33 replies to this topic

#1 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

Just came across this little gem for those who want CBD, but not THC.

ACCESSING 0.5 to 2.0 GRAMS CBD
FRACTIONATING THE PHYTOCANNABINOIDS BY THEIR VAPORIZATION POINTS

http://leavesofgrass...annabinoids.pdf

Patients can use heat to fractionate or separate the active ingredients in cannabis by their vaporization or boiling points. In particular for those patients that need relief from pain, inflammation, muscle spasm and or anxiety during the daytime CBD or Cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid that once separated from THC. CBD is a uniquely potent antioxidant that can cross the blood-brain barrier in addition to CBD’s ability to reduce anxiety, pain and inflammation outside the CNS (Central Nervous System). Interestingly, CBD is claimed in United States Patent 6,630,507, which notably has been assigned to the United States of America Dept of Health and Human Services. In particular note the definitions of Oxidative Associated Diseases for which CBD is ideally suited.

Once convinced of the utility of this non-psychoactive phyto-cannabinoid, the challenge is how to extract it from cannabis. Of the strains in this county Northern Lights has the highest CBD concentration at 1.0%. Since a pound of cannabis weighs 454 grams, there is 4.5 grams of CBD available. Another strain, White Russian has 2.0% CBD. White Russian is reportedly sensitive to mold but if compatible with your environment, it would be a 100% improvement in CBD concentration. While some might raise their eyebrows at the low amount of CBD present per pound of cannabis, it is important to know that there is 10 to 100 times more CBD per pound of cannabis than Vit C per pound of fresh oranges, for oranges 3 months old it would require 20 to 200 times as much raw material to produce an equivalent 500 mg daily dose.

An article in The Journal of Autoimmunity showed that at particular mouse strain that develops diabetes 86% of the time and is the animal model on which oral and injectable anti-diabetic medications are tested, when given 5 mg/kg body weight per day, 60% DID NOT GO ON TO DEVELOP DIABETES. This would have to be the greatest demonstration of an ‘ounce’ of prevention is worth a pound of cure. There was poster presented at the International Cannabinoid Research Society meeting this last summer that used a dose of 10 mg/ kg which would be equivalent to 1,000 mg / day for 190 pound patient.

Specifically, since Delta 9 THC vaporizes at 157 degrees centigrade and CBD vaporizes at 188 degrees centigrade, this difference can be used to separate these components. Given the predominance of THC (94% of all cannabinoids present) it is necessary to lower the THC content before collecting the CBD or the level of intoxication is so prohibitive as to prevent access to an adequate amount of CBD. The most efficient approach is to use a variable temperature heat gun. This can be calibrated the heat gun to 166 degree centigrade with the Fluke Digital Thermometer available in the waiting room. At this temperature THC is converted into a vapor and removed. Now you have pre-heated low THC cannabis which can be placed in a collection vaporizer such as a Volcano set at the 6 position or if you have a digital at 190 degrees centigrade to convert CBD from a liquid to a vapor. If there is too much residual THC effect you can raise the preheat temperature to 176 degrees centigrade because a few strains do have some Delta 8 THC, which vaporizes at 175 degrees compared to Delta 9, which vaporizes at 157 degrees centigrade. Please note that I carry a Fluke digital thermometer with which you can calibrate your variable temperature heat gun.

Alternatively the high CBD cannabis created by stripping out the THC can be used by any means if you do have access to a collecting vaporizer. The amount of THC removed is a function of how finely the cannabis was ground to increase the surface area and how long it is heated. It requires a shift in thinking in that there can be powerful medical benefits without the familiar THC effect, for many older patients this can be comforting information. Once again to develop an appreciation for the breadth of medical utility attributed to CBD please review the patent currently held by the United States a copy of which is available at www.LeavesOf Grass.info.

157 C = 315 F, 175 C = 349 F, 190 C = 374 F It appears that if one person wanted the THC effect, and another just wanted the CBD, they could both get what they want from the same vaping by adjusting the temperature! The THC lover goes first, then a 2nd higher temperature session for the CBD patient! - Granny nailbiting.gif

Edited by Storm Crow, 02 June 2010 - 02:37 PM.

• Michael, wereallstoned, CAMSTER626 and 17 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

OMG...storm....you rock........awesome info!!!
  • wereallstoned, CAMSTER626, robotdinosaur and 2 others like this

#3 Vapor

Vapor

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

Good Info. I have been penny pinching lately and had to revape an ounce and noticed the difference right away nailbiting.gif I've also made oil out of vaporized stuff and anyone that tried it got blasted couldn't believe I vaped it 1 time already. :pns: Vapor Dad
  • wereallstoned, CAMSTER626, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#4 ion magic

ion magic

crone

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

granny, you are AMAZING and a gift to the world....thank you.

I'm in love with cannabinoids...CBDs....which regulate our endocrine system though CBD receptors, which regulates and harmonizes ALL our other body systems....and which soothes and calms like a kiss from a goddess...CBDs are miraculous to me!

It was the THC that brought me to cannabis many decades ago....for the sporadic escape and relief it provides...but its the CBDs that left their taste in my consciousness, and turned me into an advocate, and a serious, dedicated medicator and "unlegalization" advocate...and led me to my mantra....FREETHE PLANT!

CBDs are, at least for me...miraculous, and a swear....rejuvenating....all the little "deteriorations" of an old lady's body....are disappearing....just falling away, one by one....and quickly forgotten....my skin, my hair, my eyes, my hearing, my creeks and crinkles and groans....my pain, my raging hormones, my lack of energy, my feeling like a walking death, my muddy thinking, my uninspired creativity....all of it....are being restored to their earlier function. I swear...I've lost 20 years of aging in the last two years as a medical marijuana patient ...because of the cannabinoids....and I'm just getting started!

I get my CBDs from organic, outdoor homegrown sativas....and I medicate by eating and topical oils, rather than smoking or vaping. One little dropper of cannabis tincture (glycerine) under the tongue in the morning and another one at night....and three square medicated meals, and I'm like a fairy sparkle all day long, and a sleeping giant at night....without being stoned. And, when I'm particularly healthy or fiesty, i can just vape or smoke some of the precious bud for a nice phat kick in the consciousness. I use every molecule of the plant, not a single bit goes to waste. Today its sweet potato pie, the crust made with cannaFLOUR I ground myself and cannabutter I made from shake, stems, and every single leaf....what lovely color...green and orange!

When i first starting using cannabis for the cannabinoids just under two years ago, my body was THIRSTY...and I couldn't get enough...I put cannabutter and cannaolive oil on EVERYTHING...and slathered it all over my skin all day long.....and i took tinctures and elixers... I just used and used and used ..constantly.....until, before long, the "satisfaction" stabilized..that awful "gnawing" feeling disappeared.... and now I sometimes go all day and forget to medicate....truth! I'm quenched, and suspect I'm either at a maintenance level, or have some additional. and possibly HUGE body changes in store. Seriously, I've started counting my age BACKWARD!

Call it intuition...or the power of the focused mind....but I'm convinced that
"cannabinoid depletion" is the root of about 90% of all human disease.

...so, no wonder our lovely plant its a "controlled substance" .....we can't have people living long and productive lives filled with joy and laughter....no telling what we'd get up to!

I love you, granny...you are a heroine to me and i bless you every day.
you are beautiful,
ion
  • Storm Crow, wereallstoned, CAMSTER626 and 12 others like this

#5 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:24 PM

granny, you are AMAZING and a gift to the world....thank you.

I'm in love with cannabinoids...CBDs....which regulate our endocrine system though CBD receptors, which regulates and harmonizes ALL our other body systems....and which soothes and calms like a kiss from a goddess...CBDs are miraculous to me!

It was the THC that brought me to cannabis many decades ago....for the sporadic escape and relief it provides...but its the CBDs that left their taste in my consciousness, and turned me into an advocate, and a serious, dedicated medicator and "unlegalization" advocate...and led me to my mantra....FREETHE PLANT!

CBDs are, at least for me...miraculous, and a swear....rejuvenating....all the little "deteriorations" of an old lady's body....are disappearing....just falling away, one by one....and quickly forgotten....my skin, my hair, my eyes, my hearing, my creeks and crinkles and groans....my pain, my raging hormones, my lack of energy, my feeling like a walking death, my muddy thinking, my uninspired creativity....all of it....are being restored to their earlier function. I swear...I've lost 20 years of aging in the last two years as a medical marijuana patient ...because of the cannabinoids....and I'm just getting started!

I get my CBDs from organic, outdoor homegrown sativas....and I medicate by eating and topical oils, rather than smoking or vaping. One little dropper of cannabis tincture (glycerine) under the tongue in the morning and another one at night....and three square medicated meals, and I'm like a fairy sparkle all day long, and a sleeping giant at night....without being stoned. And, when I'm particularly healthy or fiesty, i can just vape or smoke some of the precious bud for a nice phat kick in the consciousness. I use every molecule of the plant, not a single bit goes to waste. Today its sweet potato pie, the crust made with cannaFLOUR I ground myself and cannabutter I made from shake, stems, and every single leaf....what lovely color...green and orange!

When i first starting using cannabis for the cannabinoids just under two years ago, my body was THIRSTY...and I couldn't get enough...I put cannabutter and cannaolive oil on EVERYTHING...and slathered it all over my skin all day long.....and i took tinctures and elixers... I just used and used and used ..constantly.....until, before long, the "satisfaction" stabilized..that awful "gnawing" feeling disappeared.... and now I sometimes go all day and forget to medicate....truth! I'm quenched, and suspect I'm either at a maintenance level, or have some additional. and possibly HUGE body changes in store. Seriously, I've started counting my age BACKWARD!

...so, no wonder our lovely plant its a "controlled substance" .....we can't have people living long and productive lives filled with joy and laughter....no telling what we'd get up to!

I love you, granny...you are a heroine to me and i bless you every day.
you are beautiful,
ion

wow ion.....i love storm....but i love you too.......you are an inspiration......nailbiting.gif
  • wereallstoned, GeeGee and DogFaceDude like this

#6 wereallstoned

wereallstoned

its always 4:20 :)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1490 posts
  • LocationBay Area California

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

I'm convinced that "cannabinoid depletion" is the root of about 90% of all human disease.

i agree wholeheartedly. disease of spirit as well as body.

theyre catching on to this in the california medical scene...the dispensary i frequent is working on breeding select strains that are high in cbd and low in thc

http://www.examiner....th-cannabinoids

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Cannabidiol

CBD-RICH CANNABIS Is CBD-rich cannabis right for you?
Harborside Health Center is now offering a different type of medical cannabis -- strains that are relatively high in Cannabidol (CBD).
CBD is non-intoxicating. Patients who appreciate the euphoric effect of high-THC cannabis will probably not favor CBD-rich strains.
On the other hand, patients who want the anti-spasm or anti-inflammatory effects of cannabis delievered without an accompanying "high" might prefer a CBD-rich strain. CBD-rich cannabis is potentially effective, according to European and Israeli researchers, in easing the symptoms of rhumatoid arthritis, diabetes, nausea, and inflammatory bowel disorders, among other difficult-to-control conditions.
The safety of CBD has been well established in clinical trials in England, where a pharmaceutical company produces a CBD-rich plant extract with government approval.
In offering CBD-rich cannabis, Harborside staff -- and collective members who choose to try it out -- are participating in basic medical research. We are taking steps to determine which compounds in the plant are responsible for its varied effects on the mind and body. We look forward to the day when government health authorities take responsibility for this research.
  • CAMSTER626, GeeGee, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#7 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

And a little more about CBD...even though it kinda turns into a commercial about half way through.

http://www.counterpu...er07142007.html
(article may take a moment or two to load)
  • jangel, wereallstoned, GeeGee and 3 others like this

#8 time4me

time4me

nature lover

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:48 PM

It's my understanding that ruderalis cross breeds tend to be higher in CBD's, and can also be autoflowering. I am thinking I would like to try this.
  • wereallstoned, GeeGee, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#9 Dez

Dez

Budster

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

I've read that water curing is detrimental to CBDs. Anybody else hear this?
  • Itinkso and DogFaceDude like this

#10 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:05 AM

i used to vaporize at 360 f which left the cbd for futher extraction into pain meds.
  • Itinkso, DogFaceDude and sandbreak like this

#11 VTHeads

VTHeads

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

I am also curious about this...

#12 STICKY

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

::bump::

#13 Radic

Radic

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationNimbin

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

greetnz

no
cannabinoils are not water soluble
:D:
realeyes can see this is digging up some old stuff
seen

right on sista
your intuition rulez

endocannabinoid deficiency syndrome is a real sufferance that has been proven to kill babies and imho allows most ailments to get out of control

blocked receptor sites can cause big problems too

storm you rule sistern
nuff raspect everytime

Delta 9 THC vaporizes at 157 degrees centigrade and CBD vaporizes at 188 degrees centigrade, this difference can be used to separate these components.

inside the working vaporizer there is a complex chain reaction happining to all the cannabinoils also
the heating, blowing air and light also causes CBG to break down into CBD and CBD into THC and THC into CBN ect.,.
dema say
only 2% of the THC in a spliff or a cone survives to get into your blood
that is strictly hear/say
i have never seen the science to back it up
but i see the light of the reasoning due to the nature of the cannabinoils response to heat, light, and air
you know,.,.,
the ting that really love is that it still --->works
even when we try experiments like fractional vaporisation for specific medicinal qualities
we still get relief
are we blessed????????
or is quantum physics responsible????????

irey guidance

#14 Guest_SomeDude_*

Guest_SomeDude_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

http://www.projectcbd.com/index.html Project CBD is a non-profit educational service dedicated to promoting and publicizing research into the medical utility of cannabidiol (CBD) and other components of the Cannabis plant. It was conceived by two journalists who have been covering the medical marijuana movement / industry in the pages of O’Shaughnessy’s. We think the reintroduction of CBD-rich Cannabis into the grassroots supply warrants special focus. We support the Society of Cannabis Clinicians' effort to collect, aggregate and publish data from patients to determine patterns of efficacy—or lack of efficacy. —Fred Gardner and Martin Lee High CBD strains: JamaicanLion (8-9% CBD, 5.5-6.5% THC.) http://www.projectcb...maicanLion.html TrueBlueberryOGKush (9.4% CBD, 4.8% THC) http://www.projectcb...erryOGKush.html Juanita.la.Lagrimosa (8.8% CBD, 6.8% THC) http://www.projectcb....Lagrimosa.html Harlequin (4% CBD, 2% THC) http://www.projectcb.../Harlequin.html Mazs.Cheese http://www.projectcb...azs.Cheese.html Sour Tsunami (10-11% CBD, 6-7% THC) http://www.projectcb...y.html#Mar01.11 Cannatonic (13% CBD) http://www.projectcb...Cannatonic.html Misty (7% CBD, 10% THC) http://www.projectcb...isty/Misty.html Good Medicine (9.03% CBD, 8.2%THC) http://www.projectcb...odMedicine.html more........... http://www.projectcb...ailability.html stanandollie.gif

#15 Guest_SomeDude_*

Guest_SomeDude_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

There is a bunch of nice CBD info on that site as well.. enjoy!

#16 Philoanon

Philoanon

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNOW!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

yup to all the above! Again strom you totaly rule... shine ;)I just picked up some white russian and northen lights for oil extraction... got some aurora indica on the upward move the noo too and am definetly gettin some of the juanita la lagrimosa from reggae seeds "lady of tears" damm! CBD for me man... its pulling me in like gravity!!MUCH LOVEPercy

#17 Philoanon

Philoanon

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNOW!

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

ooooh yeah, just purchased Juanita La Lagrimosa seeds rotflmaogif oh man i canny wait heheehe. mmmwaa Thanks for the final push storm x

#18 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

I knew that people were breeding For CBD, it's good to know there's been a good amount of success.

#19 freetolive

freetolive

Lifetime Learner

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1539 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Awesome info!

#20 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:08 AM

encouraging to read the updates on higher CBD strains, which are what 'm looking for (and needing for meds). Thanks to Granny and everyone else who's been contributing info. to this thread.

#21 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

just a side note for everyone to be aware of...cannatonic did not do well in testing....a number of different plants were tested and there were wild fluctuations with content.... i'll be back with link to said article...but just something to be aware of....
  • GeeGee and DogFaceDude like this

#22 BarefootJoe

BarefootJoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

That was a great article, I loved your idea at the end to give the CBD's to the one that wants them, and the same with THC.

#23 hinduhippy

hinduhippy

Medical Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

AWESOME!! There quote up top is a Grateful Dead song!!!

#24 hinduhippy

hinduhippy

Medical Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

this is very good info but we must also counteract how some strains THC turns into THC-V. And when/if this happens is that THC temperature going to include the V or not?

#25 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:02 AM

I don't have the bucks to throw at an expensive vape and am wondering if anyone has suggestions on good (but lower-priced) vapes that can work for getting as much CBD as possible? (I need to tone down intoxicant effects and am not a smoker of anything; was hooked on too much tobacco for too many years to be willing to think about that for meds... no sense getting my nicotine, chain-smoking former self stirred up.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users