Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo

After a LONG time....Sandia's first grow!!!!

• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#51 CAMSTER626

CAMSTER626

Professional Stoner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • LocationSO.CAL-SGV

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

Looking stellar Sandia...Keep up the awesome work dude =) CAM-
  • jangel, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 11 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 CaliWildViolet420

CaliWildViolet420

Certified Caregiver Cultivator

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • LocationMountains

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

Hi buddy,,,I am just getting caught up on your grows...so I do have some concerns..>however they are beautiful!!! You are a natural... If you continue to use the cups...You can put a small piece of sponge cut into the bottom of the cups to hold the moisture for the tiny plants....and not just water but mist them ... You are doing a great job....I am not quite getting the 24 hour lights, but if it is working....keep doing what works......love it!!
  • CAMSTER626, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 11 others like this

#53 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

Back from the dead...literally!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

Hi Cali! Thanks for stopping and checking in on me!!!!wall.gif The 24 hour light cycle is simply because I do not fully trust the timer yet. I had a GFCI extension on it that would "trip" when the timer went on and off. As a result I have it running on a separate circuit to see if it is the timer or it is the GFCI extension cord. I have figured out that it was the GFCI extension cord the other day and since they appear to be doing just fine at this point I am leaving them on the 24/7 cycle until Sunday when I hook up the MH/ballast. ----------------- It is D+8 now and they seem to be all pretty happy in their environment. Temps at leaf level are usually around 80 and the soil temp is right at 78 or so. Still have the fan blowing gently over the plants and the humidity is 30-35%. We live in the high desert so getting the humidity up is kind of tough and since they appear fine I don't want to raise it any for now. Watering has gone from using the spray bottle to simply gently pouring a little water into the cups so that I get some run off out the holes in the bottom. It takes about 24 hours for the soil to become dry. So far they all look pretty much the same as each other but the second set of leaves are really visible now. Below are some pics of them that I shot a little bit ago. The third picture below is the one that is the "Fast Grower"....not sure why this one likes to shoot up but it definitely likes to! It is a Vortex. My next step is to figure out what types of nutrients they may need. NOT starting them til at least 2 weeks from start and will be VERY light on them. Nursery carries all of the Fox Farms lineup but to be honest it is all really confusing reading the labels on what to use. Gotta do some more reading on that! Suggestions in this arena are MORE than welcome! Take care everyone! smhug.gifsmhug.gifsmhug.gif

Attached Files

• jangel, CAMSTER626, PFC Stone and 11 others like this

#54 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:09 AM

Things are going real good Sandia,, I hear ya about the confusion with the fox farm and the others,, Once you figure it out though, you'll be happy with it..
  • CAMSTER626, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 9 others like this

#55 GeeGee

GeeGee

Sheep connoisseur extraordinaire

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:01 AM

Get in touch with Strider, he knows his way with the FF nutes..
  • CAMSTER626, PFC Stone, Bueller and 7 others like this

#56 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

sandia it's a WEED....like all WEEDS , hard to kill......they look healthy so keep doing what your doing.....mostly don't fertilize mine....good start
  • CAMSTER626, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 8 others like this

#57 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

FAQs, Charts and Information check this forum out for all those questions,

Sandia...and in this thread you will find a foxfarm feeding chart.

Charts Graphs & Other Useful Diagrams In this thread there are so many charts and other useful things it will aid you hugely to understand what you are doing. On everything.

Here is the post with the Foxfarm Feeding chart

BUT do not feed those kids until those round water leaves dry up and fall off. It takes as long as it takes, so don't worry and don't go fast with this. The start at a 1/4 dose of what they say at first. Less is more...do not over feed ever as you will kill them.

Peace
  • CAMSTER626, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 9 others like this

#58 IAMMIKE

IAMMIKE

Cheese and Chocolate...try it!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1036 posts
  • LocationMarion, Michigan

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:01 PM

High^^^Sandia,

It's good to see you up and running, and doing well also. I know you are going to do well just remember all that stuff you learned from me?? Forget it, I was wrong... start over ......lol j/k.

You will find that with the 42w sunlight bulbs that they do put off allot of heat at 1-2 inches and tender young plants do not react well to it. move them to 3 inches. You will be happy. But if your tips start to burn move them higher.

Peace
Mike
  • CAMSTER626, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 7 others like this

#59 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

high sandia adding to my flower room got the panda film from the manufacturer, had to run the bill thru a wholesaler so they could mark it up. but it is up now,,,smallest roll i could buy 10 feet wide by 100 foot roll , you need any film....lol. also bought a AC unit to cool the place , 10,000 btu 's, man the outlet is burning hot.hope it will cool down once the room is cooler......don't want to start a fire.
  • CAMSTER626, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 6 others like this

#60 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:57 AM

Thanks for all of the information and well wishes! JAngel....the links you gave will serve me well and I thank you for pointing me to them. Sometimes I get a bit swamped with all of the information on the site and have trouble tracking things down! Plants are doing just fine....not many photos as there aren't many changes. One of the Dairy Queen's is a bit slow out of the gate but they all can't win the race can they? LOL! Here are a couple of shots of the girls....(at least I hope they are girls!) :)

Attached Files

• jangel, CAMSTER626, PFC Stone and 9 others like this

#61 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:36 AM

Looking good Sandia!
  • CAMSTER626, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 7 others like this

#62 Lydia

Lydia

ॐ ॐ ॐ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1784 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

look at you ya big pro ya,... fantastic stuff go sandia go sandia!!!!
  • CAMSTER626, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 5 others like this

#63 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

A firetip glow in the dark and a silent plume of smoke rises from the corner of the room as medi-useA puffs away, and looking on.... muA
  • deventhedude, plant boy, SandiaMts and 2 others like this

#64 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

Glad to see that you all think they are doing well. I know they are happy.....at least I like to think so....LOL! I picked up a gallon of Grow Big (6-4-4) and a bottle of Fertilome Concentrated Neem Oil (just in case!) from the nursery. Some of the "neems" had pyrethrins in them and I wanted to avoid using them if possible. I figured it was better to have this on hand (the neem oil) so that if I needed to use it, I wouldn't be scrambling to the store! Company is coming into town in a few hours. I will get a watering in a bit early and then hopefully will be able to "Sneak" in a water at 24-36 hours. So far 24 hours has been pretty dang close to totally drying out. I am not able to, nor should I, dig around in the soil in the party cups. The growth from last night is pretty minimal. There are many books and magazines that I have seen that show a LOT of growth at the D+9 point. Mine do not look like them but, they do not show ANY signs of problems. I have noticed that the second set of true leaves are getting bigger and that the cotyledons are just starting to curl downward slightly. I will be REALLY scarce until Sunday due to company but I will try to check in every so often for a little bit. Sorry for lack of pictures but "cleaning house" for company sucks and I have put it off way too long!....LOL! Thanks for stopping in and checking on me....it means a great deal!!!!! smhug.gifsmhug.gifsmhug.gif BTW.....the nursery also has a brand of nutrients called "Neptune's Harvest" and I will be reading about them for possible future things!
  • jangel, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 4 others like this

#65 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

Question for you all here..... The "girls" are at D+10 now and seem to be doing well. I have company arriving tonight and it will be a bit "touchy" to get into the "cave" to accomplish the watering without undue attention. With that being said, the usual cycle of watering for me is every 24 hours now with distilled water. The cups are watered gently concentrating on the edges but ensuring the entire area is moist. I wait for runoff to exit before leaving them. Will I be "SAFE" to miss the 24 hour schedule? I plan on watering tonight at 11PM and the next "Scheduled" watering is at 11PM Friday night. Company leaves on Sunday in the wee hours so if for some reason I could not make it into the room, the "girls" would be without for a little bit. My plan is to water them on schedule, or pretty close to it while guests are asleep. Here is a picture of the Vortex and although you may not be able to see it, there is another set of leaves just coming out!!!! Overall there are not too many changes from last night. Thanks for all the input. I will be a bit scarce for a couple of days but will check in as much as I can. Thanks again for all the love and support on this! smhug.gifsmhug.gifsmhug.gif

Attached Files

• PFC Stone, deventhedude, Bueller and 7 others like this

#66 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

They look real nice Sandia,, Don't worry, I am sure they will be fine, You said you will be checking on them when company is sleeping so that should be all good...

#67 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:29 AM

Thanks Deb! Posted a bit in your Outdoor 2010 journal. I just gave the girls a good watering. I did happen to notice that a couple of the first "true" set of leaves (not cotyledons) were actually drooping. Unfortunately for me, I was busy as all get up today and did not notice if this was due to too much water but I don't think so. Heck at this point I am just happy they are GREEN! It will be a good test to see how the they do on a longer than 24 hour period for watering. I will offer this piece of advice to anyone that is considering growing for the first time. This "Hobby", "Passion", "Past time" is very therapeutic....actually helping create life and care for it is pretty amazing! I think I know a little bit about why people that garden do what they do now....VERY RELAXING! Well my company is about 15 minutes from the house so the room is locked up and things are put away. Wish me luck!!!!! The big adventure is when I switch to the 18/6 on Sunday and start using the 1000W Metal Halide......I am really excited to see just how that will work out!!!! Best wishes to all of you and thanks for popping in!!!! :(
  • PFC Stone, deventhedude, Bueller and 9 others like this

#68 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:33 AM

there gonna kick butt that's what is gonna work out lol. good job they look gr8.
  • jangel, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 9 others like this

#69 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

So now that you are hooked...lol....it is a WEED my friend....can bounce back from near death,,,,like a dandilion hard to kill......welcome to the club, we enjoy our green time....all the stresses of life melt away with a watering can in your hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jangel, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 10 others like this

#70 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 22 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

Hi Folks! D+12 here on the babies. Was able to sneak in a watering and take a couple of pictures. They seem to be happy and have noticed that some of the cotyledons are starting to yellow a little bit. I realize that is just the plant using the energy it needs. Here are a couple of pics for ya! xmassmiley40.gif

Attached Files

#71 robotdinosaur

robotdinosaur

Medicinal MJ User/Grower/Advocate

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:01 PM

yah!
  • jangel, deventhedude, Bueller and 7 others like this

#72 *sm420*

*sm420*

Sparkly

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

Look at your cute little babies! Lotsa green mojo comin your way. xmassmiley40.gif
  • jangel, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 10 others like this

#73 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18518 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

had a couple of my own pop thru the dirt will post baby pics soon and my new projects.
  • jangel, PFC Stone, deventhedude and 8 others like this

#74 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:47 PM

Thanks Folks. That's cool you have your own babies now PB!!!! Can't wait to see the pics. Mine are doing fine. Will probably give them a good watering tomorrow morning (36 hours after last water) as we will be out late tonight. I will then be swapping over to the MH light. Just so I am correct, NO NUTES until at least two weeks and ONLY if the cotyledons are dried up and off the main stalk? When I do begin a nutrient regime it will be at no greater than the 1/4 strength ....do NOT want to harm them in any way! Well off to get some lunch with our friends and wanted to stop in!!!!

#75 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

Thanks Folks. That's cool you have your own babies now PB!!!! Can't wait to see the pics.

Mine are doing fine. Will probably give them a good watering tomorrow morning (36 hours after last water) as we will be out late tonight. I will then be swapping over to the MH light.

Just so I am correct, NO NUTES until at least two weeks and ONLY if the cotyledons are dried up and off the main stalk? When I do begin a nutrient regime it will be at no greater than the 1/4 strength ....do NOT want to harm them in any way!

Well off to get some lunch with our friends and wanted to stop in!!!!

You got it sweetie...looking really good buddy! Enjoy your company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users