#26 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:25 AM

greetnz look for a vaporiser that is eze to get the sticky oil out 2g-3g of bud capacity an accurate digital temperature gauge is a must here is some crucial info for fractional distillation CANNABINOIDS, TURPENOIDS, AND FLAVOIDS PROPERTIES ?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic Antibiotic Anticancer cannabidiol (CBD) Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic Cannabinol (CBN) Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic cannabichromene (CBC) Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal cannabigerol (CBG) Boiling point: MP52 Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal ?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC) Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties ß-myrcene Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic ß-caryophyllene Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial d-limonene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic linalool Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator pulegone Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic 1,8-cineole (eucalyptol) Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive a-pinene Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor a-terpineol Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial terpineol-4-ol Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic p-cymene Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties apigenin Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic quercetin Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic cannflavin A Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor ß-sitosterol Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor forward ever free cannabis heal the people heal the land

Edited by Radic, 05 January 2011 - 04:26 AM.

• jangel, BOBSMOKEBLOW, Graywolf and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

Awesome info there Radic....I am going to copy this if it is okay by you, to a post of it's own. Why is it then that many say not to take the oil higher that 220F if this is the temps that work? Which compound is changed that this has become widely accepted and spread as gospel then? I am not disputing or contradicting your wisdom, just wish to understand. Thank you Radic for this Knowledge. Peace my brother. J
  • BOBSMOKEBLOW, Graywolf, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#28 Stona

Stona

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

It is just ridiculous that something so easily obtainable since the dawn of time could have saved so many lives and simple people like us had to discover it. Just imagine if any amount of the billions spent on cancer research had been dedicated to canibinol research. Now if someone could just manufacture a quality vap at a reasonable price. I have wanted one for years but there is just no way I can fork out that much cash for one. Thank you for sharing this!
  • jangel, BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#29 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

greetnz

Why is it then that many say not to take the oil higher that 220F if this is the temps that work?

too fast. slow hands rule for all females
the higher the temps the faster it all happens
seen
over 220f it all could happen in less than 10min
then it all starts to degrade very quickly

same as cooking.,., too hot too fast will burn or toast the leaf surface and thats where all the cannabinoids are

Which compound is changed that this has become widely accepted and spread as gospel then?

huuh????
i dont know what you mean
id really love it if you please clarify
im sorry its prob me

irey guidance

#30 Stona

Stona

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

Thank you radic for sharing your knowledge on this, I appreciate it very much.
  • BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and Janne like this

#31 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

your very welcome stona
the world should know
seen
for i,.,.this is a very exciting discovery
cause
now we can apply the process of fractional distillation to her vaporiser extraction technique
with a descent design and setup one should expect to successfully extract and separate all the cannabinoils
very quick, cheap, and eze for both self medication and large scale production
one could even use this technique to check the cannabinoil content of street sourced cannabis with in 5min at the point of sale
gotta love dat
i dout if even the scientists have seen this vapour distillation technique use pon cannabis
its a well kept secret if they have
i, like most people, have never even conceived that fractional distillation of cannabinoils is possable
the closest ting that i know off is a Kashmir hash oil extraction technique that is similar ,..,.,
they use hot swords to collect the hash oil straight off the live plant

irey guidance

#32 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:05 AM

Awesome info there Radic....I am going to copy this if it is okay by you, to a post of it's own.

Why is it then that many say not to take the oil higher that 220F if this is the temps that work?

Which compound is changed that this has become widely accepted and spread as gospel then?

I am not disputing or contradicting your wisdom, just wish to understand.

Thank you Radic for this Knowledge.

Peace my brother.

J

Thank you slick, sly brother Radic for posting the ostensible properties of the cannabinoids, turpenoids, and flavoids! I have the same listing, but have noticed that more recent research is adding more attributes!

I routinely take my oil to 240/250F, but watch the C02 bubbles closely to determine when to shut down the process. As we do get visual feedback when decarboxylating, from the C02 bubbles, it is easy to monitor and control!

The compound that is changed with decarboxylation, if you pay attention, is that the THCA and CBDA lose their (hydroxyl OH group and revert to their basic non acid molecule.

If you don't pay attention and extend the cooking too long, you convert the THC to CBN, which is a discobobulating sedative in concentrate.

I have had the best results ceasing the heat treatment as soon as the C02 bubbles fall off when cooking in an oil bath at 240/250F.

If you are going to vaporize or smoke the oil, decarboxylation is not necessary and does reduce the total THC content, because besides heat decarboxylating, it also makes CBN out of THC.

We mostly do oral meds, so we do decarboxylate, but it isnt necessary if you're are going to ingest using heat.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#33 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:39 AM

Thank you slick, sly brother Radic for posting the ostensible properties of the cannabinoids, turpenoids, and flavoids! I have the same listing, but have noticed that more recent research is adding more attributes!

I routinely take my oil to 240/250F, but watch the C02 bubbles closely to determine when to shut down the process. As we do get visual feedback when decarboxylating, from the C02 bubbles, it is easy to monitor and control!

The compound that is changed with decarboxylation, if you pay attention, is that the THCA and CBDA lose their (hydroxyl OH group and revert to their basic non acid molecule.

If you don't pay attention and extend the cooking too long, you convert the THC to CBN, which is a discobobulating sedative in concentrate.

I have had the best results ceasing the heat treatment as soon as the C02 bubbles fall off when cooking in an oil bath at 240/250F.

If you are going to vaporize or smoke the oil, decarboxylation is not necessary and does reduce the total THC content, because besides heat decarboxylating, it also makes CBN out of THC.

We mostly do oral meds, so we do decarboxylate, but it isnt necessary if you're are going to ingest using heat.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

In this vein, is this not totally desirable for many patients Graywolf? I know several people that do not like the THC high of the oil.

If this can be made to be MORE helpful and healing by taking the temp higher and therefore making CBN's out of the undesirable THC in the oil...is that not wanted?

And if you have that list with the compounds, can you please post it for us Sweetie?

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom with us.

Peace
  • BOBSMOKEBLOW, Graywolf, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#34 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

irey thanx and praize to you bro gray wolf
yes
you passed the list to i last year
same one

but have noticed that more recent research is adding more attributes!

same
that list is not extortive
theres heaps more to go on as we discover more
so far
it just keeps getting better
GW
using fractional distillation process on a vaporiser
we can extract, separate and collect all the different cannabinoils by their different the boiling points

have you ever tried this process???????

guidance
  • jangel, BOBSMOKEBLOW and Itinkso like this

#35 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

i hear you sista jangel

MORE helpful and healing by taking the temp higher and therefore making CBN's out of the undesirable THC in the oil...is that not wanted?

that would be soooo kewl
but unfortunately for some
it seams that thc and cbd have most of the medicinal qualities we all love so much
:)
thanx GW

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic Antibiotic Anticancer

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic
imho
it is the ballance of content of these three cannabinoils that holds the key to fine tuning treatments for each sufferance

irey guidance

#36 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

In this vein, is this not totally desirable for many patients Graywolf? I know several people that do not like the THC high of the oil.

If this can be made to be MORE helpful and healing by taking the temp higher and therefore making CBN's out of the undesirable THC in the oil...is that not wanted?

And if you have that list with the compounds, can you please post it for us Sweetie?

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom with us.

Peace

Sorry, I must have misinterpeted the question! The post that Radic shared is the one that I usually share and as he noted, where he got the original post, because we have previously shared.

Ummmmm, what did I miss?
  • jangel, BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#37 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

GW naworrie nuff raspect every time using fractional distillation process on a vaporiser we can extract, separate and collect all the different cannabinoils by their different the boiling points have you ever tried this process??????? guidance

Edited by Radic, 06 January 2011 - 12:07 PM.

• jangel, BOBSMOKEBLOW, Graywolf and 3 others like this

#38 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

GW naworrie
nuff raspect every time
using fractional distillation process on a vaporiser
we can extract, separate and collect all the different cannabinoils by their different the boiling points

have you ever tried this process???????
guidance

No I haven't brother Radic, but we have schemed to do something similar by building a easily cleaned heat exchanger and blowing hot air through the material, similar to the way a Volcano works, but it has taken back burner to the butane and alcohol reclaim projects.

What we discussed was making a labyrinth with sandwinched stainless plates, inserted from opposite sides of a duct and staggered, through which we pump ice water. The smoke stream has to wander back and forth through them, and condenses on their chilled surfaces. They would be vertical so as to be self draining into a pan and made to be easily removable for cleaning.

I finally have the butane extraction and recycle system built and will start testing this weekend, so I should have some time freed up soon to pursue vaporization and fractional distillation further.

#39 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:10 AM

thanx bro
i did realize that distillation was even possible with cannabis
shona's film shows me it is, and it works
imho
fractional distillation rulez
no dangerous chemicals,
pure botanical extract
very quick to perform.,., from 1 bud to 1 pill in 1hr
can even be automated
very cheep to run

every one can dowit
self medication or bulk production

i really want to go that way

we have schemed to do something similar by building a easily cleaned heat exchanger and blowing hot air through the material, similar to the way a Volcano works

thats soundz wicked
solar passive/active designs could supply free energy
a pockett size version for the field tests and street deal tests is a must
lol
these devices will out sell the bible

forward ever
free cannabis
heal the people
heal the land
  • jangel, BOBSMOKEBLOW, Graywolf and 2 others like this

#40 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:52 AM

thanx bro
i did realize that distillation was even possible with cannabis
shona's film shows me it is, and it works
imho
fractional distillation rulez
no dangerous chemicals,
pure botanical extract
very quick to perform.,., from 1 bud to 1 pill in 1hr
can even be automated
very cheep to run

every one can dowit
self medication or bulk production

i really want to go that way

thats soundz wicked
solar passive/active designs could supply free energy
a pockett size version for the field tests and street deal tests is a must
lol
these devices will out sell the bible

forward ever
free cannabis
heal the people
heal the land

We currently reclaim Volcano oil, or oil from vaporization pipes that chills and falls out of the air stream. Because of our Volcano temperature setting, it is a blend of cannabinoids, rather than the discrete cutoff we could obtain through fractional distillation. It is however, a clear pristine oil that has so far made an excellent evening sleep med.

Clearly, if we lowered the vaporization temperature, we could preferentially pick up the lower melting point molecules like THC, and then subsequently strip it a higher temperature to extract the CBD and CBN which have very close to the same boiling points.

Not sure we can separate those two, but we most certainly can easily produce a speedy or a sleepy med at will.
  • BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and Janne like this

#41 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

woow that is awesome yes i gotta love dat there is 1 ting that puzzles i dema say only 2% of the THC in a spliff or cone actually gets to your blood stream the other 98% is destroyed by the heat form smoking it how much THC do we lose thru the vaporization process????????? irey guidance

#42 JonnyMemonic84

JonnyMemonic84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

Hello to all ... Fortunately I found this site, but above all I discovered that you can do by Shona cannabis oil through vaporizer!
the care of Rick Simpson provides 60 grams of oil in 90days, then was controlled by the cases of cancer, I would like to know how many grams of grass used to produce 60 grams of oil if i use te vaporizer?
I would have the good fortune to produce the oil for me to try to treat my ex-girlfriend from a brain tumor, but first I need to know how much grass do i need , because I will not find me no more oil in mid-therapy!
Anyone who has tried this method of extraction with the vaporizer? is really more effective than the 'extraction with alcohol?

Thank you all,
Regards Jonny ...

Edited by JonnyMemonic84, 16 March 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#43 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

This is very new and not much info other than from Shona on it. If you wish to ask her, please do as she is a member here. I know Rick suggests 1 lb of herb bud for min. of 60Gams of oil....I do believe some have yielded more than that. I would stick with the tried and true methods of making oil, versus something not much is known about. Good karma in your hunt for knowledge. Peace
  • BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and Blue61 like this

#44 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

greetnz

method of extraction with the vaporizer? is really more effective than the 'extraction with alcohol?

100% yes
vapour distillation rulez in every aspect

I would like to know how many grams of grass used to produce 60 grams of oil if i use te vaporizer?

1lb of budz or 3 lb of leaf = 60g hash oil

the best ting bout a small vapourizer is you dont need to extract all the hash oil in one go for the whole 60 day treatment
only buy what you can afford
store the meds as buds
we can now make each pill as we need it
fresh is best
10g of bud should yield 1g of cannabinoil extract hash oil
2.5g of bud in the vaporiser 4 times a day
or
3.3g of buds in the vaporiser 3 times a day = 1g a day<<<<--- the recommendation of rick simpson for cancer cure

now the suffer can buy as little 10g a day, for the 30 day treatment, instead of all at once eg 1lb of buds or 2 oz of hash oil

irey guidance

Edited by Radic, 17 March 2011 - 12:18 AM.

#45 JonnyMemonic84

JonnyMemonic84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

Thanks Jangeli and Radic ... doing the accounts for a complete cureof 90 days are about 600 grams of gems to get the 60 grams of oil... a good amount for those in Italy is considered a drug dealer withonly 50 grams or less!
Risking to grow or risk to buy the oil at Amsterdam and bring it inItaly?
a good question ....

#46 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

doing the accounts for a complete cureof 90 days are about 600 grams of gems to get the 60 grams of oil

seen.,.,
no need to deal with 2oz of hash oil at 1 time
there are wayz round this
na panic
50 grams of gems will yield 5grams of hash oil
thats 5 days worth
why not just buy 5 days worth at a time or what ever is considered personal amount
irey guidanc

#47 pupuguru

pupuguru

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOur Planet Earth...working to cure the world

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:48 AM

Thanks Jangeli and Radic ... doing the accounts for a complete cureof 90 days are about 600 grams of gems to get the 60 grams of oil... a good amount for those in Italy is considered a drug dealer withonly 50 grams or less!
Risking to grow or risk to buy the oil at Amsterdam and bring it inItaly?
a good question ....

Go to Amsterdam!!! Quality is good...risk is low....ask around....get references first....
  • jangel and Itinkso like this

#48 finnyous

finnyous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hi all, first time poster. I was reading this sticky today and got really excited until I saw that it hadn't been updated in a bit, and I had a bit of an idea. What about setting up a double boiler with a pyrex bowl on the top. After getting to the correct vaporizer temperature with a candy thermometer you could coat the bottom of the bowl with ground up herbs (maybe shake it up as it goes to hit more surface area) and put a glass cover on it. I don't know how long to leave it on for, but after the vaporization is complete you could put it in the freezer for a couple of minutes and then scrape it all into another container.

#49 Vaportrail36

Vaportrail36

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

Could someone please clarify. Is "honey oil" a loose term hemp oil? There seems to be a lot of "oil" based extracts. Thanks, Vaportrail
  • jangel, Itinkso and DEBhasgrn like this

#50 HD96

HD96

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

way cool vid.. thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic