62 replies to this topic

#1 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:56 AM

kk....my brain tumour friend ran out of oil.....cos i'm roughly 4 weeks from harvest i decided to do a run of oil with 5 males i had left to their own devices in the back garden!!! i had a big pile of fans and half dead stuff and sticks and such lying around too so everything i had left over has been chucked in the mix!!! it has been soaking since saturday afternoon so we are at about 48 hours so far.....here's some pics.....will post pics of how it looks now later on!!!

Attached Files

• Bueller, plant boy, KaK and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:02 AM

okedoke....here's whats in the bucket 48 hours after starting the soak!!!....its almost fluorescent green....much greener than anything i've made before.....or maybe its just the lenght of the soak?....who knows!!! :)

Attached Files

• jangel, Bueller, plant boy and 1 other like this

#3 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:35 AM

Soaking plant material in ethanol is highly over rated and tastes greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen. I get about 2/3rds of the available oil with a 3 minute quick wash of frozen material without the green. See attached pictures of extract before reduction I use a second ethanol wash to collect most of the remainder, which I cook off separately as the tast and effect are different. I then pour water into the still alcohol wet material, shake it, and filter that off. I first pour the water plant mixture though a French Chenois metal strainer, and then a coffee filter. I save the filtrate from the coffee filter, dissolve it in warm ethanol, and extract more oil from that. Plant fiber will be left over. I take the material that is left from boiling off the water, and redissolve it in ethanol, which provides yet another extraction, with a redish wax being the precipitant that falls out of solution, leaving good usable oil behind to be harvested. All four extractions are good, just different, and only the last has chlorophyll and water solubles to contend with. Hee, hee, hee...................... Sorry, after three tries, I gave up on attaching the picture, but trust me when I say that it is clear amber, with no trace of green.

Attached Files

Edited by Graywolf, 04 October 2010 - 04:39 AM.

• plant boy, KaK and Itinkso like this

#4 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:42 AM

Oops, looks like the attach actually does work, even if it doesn't indicate that it has. Please note the amber color from a 3 minute frozen extraction as compared to this 10 minute frozen extraction.

Attached Files

• Bueller, plant boy, KaK and 2 others like this

#5 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

hey GW!!!.....are the above posts talking about extractions from males?....or extractions in general?.......i quite like keeping my chlorophyll....it has health benefits too and as for the taste....since i give it to cancer patients i feel a little bit well fek it....either put up with it or go try chemo!!!....i know i'd rather taste kak 3 or 4 times a day for 5 minutes than be layed out with chemo!!! that sounded very harsh the way that came out....and i don't mean to sound harsh....but it really is a lesser of 2 evils as far as i can see!!!...LOL!!
  • jangel, Bueller, plant boy and 2 others like this

#6 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Soaking plant material in ethanol is highly over rated and tastes greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.

I get about 2/3rds of the available oil with a 3 minute quick wash of frozen material without the green. See attached pictures of extract before reduction

I use a second ethanol wash to collect most of the remainder, which I cook off separately as the tast and effect are different.

I then pour water into the still alcohol wet material, shake it, and filter that off. I first pour the water plant mixture though a French Chenois metal strainer, and then a coffee filter.

I save the filtrate from the coffee filter, dissolve it in warm ethanol, and extract more oil from that. Plant fiber will be left over.

I take the material that is left from boiling off the water, and redissolve it in ethanol, which provides yet another extraction, with a redish wax being the precipitant that falls out of solution, leaving good usable oil behind to be harvested.

All four extractions are good, just different, and only the last has chlorophyll and water solubles to contend with.

Hee, hee, hee......................

Sorry, after three tries, I gave up on attaching the picture, but trust me when I say that it is clear amber, with no trace of green.

Hi GW...your picture was too big, that is why it would not go on....I have adjusted this one. Shrink them down to 900 by whatever the opposite pixel size is and it should work.

Tink, did you dry the males first before you extracted them?

VERY kewl to see this sweetie...good job!
  • Bueller, plant boy and Itinkso like this

#7 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:55 AM

hmmm....seems a bit of a glitch here. Here is the pic GW!

Attached Files

#8 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:00 AM

gotta whole load of stem I've been saving...hehehehe even males :) next step...save and buy a chipper...the ....extraction time! MUHhahahaahaha! :) muA

#9 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:09 AM

Hi GW...your picture was too big, that is why it would not go on....I have adjusted this one. Shrink them down to 900 by whatever the opposite pixel size is and it should work.

Tink, did you dry the males first before you extracted them?

VERY kewl to see this sweetie...good job!

hello Jski!!!....woot woot........no...i didn't dry them this time....they sat in my shed for 4 days but they were nowhere near dried before i chucked them in....i thought i'd just go with the flow and see what happens....mairi has some oil for now so i'm not in the huge rush i was in at the weekend!!!...LOL!!!.....still soaking...so 72 hours so far......if the rain stays off i'm intending to extract tonight...if not then tomorrow....i'm not going to do anymore washes cos i'm too excited to see what happens with this one!!!....its a very bright green colour.....and the iso has been evaporating off itself just sitting in the shed...the level has gone down a little in the bucket....woot woot...pray for no rain!!! :)
  • jangel, plant boy, Graywolf and 1 other like this

#10 time4me

time4me

nature lover

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:09 AM

So is it tonight there yet? lol

#11 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

So is it tonight there yet? lol

ROTFLMAO!!!.....nope!!! :)

#12 time4me

time4me

nature lover

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

Now? teehee

#13 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

How about now?Posted Image
  • Bueller, plant boy, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#14 time4me

time4me

nature lover

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

Is it time yet? Is it? Is it?!!!! :) :) :) rotflmaogif rotflmaogif

#15 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

.....has to be time now.....is it time yet????

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#16 time4me

time4me

nature lover

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

TiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

what are you waiting for?

I think it's time.

:)

#17 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

Yes, time, has to be time now....never mind time there and time everywhere....

is it time NOW, time?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#18 time4me

time4me

nature lover

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

ROFLMAO!!!! I am time and I say it's time, so it must be time! :)

#19 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

well!!!!.....haven't we been busy having a VERY deep discussion about time!!!!....FFS!!!....ROTFLMAO!!!!....pair of twally's!!!! :) hehe....tis almost time.....unfortunately...its also peeing down so no go this evening i'm afraid......pray for a dry night please so we can get this ball arollin!!!! :)
  • Bueller, plant boy and time4me like this

#20 Lydia

Lydia

ॐ ॐ ॐ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1784 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:22 PM

put them under an umbrella???

#21 Third floor turtle

Third floor turtle

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

Are we there yet ...........is it time................? what is time anyway

#22 time4me

time4me

nature lover

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

I think it's time for Tink to take the thing to toil and make some oil! (Say that 3 times really fast, lol) Did you find an umbrella? :D: Is it time yet?

#23 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:55 AM

ROTFL!!!...ok...ok...the time is imminent now.......due to time constraints i've had no time to do this run....the males have been soaking all this time....2 weeks today since they went in the bucket....they've been agitated a couple of times most days so tonight is the night....i'll do the rice cooker tomight and then finish on the warmer...so it might be tommorrow before i have a finished oil.....we shall soon see!!!...WOOT!!!

#24 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

So it is time! All that time soaking...my goodness...has to be time!

Or has your clock stopped?

Mine is ticking....and ticking....and ticking....and ticking....and ticking....and ticking.....I think it must be time....

Tiiiiiiimmmmmeeeeeeee is on MMMMMMYYYYYY side....Yess it is.

..........see...................it is on the side..............time that is................is it time yet..........on the SIDE????

huh.............has to be......................

TIME

#25 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:46 AM

So it is time! All that time soaking...my goodness...has to be time!

Or has your clock stopped?

Mine is ticking....and ticking....and ticking....and ticking....and ticking....and ticking.....I think it must be time....

Tiiiiiiimmmmmeeeeeeee is on MMMMMMYYYYYY side....Yess it is.

..........see...................it is on the side..............time that is................is it time yet..........on the SIDE????

huh.............has to be......................

TIME

sorry J....could you just run that by me again please?.....OTFLMAO!!!!
  • jangel, Bueller and plant boy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users