58 replies to this topic

#51 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:58 AM

Maybe it's just ME tink...but don't cha think it's a bit of a kak th@ the ad @ the top of the link you gave has the phrase "with prices like these, we must be bats"...but the chick in the pic is actually wearing a CATWOMAN mask! muhahahahaha! :party time: ...oooh....sometimes the little things CRACK ME UP! ROTFL

muA

ROTFLMFAO!!!!.....OMG medi!!!!.....i so never noticed her!!!....what about your mad mental eye for detail!!!!.....catwoman!!!!....ROTFL!!!
  • jangel, CAMSTER626 and Bueller like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

very nive man...thanks for sharing....
  • CAMSTER626, Bueller and Itinkso like this

#53 DogFaceDude

DogFaceDude

Old Dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:11 AM

Go Pete!! This should be titled "Oil for Dummies". Even I understood it and we got pictures too. Way to go man. You pay it forward so well. Thanks!
  • jangel, CAMSTER626, Bueller and 1 other like this

#54 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

exceptional. would there be any reason not to save the material in the freezer and add it in for the second extraction of your next go round of material? Or would the return be too weak/small.. Nice work pete I'm extracting mine as I type this. Thank you for the guide :bong: jah bless

Edited by MCOne, 06 December 2010 - 04:42 AM.

#55 Cobra427

Cobra427

Hashqueen

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

An here I thought it was way harder then that. Thanks so much for the great guide. Can't wait to try this out. Thanks :)

#56 intensive

intensive

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

hey pete, this is a great and VERY helpful post about larger volumes of qwiso, i personally have only used the qwiso method to clean my grinder :) hows the potency compared to bubble or bho? is it hard to contain the qwiso that you made? i know when i make BHO its a major PITA to collect oil and keep it without small mounts being wasted every time i try to keep it somehwere or consume it. so far in the freezer in an old pill bottle (i get these when i donate for bud at the dispensaries alot lately) is the only way to keep it, if your not cooking with it *edit* yup, now im heading to go get butane, to much thinking about gooey bliss, I MUST MAKE NOW! haha

Edited by intensive, 09 December 2010 - 10:11 PM.

#57 EmeraldCityOasis

EmeraldCityOasis

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationU.S

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Thank you Pete... I am late on joining this thread. I have made a very small quantity of the oil (using 2oz of good bud) in a rice cooker. I followed Rick Simpson's video on it. I am excited at the possibility of getting 1/3 more oil, since I do not have access financially to purchase a lb for extraction. I have a few questions if those of you who are seasoned experts could elaborate on, I would be most appreciative. Here they are: 1. When you say the oil at the end is no longer green and frothy, what color is it? My batch was fairly green at the end. 2. I had some trouble with the mechanics of getting the oil out of the rice cooker and into a storage container. I used a syringe, but it seemed the oil was so thick that it was hard to really get it all out of the pan. I used a hard plastic spatula. What do you all recommend for taking it out of the rice cooker to be sure you get every little bit? And what are you storing it in? 3. Can leaf be used in making the oil? 4. So, I will try doing several extractions, I felt like just stirring it for 2 minutes (per the RS video) was such a short time. When you do all the extractions, are you just leaving it in the container, or are you stirring it now and then? thanks everyone, and Happy New Year!

#58 nsana

nsana

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hi ECO, I've made a couple of batches. I like to clean up with coconut oil as it desolves the oil, then I put it capsules. At the end stage mine was a dark green, and tar like. Try getting a meat marinade injector they have a bigger barrel and produce strong vacuum for sucking up the oil.You gotta be safe no water heaters close by,no open flames and a couple of fans blasting on your mix. enjoy Nsana

#59 Janne

Janne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:37 PM

I made some oil today! There was 70 grams of bud and 60 grams of leafs and stems, I soaked them in 99% ethanol for 80 hours. 130 grams of material gave me 22 grams of oil. Second wash will be much longer because I´m very curious to see what will happen. I have worked with bee-propolis extractions many years and that stuff takes at least two weeks of ethanol-soak in a warm place to reach full potency. As both propolis and cannabis are quite similarly sticky and resinous, I must try this. I also like to Thank You all you for all this invaluable information in this thread, now I have much more medicine than expected for my dad!

Edited by Janne, 02 April 2011 - 02:38 PM.

• CAMSTER626, Bueller, strider and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users