118 replies to this topic

#51 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

Here's a pictorial update...I have added a fan @ canopy level {just above the cfl's} and am now feeding 3ml/Ltr A&B flower nutes from canna.

Attached File  IMG_3194.jpg   113.19KB   63 downloads Attached File  IMG_3195.jpg   131.97KB   78 downloads Attached File  IMG_3196.jpg   116.49KB   73 downloads

Attached File  IMG_3197.jpg   193.06KB   70 downloads Attached File  IMG_3204.jpg   79.2KB   76 downloads

Attached File  IMG_3199.jpg   169.25KB   73 downloads Attached File  IMG_3203.jpg   86.68KB   57 downloads

5 Weeks into flowering... I have since discovered th@ ALL of this first gen cross will flower past a certain age...the motherplants I carefully bonsaied and kept for clones are all flowering...Well, on the bright side, it gives me 4  plants to throw into flower immediately and 10 weeks to find some new mothers! muhahahahaha! :lol:

muA
  • jangel, Bueller, plant boy and 6 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

WOW! And wow and wow! U is the shiz man! no idea why I have never checked this out before. so kewl medi! King of scrog downunder!
  • Bueller, plant boy, KaK and 1 other like this

#53 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

Awww, shucks, J   :lol: hehehehe....sometimes when I'm quiet...sommat's happening! :) muhahahahah! muA
  • Bueller, plant boy and KaK like this

#54 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

looking very cool bro cant wait to see what she yields :lol:
  • Bueller, plant boy and DayTripping like this

#55 greenavenger

greenavenger

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

update with pics please. you have a talent for sure. Posted Image

#56 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

GA...the plant was put to flower 15th of Sept...As of today the 22nd Oct. they have been in flower 5 weeks 2 days...37 days.

BenignNeglect is so far my most successful method of growing...and an OverEngineered and OverLit Cab! :)

Due to health and stress problems in my life I swing between anal retentive attention to my grow or BenignNeglect...

By OverEngineering and OverLighting the cab, using an 80Ltr tub as res, growing a bushy plant in SWC for a long veg time

Attached File  snlswcroots2.jpg   83.65KB   20 downloads Attached File  snlswc.jpg   102.75KB   23 downloads Attached File  SWC.jpg   66.31KB   30 downloads

{removing fan leaves to promote spindly growth} and THEN placing the whole shebang into the 80Ltr DWC,

Attached File  IMG_2750.jpg   148.53KB   35 downloads Attached File  IMG_2756.jpg   144.95KB   49 downloads

under the screen and LOTS and LOTS of bendybendy and leafplucking :D
Attached File  IMG_3166.jpg   168.58KB   52 downloads Attached File  IMG_3170.jpg   103.28KB   39 downloads

I have been able to get away with BenignNeglect :lol:

Using canna nutes as per bottle's directions...with tapwater...I so often get a reading ph of 6.5 th@ I now just check ph occasionally...and I have not used my ec meter in ages...I know I should...but have not been up to it of late.

I keep the fan/filter on 24/7...I turn the air cooled lights on and off by hand... :D :D :D 

All this allows me to get a harvest in with BenignNeglect.

I could join both my cabs back to back and run the same lights in it and I think I would still be OverLit! :) MUHAhahahaha!

muA
  • Bueller, plant boy, Spaceview and 6 others like this

#57 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

oh i love this read so
  • Bueller, plant boy, Spaceview and 1 other like this

#58 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

:lol: :D :) :D :D :) :D I just gotta ask...am I the only one doing a scrog like this?...Considering the plant is vegged SWC with a small footprint, a few plants could be veggged whilst one flowered, and a semi-perpetual harvest maintained...IMO anyway :D  muA

#59 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:31 AM

Been stressed of late...not done more than keep the nutes up  From now for the next 2 weeks she's on water..I was considering molasses but it's a bugger on ph and I want clean roots after the grow Here's a lazy pictorial update... Attached File  IMG_3205.jpg   149KB   52 downloads Attached File  IMG_3206.jpg   149.43KB   47 downloads Attached File  IMG_3207.jpg   158.37KB   35 downloads Attached File  IMG_3209.jpg   186.7KB   35 downloads Attached File  IMG_3211.jpg   174.58KB   37 downloads Attached File  IMG_3213.jpg   202.01KB   34 downloads Attached File  IMG_3214.jpg   197.73KB   38 downloads Attached File  IMG_3220.jpg   101.5KB   43 downloads Attached File  IMG_3217.jpg   126.39KB   44 downloads Attached File  IMG_3218.jpg   113.89KB   36 downloads Ladybugs seem to have taken care of or kept under control the mites...no marks on new growth...and frost is now happening trich wise. The measurement doodah I got from a haberdashery th@ was closing down...I find it convenient to have around.  muA
  • Bueller, plant boy, Spaceview and 4 others like this

#60 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

Very very intense muA..love it! Peace! Pete
  • plant boy, Spaceview, KaK and 1 other like this

#61 grayjay

grayjay

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1449 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

:D: ;) :D: ;) :D: :D :P

I just gotta ask...am I the only one doing a scrog like this?...Considering the plant is vegged SWC with a small footprint, a few plants could be veggged whilst one flowered, and a semi-perpetual harvest maintained...IMO anyway :D 

muA

I've been thinking about it because of the small footprint I see in this thread...great use of space.

A question, how deep do you keep the water in the tub now with the plant at full maturity?

I thought this was cool also muA, you may have seen it before, from the DIY section.

https://www.greenpas...dpost__p__23852

#62 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

man what a knarley plant lol i just love it man i cant wait to see what she yields. that also would work gr8 for patients here with the plant numbers very nice Medi thanks :D

#63 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

Thanks Guys :( just 5-6 ladybugs have kept the mites under control/eliminated them :)  I'm still finding the LB's after a week or more in the cab :bananas: so they must be eating well :) the roots are suprisingly small compared to usual...My prev big scrogs have been vegged in this 80L tub...and the roots went and filled the bottom...this time it was vegged in a 12 Ltr small SWC....my Wally-Tub :) heheheh the roots have formed a tight, dense mass and are staring to get bigger and fill the tub...but not like when vegged in the big tub. top growth has not suffered though. Others doing something similar could possibly get away with using a 40-50 Ltr tub, I think. I go overkill most of the time :) I have thought of having a sequential scrog going...flower one like now...but also have 2 in SCW being vegged for flowering...one comes out, another go's in and yet another begins her veg...a small footprint could grow a few SWC in preparation to scrogging. I can let the nutes get as low as3' and can fill it to 3/4 up the netpot...but the longer the nutes are lower the woodier the roots become....keeping it half full or more will promote the growth of 'fish bone' roots....and those ya want! :)  Grayjay....I have seen th@ thread :) cool, huh? :lol:  Have worked out prev by running SWC veg, DWC scrog in flower, I could theoretically have 5-6 plants in a production cycle vegging and flowering during a year....about 15-20+ oz per harvest...90+ oz a year... I do not run this cycle....weather won't allow it... muA
  • Bueller, plant boy, Spaceview and 3 others like this

#64 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

Some observations from this grow. I have filled the screen better before...and I have grown bigger buds in scrog before...and it was a heck of a lot more work also!...and took longer because I vegged them under the screen as well as flowering...and I had a HECK of a LOT MORE problems with mites, mold and heatstress... So I think  vegging SWC as a bush as I did, and folding the plant under the screen when putting to flower, is the right way to go. Vegging in the 400W cab is gonna be cheaper than the 800W cab :) ....the footprint of the bushy SWC is quite small, really...until it is bent under the screen :D There was about 85% LESS leafplucking and bendybendy involved in transferring the plant under the screen as opposed to growing it under the screen. OK...here are 3 pic of the current scrog... the first is when placed under the screenAttached File  IMG_2750.jpg   148.53KB   38 downloads ...then it filling outAttached File  IMG_2914.jpg   113.85KB   61 downloads and the latest Attached File  IMG_3205.jpg   149KB   70 downloads Now...compare th@ to prev grows vegged under the screen... Canopy Way too fullAttached File  full flower.jpg   173.11KB   70 downloads Here one is after being thrown 12/12 and beginning to grow through the screenAttached File  IMG_1948.jpg   165.18KB   57 downloads Filled up waaay too muchAttached File  IMG_2050.jpg   167.09KB   67 downloads And suffered Heat stress, mold probs and Constant Borg attack!Attached File  Mph9+dmg3 - Copy.jpg   185.61KB   64 downloads This one had no screen...was tied down to spread out...still got more from scrog than like this, despite wh@ the pic shows :toking: heheheehAttached File  IMG_1437 - Copy.jpg   218.3KB   56 downloads muA
  • Greenview, Bueller, plant boy and 7 others like this

#65 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:22 AM

Update I have been putting ladybugs in the canopy and they seem to be keeping the Borg under control...I collected about 30 today and put in the cab and they are happily wandering through the canopy smileyheart.gif Reading has told me spraying a 50/50 mix of softdrink and water will stick their wings with the sugary water for a few days so they will hang around ;) heheheh I am also putting frozen bottles of water into the res and feeding her nothing but water...no real sign of fade so far...hmmmmm...will keep looking for it heheheh ;) muA
  • Bueller, plant boy, Spaceview and 4 others like this

#66 GoophyPhucker

GoophyPhucker

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

Ola Medi,

I just LUV the plant structure of your lastest SCROG! smileyheart.gif

Congrads on training the Ladybug army to master the borg

almost time ta hang this girl buy her heels

Edited by GoophyPhucker, 01 November 2010 - 07:49 AM.

• Bueller, plant boy and Spaceview like this

#67 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

very nice bro love the info and your plants very nice on spraying down the lady bugs as they always kill there selfs flying into the light also very cool and thanks.

#68 GeeGee

GeeGee

Sheep connoisseur extraordinaire

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

Medi that is some impressive Skills!!! WOW! Nice to see u again my friend

#69 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:29 PM

Thanks GG2 :party time: hehehe choppychop day soooon! muhhahahahaha actionleaf.gif muA

#70 foxlikemad

foxlikemad

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Locationblowgrado montana

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:49 AM

that things a monster! can i have one ? lol like some how clone the entire closet lol props to ya mua you rock!

#71 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:03 AM

Had some questions about a scrogskirt. This is a square of chicken wire with a hole cut in the center and slid up the pot...the branches were tied DOWN to the screen in a spiral pattern. Attached File  hazeSCROGskirt2.jpg   190.12KB   44 downloadsAttached File  VaderNSparkiehaze.jpg   224.82KB   47 downloadsAttached File  VaderNSparkie.jpg   172.17KB   37 downloads This was a Haze. muA
  • Bueller, plant boy, Spaceview and 3 others like this

#72 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:24 AM

Cut a tester bud off the plant to dry...and in the process of photographing it, dropped it...so after the pics I hadda spend an hour with a pair of tweezers and a torch pulling dog hairs {my mutts shed :) } out of the bud....trichs are like hair glue! :) muhahahahaha...anyway...enjoy :)

Attached File  bud.jpg   121.13KB   36 downloads Attached File  bud2.jpg   87.65KB   37 downloads

Attached File  bud3.jpg   105.42KB   35 downloads Attached File  bud6.jpg   131.5KB   35 downloads

muA
  • Bueller, Desiderata, plant boy and 5 others like this

#73 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:29 AM

Sorry to hear you had a hair pulling experience, medi. :) The pics are canna-licioius! :)
  • plant boy and Spaceview like this

#74 GoophyPhucker

GoophyPhucker

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:12 AM

Beautiful Bud muA,
Looks like you had some of the "hair of the dog" even before ya dropped it. :hungryplant:

".trichs are like hair glue" LMAO, Reminded me of "There's something about Mary"
  • plant boy and Spaceview like this

#75 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:34 AM

yum :hungryplant:
  • plant boy, Spaceview and DayTripping like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic