• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 steelheader

steelheader

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

hi all so i've been reading some threads on the benefits of using oil but am i getting the same benefits from smoking the herb in joint form if so ive been self medicating for years heheh
  • strider, Brer Rabbit, Itinkso and 4 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 CaliWildViolet420

CaliWildViolet420

Certified Caregiver Cultivator

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • LocationMountains

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

Well welcome.....everyone has their own chosen method....and some people are getting a stronger benefit from oils, medibles and more.....ENJOY!!!
  • strider, Itinkso, teddys head and 2 others like this

#3 mickrick

mickrick

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

as cali said eating is more benificial imo, and that of many others.. welcome to GP are you growing ya own.(getting high on ya on supply) mick..

#4 CaliWildViolet420

CaliWildViolet420

Certified Caregiver Cultivator

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • LocationMountains

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

I had to use a tincture last night to get to sleep and it did help with restless leg syndrome..which is so horrifically annoying and frustrating...

#5 steelheader

steelheader

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:52 PM

yes im growing outside for the first time ever lol tired of trying to find herb on the street never knowing whats in the herb or what its been laced with ive heard of some adding some crystal to some herb so to say the least its time to green up i guess
  • strider, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#6 steelheader

steelheader

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

i will have to read a bit more on making the different ways of obtaining the medical benifits from this fantastic plant

#7 steelheader

steelheader

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

by the way my plants are luving the sun and environment now but the late spring was a little shakey very little sun and lots of rain but hopefully we have turned the corner

#8 MacombCountyCaregivers

MacombCountyCaregivers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

Personal preference. Eating weed is better for you, but is WAY stronger. When you eat cannabis your body produces a totally new psychoactive chemical called 11 hydroxy metabolite. You do not experience this when you smoke. So even experienced smokers may be humbled when they eat cannabis. If you think that the effects of eating it are too strong, Vape-ing is next next safest way to medicate. But i personally hate joints. Blunts, bowls, or vape tokes for me.

#9 strider

strider

Calif. Caregiver

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationLeft Coast

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:00 PM

More than one way to skin a cat. I've burned or vaped in one way or another for ages. I am also a decent baker and good cook so edibles have been in my repitoir for years. I am really excited to be entering the arena of balms and tinctures. What a great adventure. For the most part only smoke joints in the car.
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#10 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:25 PM

Personal preference. Eating weed is better for you, but is WAY stronger. When you eat cannabis your body produces a totally new psychoactive chemical called 11 hydroxy metabolite. You do not experience this when you smoke. So even experienced smokers may be humbled when they eat cannabis. If you think that the effects of eating it are too strong, Vape-ing is next next safest way to medicate. But i personally hate joints. Blunts, bowls, or vape tokes for me.

I never knew it was so much stronger if ingested.... hmmmm but wouldn't you need a larger quantity to make edibles??? (like I said.... new to all this.... still smoking joints too because I don't have the $ for a vape... hmmm maybe I'll ask Santa ha ha.

Feel Good!

• GeeGee, strider, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#11 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

More than one way to skin a cat. I've burned or vaped in one way or another for ages. I am also a decent baker and good cook so edibles have been in my repitoir for years. I am really excited to be entering the arena of balms and tinctures. What a great adventure. For the most part only smoke joints in the car.

Hi Strider,

Is there an area in the forums that gives suggestions how to cook with it? Wouldn't you go thru more quantities cooking with it vs. vaping or smoking? And yes I am that uninformed (ain't that just sad???) ugh.

Take care & B Happy

#12 GeeGee

GeeGee

Sheep connoisseur extraordinaire

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

Hi Strider,

Is there an area in the forums that gives suggestions how to cook with it? Wouldn't you go thru more quantities cooking with it vs. vaping or smoking? And yes I am that uninformed (ain't that just sad???) ugh.

Take care & B Happy

Hey poet, welcome to GP!

all the edible part is in here, take a look and enjoy!

https://www.greenpas...lescooking-etc/
  • jangel, strider, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#13 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21670 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

Poet if you ever wander into chat while Pete is there ask him about muffins. :)
  • jangel, strider, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#14 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:49 AM

yea i love my doobies...a friend sent me some cookies once....and me being the stoner iam...hate too much... and was mega high for hours....deff. got my attention...lol....the next day i ate less and was perfect....
  • jangel, strider, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#15 strider

strider

Calif. Caregiver

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationLeft Coast

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:53 AM

Hey PWB, you're only uninformed if you don't ask questions. We all started this adventure, "uninformed". I posted my "canna-budda" recipe in the cooking section. https://www.greenpas...uick-pictorial/ If you check the bottom of the thread there is a recipe for some killer canna-chip cookies, that will curl your toes. IMHO making the budda is a very efficient use of your plant. Good luck, and remember that you can use the budda in any recipe calling for shortening or oil.

Edited by strider, 08 December 2010 - 08:57 AM.

• jangel, GeeGee, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#16 Lydia

Lydia

ॐ ॐ ॐ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1784 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

there is an entire section on the main page called mediebles with recipes for making diferent things like muffins cookies..lasanga... also in the hemp oil section there are recipeies for making hemp oil.....root salve, coconut hemp oil, healing annointment oil...you name it its there!!!! Prepare to be edjumacated lol!!!
  • jangel, GeeGee, strider and 5 others like this

#17 playk328

playk328

Seasoned Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

I am just posting this reply to say that I dont mind smoking a joint, but I prefer a bong hit.

#18 diggler

diggler

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

An avid bong smoker myself, I was a serious joint fiend before I stopped smoking tobacco 3 years ago. Now, my bong and I are inseparable except when I accidentally break it while washing or something stupid like that. Tried a vaporiser a few times - not nearly as strong as the bong!! :unsure:

#19 Brer Rabbit

Brer Rabbit

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1154 posts
  • Locationemerald isle

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

I get 2 x wasted ingesting , help's sleep and still stoned the next morning . Agree with digger about the vape also , thank's everyone .

#20 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

My hubby has neuropathic pain. We can smoke or vape quite a bit before he gets any relief, he will be stoned, but still hurting. But with edibles or RSO, he gets MUCH better relief!
  • jangel, strider, Brer Rabbit and 4 others like this

#21 HD96

HD96

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1346 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

tried the medibles and the vape. Always end up with my bong.

#22 artistickat

artistickat

Happy Camper

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

My hubby recently had surgery to repair a broken ankle. The docs gave him oxycodone and hydrocodone, both powerful narcotics. He gets better pain relief from my cannabudder brownies! I've used up all of last year's grow and hoping I get a good harvest this fall.

Edited by artistickat, 12 September 2011 - 02:09 PM.

#23 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:06 AM

My hubby recently had surgery to repair a broken ankle. The docs gave him oxycodone and hydrocodone, both powerful narcotics. He gets better pain relief from my cannabudder brownies!

I've used up all of last year's grow and hoping I get a good harvest this fall.

I hope for you a great harvest this year!!!! I love the excitement of this time of the grow season... After many a crazy years on opiate pain pills, I am now almost clean of them, If not for smoking mj I could not be able to stand the pain I have, and if not for mj I don't know how bad my withdrawals, from me getting clean this past month, Don't know how much worse the DTs would have been,,

I have always smoked, and love having medables when I can if they are around.. I am hope to get into making sure I have the medables on hand more often,,, By smoking as much mj as I do from a pipe, I do feel the difference in my lungs at times, this is why it is important for me to do the medibles and maybe a vape in the future,, In the mean time, I am getting rid of the pipe and sticking with the bong... Wake and bake and medicate with coffee and the bong!!!!!

#24 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

I used to smoke way too much tobacco (over 4 packs a day when I quit in the mid-80s), so no js for me!

Am trying out a vape - and I like the vape itself (a Magic Flight Launch Box) a lot, but - like Granny's husband - am not finding it sufficient for neuropathic pain.

Will be making a glycerin-based tincture once the harvest is nicely dried and cured, and maybe some budda or medibles as well...

Am taking pretty low doses of an opioid pain med when needed, but would greatly prefer to stick to Tylenol and cannabis. (I can't take anti-inflammatory meds, so I'm hoping to get as much CBD effect as possible...)

Edited by sandbreak, 13 September 2011 - 03:01 PM.

#25 Nicholas

Nicholas

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationThe moooooon

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:17 AM

By smoking as much mj as I do from a pipe, I do feel the difference in my lungs at times, this is why it is important for me to do the medibles and maybe a vape in the future,, In the mean time, I am getting rid of the pipe and sticking with the bong... Wake and bake and medicate with coffee and the bong!!!!!

I felt the same way before I acquired my vape Deb! I do feel the difference in my lungs since making the shift to mostly vaping. I'll still enjoy the occasional toke or two of a pipe/joint with a few friends, but all of my personal sessions are vaping now. I love it and I have felt the increase in lung strength practically daily since!

I've been using the MFLB and loving it. It had a learning curve to it, but it wasn't too hard to pick up at all :]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users