Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What's the best strain for Bipolar Disorder?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#51 larry1369

larry1369

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:49 AM

God I wish we all could meet someday :)

Yeah and enjoy a fatty of some dank.....Lol
  • Itinkso and Transcendence like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 iowabush

iowabush

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

consider the orchestra of almost 70 different cannabinoids in each plant! all genetically controlled and of varying psychotropic effect. of course you're confused. we have been held in the dark ages by pukes of the fed on their marijuana witch humt. there aren't any marijuana witches, just marijuana witch hunters. we will gather the science once we force the liars into compliance with the will of the plebiscite/people. I contacted Tom latham, iowa rep about medical cannabis for the vets and he responded with a letter about how he is happy to hear from me and he is working on taxes. no direct answer whatsoever., he is a pot nazi. they hate me. I am so glad! I wouldn't want to be loved by such a deciever and puke. he needs another letter. calms em right down :)

#53 strider

strider

Calif. Caregiver

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationLeft Coast

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:30 AM

Wife really likes the heavy-hitter indicas for management of her bi-polarism. Romulan, God Bud and Blue Buddha are her favorites. She will also use a Michoacan sativa for her morning smoke with no ill effects.
  • Itinkso, Transcendence and sandbreak like this

#54 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

Sativa as up and indica as down? muA

#55 Lumix

Lumix

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:35 AM

I'm pretty sure sativa's are generally better for BD then indica's 99% what's on the street is always indica and where the comments are always the association of paranoia.

#56 HerbErb

HerbErb

Hindsight is 2010.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:01 AM

Inhaled much mexican schwagg way back when. Seemed to me that sativas are the paranoia-inducers. I don't have bipolar disorder (got gripes with calling it a disorder, like PMS is a disorder), but my friends with it say paranoia just destroys them. Daytime (the strain) is a very clear and energetic buzz, and they ask for it specifically. I wish I knew where to get it regularly. Does anyone know of a strain you would call a 'thinking' buzz? I hear there's a clone called Genius around that is like that, but I've never seen one. As for what's on the streets these days, I do my best to avoid it, but I'm sure you're right that most of it's indica, with the shorter flower period and all.
  • Itinkso, Transcendence and sandbreak like this

#57 Guest_J.W._*

Guest_J.W._*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

Inhaled much mexican schwagg way back when. Seemed to me that sativas are the paranoia-inducers. I don't have bipolar disorder (got gripes with calling it a disorder, like PMS is a disorder), but my friends with it say paranoia just destroys them. Daytime (the strain) is a very clear and energetic buzz, and they ask for it specifically. I wish I knew where to get it regularly. Does anyone know of a strain you would call a 'thinking' buzz? I hear there's a clone called Genius around that is like that, but I've never seen one.

As for what's on the streets these days, I do my best to avoid it, but I'm sure you're right that most of it's indica, with the shorter flower period and all.

TGA has a couple strains that are described as a thinking buzz. Vortex, Apollo 13 (Vortex's mama), and Qleaner are all hybrids that are supposed to have interesting combinations of mind and body buzzes.

#58 HerbErb

HerbErb

Hindsight is 2010.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

Vortex? Really? I've tried it, and like it, but what I noticed about it is the SERIOUS munchies is causes. It's a good one for my old internal injuries for just that reason. Apollo 13 I've heard is pretty clear-headed, and I just fig'rd it was a refinement of Apollo 11, which I put in the same bucket as Twisted Sister for the grin factor. I wasn't aware that was a TGA strain. Very good to know. Thank you.

#59 HerbErb

HerbErb

Hindsight is 2010.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

Silly me. Just visited Subcool's site for the first time. I'm kinda slow. Silly me, again, cuz I spend lots of time showing people HempDepot, so they don't get burned on seeds, and--Waddayano!-Apollo 13! Right there at the top of Subcool's offerings. Duh.

#60 Guest_J.W._*

Guest_J.W._*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, Vortex is known for the mucnhies, and for nausea/intestinal pain relief. I haven't smoked any yet -- I have some growing now, about a month from finish, and it's looking good. I can't wait! As for the high, I just know Sub describes it as a bizarre, thinking, contemplating-type high, and that he often writes while stoned on Vortex. He also said that occasionally Vortex phenos resemble mama (Apollo 13) almost exactly, for what that's worth as well. I mention Qleaner because I want to run that strain soon, and it's supposed to really have a clean, even mind/body narcotic high. Hopefully I'll know from experience soon!

#61 medicalmatt

medicalmatt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

I use FLO for BPD. It is very motivating and upbeat. Jilly Bean also helps me greatly.

#62 MandyKan

MandyKan

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

I've been saying for years that cannabis works wonders for bipolar, guess they're FINALLY listening.

I manage my bipolar disorder very well with sativa strains when i'm depressed and indicas when I'm manic, with exceptions.

certain strains that I have used with favorable results are: cheese, g13, nyc diesel, blueberry, bubblegum.

I think really almost any cannabis will help, but some strains have particular cannabinoid ratios that lend themselves to BP disorder.

I totally agree. I have only tried Cheese, Blueberry, and NYC deisel, and all of them worked wonders for me. The blueberry is the best I have ever had... stick2dancing.gif. There is none around right now, and it is VERY expensive when it is, but it makes up the difference in price since I use far less than I do with commercial "regs" (as the young guys call it)...lol

I have never been diagnosed with BPD but I suspect I may have it, I just don't trust conventional medicine... MJ is the only thing that works for my moods though, and if I do not have any I am in a funk until I get more...

Check out the jar of BB in the pik :) I wish I had a little of that right now...

Attached Files

#63 AncientGreen

AncientGreen

Exploring everything Green, 1 by 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:12 AM

Hey guys, I don't know if anyone already posted this, I tried to read as many of the notes as possible. But this is what I've found works for my bi-polar. Three types of weed, highs, mids, and lows. Used for different levels of bi-polar... and varied use each day. This ensures that you don't get too used to one or the other, and so overall, they all have more effectiveness on the bi-polar. Specific strains I wouldn't know about, I never really bothered to find out that kind of stuff until recently. But, Any High, mid and lows will work interchangeable as long as you stagger them. You save a lot of money this way too! (omg, I'm so psyched to start growing!!!)
  • Itinkso, Transcendence and FarmerLiz like this

#64 playk328

playk328

Seasoned Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:05 AM

My wife seems to be bipolar, and I have tried smoking indicas and sativas with her, she just gets more paranoid.

#65 gymshoes

gymshoes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

I am a diagnosed Bi-polar patient and i have found that every strain i grow and smoke makes me feel better. HOWEVER... i am a light smoker! If i don't get off on 3-4 tokes i say goodby to that strain.
  • Transcendence likes this

#66 Transcendence

Transcendence

South of Heaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationUnder the Sun, High watchng the Waves

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

Like this thread! Like your grows and choice of strains even more Lumtx, Haha....Umm yeah that test is right on the $$$

#67 Jeroen

Jeroen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Mad Shack is the best for bipolars ;)

#68 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

i have heard of bi polars being sent into swing using sativas. they stick with indica strains.

#69 FarmerLiz

FarmerLiz

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

I gotta agree with AncientGreen, a mix works best for me if I can get it. Something light and happy early, something to make me sleepy at night(still looking for this one), and something middle of the road for switching out the other two. I've been really wanting to run Jillybean because of the strong anti-depressants, and I am sure I will grab some at some point. I'm pretty odd, so what works for me may not work for anybody else. I don't know what kinda crazy chemical soup I got cooking away up in my brain, but it sure makes life interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users