• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 JustinK

JustinK

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

I would like to revive the interest in hemp oil here through this incredibly miraculous story. A woman named Shona Banda cured her terminal Crohn's disease by using cannabis extract medicine, but that's only the beginning of it. She wrote a book called Live Free or Die about her experience, and is also expanding to other forms of media. Below is a video that not only tells her story, but also shows how she used a $50 vaporizer to make the oil that cured her disease. With this technique, literally anybody can prepare oil and heal themselves. It is revolutionary!

• jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, wereallstoned and 15 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 jnandai

jnandai

Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

This is so fantastic! I just started the oil this week, and it's going great. I am using it twice daily. Thanks for this link!!!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626 and 9 others like this

#3 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

very cool thanks :party time:
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626 and 8 others like this

#4 mhvfs

mhvfs

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:09 PM

i wish she show how to do it, the tool she has and all that, then it will be so much clearer to follow.

#5 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:31 AM

justin!!!....many many thanks for this vid....i wrote a post about shona a while ago here for smoke to live,one of our admins here who suffers terribly with this disease....this video will be of immense help to her....thanks again!!!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626 and 7 others like this

#6 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18480 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:58 AM

thanks for that ,,,,so cool
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626 and 8 others like this

#7 JustinK

JustinK

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:42 AM

Glad the reception to this video has been so positive! Shona is truly a hero in this movement for discovering this new technique and curing her disease against all odds. We have a very strong power now, very strong!

#8 Lydia

Lydia

ॐ ॐ ॐ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1784 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

`thanks for the vid thats fantastic!!!
  • I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626, Bueller and 8 others like this

#9 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

i wish she show how to do it, the tool she has and all that, then it will be so much clearer to follow.

What she has done, sweetie, is use a vaporizer and leave the smoke in the bubble at the top for 20 min or so, so it sticks to the glass, which she then scrapes off and puts in capsules.

Maybe Justin or whoever can explain this more clearly. The above member is trying to heal his wife with a brain tumour.

Any clarity for the un initiated into using a vaporizer would be of immense help.

Thank you so much for posting this.

Peace
  • I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626, Bueller and 7 others like this

#10 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:09 AM

Thanks for that moving video... You can do this... Peace
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626 and 4 others like this

#11 SmokeToLive

SmokeToLive

Baked User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

rotflmaogif
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626 and 5 others like this

#12 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts
  • Location760 Cali High Desert

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

What she has done, sweetie, is use a vaporizer and leave the smoke in the bubble at the top for 20 min or so, so it sticks to the glass, which she then scrapes off and puts in capsules.

Maybe Justin or whoever can explain this more clearly. The above member is trying to heal his wife with a brain tumour.

Any clarity for the un initiated into using a vaporizer would be of immense help.

Thank you so much for posting this.

Peace

yes. she briefly commented on the adaptations she made to the machine, but a clearer explanation would be helpful. then i will run out and get me one as soon as i can!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626 and 5 others like this

#13 jnandai

jnandai

Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

yes. she briefly commented on the adaptations she made to the machine, but a clearer explanation would be helpful. then i will run out and get me one as soon as i can!

I am looking forward to hearing more about this method of making the oil. It avoids the cost of the solvent or alcohol, which is huge. I have one of those types of vaporizers sitting around, not being used..............
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, SandiaMts and 5 others like this

#14 Vapor

Vapor

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

If you have one of these try it! It's easy and your helping the community. rotflmaogif

The type of vaporizer shown is very basic. What understand is she removed the whip/hose & taped the hole closed. Place medicine in preheated vaporizer metal bowl and immediately screw on glass jar. Let vapor sit as she said in the video. - She's doesn't say if she turned off the machine after the vapor accumulated but left on your meds might start to burn!

WARNING!

Attached File  BCBLUEV001.jpg   16.63KB   4 downloads

These type's of vaporizer aren't the best folks, some work ok, some will burn your medicine. Start with a small amount and test before trying to fill the bowl to much.

If you use a Box style vaporizer similar to the Vapor Daddy or SSV with a whip this oil also collects inside the whip but not nearly as fast.(I will try to get a picture of it tonight)

#15 SmokeToLive

SmokeToLive

Baked User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

We need a DIY oil maker based on the vaporizer... Anyone good at making stuff?

#16 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts
  • Location760 Cali High Desert

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

We need a DIY oil maker based on the vaporizer... Anyone good at making stuff?

great idea! may i quote you?

I am looking forward to hearing more about this method of making the oil. It avoids the cost of the solvent or alcohol, which is huge. I have one of those types of vaporizers sitting around, not being used..............

that is the beauty of the Universe. congratulations!
  • I8ntLucky_UR, SandiaMts, BOBSMOKEBLOW and 3 others like this

#17 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

Back from the dead...literally!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

AWESOME VID!!!! Thanks for sharing this with us all.....nice work! rotflmaogif
  • I8ntLucky_UR, BOBSMOKEBLOW, Desert Woman and 3 others like this

#18 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21599 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

I've been looking at making a DIY vaporizer using resistance wire for a heating element. http://www.skycrafts...ewire21awg.aspx Using a thin, flat piece of aluminum as a holder and a small glass cup or jar you should be able to heat it up enough to release the volatiles without causing burning. Have to think a bit and see what I can come up with.
  • I8ntLucky_UR, BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#19 Guest_bslick_*

Guest_bslick_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:52 PM

What a brave and cool person.Her medical problems make mine seem trivial.I am lucky as I have had the kind of life experiences where I learned to make oil out of 99percent isoproponal with a come back method where you lose only a smal amount of the achohol each time you make a batch.I have hep c cronic back pain cronic arthritius as well as the ailments that go along with these things such as pain depression anxiety lonleliness loss of appitite.I found this cure perhaps 20 years ago.The oil in a gel cap number5 usually is more than a sufficent dose to help on many fronts.Props to that lady for the courage to do what she had to do.Fight the powers to be that restrict you from this cure.In canada support the green party for prime minister.

#20 hogger911

hogger911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

How come I don`t see any video to clcik on here??? Werid??? Thanks for your answers..>!
  • I8ntLucky_UR, BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#21 Vapor

Vapor

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

• I8ntLucky_UR, BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#22 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

Gr8t video it looks like she was getting alot of oil out of that globe. Looks like something to try for sure. The whole extraction of oil using chemicals does not sit well with me so this looks like a happy compromise. And by the sounds of it this method seems to produce enough oil from the unit on a small scale for a singel user. Cool.
  • BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#23 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:02 AM

greetnz
this is called vapour distillation
i did not know this was possible with cannabinoils
thanx and praize shona for shining your light
the world should know
:devil:
cannabinoil vapour distillation will revolutionize the the whole medicinal community
cause
now.,., very eze, and cheeply, and very quickly, we can extract, and separate all the cannabinoils at the same time
same way we make and seperate the alcohols eg. ethanol, methanol, propanol
gotta love dat
that means we can test in the field, at harvest, cure and point of sale, or medication
also
fresh is best
store the meds as buds
we can now make each pill as we need it
10g of bud should yield 1g of cannabinoil extract
3.3g of buds in the vapouriser 3 times a day = 1g a day recommendation of rick simpson for cancer cure

now the suffer can buy 10g a day, for the 30 day treatment, instead of all at once eg 1lb of buds or 1 oz of hash oil

free cannabis
heal the people
heal the land

irey guidance
  • BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and Janne like this

#24 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Can anyone suggest what vape would work best for trying to make your own oil? The simpler the better for me. It is like a light at the end of a tunnel and I can't stop focusing on this, it may be the only thing to help my crohns. I have to do this, have to figure out a way to make this happen regardless of cost. This is the "hope" I now hold on to. Will also get the book she mentioned "Live free or die"., maybe it gets more in-depth on how to do it?
  • BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and Janne like this

#25 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

Shona has joined this site People, so please, you can PM her to get her opinion on this subject. I will find the post and come back....she also has a book out now...

Member page for Shona Banda

I think Poetwannabe has said she got her book. You can also email her (Shona) from her page.

Here is her introduction

The New Face Of Medical Marijuana! Taking The Country By Storm! Shona Banda / Political Refugee, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend

Peace
  • BOBSMOKEBLOW, Itinkso and teddys head like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users