#26 jnandai

jnandai

Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

Each person reacts differently to the prescribed meds just the same as each person reacts differently to marijuana,, no two people are alike,

I am glad you are finding the right combo for yourself. I wish you well, it's a hard thing to cope with!
  • Itinkso, couchpotatoking and DEBhasgrn like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 jnandai

jnandai

Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

am currently being assessed for MS, but no clear indication as yet, most of my pain is neuropathic, and worse when am stressed...

I have used MJ since i was 16....

Looking at my medical hx, reads like any MS patient in the early stages except for the optic neuritis,

I was diagnosed in 1995 with MS, but it had been going on since childhood, along with the seizures. I think the bi-polar, MS, seizures, allergies,insomnia, gastroparesis, etc. are all part of the same group of symptoms and dysfunction going on in my brain. I have been in late stage MS twice, and made almost a full recovery. Bi-polar is gone, with just a slight amount of depression left. I am so happy with how far things have come - my quality of life is quite good, especially compared to how serious it has been in the past. I am so happy to be off of prescription drugs and able to treat all of this on my own. I have been mostly self treating for 15 years, using diet, herbs, homeopathy, and of course mmj.

Whatever helps is individual. I ended up allergic to all drugs and multiple allergies in general, I think in part after being on a very high dose of many drugs, for many years.....until I finally started treating myself - off the grid. But it's not for everyone...my body was just done with western medicine. Now I don't have a choice how to treat, but I think it's a very good thing.

Love to everyone here.

#28 DragonTat2

DragonTat2

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPNW, USA

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:19 AM

Hi AncientGreen, hope all is well,, Before I start I would like to say, Thank you Pete for sharing your real life stories,,, Very encouraging and touching...

I am bi-polar, was diagnosed three years ago at the age of 50.. I lived a life of hell most of the time so when I was finally properly diagnosed it was almost a relief, it all made seance now,, I have been smoking Cannabis most of my life, I had never thought of it as me medicating myself, not until I found Green Passion and started doing the research.. I have always known that the herb was of tremendous help to me during my months and years of being in the black hole as I call it.. Cannabis has saved my life a few times, I know this because I am here to tell the stories,, Cannabis also has kept me from those fast going highs that we who have bi-polar go through,, It has kept me from self destruction at times when I needed it most.. In my life now I still medicate with Cannabis and I am also on prescribed medication,, I will probably forever be medicating myself with the two.. My life is so much better now,, I am not self destructive and I don't want to die,, Since doing the research I understand more as to just how important Cannabis has been to my health,, I know if not for having been a smoker most of my life I would not be here right now...

"My life is so much better now,, I am not self destructive and I don't want to die,, Since doing the research I understand more as to just how important Cannabis has been to my health,, I know if not for having been a smoker most of my life I would not be here right now..."

Me, too. Recently came through a suicidal depression using mmj, mindfulness, and patience. Stopped alcohol 3 years come December, so my awareness of my condition also helped me get thru.

Going for the prelims for a card this week. I believe that will help reduce my anxiety some, too.

I am so thankful I found GP!

#29 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:49 PM

"My life is so much better now,, I am not self destructive and I don't want to die,, Since doing the research I understand more as to just how important Cannabis has been to my health,, I know if not for having been a smoker most of my life I would not be here right now..."

Me, too. Recently came through a suicidal depression using mmj, mindfulness, and patience. Stopped alcohol 3 years come December, so my awareness of my condition also helped me get thru.

Going for the prelims for a card this week. I believe that will help reduce my anxiety some, too.

I am so thankful I found GP!

I'm glad you have found us too... Being here at Green Passion has been so much help for me, I have learned so much more then I thought possible and to have people that relate to my same situation and are willing to talk about it is of great help too, I have my own story but it really isn't much different from others here,, It's a great place to be with some of the best people I know!!!
  • Itinkso and couchpotatoking like this

#30 playk328

playk328

Seasoned Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:56 AM

I know it's a late post, but my wife seems to be bipolar, and cannabis does not seem to help her, it just makes her more paranoid, so I would have to say cannabis is a healing medicine for those who can tolerate its affects..

#31 Citation10Jet

Citation10Jet

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:34 AM

My Sis takes care of an older man withvery bad Crohns and he gets Hemp Oil and it is so green. Does the color sound right? I have seen him actually smoking it on his Pipe tobacco Pipe and he said it relaxes him very much. He went on and on about how he benefitted from treating himself. Just wanted to add this.:D
  • usstoner, Itinkso, couchpotatoking and 1 other like this

#32 Citation10Jet

Citation10Jet

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:40 AM

I am so greatful this beautiful Herb has absolutely saved my life! More on that another time but let me just say I have a very special bond with the weed. My only stress reliever and Swollen joint help. Thanks for this thread.

#33 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

Citation, if the oil is green it is full of chlorophylls...neither good nor bad, simply different...whole plant concentrates like hemp oil can have it left in them, or it can be filtered or removed or extracted without the chlorophylls...it's basically personal choice :D hehehe muA

#34 DarkEnergy

DarkEnergy

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:08 AM

I know it's a late post, but my wife seems to be bipolar, and cannabis does not seem to help her, it just makes her more paranoid, so I would have to say cannabis is a healing medicine for those who can tolerate its affects..

I have seen it too my friend.

Be careful when using Cannabis if you suffer from Bi-Polar 1 (The manic type) as it can excite manic episodes in some people, and can even cause them. I knew an incredibly manic woman who had to quit for this reason. She wound up getting arrested when she went into the local grocery store with her Python, approaching people telling them to pet him.

Edited by DarkEnergy, 03 November 2011 - 09:12 AM.

• GeeGee, usstoner, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#35 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

KNOW YOUR CANNABIS LINEAGE - Bi-Polar and Cannabis strain and purity Medical Cannabis communities report glowing to disastrous results in treating Bi-Polar disorder – especially those who are subject to extreme mania. Cannabis strain purity is a critical contributor to its medical effects - not withstanding the human bio-chemistry variations which confound results from person to person. Pure Indica reports a more relaxed and even sleepy state, whereas pure Sativa reports a heightened state. Mixed strains produce unpredictable results. For persons with chemical hyper-sensitivity as the root cause of their ailment, Organically grown Cannabis is imperative. KNOW your medicine. NUTRITION IS KEY: A friend was prescribed PAXIL. She became so "screaming" out of control, I had to be accompany her to the doctor appointments with reams of side-effect documents and "train" the doctor regarding the negative health effects of Paxil and other SSRI’s. Most doctors do not study the intrications of medications - they just prescribe what is popular or requested by the patient. Today, my friend is now off all the drugs and very stable with a nutrition regimen including megadose B's. Her Bi-Polar was also exacerbated with dietary toxins and sweeteners - organics resolve most of that issue. ( see also http://www.doctoryou...om/bipolar.html ) An NIH study affirms the mixed results using Cannabis: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17199055 An interesting report on Cannabis and cancer properties also discusses neurological implications: http://www.nature.co...rc1188_BX1.html Mixed results not limited to “natural” medicines: Pharmaceuticals have the same mixed results - some SSRI's make Bi-Polar worse (i.e. Paxil). So dangerous are SSRI’s that the WHO (World Health Organization highly recommends restricting their use for people under 18 because the drugs induce a “suicide syndrome”. These drugs are also extremely addictive yielding incredible withdrawal symptoms http://www.who.int/m...ty/7.1SSRIs.pdf http://www.who.int/m...1/en/index.html In 2005, a systematic review of published randomized controlled trials comparing SSRIs with another active treatment or placebo found an almost 2-fold increase in the odds of fatal and nonfatal suicide attempts among those exposed to SSRIs. http://www.cmaj.ca/c.../180/3/291.full

Edited by froggymountain, 05 November 2011 - 03:37 PM.

• GeeGee, usstoner, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#36 Who

Who

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

AG...this may not pertain to your question, and i don't want to high-jack your thread. i just want to show you this and explain my experience. there are days when i must lie on the floor and pull myself with my arms to move around my appt. i suspect that besides the surgeries and nerve damage, many of the other things contribute to this problem. about 10 years ago, my legs started burning and i could feel my knees locking; a friend gave me a joint and explained to take 3 hits and wait for it. when it hit me, the spasms stopped immediately, and my knees didn't lock as usual.

Cerebral Palsy
Epilepsy
Scoliosis
Spinal Stenosis
Spina Bifida Occulta
2 L-4, L-5 back surgeries w/ Arthritis, Nerve Damage and back spasms from the incision sites, to the bottoms of my feet

these are my dis-abilities, and Canabis has helped me. i have no grow of my own, and i don't want to buy off the street, because the quality may be crap. i joined GP because somehow, i knew that i could/would be given the advice that i need to start my own grow. i would ask, that you read every link here. plus, you should also research.

Marijuana is a natural herb and does not start the on-set of a diease or dis-order. it will soothe the dis-order that you have...go for it !!!!!
i've only been here since 10-30 but wow...the family here is great !!!!!
  • usstoner, Itinkso, couchpotatoking and 2 others like this

#37 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:32 AM

You are right Who, research is the key, For me MJ does help my bipolar and the depressions that come with it,, But that is not the case for everyone,, MJ affects everyone differently and especially with bipolar or schizophrenia it is important to do your research and if it doesn't work for you, don't use MJ for any reason at all, recreational or medical, it could be dangerous to do so if it affects you in a negative way.. This is just my experience from knowing what MJ does to a family member with schizophrenia. But like it's been said, MJ affects each person in different ways. Peace
  • usstoner, Itinkso, DarkEnergy and 1 other like this

#38 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:59 AM

Mr X LOVES to have a smoke of a tiny amount of bud...but over a week or so of smoking, his episodes will begin to worsen...yet when he smokes leaf and tip this does not happen...or if so, over a long period of time....the leaf and tip just does not have enough kick for him he says...so I tried some trim...the leaves trimmed off the buds @ harvest...covered in trichs but made up of leaf TIPS.. Much better results from this..so..I have been mixing leaf and tip to his lil bits of bud th@ he smokes...a BIG improvement, I must say!... Given this experience, I would recommend th@ one puts leaf tips and bud trim in with any buds anyone with a psychiatric problem smokes...the cbd's in these parts of the plant are higher in proportion than other parts of the plant...adding the leaf tips to the bud will increase the % of cbd/cbn in the final smoke...most helpful if you do it... muA
  • usstoner, Itinkso, xxPeacePipexx and 3 others like this

#39 shadowgrower

shadowgrower

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSEUSA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hello again my friends. I hope this finds you doin well this beautiful day. Well, without listing a 7 page diagnosis since Adolesence(lets just say many years ago lol) let's just say I am "Mentally Ill" All i could possibly say is that for these hard years throughout MMJ has been my saviour! I could quote at least a hundred times thru the years that quite honestly I would just not have made it thru if it not for MMJ. We'll just leave it at that. Thank you for this thread and for all the replies.
Peace
Shadow
  • couchpotatoking and DEBhasgrn like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users