26 replies to this topic

#1 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:24 AM

If you know me, you know I am a Bueller.... my machines are Buell, my love is Buell... they were the best damn motorcycles I have ever had the pleasure of throwing a leg over.

Last October in a move that will never make sense, Hardley Davidsen ( fek em! ) unceremoniously shut down Buell Motor Company one month after we won the AMA Daytona Sportbike giving a US made M/C company the first championship since Cal Rayborn in 1971 on a HD.

I was devastated, 200 gnomes working in East Troy Wisconson were let go, the plant shut down and everything sold off....

Out of the ashes, Erik put together a small race shop and fielded a privately funded limited effort this year in AMA Superbike with the 1125 RR and started building the 1190R Superbike,,,it is a rocket!

The machine is being raced in Europe and is tearing up the tracks, soundly beating Ducati, Aprilia and the rest but it is a race only machine...

Now, on Sept 14, less than one year after my heart was broken by HD, Erik has announced the release in 2011 of the best fekin motorcyle ever to be made in the USA!!

The Baracuda II, a full faired legitimate superbike that was in pre production testing before the evil deed was done is going to become a reality!

ERIK BUELL IS BACK!!!

Enter the 1190RS street superbike.... pre production teasers are coming and this article by Steve Atlas is making me well up with tears of joy......

http://www.motorcycl...svid=2067196143

BUELL LIVES AGAIN!!!!!
  • CAMSTER626 and OffDaBaba like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Ludlow

Ludlow

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:52 AM

Never owned a Harley, XBR, too much coin for my pockets. But two wheeled travel is the only way to go. I have an 1100 shadow, a kz550ltd, and a little kz200 right now. I love 'em all, but the little 200 is fun as hell. I've had a zx1100, that was a fast machine, and a zx600. Everyone says buy American, but it's tough with the price, and of course HD got a bad rep during the AMF years, but I always wanted to see a Buell win a few real AMA or Superbike races, or even the championship. I actually rode to Mid Ohio and Laconia just to watch the races a few years back. Keep it up and watch out for those "Sunday" drivers that are out all week now a days.
  • CAMSTER626 and Bueller like this

#3 420UG

420UG

Pollen Chucker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:01 AM

The Buell is a nice bike for sure and it's good to see the US dominating the sport. I am afraid I would crush a poor little Buell if I sat on one lol. I ride a RoadKing.

#4 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 20435 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:26 AM

I figured Erik would be back in the game as soon as possible when he told HD to take their job and shove it. The MoCo always treated the Buell brand like a red-headed step child and never really let him build the bike he wanted. Now that he's on his own he can produce a true superbike instead of what the marketing dept would allow. It'll be funny as hell if he goes out and wins the racing title and proving that the HD management really ARE idiots. I know he'll sell every bike he makes and if I can afford it I'll buy one one.

#5 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:37 AM

Mock up of the street fighter version...OMG I am in love again!! The shape of American sportmachines........GO ERIK !!!!! Attached File  1190R-1.jpg   84.39KB   9 downloads Attached File  1190R-2.jpg   78.42KB   9 downloads Attached File  1190R-3.jpg   67.07KB   4 downloads
  • CAMSTER626 likes this

#6 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 20435 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

I want one! I want one REAL bad! :D:

#7 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

When days are a drag, life gets in the way of smiles, take me to my motorcycle please! Snow on the ground, grey skies, light freezing rain, temps in the snow-rain-ice range... just sux!!! SO I cruise a little internet... looking for a life pick me up.... Here is a sneak pic taken at Erik Buell Racking of the street 1190Rs in pre release form.. Bring's a smile and a tear to ole Pete.... man this is THE bike of bikes.... GO EKIK BUELL!!!!! GO BUELL RACING!!!! Attached File  RS-YAY!!!!.jpg   55.26KB   5 downloads
  • CAMSTER626 likes this

#8 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:35 PM

Sneak peak.. Teasers... Rear shot of the RS on assembly cart... Attached File  EBR-Buell-1190RS-635x462.jpg   38.11KB   1 downloads Headlight assy show in front of drape at EBR.... Attached File  1190RS.jpg   61.48KB   1 downloads Ima gettin all sorts of excited... here is Jens on an 1190RR roll out... bbbbbbad to the bbbbbone!
  • CAMSTER626 likes this

#9 intensive

intensive

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

i like the tweeker, adrenaline screaming ring of 16k rpm of a inline 4 though, im sure the buells are fun too flyingsmiley.gif
  • Bueller likes this

#10 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

Daytona 200 should be VERY interesting in 2012, Geoff went out and turned some Florida laps....

Attached File  BJN93082.jpg   78.5KB   1 downloads

http://roadracingwor.../?article=46811

May Breaks Lap Record On EBR 1190RS En Route To Three CCS Florida Race Wins At Homestead-Miami Speedway

May Breaks Record at Homestead-Miami Speedway
CCS Florida - Homestead-Miami Speedway
December 4, 2011
by Lisa Theobald

Geoff May won the Unlimited Grand Prix race during the CCS Florida region’s season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway and set a new track record with his EBR 1190RS. May first broke the track record during a practice session and then several more times during the Unlimited Superbike race.

May led the Unlimited Grand Prix race from start to finish, widening the gap on the rest of the field with each completed lap. Behind him, Santiago Villa and Cory West battled for second place with Villa maintaining the advantage. It was during the second lap of the Unlimited Grand Prix race that May turned his fastest time of the day, 1:23.131, setting a new record and unseating Jeff Wood’s two-year standing, best time of 1:23.556. May was a four-year lap record holder at Homestead-Miami Speedway from 2004 until 2008, when Jeff Wood beat his 1:24.373 lap time.

After the race, May exclaimed, “I just had a ball down here! I love coming to Florida and racing with CCS. It’s a top notch group. I really enjoyed seeing all the fans out here. You guys made me want to push harder and go harder and put on a really good show for you. It means a lot to see all you guys out here rooting us on and it’s really cool.”

He went on to thank the new class sponsor, Gables Motorsports, and Henry DeGouw for “putting on a top notch show. You know how to do racing,” he stated. “I really want to thank Gables Motorsports for putting up the purse and giving something back to racing when everybody else is going down. You guys are doing what needs to be done for the sport, and I think it’s going to thrive here in Florida.”

Looking forward to the 2012 AMA season and the announcement of the introduction of the Big Kahuna Miami addition to the schedule, May stated, “I was having a good time and having fun. We came down here to do our homework for the AMA round and test a few tires from Dunlop that will be coming out soon. And, I was really impressed. They had some really good stuff that we tried from Buffalo, NY instead of the UK. We got a chance to put the bike through it’s paces. I’m really looking forward to next season.”

May added, “I want to thank Erik Buell. I plan to be with him and the EBR for a really long time. I just signed a multi-year deal, so I’m really looking forward to the future and what America can do with American-made sportbikes. It’s really going to be exciting over the next five years with all the new stuff coming out. I think we made everybody take note here this weekend. It’s a real deal motorcycle! It’s not the Buell of the past.”

UNLIMITED GRAND PRIX RESULTS: 1. Geoff May (EBR 1190RS); 2. Santiago Villa (Suz GSX-R1000); 3. Cory West (Suz GSX-R1000); 4. Jeff Lampe (Kaw ZX-10R); 5. Benny Solis, Jr. (Suz GSX-R600); 6. Felipe MacLean (Kaw ZX-10R); 7. Jake Lewis (Suz GSX-R600); 8. Stephan Bodedi (Yam YZF-R1); 9. Ken Wilson (Yam YZF-R1); 10. Eric Haugo (Suz GSX-R1000).

#11 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

Gotta love Erik , his advice and my uncles made me stray from all Harley's except for the 87-94 range .. According to them this is the zone for a good relaiable bike .. But you know Bige that I have a Buell as well hehehhehe Might just be looking at this one to update my lineup here heheheh Lile
  • Bueller likes this

#12 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

And now.....

The man has support, production capability and a partnership with the world's largest M/C manufacturer Hero Motorcycle Co. in New Delhi India....

They produce 14,500 bikes a day... smaller displacement, unreal gas mileage and they look bad ass!!!

They are supporting both EBR1190RS race teams in AMA Superbike .... Erik found 18 MPH over the winter.... Daytona is in 2 weeks......

I am a happy man...

Feketh Thee Harley D!

Attached File  45903.jpg   55.41KB   5 downloads

Bart Madson

Managing Editor

Motorcycle USA

Erik Buell Racing Teams with Hero MotoCorp

American sportbike designer Erik Buell has struck up a surprising new partnership. Buell’s latest venture, Erik Buell Racing (EBR), has entered into a strategic partnership with Hero MotoCorp - the largest motorcycle manufacturer in India. Hero will sponsor EBR’s American SuperBike racing effort, while Buell will lend his design skills to Hero for new model development.

Hero’s backing ensures funding for EBR’s 2012 AMA Pro Racing racing program, with the opening round next month at Daytona International Speedway. Hero will sponsor both EBR 1190RS American SuperBike entries, with newly signed Danny Eslick campaigning aboard a Team Hero branded bike, while returning EBR pilot Geoff May will ride an AMSOIL Hero branded mount.

Hero MotoCorp was formerly known as Hero Honda, a joint venture company with the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer. In December 2010 Honda announced it would divest its 26% interest and focus instead on its wholly owned Indian subsidiary Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI). The partnership with Erik Buell helps fulfill Hero’s need for R&D assistance, as dissolution of the JV removed technical input from Big Red (though terms of the split allow Hero to sell some Honda developed product under license).

“The Indian two-wheeler industry is set to evolve and it is only natural that as the market leader, we are driving this change,” said Hero CEO Pawan Munjal in a company statement. As a part of this plan, Erik is going to play an integral role in giving shape to some of my dream two-wheelers for the discerning youth of today. So my R&D team and Erik’s team together have made some definitive progress in this direction, and we will hopefully be putting a few scorchers on the roads soon.”

Said Buell in the announcement: ““EBR is delighted to partner with a company as iconic as Hero MotoCorp. Both HMCL and EBR share the common commitment to manufacturing world-class two-wheelers with technology of the future. I have personally been deeply impressed with and inspired by Pawan’s vision. He has given us a challenging brief, and our highly-motivated team is working towards giving shape to that dream. We look forward to designing technology solutions which are in line with contemporary global standards and also futuristic in their appeal and utility.”

• bongbonghi likes this

#13 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 20435 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

Sounds like a good deal, Erik gets sponsorship and Hero gets engineering expertise.
  • Bueller likes this

#14 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

Been thinking about paying Erik to take my 94 FXLR Custom and give her some Buell love up top heheh , I know he would do this for the money but more for the love of this frame he created for Harley as this he is well known for ! Sorry for those who disagree but the FXLR'' s were the cream of the crop so to say , theres a reason every Hells Angel wants one .. I think that Harley is going to find themselves in a world of hurt without Eriks team and mind ! Stupid azz clowns and there greed . Wont catch me on a Harley made after 1994 , feck the machine welded robotic made bikes ,, Mines all Union made by real Americans and that I cherish !! PPS

#15 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hey Pete , you should trailer your Buell when you come over this spring , heheheh .. I could bring my Buell and Harley down to Kak's heheheh Fun times ohhhhh yeahhhhhhhh
  • Bueller likes this

#16 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 20435 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

• Bueller likes this

#17 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

When I were 25.... riding 700 miles on a sport bike or the like would not bother... At 60..... It's fast, I'm fast but not 700 miles on a race bike.... just not gonna happen any more ... Trailer or bed..... no geezer glide luxuries....

#18 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 20435 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, I figure I'm good for about 500-600 miles before my body goes on strike. :D
  • Bueller likes this

#19 HD96

HD96

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

That is one Bad Ass Buell for sure! As far as Pot Snobs my bike is better than your bike crap I can do without it. Maybe somebody needs to look at the gp rules and guidelines. Pissed me and my road king off!
  • Bueller likes this

#20 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

HD , No offense meant to you or your Road King . I bought a 2006 sporty for the wife and the frames been replaced with a hand welded one by choice . I have no ill intentions here , it was said to honor those who built a legend and became disposed of in the end .. All to often words on the net become misconstrued ,I ride with 1% rs and could care less what you ride or vice versa , in the end its all about the wind in your face and I would ride with you humbly no matter if we were on scooters bro. Peace

#21 HD96

HD96

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

". Wont catch me on a Harley made after 1994 , feck the machine welded robotic made bikes " Seems clear to me. H.D. Proud Member, American Legion Riders, Michigan. Proud Member Patriot Guard Riders Michigan, Riding with Respect 38 year Member, AFSCME, Retired. Peace.

#22 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:29 PM

Back again with out the India connection, today the first 2016 rolled off the restarted production line in East Troy

Attached File  ebr.jpg   93.18KB   0 downloads

#23 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:53 AM

Attached File  Back.jpg   156.11KB   0 downloads

• Tokecrazy and Bong like this

#24 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 20435 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

Shiny

• Bueller likes this

#25 BikerPepe

BikerPepe

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • LocationN.E. WA.

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:23 AM

damn... lots of HD hatin' going on in this thread.  shame to see on GP.

• Bueller and KnuckleDragger like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users