindingly brilliant emergency room, fighting to keep them from sticking the tubes into my nose and mouth. When I heard the ambulance driver say, "Opps... There's lunch," I gave up and sought sleep. I would not be allowed to die this time either.

Three days later, I came back to the world at the sound of my doctor's voice asking the nurse, "How long has she been like this?" My body was sitting up, alive, but my mind had been somewhere far away and quiet. He sat down beside the bed, and asked me simply, "Why?" I could not speak and had no answer I was willing to share because I did not understand either.

He told me that he had saved me this time, but that next time I did this, the state was going to lock me in their very unhealthy mental ward. I numbly told him it didn't matter, because it was the truth. Nothing mattered.

For the few next years, I lived in a fog. I quietly played my mother role, but I was numb from medication, paralyzed by depression, just existing. I did what I had to do, but had lost hope that life would ever be more than bearable.

In 1977, when my 13 year old son drowned, the doctors asked me if I was a danger to myself. I told them that if a big Mack truck hit me, I could at least find out where my son was. So, they put me in the mental ward overnight.

I lay awake in the dark, hearing the moans and commotion of the disturbed people around me and the sounds were a reflection of the way I felt.

I went home the next day and mechanically put together my son's funeral, but the essence of me was not there. I was 39 years old and though I felt already dead, there was no relief.

After his cremation, an Indian acquaintance handed me a joint and said, "it might help and it certainly won't hurt." Not only was I desperate, but I instinctively knew the truth. So, without hesitation, I sat out back in the sun, alone on a stump, and lit the marijuana cigarette.

I had taken only a couple of puffs and a humbling thing happened: I heard, felt, sensed a voice that said, "If you can handle this [my son's death], you will be able to handle anything that comes your way."

...And my closed and shadowed mind opened like the petals of a flower, and, like waking after a nightmare and throwing open the windows of a dark and lonely room; Like the early morning sunshine dancing on the floor, my mind was suddenly flooded with light and life.

I physically gasped...I had not realized before how dark it was in there until the cannabis plant turned on the light. I felt warm, in control and at peace for the first time in my life. I felt strong and clean and whole and capable of dealing with whatever was before me. The feeling of total peace stayed with me for three days, the humbleness forever, and the strength continues to grow with everything I 'handle'.

I didn't know to call it medicine back then, but I took that shoebox full of perfectly legal and very dangerous drugs that had slowly refilled and I buried it deep, deep in the earth near the lake. And I have, never, ever looked back. I thank God and His plant for the healing. He said everything I needed was here and He meant it.

I made plenty of mistakes, but I raised my five remaining children virtually as a single mother, and did hard decent work to support them. I stood strong during one daughter's three month coma, and helped birth and nurture eight perfect grandchildren and a great-grandson.

When the last child was no longer dependant on me, at the age of 50, I managed three years in college, mastering four honors courses. I did in-the-schoolroom research and learned about the lies - until I knew enough to realize that I was supporting harmful policies with my silence.

I continued my personal journey for justice by changing to in-the-trenches action. I, shy grandma that I was, quit college, left my home, and began to stand in public places talking about 'politically unpopular' truths, debunking the myths, challenging authority, and comforting the people whose lives had been or could be altered and destroyed by marijuana laws. I devoted myself to the plant, its creator, and its people. Can you blame me? 10 million Americans, many of them good citizens, have lost their rights and freedom over these laws.

I rejoice in living without doctors and councilors and psychiatrists, without debilitating drugs, without the constant overwhelming pain of depression. My mind is no longer filled with cobwebs and fog. I am no longer weak. I rejoice! I am a benefit to this world.

My God, why would anyone want to take this from me? From those I am able to help? What could possibly motivate anyone to want to throw me back into that darkness and make me useless to others because I have discovered the benefits of this plant?

I just don't understand...

If you don't know enough about marijuana to help change the laws, Please...Please Learn more!

The Bottom of My Mind : Depression

Wow - that was one of the most moving things I've ever read about depression, and what one can do about it! Many many blessings upon that dear woman who wrote that!!! May her message be spread far and wide.
  • KaeaneabisSativas, Blue61 and DEBhasgrn like this

#483 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

World-first study tests diet, depression link

Nov 12, 2012
http://www.abc.net.a...ression/4365270

Victorian researchers are conducting what is believed be the world's first clinical study of whether an improved diet can help people suffering from major depression.

Scientists at Deakin University, St Vincent's Hospital and Barwon Health are recruiting 200 people in Melbourne and Geelong to take part in the study.

Associate Professor Felice Jaka says the researchers will look at whether a Mediterranean and red meat diet can alleviate depressive symptoms.

"Diet quality seems to be related to the risk of depression and anxiety," she said.
"But of course a different question is if you're already depressed, does improving your diet actually help?
"The Mediterranean diet is very healthy and that's one that has lots of plant foods and vegetables and fruits, wholegrains and fish but our research has indicated that red meat may also be important."

However, Associate Professor Jaka says it is unlikely a change of diet would form the primary treatment of depression.
"Anti-depression medications are very helpful to many people and very important to take but for some people they're not effective so we certainly wouldn't see this as an either-or," she said.

"We would see this very much as supporting any other sort of therapy that people may be on but for some people it actually may be enough in and of itself.

"It's one of the things we'll be looking at."
  • PoeticLife likes this

#484 CRM5096

CRM5096

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

I am slowly reading this thread , and just wanted to jump to the end to say , I am humbled by the community outreach to each other , and the honesty i sense . I have a story as well , that began with anti depressants to a cocktail of several meds. that led me into a suicidal depression . I never had panic attacks , Anxiety Attacks or suicidal thoughts until prescribed drugs I am currently med free for almost 2 years now . I feel for others who find themselves on the meds, none worked for me
  • Desiderata, PoeticLife and HD96 like this

#485 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

CRM, thank you for sharing that. You are among many the same here. I've experienced only a few psychiatric pharmaceutical myself, but I had a nearly 9 year black out on Oxycontin. You can read about it in my link in my signature. Finally Free https://www.greenpas...1-finally-free/ And again, welcome to the family. desi

Edited by Desiderata, 20 December 2012 - 06:55 PM.

• HD96 likes this

#486 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

depression for me is not as bad as it usually can get around this time of year, its more about the stress and pressure I feel around the holidays.... and coming from a large family its the dealing with all the different personalities and such that are giving me a run for my money..... Bring on the New Calendar, am ready to jump on board and see what the next year brings... hopefully alot of good mixed in with the roadbumps, hills and valleys.

but still it is trying to peek thru and am doing whatever it takes to push on thru... one foot in front of the other as I always say. Then thought of something I had seen that basically said Fake It till Ya Make it or even better Fake It Till You Believe it..... so I scampered into the kitchen and on on the little back deck and began collecting snow for a snowman... see distractions can be good sometimes... it was silly as can be but it was FUN :)

Now its "crunch time" to get the rest done, but all will be fine and whatever gets done is done and what doesn't just doesn't matter anyways :)

Catch the smiles along the way Peeps!
Hugs all around.....

Attached File  CraftContestWreath.jpg   177.57KB   2 downloads

• HD96 likes this

#487 CRM5096

CRM5096

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

I just keep looking forward , to January to get passed all the holiday observation of day's ,

Edited by CRM5096, 23 December 2012 - 06:28 PM.

• PoeticLife likes this

#488 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

NOTHING replaces the confidence and consolation of good friends. When the mind cannot sort things out - it is good to have a friendly hand lead us through the darkness. LEAF --- I am hearing more and more about JUICING LEAF for many ailments - depression included. CBD's are key, I hear, and that is what leaf are high in. Any news from your end? Prayers and goodness to all who are suffering - especially those impacted by our current conditions of global war and chaos. Hope is desperately needed.
  • Greenview, PoeticLife and KaeaneabisSativas like this

#489 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

2 more days and can finally close the chapter of the holidays here.... and a nice long year reprieve till I tackle it yet again..... blaaaah. am sick and tired of being sick... though many times I think its simply the loneliness that is the hardest to push past for me. GAAAAsmiley.gif

:::toke more.... think less... alot less::::

• KaeaneabisSativas likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users