Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

New Site Questions? Issues? Post in here Please!

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#26 smileyO

smileyO

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

I'll do a fast tutorial on how to do the pic upload C.. give me a a few minutes...

I'll do a proper one with big pics and stuff later this days...

C try downloading a browser called firefox... it might solve your issues

I used to use firfox but I up graded computers and was told I can't use it with windows vista. Is this not true? Do you know?
  • wereallstoned and GeeGee like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 strider

strider

Calif. Caregiver

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationLeft Coast

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for all the hard work it is always a challenge to learn a new platform. I am on a newer mac book and can't seem to get into the chat box. Other than that, keep it green.
  • wereallstoned, GeeGee and smileyO like this

#28 GeeGee

GeeGee

Sheep connoisseur extraordinaire

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

Ok I just made a super long reply and the site booted me off

Cman, I don't know if you can run firefox on vista... I use a mac so I'm lost there

Kaz, to get the new version, go to google and type in the name of your preferred browser (say, for example, firefox) and also type download. it should take you to a page where you can make the download

I think the problem you are having is with Java. To get the latest version go here http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp and install the latest version. It can't hurt to try that.

Cman, I did the tute, it's here https://www.greenpas...ks/#entry300046

Also, C, I can see u in the chat room...
  • wereallstoned and smileyO like this

#29 strider

strider

Calif. Caregiver

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationLeft Coast

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

K, so I read the directions made three posts and bada bing, I was in. Thx. site is looking great.

#30 smileyO

smileyO

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

Okay geegee I done it all also but now now my only problem is when I go look at my post with the pictures the pictures are totally HUGH when you click on them. Do you by chance know how I fix this? But I am now 1 step closer so thank you thank you thank you.
  • wereallstoned and GeeGee like this

#31 GeeGee

GeeGee

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

Yeap I saw them, super big! niceharvest C! >The problem is that you need to resize your pics... Your pics come off to large from your camera, so you need to make them smaller before getting them into GP... Let me fetch you some info: https://www.greenpas...size-your-pics/ I wish I could help more, but I'm running a mac and the software I use for resizing is super easy to use and already comes installed... not sure if it can be done directly on a pc<

#32 smileyO

smileyO

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:38 PM

Yeap I saw them, super big! niceharvest C!

>The problem is that you need to resize your pics... Your pics come off to large from your camera, so you need to make them smaller before getting them into GP...

Let me fetch you some info:

https://www.greenpas...size-your-pics/

I wish I could help more, but I'm running a mac and the software I use for resizing is super easy to use and already comes installed... not sure if it can be done directly on a pc<

Hey geegee do you know what size I should try to make them so they work?
  • wereallstoned likes this

#33 GeeGee

GeeGee

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

Hey geegee do you know what size I should try to make them so they work?

try with 1280 X 1024 Cw... if they are still a bit large then you can try 800X600

hope that helps!

#34 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

Thanks GG for stepping up to the plate. I have had issues just staying on today. I think smoke fixed it for me. Thank you my friend! I must of signed in a 100 times today! I think some members are having sign-in issues. Just be patiant. If you can read this, email me at jangel@greenpassion.org and I will get them looked at, jut be patiant. Or contact another staff member.

#35 Tim Foolery

Tim Foolery

Eager to Learn Newbie

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

So I am having a few issues myself. I can't see any of the latest replies to any threads, all of my subscriptions are gone and all of the ones I've tried to go back and add again don't show up under the subscriptions (the page is completely blank). Why is the new site being so buggy. I run goggle chrome off of windows by the way.

#36 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:58 AM

ok...I've had assorted types of access for the last few days... I keep getting denied permission to do stuff...even logoff! Then I close the browser reopen it and try to log on again. my pics from the last board are not loading...do I resubmit them or is the change over still in progress? Can you move the 'Active Content' button to the top of the page please. New board has crisp clean look to it.. muA

Edited by medi-useA, 22 July 2010 - 01:03 AM.

#37 KillerBud

KillerBud

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

So I noticed we're running on an HTTPS server now, very nice! How much more safer is it than the regular HTTP servers? Does this mean our isp's won't be able to see we've visited this site?

#38 McBong

McBong

Cat burglar

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:37 AM

Good work peeps at GP new site is looking superb, only had a few glitches sign in probs, pics wont attach to posts, posts with my name on and not my post and replies to posts vanishing in to the world wide webs. Also is there any way to edit posts once made??? McBong

#39 PlantBoxer

PlantBoxer

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

Hey is it just me, or is everyone getting a Security Warning @ every page click? That gets real real old. Love the new look though!!

#40 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts
  • Location760 Cali High Desert

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:43 AM

anybody know if this program allows for private groups?

#41 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

anybody know if this program allows for private groups?

DW I believe the software does allow private groups. As soon as the admins can find some items they will roll them out for all of us to use. Give it a few more days and things will be more familiar.
  • SmokeToLive, wereallstoned, GeeGee and 1 other like this

#42 Guest_J.W._*

Guest_J.W._*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

Hey all, this is my first post with the new GP! I've had all sorts of issues, including just getting logged in! I had to go through the "forgot password" routine just to finally get logged in. The issue I'm having now is with attaching pics. I read through GeeGee's thread on attaching pics, downloaded the new Java, and even tried checking and unchecking the boxes he said to check, and I'm still getting an "upload failed" when I try to attach. . . . I'm running Google Chrome by the way.

#43 DonJones

DonJones

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:20 AM

How do I get to my personal messages and subscriptions on this new board? I can't figure it out. When I go to Subscriptions I don't get any information. Did we loose our old subscriptions during the change? Thank you.
  • wereallstoned, Bueller and smileyO like this

#44 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

DW I believe the software does allow private groups. As soon as the admins can find some items they will roll them out for all of us to use. Give it a few more days and things will be more familiar.

take your time friend. i am here. i know the girls want their rooms back. ill just wait on the sidelines until things are ready.
  • wereallstoned, Bueller and smileyO like this

#45 DonJones

DonJones

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:50 PM

take your time friend. i am here. i know the girls want their rooms back. ill just wait on the sidelines until things are ready.

Are you women willing to let sexist men have their own groups too? If not, isn't that sexual discrimination?

I found on another forum that most of the men who were prone to the knee jerk sexist posts just stayed away from the "women" group and the rest of them got "flamed" quickly by those of us men who value the differences between men and women. Many a time, even in the open forums, sexist posters were dogged enough that they would finally quit posting that way.

Also there are many men out there who value the the different approach to things that women have versus us men. By going off in a private corner you deprive us of feminine points of view as well as depriving yourselves of the masculine point of view. I have several very close friends who are lesbians or victims of men's abuse who find that the input of caring men is very often helpful.

These are just things for you women, and the staff, to consider before locking down membership in a group on the basis of sex, age (other than the very valid requirement of being at least 18), marital status or religion. Most men will not bother to read "girly crap" (their choice of words not mine - I find just as much "manly crap, if not more) very long anyway. Also, the staff here at GP is very good at weeding out inappropriate posters (personal experience, although sometime the line between inappropriate and appropriate is kind of hazy) and if anything seem to err on the side of being overly protective if there is a questionable post.

I think, having a forum for women that is clearly labeled that way but open ot all members will be more in the the interests of all of the members, including the women, than a "private group".

I know I miss the input of the women from on the MP forum and miss the threads that were "women's" threads very much. I learned nearly as much on those threads as I did on the MJ threads and learned at least as much, if not more, from the ladies that posted growing information, including DIY, than from the men posters. Please don't wall all men out, we all suffer when we start isolating "private groups" from each other! That is the revival of the sexual and other minority groups stereotyping and discrimination that all of us fight daily.
  • wereallstoned, Bueller, GeeGee and 2 others like this

#46 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

i couldn't agree more. as a matter of fact, i set up a private group for the very first gentleman that showed an interest. although he never used it, i was hoping that the idea would catch on and he would be able to find what he needed in a private group or elsewhere. if there is anything i can do to support you needs, please let me know and I will try to do so. i am not staff here, only the girl that started a few counseling groups for some women in need. i don't know how much i would be able to help, but i would be happy to do what i can.

if we don't take care of our men, who will take care of us.
i do love and respect and cherish both genders equally.

peace and love my friend
pm me if i can be of any assistance
have a great evening!

Are you women willing to let sexist men have their own groups too? If not, isn't that sexual discrimination?

I found on another forum that most of the men who were prone to the knee jerk sexist posts just stayed away from the "women" group and the rest of them got "flamed" quickly by those of us men who value the differences between men and women. Many a time, even in the open forums, sexist posters were dogged enough that they would finally quit posting that way.

Also there are many men out there who value the the different approach to things that women have versus us men. By going off in a private corner you deprive us of feminine points of view as well as depriving yourselves of the masculine point of view. I have several very close friends who are lesbians or victims of men's abuse who find that the input of caring men is very often helpful.

These are just things for you women, and the staff, to consider before locking down membership in a group on the basis of sex, age (other than the very valid requirement of being at least 18), marital status or religion. Most men will not bother to read "girly crap" (their choice of words not mine - I find just as much "manly crap, if not more) very long anyway. Also, the staff here at GP is very good at weeding out inappropriate posters (personal experience, although sometime the line between inappropriate and appropriate is kind of hazy) and if anything seem to err on the side of being overly protective if there is a questionable post.

I think, having a forum for women that is clearly labeled that way but open ot all members will be more in the the interests of all of the members, including the women, than a "private group".

I know I miss the input of the women from on the MP forum and miss the threads that were "women's" threads very much. I learned nearly as much on those threads as I did on the MJ threads and learned at least as much, if not more, from the ladies that posted growing information, including DIY, than from the men posters. Please don't wall all men out, we all suffer when we start isolating "private groups" from each other! That is the revival of the sexual and other minority groups stereotyping and discrimination that all of us fight daily.

Edited by Desert Woman, 22 July 2010 - 05:59 PM.

• wereallstoned, Bueller and GeeGee like this

#47 DonJones

DonJones

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

i couldn't agree more. as a matter of fact, i set up a private group for the very first gentleman that showed an interest. although he never used it, i was hoping that the idea would catch on and he would be able to find what he needed in a private group or elsewhere. if there is anything i can do to support you needs, please let me know and I will try to do so. i am not staff here, only the girl that started a few counseling groups for some women in need. i don't know how much i would be able to help, but i would be happy to do what i can.

if we don't take care of our men, who will take care of us.
i do love and respect and cherish both genders equally.

peace and love my friend
pm me if i can be of any assistance
have a great evening!

Thank you very much! I was thinking more of the women that are hesitant to post MJ questions on the main forums because of fear of ridicule than counseling issues. I tend to reserve those kinds of personal sensitive issues to PMs because you can't always count on the privacy of "private rooms" or groups. I have always been told by my hacker acquaintances and security grues that you do NOT post anything in an online forum or room that you do NOT want the entire world to know about.

People who know me can verify that I post a lot of things under my real name that I don't care about the whole world knowing about that others don't think I should post and on the other hand I really question some of the things that others regularly post, believing that their identity is safe.

I'm a firm believer that any security system that a person can create, some other person can hack it. Most of the hackers that I have known do it primarily out of curiosity rather than malice and they alert to "private rooms or groups" like a blood hound on the trail of a suspect.

Thank you again for your offer. I may be taking you up on it depending upon how my counseling with the VA psychologists goes.
  • wereallstoned, Bueller and Itinkso like this

#48 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:08 PM

Thank you very much! I was thinking more of the women that are hesitant to post MJ questions on the main forums because of fear of ridicule than counseling issues. I tend to reserve those kinds of personal sensitive issues to PMs because you can't always count on the privacy of "private rooms" or groups. I have always been told by my hacker acquaintances and security grues that you do NOT post anything in an online forum or room that you do NOT want the entire world to know about.

People who know me can verify that I post a lot of things under my real name that I don't care about the whole world knowing about that others don't think I should post and on the other hand I really question some of the things that others regularly post, believing that their identity is safe.

I'm a firm believer that any security system that a person can create, some other person can hack it. Most of the hackers that I have known do it primarily out of curiosity rather than malice and they alert to "private rooms or groups" like a blood hound on the trail of a suspect.

Thank you again for your offer. I may be taking you up on it depending upon how my counseling with the VA psychologists goes.

i set them up with precautions set in place. the level of privacy was clear and well understood. it helped several women who needed a place they could meet together in privacy and support each other intimately. although i understand your warnings. it was well worth the risk and i will do it again if given the chance.

as far as women who hesitate to speak out on other growing forums. i have seen many a girl very sorry for doing so at other forums as a result of sexual harassment and cyber bullying. it is a very real and disturbing trend in some of the forums.

i wish you well with your therapist. it can work wonders of you are in the right place.

Edited by Desert Woman, 22 July 2010 - 07:09 PM.

• wereallstoned, Bueller and Itinkso like this

#49 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

People will form 'private groups' whether they have a formal way to do that or not, I think. The software just makes it easier. Personally, I like the fact that people can make their own groups like that. It's hard to be 'cozy' with 5000 people - no matter how nice they are. But, let's try to keep this topic about the support issues, please. We can discuss the relative merits of private groups elsewhere. Thank You.

#50 Vapor

Vapor

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

Is the quick reply still around? And can a massive email be sent to let the users know we are back up and functional? Or was that done:) Thank you
  • wereallstoned, Bueller, GeeGee and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users