Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What's the best strain for Bipolar Disorder?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#26 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

LOL, I'm taking Sherlock Holmes course by mail :stick out tongue:

LMAO!!!!highfivegif
  • Lumix, Bueller, alienascii and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Lumix

Lumix

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

Laughing sure the hell helps me with any problems I have, thank you :stick out tongue:
  • Bueller, Itinkso, alienascii and 1 other like this

#28 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

LOL...your welcome...laughter comes a very close second to MJ in the medicine stakes!!!!
  • Lumix, Bueller, alienascii and 3 others like this

#29 Lumix

Lumix

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

Why yes it dose :stick out tongue:
  • Bueller, Itinkso, alienascii and 1 other like this

#30 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

debs....i'm really sorry......you're waiting for useful posts to appear here and i've instigated yet ANOTHER kak talking session!!!! i promise to shuddup now!!! shuddup lu too!!!! LOL!!!

Edited by Itinkso, 26 June 2010 - 04:25 PM.

• Lumix, Bueller, Transcendence and 1 other like this

#31 Lumix

Lumix

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

News coming in..................

Bipolar - great care should be taken in recommending strains. Any could prove problematic.
Caution – Affie, Purple Erkel,
Not Recommended – OG Kush, Silk

• Bueller, Itinkso, Transcendence and 1 other like this

#32 Trogdor

Trogdor

Resident Deprogrammer

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:27 PM

My understanding is that CBD is itself a direct anti-psychotic, which is why it should be good for BPD. Grandaddy Purple is just a fantastic strain.
  • Lumix, Itinkso, Transcendence and 1 other like this

#33 alienascii

alienascii

Extraterrestrial Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

GDP is fantastic :stick out tongue: hmm that's weird. I've smoked a good deal of both OG kush and purple erkle this month and not noticed any negative effects... I fkn love OG Kush

#34 Lumix

Lumix

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

GDP is fantastic highfivegif hmm that's weird. I've smoked a good deal of both OG kush and purple erkle this month and not noticed any negative effects... I fkn love OG Kush

I cut an paste that may not be perfect, every strain effect everyone just a little different to.

Some will make me fell like I was shot in the neck with a dart and chased by a helicopter, :stick out tongue:

Like today (Sannie Jack) makes me laugh :)
  • Itinkso and DEBhasgrn like this

#35 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:44 PM

Mood Swings on a Bungee Cord?....TH@'s ME! Muhahahhahaha...ick..ulp...eerrr...yeah I suffer from them too. I have found eating cannabis products better than smoking...longer benefits...less wild swings and 'smoother' transitional periods. muA
  • Itinkso, Transcendence, sandbreak and 1 other like this

#36 Guest_J.W._*

Guest_J.W._*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:08 AM

Well MuA, I have a family member who is bipolar and smokes, although she doesn't know too much about weed really. She knows quality stuff when she's sees it, but she's clueless about all things growing, including variety characteristics such as indica, sativa, etc. I have smoked with her quite a bit, and I've noticed that sativa type highs do seem to help her in her down times, and picks her up a little. When she's in a mania, however, I'm not so sure cannabis will do much except maybe couch lock her if it's a strong indica. Those manias are when you really notice how bipolar works. If you find more out about this, please do tell. I'll pass the info on to help her :frown:

#37 alienascii

alienascii

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:09 AM

I cut an paste that may not be perfect, every strain effect everyone just a little different to.

Some will make me fell like I was shot in the neck with a dart and chased by a helicopter, :frown:

Like today (Sannie Jack) makes me laugh :)

hey I'm not saying it's wrong, everyone reacts differently to different strains. :)
  • Lumix, Itinkso and Transcendence like this

#38 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:24 AM

Mania is the best time to EAT something with cannabis in it{imo and Experience}....but you want more of the sleepy couch lock type of cannabis...hashplant-like or dark trichs, rather than something th@ speeds the mind up.

I also mix'N'match a bit of one and some of the other, to get something th@ works @ the time.

muA
  • Itinkso, Transcendence and sandbreak like this

#39 alienascii

alienascii

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:54 AM

Mania is the best time to EAT something with cannabis in it{imo and Experience}....but you want more of the sleepy couch lock type of cannabis...hashplant-like or dark trichs, rather than something th@ speeds the mind up.

I also mix'N'match a bit of one and some of the other, to get something th@ works @ the time.

muA

I definitely agree. i used to smoke bowls of huge trich bubba kush kif when manic. :frown:

#40 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:26 AM

Th@ makes me feel better...was not sure if it was just ME! lol muA

#41 Guest_J.W._*

Guest_J.W._*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:57 PM

That's what I figured guys -- polar opposite cannabis effects for polar opposite moods. I'm going to see how Vortex works for her in her depressions, as TGA says that Vortex is good for nausea, pains and cramps, and mood elevation. I'm also going to take a page from your book Medi-useA and make some oils and such. You guys rock.

#42 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

One other thing that is worth looking into. My honey had been diagnosed as bipolar 20 years ago. He now owns his own business and really noticed how he could not focus at times. It was driving him nuts. So much to do and all by himself and no focus?? Anyway, I found an adult ADD ADHD diagnosis chart from Johns Hopkins. He fit so many positives in it. He had brought it up to his doc and his doc had given him the child one....this is so ignored in adults. So "Can't stand in line" and "blurts out answers in class" was not cutting it for him, but the adult chart showed he WAS ADD. He is now on ritalin and it has improved his life 200%. His doctor apoligized to him and said he should of caught this 20 years ago. he has apoligized every time he has seen him since then so this arrogant doctor has been taught a thing or two....I am working on the MMJ bit next. Check this chart out and do the test...see if this too could be part of the problem.

Attached Files

#43 alienascii

alienascii

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

wow that's kind of funny with me they mis-diagnosed me as ADD before diagnosing me bipolar. they gave me amphetamines, and other drugs that really f'd up my bipolar disorder.
  • Itinkso and Transcendence like this

#44 Lumix

Lumix

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

One other thing that is worth looking into.

My honey had been diagnosed as bipolar 20 years ago. He now owns his own business and really noticed how he could not focus at times. It was driving him nuts. So much to do and all by himself and no focus??

Anyway, I found an adult ADD ADHD diagnosis chart from Johns Hopkins. He fit so many positives in it. He had brought it up to his doc and his doc had given him the child one....this is so ignored in adults.

So "Can't stand in line" and "blurts out answers in class" was not cutting it for him, but the adult chart showed he WAS ADD. He is now on ritalin and it has improved his life 200%. His doctor apoligized to him and said he should of caught this 20 years ago. he has apoligized every time he has seen him since then so this arrogant doctor has been taught a thing or two....I am working on the MMJ bit next.

Check this chart out and do the test...see if this too could be part of the problem.

Thank you for the test, I was OK in part A
The A section establish going on to part B in the Dr diagnosis..........
Part B is where I fall apart, they would get me for ADD with 9 in the shaded boxes. monkeysmilie2gif glad I know.
The Ritalin additionally used with cannabis been OK, any side effects for them?
Thanks again

#45 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

Nope....just increased balance in moods, control over his focus and no up and down moods that are abnormal. You have to understand, this man has been through very very extreme depressive periods, been in and out of the hospital for a few years. Been treated as an out patiant for near 9 months, dealing with this. He spent the better part of 3 years curled up in a ball in bed, from depression. And I could go on and on and on.... Now, he is totally better. Normal mood swings, which are to be expected and are normal. When a person has been like this for so long, any sign of depression starts a panic, so he has had to get used to what is actually a normal spread of mood shifts, that everyone has. Due to going through this he is very aware of any changes. Just trying to help here, and this might not be true for others, but it is indeed worth considering. Good luck Lumix

#46 Lumix

Lumix

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

Thanks Jangel I got this list today from a friend in Cally that goes to the dispensary's MK-Ultra Any African Sativa as they give no anxiety S3-Mass Super Skunk variant Blue Dream-Haze Pheno LA Confidential K4 Burgundy OG Sour Bubble V.4 Blue Queen Kali Mist -small dose .1 of a gram caution you may over medicate Blue Berry- Small dose .1 of gram caution you may over medicate White Force

#47 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

very cool lu!
  • Transcendence likes this

#48 alienascii

alienascii

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

great list thanks for sharing! shakehands.gif

#49 HerbErb

HerbErb

Hindsight is 2010.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:57 AM

For Bipolar, I think it's best to stick with indicas mostly, but there are a couple sativas or mostly sativas that are worth checking out: Twisted Sister and Daytime. Daytime looks indica, but the buzz is energectic, happy, and focused. Twisted Sister is pure happiness. I've grown both, and love both immeasureably. I've raised DT from seed, but TS from clone only, so I'm not even sure seeds for her exist. In fact, I'm trying to find her now. Does anyone know of a seedbank for her? I gifted my momma clone to a medical clinic, not thinking my garden would get stolen, but it happened. Now I'm not close to that clinic, so I can't just go get her.

#50 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:12 AM

Fekkin thieves! If they get caught and do time...how about time tending cannabis for the peeps they robbed, huh? muA

Edited by medi-useA, 29 June 2010 - 10:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users