#1 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

http://www.bushka.cz...EN/history.html

Treatment with cannabis in ancient, folk and official medicine up to the beginning of the twentieth century

By J. Kabelik
The knowledge of narcotics and stimulants extends far back to ancient and medieval times but since then, as far as is known, no new discoveries have been made. In Europe, of course, some of them appear not to have been known until later, as was the case with the narcotics of the Old World - for example, with hashish. Europeans learned of it for the first time through the Crusaders, but its deliberate use as well as abuse - according to Perrot - came from Napoleon's soldiers, who introduced it after their return from the Egyptian campaign.
Cannabis is, however, a very old cultivated plant apparently indigenous to central Asia. Cannabis was found by our archaeologists to have existed in central Europe in the Bylony Culture (7,000 years ago). The Chinese knew of it perhaps 4,000 years ago, certainly in the 9th century B.C., primarily as a medicinal herb and a century later as a textile plant. According to Herodot, the Scythians knew it as a plant which can be spun and as an oil-producing plant and, apparently, even as a narcotic which they made use of in their steam baths - the sauna. Perhaps the earliest accounts of the medicinal utilization of cannabis may be found in Indian medical literature. Ancient Indian surgery, according to Susrat (Samhita), used hyoscyamus and cannabis as anaesthetics. From the Egyptian medical papyruses, information has been gained about a plant from which cordage could be made, and it was probably cannabis which was referred to. But no records could be found on its narcotic action. The preparations made from it (in all probability from the cannabis shoots) were applied externally-namely, exclusively as antiseptics - and then perhaps even as analgetics, in the same way as in Hellenic medicine. Cannabis extracts have been employed for irrigation in diseases of the anus, and in form of compresses the drug has been applied to sore toenails. In Rhamses' papyrus, washing sore eyes with extracts from cannabis and also from some other plant is recommended. The papyrus of Berlin recommends fumigation with cannabis in some undefined disease. Cannabis has been prescribed in feverish diseases of the bladder and, even at present, in homoeopathic medicine it ranks first when cystitis is treated. Furthermore, extracts combined with honey were injected into the body of the uterus to achieve constriction of the uterus and, externally, an ointment combined with fat was applied antiseptically in the same way as was done in medieval medicine up to the present time. Cannabis shoots were well known to Galen and to Dioscorid. Homer's nepenthes - potion of oblivion - has been identified by some authors as a cannabis drug, but generally it is believed to be a preparation made from Hyoscyamus muticus - a plant familiar to the Egyptians. Both these authors make greater use of the seeds and of the oil extracted from them than of the cannabis shoots. It is the same in old popular and even in modem medicine. The seed pulp was a favourite dish, and from the seeds an edible, industrial and medicinal oil was obtained. In Czechoslovakia, a preparation from seed pulp was recently introduced by Sirek to act as a roborant diet in treatment of tuberculosis.
Comprises an extensive survey of reports by authors from the USSR. The botanical-historical and technical aspects of cannabis are not dealt with in this report.
But hemp seed does not form the subject matter of this paper; it is only treatment with cannabis shoots which is discussed, and only with regard to the healing of wounds, and not to the hashish effect.
The uses mentioned in the Egyptian papyruses point fundamentally to antiseptic use. Analogous uses were known, in varying degrees, to African natives and were recorded in medical herbals. There is no information on the narcotic action. It is of interest that in Egypt they are supposed to have learned of the hashish effect only during the Middle Ages, from the Arabs. This could be explained by the fact that the Arabs were the first to import the variety producing the physiologically active resin, for at present Cannabis indica Lam. is not considered to he a species but a variety of Cannabis sativa L. and not even a particular variety, Cannabis is a very variable and plastic plant of variable height and variously membered and formed leaves; there exists a monoecious variety, too. Any cannabis plant can produce hashish under favourable climatic conditions. Vice versa, according to Pulewka the Indian variety does not always produce the narcotic substance, not even in warm countries. Plants cultivated in 369 places in Anatolia did not produce hashish substances throughout; the occurrence was conditioned by the climate and the habitat. Likewise, the hashish effect has not been found present in Cannabis indica cultivated in north Moravia, though this variety grows exceedingly well. The stem attains a height of about 4 m, bears rich seeds, and the tops produce resins which have a very pronounced antibiotic and analgesic effect. It is possible, however, that there was no hashish-producing Variety grown in ancient Egypt, for the climate was, at that time, in all probability rather damp and subsequently much cooler than it is at present. This may be concluded from the fact that in antiquity in Italy and the Balkans snow was a more frequent phenomenon than it is nowadays, and north Africa was the granary of Rome, and not a desert.

FIGURE 1, Cannabis sativa var. indica

Posted Image

All the information obtained from European folk medicine with regard to treatment with cannabis shows clearly that there do not appear to be any narcotic substances in it, or if there are then only in a negligible amount. Instead of that, emphasis has been laid on the antiseptic effect, hence on the antibiotic and to a small extent even on the analgetic effect, which has been upheld in official medicine up to the beginning of this century. In Austria, up to World War I, a salicylate collodion combined with Extractum Cannabis was prescribed for application to corns. Unna's green salve, which was used as a remedy for lupus, contained: Acid salicyl., Liq. Stib. chlorati aa 2.0, Extr. Cannabis ind., Creosoti aa 4.0 , Adeps lanae 8.0. It may be noticed that the substances contained in cannabis have a powerful antibiotic effect upon Myc. tuberculosis, as will be discussed later. On the basis of the results obtained from our investigations, it is suggested that in many analogous cases it would be advantageous to return to cannabis preparations again.
The ancient herbals and those of the Middle Ages mentioned medical use of the seed, the roots (emoelients) and of the tops containing resinous substances. As previously stated, only the latter will be discussed here in detail. The leaves and the juice extracted from them or the macerated leaves were used as a vermifuge for horses, and fisherman soaked the ground with a liquid prepared from them to force up the dew-worms, which they used as bait. Tabernaemontanus and Kramerarius recommended kneading the dried leaves with butter and application of them in form of an ointment to burns. We have obtained positive results with extracts from cannabis in treatment of burns. Ruellius cit. advised the use of cannabis extract as ear-drops in the treatment of ear ache, and also for treatment of wounds and ulcers. Women stooping due to a disease of the uterus were said to stand up straight again after having inhaled the smoke of burning cannabis. In cystitis and in urinary diseases, a decoction of hemp shoots with wine and water was recommended; the steam was allowed to rise as hot as could be endured against the perineum, after which the patient was advised to urinate. This use has more to do with the analgetic than the antiseptic effect. As previously mentioned, homoeopaths value highly both the teep cannabis D 2 - 0.25 g (teep is the fresh drug ground with lactose) and the tinctura Cannabis indicae D 3 up to D 4 which are employed in cases of cycstitis and of urethritis. The homoeopathic utilization of cannabis is fundamentally based on its effect on the central nervous system - i.e., in migraine as discussed in Schoeler's Kompendium and by Auster & Schaefer. The homoeopaths do not otherwise utilize the antiseptic effect when they employ it internally; it is only the centrally sedative action they make use of in the same way as the allopathists did formerly - i.e., in gastralgias and the like. In these cases of internal application the antiseptic effect is, however, doubtful save in the case when the intestinal flora is concerned.
So far the cannabis preparations - hashish preparations - have been frequently investigated therapeutically, particularly in neurology and in psychiatry, but they were abandoned because the results achieved were not uniform. Nevertheless it would be advantageous to utilize the analgetically sedative effect without the narcotic action of the hashish. Burroughs Wellcome & Co. manufacture a special product: Cannabine Tannate - cannabis combined with tan, Hydrastis canadensis and Secale cornutum - which has a sedative effect in metrorrhagias and in dysmenorrhagias. From earlier times, otorhinolaryngologists have preserved a prescription against tinnitus aurium: ZnO, Extr. Valerianae, Extr. Hyoscyami, Extr. Cannabis aa 1.6 M.f. pill No. 60, D.S. 3-5 pills daily per os. Finally, some years ago, in the American Journal of Pharmacy, vol. II (cit. Dinand), the following treatment was recommended in migraine: before meals take for a fortnight conscientiously and daily 0.015 g Extr. Cannabis indicae, the third week 0.02 g, the fourth week 0.03 g, to be continued for some months. In all these cases it is the action on the central nervous system which makes its influence felt. Of rather particular interest is the frequent combination of cannabis with tan both for internal and external application. We have obtained very good results in stomatitis aphtosa, gingivitis, and in paradentoses with a mouth wash of the following composition: Tinct. Cannabis 20.0, Tinct. Salviae, Tinct. Chamomillae, Tinct. Gemmarum populi (or another tan - for example, Tinct. Gallarum) aa 10.0, to be applied in the form of sprays or liniments to the inside of the mouth. The use of cannabis as an analgetic but not as an antibiotic in stomatology has been also briefly mentioned by Hegi.
FIGURE 2, Cannabis sativa - engraving from the Czech edition of Mathioli's herbal from the year 1596

Posted Image
In folk medicine particular use is made of the seed. But we also come across the utilization of the shoots for antibiotic and repellent purposes. Around cabbage plants, cannabis plants are grown to repel pieris (caterpillars), and twigs of cannabis are hung in bedrooms to repel gnats and flies.
During the Middle Ages cannabis decoctions were given to cattle for diarrhoea. In Argentina cannabis is considered a real panacea for tetanus, melancholia, colic, gastralgia, swelling of the liver, gonorrhoea, sterility, impotency, abortion, tuberculosis of the lungs and asthma. In Argentina even the root-bark has been collected in spring, and employed as a febrifuge, tonic, for treatment of dysentery and gastralgia, either pulverized or in form of decoctions. The root when ground and applied to burns is said to relieve pain. Oil from the seeds has been frequently used even in treatment of cancer; we have also come across this application in European folk medicine. Also in Argentina, in folk medicine, hemp shoots extracted with butter (Extr. Cannabis ind. pingue) are supposed to have a powerful hashish effect, it is believed already, in an amount of 0.1 g; it is employed as a remedy in the Basedow disease. The ethereal extract is less active, and in Argentina it is administered for headache, neuralgia, gout, rheumatism, chorea, melancholia, hysteria, delirium, gastralgia and anorexia. The aqueous macerated product has no narcotic effect at all, and is employed for treatment of tuberculosis of the lungs and as a hypnotic for children and to relieve spastic constipation. An infusion of the leaves is considered to possess a diuretic and a diaphoretic effect. In Europe we also come across many of these uses. Thus Graemer (cit. Dinand) recommends the following for treatment of gastralgia: 0.75 g Extr. Cannabis ind., 10 g ether; 10 drops daily on sugar. For rheumatism a decoction of leaves (15-20 g/0.5 1) is taken internally, and externally poultices prepared of seeds and packings of shreds or tow are used. In Brazil hemp is considered to be a sedative, hypnotic and antiasthmatic remedy. A pronounced antibiotic effect has been observed in South America, where fresh leaves after being ground are used as a poultice for furuncles, and in folk medicine in Europe for treatment of erysipelas (Dinand). Even seed pulp is applied in such cases, but as there are no antibiotics in the seeds we must assume that there is another therapeutic factor involved. In the popular treatment of headache, the plant is preserved in vinegar together with juniper, and the extract is used in form of compresses. Githens and also Watt & Breyer-Brandwijk report on the utilization of cannabis (dagga) in South Africa. There it is smoked because of its narcotic action, but it is also used medicinally. Next to the effect upon the central nervous system we find a considerable use as an antibiotic. For example, the Xosa tribe employs it for treatment of inflammation of the feet. In Southern Rhodesia it is a remedy for anthrax, sepsis, dysentery, malaria and for tropical quinine-malarial haemoglobinuria. The Suto tribe fumigates the parturient woman to relieve pain. These analgetic, sedative and antibiotic properties of cannabis in internal and external application are well known to African tribes.
It may be concluded that ancient and folk medicine have utilized cannabis as an antibiotic and analgesic externally and later as a sedative internally. Narcotic effect has been observed in hot climates only.
  • teddys head, Unistasis and DEBhasgrn like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 insomnia

insomnia

where is the CBD ? forget THC

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Where is the Indica with high CBD, low THC ? That is the true MMJ, not high THC sativa. For chronic insomnia I tried a wide variety of product all well recomended. edibles, vapor, tinctures. I started slow & went heavy. None worked. Even BTs finally admitted they still had insomnia.

So where is the TRUE MMJ ? 10% CBD. IMHO the stoners have ruined an herb that had been valuable for thousands of years.

http://www.stonerfor...lists-plan.html
  • sandbreak and painretreat like this

#3 GeeGee

GeeGee

Sheep connoisseur extraordinaire

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Where is the Indica with high CBD, low THC ? That is the true MMJ, not high THC sativa. For chronic insomnia I tried a wide variety of product all well recomended. edibles, vapor, tinctures. I started slow & went heavy. None worked. Even BTs finally admitted they still had insomnia.

So where is the TRUE MMJ ? 10% CBD. IMHO the stoners have ruined an herb that had been valuable for thousands of years.

I truly believe you are being overly simplistic by assuming that what works for your ailment will work for all diseases that cannabis has been proved to work on. High CBDīs do it for you, but that is not the case for all diseases.

And I also find your remark that stoners have ruined the herb quite low and disrispectful. GP is a compassion site that advocates for the legalization of MJ covering the full realm of users. I am a recreational user who prefers to smoke a joint than being a drunk. So am I to blame? All I want is legalization, as much as you do.
  • teddys head, sandbreak and DEBhasgrn like this

#4 GeeGee

GeeGee

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

And if it werenīt for me being a "stoner" I would have never been aware of all the medical implications of our sacred herb and much less, I would have never gotten to spread the word of itīs healing powers... so please donīt come trashing on me..

#5 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

THC has much value in the treatment of cancer...in particular brain tumours(glioma).....so i agree with geegee that your statement is slightly sweeping!!...i certainly don't think its all the fault of the "stoners!"

however i do agree that way too much of the CBD and CBN has been bred out...but THC is still valuable in fighting disease!amim.smiley.gif

Edited by Itinkso, 12 July 2010 - 01:54 PM.

#6 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

Both THC and CBD have healing powers. The problem is that we LIKE THC and it is so easy to breed for! Even in a primitive situation, you just take a plant, dry it and smoke. If it gets you high, you save the seeds. If not, it is an excellent chicken feed. (I got a study on that! lol)

CBD is far more subtle, a "mellow feeling" is the most you can get from it. To breed for CBD, you need lab equipment to detect it. "Dry and try" just won't work with CBD!

Although I wouldn't say cannabis breeders have "ruined" cannabis, the focus on THC is understandable. It's easy and fun! Fortunately, some breeders have realiuzed the medical value of the "other cannabinoid", CBD, and are breeding strains that are high CBD, low THC.

So everyone will eventually be able to get what they need, THC, or CBD, or a mixture of the two in various proportions! The higher CBD strains are just now hitting the market. So, where's the problem?

Granny

#7 insomnia

insomnia

where is the CBD ? forget THC

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

My definition of medical is certainly different than most of yours. If you smoke to get stoned, you are a stoner. Consider yourself insulted. did you read my link ? it is scientificly written by doctors who want to use MMJ & especially with high % CBD. Their opinion was stoners mostly in CA bred out CBD to increase THC. There is no evidence that up to 25% THC is needed for medical purposes. "The doctors want, eventually, to test the effectiveness of cannabis with consistent CBD/THC ratios in treating various conditions. One hoped-for advantage of high-CBD strains is reduced psychoactivity, which might enable patients to take larger doses while remaining functional." What a concept ! So don't tell me you smoke to get stoned & then tell me it is medical. So I guess nobody here knows where to find high CBD % to treat certain conditions without getting stoned ? and apparently nobody cares

#8 CaliWildViolet420

CaliWildViolet420

Certified Caregiver Cultivator

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • LocationMountains

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

Whether someone knows where to find High CBD % is not important...in terms of stating that the stoners ruined an herb, that has been valuable for umpteen years.... What do you base that analogy upon? I have to agree with Storm..."Where is the problem", is it in wanting to create an unfounded negativity, or that you have specific information to back the claims you have put forth????
  • teddys head, sandbreak, DEBhasgrn and 1 other like this

#9 CaliWildViolet420

CaliWildViolet420

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • LocationMountains

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

In defense of those who have like me, been recreational users...and those who still are....I would rather be in the presence and I think highly of, those who smoke pot, over any other form of high...such as alcohol or hard drugs...IMHO

#10 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26122 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

MESSAGE FOR INSOMNIA

Our site is across the board for legalization.

You come to a new board for across the board legalization and climb first upon a soapbox with your opinion of when it is not medical or under your parameter of what you believe and define a stoner for us?

We have no problem and we will stand by our members, stoners to cancer patients,

IMHO you are wrong to enter our community and place your divisive opinions.

We are all here working together, not separate!

And nobody cares? Why don't you read our forum or wait for a reply and not be so impatient with your notions and opinions.

Peace~!

Edited by XBRPete, 12 July 2010 - 08:55 PM.

• teddys head and DEBhasgrn like this

#11 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

hi insomnia :) i take mary j for meds no other option

long story short i use crutches to get about will

probably end up with me own set of wheels but

i also enjoy the stone weres the harm i don't take

a gargle so i get me meds and a bit of happiness

i'm probably like any stoner /med toker have read

all the benifits of mary j ,and know the risk behind it

if 1 whats to strive for a high thc fairplay buts theres loadsa

breeds out there with high cbd

contact these peeps

http://www.bedrocan.nl/

bediol is high in cbd take a look through it

you can contact there chemists through these guys

http://www.cannabisbureau.nl/en/

they have chemists on hand 24/7

my next grow will be jeorges diamonds high in cbd:)

hope this helps , why don't u do an intro page and give us

a heads up on ur self :)
  • Storm Crow, sandbreak, DEBhasgrn and 1 other like this

#12 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

If you check our forum you will see we are compiling all we can find on CBD's, CBN's, etc, and the use of them. In this vien, I myself have started a breeding project to breed together industrial hemp, known to have high healing qualities, with a strong producer, to see if we can indeed breed a type that can be used for medical reasons alone. We have miuch research here on different processes with different parts of the plants that are higher in these healing properties, such at the stocks and stems as well as the roots, which each have unique healing properties.

I also would not at all be surprised to see that post copied here by one of our members, as I have read that link before, that you posted. We are not uneducated in this regard. You might also find our own Storm Crow, quickly becoming world renowned on her own, for her List on research studies from all over the world compiled here and shared wherever we can spread the word. We have a forum just on this subject. So before you start name calling here, you should know of what you speak.

We also feel that we cannot limit ourselves to only the healing properties, as we wish to legally promote the right for all to use the Herb, so we do not simply want one piece of the pie, the medical side, but wish full legalization for all that need canabis, world wide. And if it where not for recreational users during the "dark ages" when canabis's healing properties where not recognized, after the "prohibition" during the 1920's and 30's,when this became law, then many types of canabis, the genetics of which where secretly saved, would not be available to us to use and explore...it is all part of the whole.

I myself am quite involved in making topicals that work without any trace of intoxicant in it, and work for arthritus sufferers as well as people with bad back pain, from either surgeries or the need for them.

This is not about getting high, none of the above is...but is about dealing with high pain, high lack of mobility, and aiding in healing. Many of our members come here seeking help to get off the heavy pharmaceuticals they have had no choice but to use for years, that are slowly, and in some cases, quickly killing them.

I myself have suffered from Insomnia all my life, and this is part of the reason for my use of canabis. I have been taking Healing hemp oil nightly, to help deal with this and high blood pressure. And it is working...this might be good for you to try. We have two forums on this subject...you might just find this enlightening if you can stop pointing fingers and start reading.

I take it from your post, you beleive that it is better for people to be wacked out on these than on the peacful feeling they might happen to get off MMJ. Better for them to be taking pills as you do, and be out of it all the time, disfunctional with morphine as opposed to THC? how can mothers care for thier children then? How can people do what they do for a living under these influences?

Before you come out with broad sweeping statements like this, maybe you should of checked what this site is about first.

Edited by jangel, 13 July 2010 - 10:32 AM.

#13 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

And like I have said in the past-

"ALL cannabis use is medical use, whether you realize it or not!"

Cannabis slows, halts, or even reverses, the symptoms of diabetes (neuropathy and retinopathy), it may reverse the progression of MS. It heals nerves and lessens inflammation and does so much more to PREVENT disease!

Those little "get highs" are preventing their "sugared out" diabetic eyes from going blind from diabetic retinopathy- a major cause of blindness in adults! Some studies suggest that CBD may even prevent diabetes, not just it's symptoms! Their nerves are protected from degeneration from diabetes. So, although they are "just getting high", the medical value does not diminish because of their lack of knowledge!

My new list has 11 pages on CBD alone, and I cover not only the phytocannabinoids, but also the endocannabinoids and many of the synthetics. The whole spectrum of cannabinoids is important, since each is unique in it's own way. Both CBD and THC are medically important, and both are available and useful. We are free to choose what suits us best medically or emotionally, and should not look down on someone making the other choice!

Granny

#14 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

Hugs all round! Love you storm crow! amim.smiley.gif dancing.2gifHug Smileydancing.2gif

#15 CaliWildViolet420

CaliWildViolet420

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • LocationMountains

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:40 PM

Right on Storm....It really is, even tho, the recreational word may be attached to it...I think Robin Williams comedy sketch was appropriate...in that the ones that smoke pot...are relaxed vs...the other substances...

#16 CaliWildViolet420

CaliWildViolet420

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • LocationMountains

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

We can all use relaxation and the word sleep in my life is underated...so anything that makes the anxiety go away..is worth so much to me...
  • teddys head, sandbreak and mtnhighmama like this

#17 GeeGee

GeeGee

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

Awesome post granny... Thanks for wording it so well!!!!

#18 Guest_seldomseen_*

Guest_seldomseen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

My definition of medical is certainly different than most of yours. If you smoke to get stoned, you are a stoner. Consider yourself insulted.

did you read my link ? it is scientificly written by doctors who want to use MMJ & especially with high % CBD. Their opinion was stoners mostly in CA bred out CBD to increase THC. There is no evidence that up to 25% THC is needed for medical purposes.

"The doctors want, eventually, to test the effectiveness of cannabis with consistent CBD/THC ratios in treating various conditions. One hoped-for advantage of high-CBD strains is reduced psychoactivity, which might enable patients to take larger doses while remaining functional." What a concept !

So don't tell me you smoke to get stoned & then tell me it is medical.

So I guess nobody here knows where to find high CBD % to treat certain conditions without getting stoned ? and apparently nobody cares

I don't know where you are getting your information because it's bogus. Have you ever heard of Tie Sticks or Columbian Gold ? These were around before any California Hippie ever stuck a seed in the ground and they were and still are some of the most potent varities on the planet. Greenhouse seeds is starting to list the CBD % as well as the THC on their web site so go there and see if they have what you are looking for. Cannabis is not the drug for everyone and maybe it's not for you. All drugs from caffeine to Oxycontin makes the user "high" try drinking 20 espressos all at the same time. The body adjusts to a drug so the first time someone tries pot it usually knocks them on their butt but the longer the drug is used the less of an effect it has. I self medacate so I know if I'm getting the desired effect or not and can adjust the dose accordingly I don't you or any doctors to tell me if I'm doing it right. Relax, with an attitude like yours no wonder no one cares..

#19 Trogdor

Trogdor

Resident Deprogrammer

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:48 AM

Hey I've seen some comments in this thread especially from one individual and they're a bunch of nonsense. I go to the dispensary, they have a bunch of strains, each are labeled with the percentage of sativa/indica, if you don't want a sativa because you don't have use for a top-notch stimulant then don't buy one.

Edited by Trogdor, 29 July 2010 - 03:53 AM.

• GeeGee, probandoprobando, teddys head and 3 others like this

#20 BudGreen

BudGreen

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1182 posts
  • LocationHigh. In the foothills.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Hi everyone. I guess this is a good place to post this. I came across this site and thought I'd pass it on. It's amazing how much Americans relied on cannabis products before prohibition. Enjoy. Be well.

Scroll down go to main page

http://antiquecannabisbook.com
  • teddys head, sandbreak and mtnhighmama like this

#21 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

thanks for that BG good reading :toking:

Health and happiness
  • sandbreak likes this

#22 mtnhighmama

mtnhighmama

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

I found this article to be fascinating, and there is SOOOOO much to learn. I am still quite a newbie when it comes to understanding the different components and how to use them I have been a home-schooled stuent in herbal medicine (not MMJ, but other remedies, like calendula, tea tree, etc) for decades, even using remedies for myself and the kids for everything from flu to my own Psoriatic Arthritis. I am excited at how versatile our little Sacred Plant can be! Looking forward to trying leaves on skin, or making a wash for antiseptic use etc... am grateful for this site and the people here for making the information available and the JOY of being a smoker an OKAY thing ;) Love you guys!
  • sandbreak, DEBhasgrn and BudGreen like this

#23 GreenWeaver

GreenWeaver

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Posted Image
  • sandbreak likes this

#24 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hi everyone. I guess this is a good place to post this. I came across this site and thought I'd pass it on. It's amazing how much Americans relied on cannabis products before prohibition. Enjoy. Be well.

Scroll down go to main page

http://antiquecannabisbook.com

Hi Bud!!!!! Just want to say, Thanks for the link, it's just so interesting what was known for centuries, How can such knowledge be forgotten just since prohibition......
  • Desiderata, sandbreak and BudGreen like this

#25 GreenWeaver

GreenWeaver

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Here is the site; http://montanabiotec...n-cbc-thcv-cbg/
  • DEBhasgrn likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic