12 replies to this topic

#1 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

I'm changing the intro on my list and this is what I have. Since I am always worried about the quality of my writing, I would appreciate your honest opinions of this piece. :drool:

Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List- July 2010

This is my third year of sharing "Granny's list" with all of you. Last year, I told you "How this list came about." This year, it's "Why you should be sharing my list!"

From 60 pages, a symbolic celebration of my then 60 years on Earth, my list has grown to an equally symbolic 420 pages of links, in hopeful anticipation of it's re-legalization in California this fall and the dawning of medical freedom in other states.

Hundreds of studies about cannabis and how it heals- and all were done in an environment of "strong discouragement" on the part of the US government. How large my collection would be if research into this healing herb had been unrestricted? What would we know if we could have researched during those 70- odd years of prohibition?

As a medicine, cannabis is potentially invaluable- this collection is ample proof of that! From stopping hiccups, to halting breast cancer's terrible spread, cannabis works! But there are still too many "may"s and "might"s when it comes to cannabis. We need more solid research, which will not, and cannot, happen until cannabis is legalized and rescheduled.

When I began using cannabis medically over 40 years ago, there was no such thing as "medical use"; not even the concept existed! Education has made the difference. Somewhere along the line, every one of the people who have voted to legalize medical use in their state, learned that cannabis was an effective medicine, perhaps from a relative's use, or from a program they saw, or a study they read. They learned the truth.

In a Canadian survey of doctors, a majority admitted that most of what they knew about cannabis came from their patients! They had learned only the "government line" in medical school. That was in Canada, where medical use is federally legal! So how much does your doctor really know about cannabis? My list gives you a way to educate him.

And you shouldn't stop with your doctor. Local city councilmen and commissioners have the power to ban dispensaries through local ordinances. It is easier to educate them before it's an issue. They need the medical facts about cannabis to make logical decisions!

We all know someone who has diabetes, fibro, cancer or MS. They shouldn't have to suffer, physically, financially, or legally, for using an herbal medicine. One they could easily grow if sane cannabis laws were in place. Home-grown is cheaper than any pill!

Cannabis, with its remarkable safety record, should be the first medicine tried, not be the medicine of last resort! It is only by educating others, that we can bring cannabis back into mainstream medicine where it belongs. Please share the facts about cannabis with those around you, and back them up with medical studies from my list.

The simple truth is "Cannabis heals". And as my wise old grandfather once said,
"If the truth won't do, then something is wrong!"

OK, have at it! Grammar errors, spelling errors, awkward sentences- don't pull your punches! I want the feedback! The upcoming "Summer 2010 list" should be as close to perfect as possible! We've got lots of minds, and elections, to win this year! amim.smiley.gif

Granny

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Excellence!

#3 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

All good from my POV:) Does your list contain a list of countries of the world and their cannabis stance? A list like th@, going back 150 years might shine a lot of light on things. A timeline, as it were, easily viewed and understood? muA

#4 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

Closest thing I have is History section divided into 3 parts. Ancient History, History to 1937, and History after 1937. I should be posting up the Summer 2010 list pretty soon! You can see what I have then. There's a fair amount of stuff- The pot using Shaman from China, ancient use by the Greeks and Romans, a bit of prohibitionist propaganda, some 1800s medical articles and more. But it is in no way a timeline! You know, I once saw a need for a MMJ reference for folks to use and my list was the result. You have seen a need........... Granny

#5 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:39 AM

Yeah...I know Storm Crow...I'll hafta get out my 'Red Brick of Knowledge' and nut something out...I'll drop you a line when I have something, huh? :) Thanks for your work on the list...I appreciate it. muA

#6 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:24 AM

YOU are one of the MOST amazing women i have ever had the pleasure to know granny!!! simply amazing!!!.....thankyou!

#7 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

grand job you's is doing on Gphighfivegif ,to be honest i've been on sites that are more orrientated to growing but this is the spot re-medical cannabis :) when i first approached me doc that i was using m,j (which i have to say he's was sound about ,even in this country lol) grannys evidence was part of me folder that i gave him so granny thanks for all ur info it means alot to me:salute:glowstar.gif :) now i have to convience others which include politicans ,docs , holy peeps , society ,etc, etc gez i'm gonna be busy :) in my humble opinion ur intro is 100% :) thanks ,teddy h

#8 VTHeads

VTHeads

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

Hiya Granny, Im very new here so I am not familiar with Granny's list. Something that I notice about this intro is that I still do not really know what Granny's list is.

It is a collection of studies on MMJ as a medicine is it not?

I think you should nail that point home... in your sentence that starts:

Hundreds of studies about cannabis and how it heals-

Should be more like: "Grannies list contains hundreds of studies about cannabis and how it heals"

Other then that the only other critique I have is I would of liked to see hyperlinks when you mention your previous two introductions.

Keep up the good work, I love what your are doing here, GP is a great place!

#9 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

VTHeads, Welcome to GP! If you haven't seen my list yet- click the "Sneak Preview" link in my sig. What you will find is my "Equinox list" 250 pages of links to MMJ studies and articles. Take a peek, I think you'll like it!

The new list will be available to everyone in a couple of weeks. It's going to be a mere 420 pages of links for all of you to share with your friends, family, doctors, and politicians! We have some elections to win this fall and lots of minds need educating!

Granny

#10 VTHeads

VTHeads

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the welcome and wow what an awesome resource Granny's List is! As if there wasnt enough already to look at with growing and now your blowin my mind with all this! Keep fighting the good fight and educating the masses, this stuff needs to be known.

#11 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

Hence my 'Red Brick of Knowledge'....I gotta use SOMETHING to knock tha knowledge into my head!

MUhahaha!

muA

#12 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

I'm changing the intro on my list and this is what I have. Since I am always worried about the quality of my writing, I would appreciate your honest opinions of this piece. :)

OK, have at it! Grammar errors, spelling errors, awkward sentences- don't pull your punches! I want the feedback! The upcoming "Summer 2010 list" should be as close to perfect as possible! We've got lots of minds, and elections, to win this year! highfivegifGranny

Ya done good Granny! Professionally and eloquently presented to the masses.

You go girl!

#13 playk328

playk328

Seasoned Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:59 AM

Awsome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users