58 replies to this topic

#51 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

Could someone please clarify. Is "honey oil" a loose term hemp oil? There seems to be a lot of "oil" based extracts.

Thanks,
Vaportrail

Honey oil is made with butane and is clear...I do not know if it will heal as the RS oil does.

I believe some of the essences are left more with this method...plus the danger of doing this for many folks.

Even experienced people have had fires or explosions using butane for a solvent...so do not do this if you are uncomfortable in ANY way.

The RS oil I have made and seen is dark, dark green in colour....it looks black. Not clear.

Hash oil as us old heads used to call it...not honey oil.

Peace
  • Itinkso, teddys head and kittypup like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 guestpatient

guestpatient

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

My thoughts: Honey oil is for smoking. PTO/RSO is for oral ingestion. Honey oil is more than likely, as jangel said, BHO or an oil extracted with another organic solvent. In the 70's we got RED oil callled honey oil and it was extracted via an ether process. From my own experiences, any extraction that is performed QUICKLY...like Butane extraction or QWIK WASH ISO will yield the amber to gold to red oil because there is insufficient time involved to breakdown the chlorophyll Anything cooked over the stove...LONG TERM....like RSO or other forms of PTO.....will be green/black/full of other plant concentrates that just don't smoke all that well. (harsh) FWIW...I don't like it when folks call it "hemp oil" because we aren't using HEMP to make it...we are using fine marijuana. (big difference) but those are just formalities....and MORE of my opinion....FWIW be well, all mp

#53 Larry902

Larry902

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Now this is interesting because rso is pretty scarce around here. Right now I'm on a waiting list to get it and this vaporization technique would help during the lean times. What is that thing called anyway? I'd like to get one.
  • teddys head and painretreat like this

#54 skintner

skintner

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in NE Washington mountains

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Sure hasn't been much traffic on this thread... I am using "highly refined" butane since it was the only way I have been shown. I was told that naphtha leaves a petroleum residue.
  • teddys head and painretreat like this

#55 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

Sure hasn't been much traffic on this thread... I am using "highly refined" butane since it was the only way I have been shown. I was told that naphtha leaves a petroleum residue.

Are you using a rice cooker or making BHO??? I am not familiar with the method you are choosing? thanks pr
  • teddys head likes this

#56 MoonBeam

MoonBeam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

Following this thread with much interst ... Still looking for the link to the video tho? Anyone could repost it? Thanks much. :please:
  • teddys head and Blue61 like this

#57 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

Hi MoonBeam :) the videos are there,they just don't show sometimes

if you hit the top right hand corner (shield thingy) of your page ,and hit load unsafe script the you tube videos over GP will show up

or if you go to and this :fly:

Health and happiness
  • Blue61 likes this

#58 MoonBeam

MoonBeam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

If you hit the top right hand corner (shield thingy) of your page ,and hit load unsafe script the you tube videos over GP will show up

Oh thanks for this info - gosh learn something new every day! ;)
Will watch the videos soon!
  • teddys head likes this

#59 JulesMoon

JulesMoon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:29 AM

possibly because I'm new here, or possibly because of the age of the post, I see no video or link to one. Can anyone post the link?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users