16 replies to this topic

#1 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

For this tutorial and this project I am using all the excess leaves from a season, small leaves, fan leaves, sugar leaves, as well as using the results from making a tincture from stems and stocks, which was added to a round of hemp oil and cooked down. I think this added greatly to the pain solution for this batch. See this post for more info: Using Twigs/Stems/Healing Hemp Oil

I had no buds left, and needed the oil for topical, as well as other things.

I save everything! So should we all.

And I am very glad I do as this as turned out to be a life IMPROVER for several people.

This is the oil I used for making topical salves, using the HOA Holy Anointing Oil formula. This has provided relief to several people, from back aches, due to surgery, as well as just damaged backs. One patient had not walked without a cane for a couple of years. She has not used her cane since using this.

One of my patients with Osteo Arthritus could no longer play her guitar. She is back doing riffs and enjoying her photography. Her dexterity is much better, so she can now do finner motor movements that seemed lost to her.

Another patient used this oil for her IBS. It got her through an attack and she is doing much better now. It stopped her pain and gave her an appetite.

In this tutorial I have water cured the herb I used. Many people found the green chlorophyll taste from leaves nasty. I wanted to see if I could improve this at all by water curing this amount of leaves. It did work, but if I ever do this again I will not crush them first, as I found this encouraged them to ferment and made it very strong and harder to do a good cure but it did work very well! Due to the concentration and thickness of leaves I stopped doing this at the 4 day mark. I feel if it was less concentrated, as in not ground up, I could of let them go longer, say for a full 7 days. It pulled much out of them, and was very strong what did come out.

I also know since I grow organically there where no chemicals, other than the ones naturally occurring, in my leaves.

For this project I used 473 grams of leaves. After water curing the leaves and drying them out I had I think 385 grams left. This is close to a pound of leaves. And see how much was pulled out by the cure!

Me being me, I had to try this to see if it would get you high...It tasted pretty bad...crappy is one name for it! LOL! I got a bit of a buzz but mostly felt sick. :)

I also tried to see if it would help feed my plants with the stuff that came out of it....well, don't do that either, unless you water it down a lot! :hungryplant:It killed one of my plants, and the other one seemed fine, both the same types of plants (begonias, not pot!) So if you do give this to something else, I think it would feed them, but use it diluted! LOL!

In order to keep this all under control I filled up pantie hose legs to soak in the water. This made the whole process far simpler for me, handling sausage like links over wet herb.

First is me weighing and breaking up the herb, filling the stockings and putting them into the container to soak. This container works great for this as it has a spigot at the bottom. All of this I put through paper coffee filters to make sure no trichomes where lost.

NO TRICHS WHERE HARMED OR HURT IN THIS PROCESS...HONEST!

LOL!

Here we go...please do not hesitate to ask questions.

We are all students here. :)

Attached Files

• DogFaceDude likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

First rinse, then back to soak.

http://www.greenpass...81&d=1276703331

Second rinse. You can see it is getting lighter every rinse.

Also see in this picture I have put the water that came out through a fine screen, and see how little is left.

http://www.greenpass...85&d=1276703331

Attached Files

• Itinkso and DogFaceDude like this

#3 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:53 AM

Also note that I held the coils down with a plate on top. The object is to make sure all of the herb is below the surface of the water, so all is soaked and will let go of the nasties...

http://www.greenpass...98&d=1276703609

Every day for four days I put clean water in and rinsed it out.

Here is day three, again, getting lighter.

http://www.greenpass...94&d=1276703609

And here is the final day.

http://www.greenpass...97&d=1276703609

Attached Files

#4 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

Here is the final rinse water coloure....quite a difference, even just after 4 days!

http://www.greenpass...99&d=1276703768

Now I had all this wet herb to dry. I did not want to use the oven, as this could take out the affectiveness of the THC and CBD's etc. So I spread it out in my warm grow room on newspapers, laid out in the front screens of fans. I can't get these things to stay on fans so I have saved them. They make great driers if you have a wealth of leaves as they are wire and allow air through the bottoms. I kept tossing them every day for a few days,Changed the newspapers regularly as they drew the water out of the herb, put them on top of my T-5 floro tubes and my T-8's. They do not get hot, but are warm. It just took a couple days and all this herb was dried out! I was worried there for a bit that it would never dry but would simply ferment, but it was fine.

For the final bit I did use my oven but I have to watch the damn thing as it will not hold steady at 200F so only used it for short bursts to make sure all the moisture was out of it.

Attached Files

#5 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

next....Onto making the oil...stirring the alcohol into the herb and letting it sit.... Filtering it out, and a shot of what the final herb looked like...... And I used a big pot of water to help push the oil out of the herb. I also use a candy thermometer to see how hot it gets.

Attached Files

#6 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

I use a rice cooker for this.

Works perfectly in my mind.

I cannot remember exactly how much I got out of this, but I believe it was close to 30 grams of oil.

I had many syringes full, and used a good amount in my HOA.

Hope this helps someone...use it in health.

Now, one postscript on all of this. Since doing this I have learned that the chloryphyl does have healthful influences so if you wish to not do it, that is good too...

http://www.greenpass...23&d=1276704023

Attached Files

#7 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

It looks like there is stuff floating in the oil, but it is just a reflection, nothing floating in it at all and now it is all gone! Time to make more!

#8 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:27 PM

Thanks Jangel....getting the most out of a plant is one of the new millennium's contributions to cannabis...like hydro was last millennium!monkeysmilie2gif I now use large 'envelopes' made from flyscreen to hold my watercure material. You can make them wide enough to fit in a bucket and enough of them to handle all ya material... They can be weighed down with weights in the envelope....and are easy to hang on a line to dry! I use this for buds...but if you don't pack it too thickly...about a buds thickness, then they work well. muA

Edited by medi-useA, 28 June 2010 - 09:25 AM.

• Itinkso, DogFaceDude and sandbreak like this

#9 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:15 AM

KEEP YOUR CLOROPHYLL!!!!......THATS WHAT I SAY!!!!.....lol!!!!

sorry J!!!!:321::)

• DogFaceDude and sandbreak like this

#10 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:16 AM

Excellent thread Jangel and good idea on the panty hose!

#11 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:17 AM

I now use large 'envelopes' made from flyscreen to hold my watercure material.

muA

Good idea!

#12 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:26 AM

Thank you Tink, Medi, and my friend Graywolf. It did work well, so it is an option if needed. I know one member had lime sprayed all over his herb by building renovations. This would work for him too, to get rid of that. Peace

#13 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

Poor bugger!...hope it works well for him!

#14 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

Back from the dead...literally!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:46 AM

JAngel,

You are an amazing woman...you know that right??? OMG...I am sitting here typing on the laptop in my courtyard...pic will explain everything....

http://www.greenpass...=1&d=1277789816

So it is a beautiful night after a wonderful day of thunderstorms and rain...something we desperately need here in the desert!

The oil has now been made and it is time for me to head inside and make me some MUFFINS!!!!

Thanks again for posting this JAngel! Good read for learning new things and spending some nice time under the stars awaiting for the alcohol to vape off!

Sandia :)

Attached Files

#15 Stoned Ranger

Stoned Ranger

Medicine Maker/Healer/Derelect

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

I have been gone too long and have missed out on a lot. Thank you for this post. I will integrate this in my process. I too have learned that chlorophyll is beneficial too. Good job on all the hard work and testimonial for people to discover how to help themselves.
  • jangel, Itinkso and DogFaceDude like this

#16 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

Thank you my friend.

I am also wondering how long and what would be left if we continued to water cure this....could we actually with the water get rid of all the leaf matter totally?

What would this leave? would there be anything left or would the cbd's etc also be gone....just pushing the envelope a bit more to see what our brains think.

Peace Posted Image

#17 Dez

Dez

Budster

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:10 PM

I find during water curing, 7-9 days is pushing it. The water curing leaves at about seven days seem to get really slimy and foamy, if that makes sense. I don't know what's going on there but I tend to treat that as the cutoff point for water curing. Lately I water cure for four days, then let it air dry. Just enough to get rid of any ferts (had a lot mold issues this year).

Thank you my friend.

I am also wondering how long and what would be left if we continued to water cure this....could we actually with the water get rid of all the leaf matter totally?

What would this leave? would there be anything left or would the cbd's etc also be gone....just pushing the envelope a bit more to see what our brains think.

Peace Posted Image

• Itinkso, DogFaceDude and sandbreak like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users