39 replies to this topic

#26 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

mus be workin. in the intrest of scienc i been lickin the stuff an i tink its workin!

full reportr lader

terry

LOL!!!!....enjoy!!!
  • jangel and teddys head like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

Thank you very much for the reply first of all.

i put the dry weed in the oven at 225F for 30 min. it came out in what seemed to me a perfectly frangible state. i could easily break it up and remove stems with my fingers. i then used a space grinder to grind it up. i spent extra time upside down to get a good grind.
so far it has spent about 60 minutes at 160F in a water bath. i intend to cool it down, then repeat in 30 min increments for at least 3 cycles, then sample.
does that sound like a better plan?

you mention 250F under pressure. i have a pressure cooker. what amount of time would that take?

btw, if anyone else has any ideas please jump in by all means! i did not intend to limit this to GW and I at all. it's just that he started the thread so i thought i should ask him. sorry if that is perceived as highjacking by anyone. that is certainly not my intent.

fyi, i am currently filming this experiment with my ipod touch. i think i have about 8 - 9 min so far and i intend to start a new thread and upload it here for use if it's approved. all of your input is appreciated and any ideas may end up in the video, who knows.

well, time to go cool 'em down!

terry

You're welcome bro! Happy experimenting.

Given the process that you describe and looking at the chart curves, I predict that you will end up with a decarboxylated high CBN oil, that will couch lock and put you to sleep. If that is your goal, I predict success and am hoping you will share your results with us!

The industrial standard for pressure cookers is 15 psi, and it would require about 62 psi to elevate the boiling point of an azeotropic 95.5% ethanol mixture to 250F.
  • jangel, OniusOniusOnius, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#28 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

great to have you experts around. Wisdom trumps over personal experience.
  • jangel, OniusOniusOnius, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#29 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

Just be very careful licking up your oil after making it It is very strong and a small amount is needed to medicate and heal...more than that when not used to it, tends to green you out. This means the world can spin, you could sleep for 24 hrs and the worst affect, which I personally have experienced, is projectile vomiting a good 4 feet into space....just hope you have a loving partner with you to catch it!!!!! So be very careful dosing with this....it is not for shits and giggles believe me! J
  • OniusOniusOnius, Itinkso, teddys head and 2 others like this

#30 Ramona760

Ramona760

Student for life

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Just be very careful licking up your oil after making it

It is very strong and a small amount is needed to medicate and heal...more than that when not used to it, tends to green you out.

This means the world can spin, you could sleep for 24 hrs and the worst affect, which I personally have experienced,

is projectile vomiting a good 4 feet into space....just hope you have a loving partner with you to catch it!!!!!

So be very careful dosing with this....it is not for shits and giggles believe me!

J

Hi Jangel,
I've been away from this forum for a while. My friend converted some of my shake to this and I experienced exactly what you warned about.. I was dividing it up into little plastic tubes for storage and got a bunch on my fingers of course and licked it off. An hour later it hit me. I sat in my husbands massage chair and closed my eyes; the light show was perfectly synchronated with the massage patterns. My arms felt like they were wrapped in floating cotton and was stuck! Then I knew it was time to visit the bathroom for a vomit too. (fortunatley not a projectile!) Then crashed on the bed and waited it out. I have a batch of CBD oil coming. I am going to have tested. Actually the oil I had was tested at 47% THC. Learned my lesson!! BTW I am a lightweight. :(

Edited by Ramona760, 31 May 2011 - 06:15 PM.

• jangel, OniusOniusOnius, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#31 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

I am on the other hand a heavy tolerance user, and I no longer lick my fingers during processing, because of some unhandy experiences. Not to the vomiting stage, but it most certainly changed my processing plans and put me horizontal for a bit. We are talking about a concentrate here, and that is how it should be treated!
  • jangel, OniusOniusOnius, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#32 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

LOL!... Learned bout the finger licking stuff the hard way myself... Geezz! Didn't make me sick but Whew to say the least! Down for the count for awhile for sure!
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#33 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

ROTFL Glad I can learn from your experiences 8^) What happens if you "lick the bowl" Probably not the same as mother's chocolate chip cookies. You guys are great!
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#34 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

i have seen some big guys go down after claiming they will never OD! glad i was able to learn from others experience.
  • jangel, teddys head and sandbreak like this

#35 buck

buck

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

Very helpful thank you
  • jangel and teddys head like this

#36 DanKGlassworks

DanKGlassworks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

So would heating in the oven at 252F for 27 minutes, prior to beginning the extraction process be the best way to decarboxylate, according to the graph, if one if using 191 proof grain alcohol for extraction? (Pressure cooking to 250F is too scary for me to try at this stage.) The intent of my extract is edible, and for pain releif, more than anything, for a psoriatic arthritus and fibromialgia patient.
  • Tokecrazy and teddys head like this

#37 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

So would heating in the oven at 252F for 27 minutes, prior to beginning the extraction process be the best way to decarboxylate, according to the graph, if one if using 191 proof grain alcohol for extraction? (Pressure cooking to 250F is too scary for me to try at this stage.)
The intent of my extract is edible, and for pain releif, more than anything, for a psoriatic arthritus and fibromialgia patient.

The most accurate way that we've found to decarboxylate, is to decarboxylate the oil after it is extracted. Set it in a hot oil bath, and watch the bubble formation. The fine fizzy equally sized bubbles are CO2 from the decarboxylation, so when they suddenly break off in production rate, you are at the top of the 70% curve, and when they cease altogether, you are 100%.
  • teddys head, sandbreak and Blue61 like this

#38 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

Thanks graywolf! ...th@ info helps a lot. muA
  • Graywolf and teddys head like this

#39 dali035

dali035

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

I am very confused with this thread... I'm also making RSO oil for my dads cancer, but i did it based on Ricks video.. I first dry the material for a few days in a closed dark ventilated room, i use 100% iso, wash and filter the material with the solvent twice, then as in the video - rice cooker / tea warmer / no bubbles / finished. Any advice on how i can check the quality of the finished oil? The only way i can boil off the solvent any earlier or faster is to put less of it in. I cant adjust the temp on the rice cooker or the tea warmer. :/ Any advice?
  • teddys head likes this

#40 canon

canon

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

Perhaps this could be of interest?

Attached Files

• teddys head and Blue61 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic