Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

Is There Anything CBD Canít Do? Then Why Is It Illegal?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

While the prohibition of cannabis is absurd, the ban on the plantís non-psychoactive components is even more mind-boggling ó particularly when itís apparent that these compounds possess amazing therapeutic properties. Case in point: cannabidiol (CBD).

A just published scientific review by Sao Paulo University (Brazil) researcher Antonio Zuardi reports that thereís been an ďexplosive increaseĒ of interest in CBD over the past five years. Itís apparent why.

ďStudies have suggested a wide range of possible therapeutic effects of cannabidiol on several conditions, including Parkinsonís disease, Alzheimerís disease, cerebral ischemia, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, other inflammatory diseases, nausea and cancer,Ē Zuardi writes. Letís look at a few of these in detail, shall we?

1. Antiepileptic action
ďIn 1973, a Brazilian group reported that CBD was active in Ö blocking convulsions produced in experimental animals.Ē

2. Sedative action
ďIn humans with insomnia, high doses of CBD increased sleep duration compared to placebo.Ē

3. Anxiolytic action
ďCBD induces a clear anxiolytic effect and a pattern of cerebral activity compatible with an anxiolytic activity.Ē

4. Antipsychcotic action
ď[C]linical studies suggest that CBD is an effective, safe and well-tolerated alternative treatment for schizophrenic patients.Ē

5. Antidystonic action
ďCBD Ö had antidystonic effects in humans when administered along with standard medication to five patients with dystonia, in an open study.Ē

6. Antioxidative action
ďt was demonstrated that CBD can reduce hydroperoxide-induced oxidative damage as well as or better than other antioxidants. CBD was more protective against glutamate neurotoxicity than either ascorbate or a-tocopherol, indicating that this drug is a potent antioxidant.Ē

7. Neuroprotective action
ďA marked reduction in the cell survival was observed following exposure of cultured rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cells to beta-A peptide. Treatment of the cells with CBD prior to beta-A exposure significantly elevated the cell survival.Ē

8. Antiinflammatory action
ďCBD, administered i.p. or orally, has blocked the progression of arthritis.Ē

9. Cardioprotective action
ďCBD induces a substantial cardioprotective effect.Ē

10. Action on diabetes
ďCBD treatment of NOD (non-obese diabetic) mice before the development of the disease reduced its incidence from 86% in the non-treated control mice to 30% in CBD-treated mice. Ö It was also observed that administration of CBD to 11-14 week old female NOD mice, which were either in a latent diabetes stage or had initial symptoms of diabetes, ameliorated the manifestations of the disease.Ē

11. Antiemetic action
ďThe expression of this conditioned retching reaction was completely suppressed by CBD and delta9-THC, but not by ondansetron, [an] antagonist that interferes with acute vomiting.Ē

12. Anticancer action
ďA study of the effect of different cannabinoids on eight tumor cell lines, in vitro, has clearly indicated that, of the five natural compounds tested, CBD was the most potent inhibitor of cancer cell growth.Ē

In sum, the past 45 years of scientific study on CBD has revealed the compound to be non-toxic, non-psychoactive, and to possess a multitude of therapeutic properties. Yet, to this day it remains illegal to possess or use (and nearly impossible to study in US clinical trials) simply because it is associated with marijuana.

What possible advancements in medical treatment may have been achieved over the past decades had US government officials chosen to advance ó rather than inhibit ó clinical research into CBD (which, under federal law, remains a Schedule I drug defined as having ďno currently accepted medical useĒ)? Perhaps itís time someone asks John Walters or the DEA?

Tags: , anticancer, antiepileptic, antiinflammatory, antioxidant, antipsychotic, anxiolytic, cannabidiol, cardioprotection, CBD, diabetes, ischemia, neuroprotection, Zuardi

http://blog.norml.or...-is-it-illegal/
  • jonnyappleweed420, jangel, Storm Crow and 13 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

sigh..........
  • jonnyappleweed420, wereallstoned, mooonlite13 and 7 others like this

#3 artistickat

artistickat

Happy Camper

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:55 PM

My guess is the reason ALL hemp is illegal has more to do with money than anything else. Big Pharma surely won't be happy with THIS story!
  • jonnyappleweed420, jangel, wereallstoned and 5 others like this

#4 Ramona760

Ramona760

Student for life

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:58 PM

I found a high CBD medical marijuana strain (2.7 THC, 5.1 CBD) My son has bipolar and though he loves the indicas, I am encouraging him to use this more often. He gets the benefits without feeling high. I have 8 clones of this strain so I am going to have it tested when it's cured. I feel this is the way to go for many people who don't necessarily want to be high. I have passed on alot of this research to his psychiatrist.
  • cfgreen, jonnyappleweed420, wereallstoned and 5 others like this

#5 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

wh@ strain is it? muA
  • jonnyappleweed420, Brer Rabbit, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#6 Ramona760

Ramona760

Student for life

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

I took this off Herbal Solutions in Long Beach CA Website. "Pineapple Thai (THC:2.7% /CBD: 5.1%) 18/55/105/210/330 This strain, due to it's especially high level of CBD, is highly recommended for strictly medical reasons. Research points to CBD as being beneficially used as an anti-inflammatory often associated with chronic pain, anti-psychotic, anti-spasticity, boosts your immune system, and may help prevent Alzheimers." They also had clones for sale so I got them. I'm hoping they will produce the same CBD potency.
  • jonnyappleweed420, jangel, Brer Rabbit and 5 others like this

#7 jonnyappleweed420

jonnyappleweed420

Admin/Vid Artist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1113 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

It has been proven to grow new brain cells yet our politicians wont listen. It has been proven to kill cancer cells on contact yet our politicians wont look into it or listen to the science. It has been proven to ease the pain and suffering of the ill and dying yet our politicians still wont listen to the pleas. Do you see a pattern here, CBD can't cure DEAFNESS or BLINDNESS :fly: But everything else is fair game!!!!!! :) :) Peace Jonny :)
  • jangel, Brer Rabbit, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#8 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:49 AM

It has been proven to grow new brain cells yet our politicians wont listen.
It has been proven to kill cancer cells on contact yet our politicians wont look into it or listen to the science.
It has been proven to ease the pain and suffering of the ill and dying yet our politicians still wont listen to the pleas.
Do you see a pattern here, CBD can't cure DEAFNESS or BLINDNESS wall.gif
But everything else is fair game!!!!!! smhug.gif :)

Peace
Jonny :cool:

beautifully put jonny!!!!smhug.gif
  • jangel, Brer Rabbit, teddys head and 1 other like this

#9 Brer Rabbit

Brer Rabbit

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1154 posts
  • Locationemerald isle

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:43 AM

Thank's tink an everybody .
I keep goin back to GW Pharma and there 5000 plant perpetual

Listen to Dr Robson @ 330 min into this video .
  • jangel, Turpene, Itinkso and 3 others like this

#10 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

I took this off Herbal Solutions in Long Beach CA Website.

"Pineapple Thai (THC:2.7% /CBD: 5.1%) 18/55/105/210/330
This strain, due to it's especially high level of CBD, is highly recommended for strictly medical reasons.
Research points to CBD as being beneficially used as an anti-inflammatory often associated with chronic pain,
anti-psychotic, anti-spasticity, boosts your immune system, and may help prevent Alzheimers."

They also had clones for sale so I got them. I'm hoping they will produce the same CBD potency.

Thanks!....Have heard mention of Pineapple Thai...but not wh@ was mentioned:)

Will look it up.

I think you may have given me my new fav-to-be!:hippy3:

muA
  • Itinkso, teddys head and EektheGrey like this

#11 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

Back from the dead...literally!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:05 AM

Tink you are great! Sometimes I wonder why things are suppressed.....hmmmmm....check that I already know......

#12 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:50 AM

I took this off Herbal Solutions in Long Beach CA Website.

This strain, due to it's especially high level of CBD, is highly recommended for strictly medical reasons.
Research points to CBD as being beneficially used as an anti-inflammatory often associated with chronic pain,
anti-psychotic, anti-spasticity, boosts your immune system, and may help prevent Alzheimers."

They also had clones for sale so I got them. I'm hoping they will produce the same CBD potency.

Tink you are great!

Sometimes I wonder why things are suppressed.....hmmmmm....check that I already know......

sandia...this pineapple thai might be a useful strain for you sweetie!!!....maybe you should check it out?
  • teddys head and EektheGrey like this

#13 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

Cure blindness? Maybe not, but prevent- yep!

Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy (news - 2006)
http://www.scienceda...60227184647.htm

Neuroprotective and Blood-Retinal Barrier-Preserving Effects of Cannabidiol in Experimental Diabetes (full - 2006)
http://ajp.amjpathol.../full/168/1/235

Neuroprotective Effect of(−)Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol and Cannabidiol in N-Methyl-d-Aspartate-Induced Retinal Neurotoxicity - Involvement of Peroxynitrite (full - 2003)
http://www.ncbi.nlm....?tool=pmcentrez

Mediation of Cannabidiol anti-inflammation in the Retina by Equilibrative Nucleoside Transporter and A2A Adenosine Receptor (full - 2008)
http://www.ncbi.nlm....?tool=pmcentrez

And deafness? I recall Treatingyourself's magazine had an article by a profoundly deaf person who was able to hear better when stoned. He was able to distinguish the different laughters of his friends- which he can't do straight! I don't know if cannabidiol did this or not, but it's not unreasonable- at least one cannabinoid is responsible for this effect. So it's 50/50 whether its CBD or THC (since other cannabinoids are usually present only in smaller amounts).

So what is it that cannabidiol can't do? xmassmiley40.gif

It can't get you stoned! :) Purely medicinal!

Granny :D
  • jangel, artistickat, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#14 Guest_Vegas99_*

Guest_Vegas99_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:27 PM

>> So what is it that cannabidiol can't do? <<

Like the comedian Ron White sezzz ...."You can't fix stupid"....

#15 Guest_Farmer Phil_*

Guest_Farmer Phil_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:05 AM

Henry Ford developed the diesel engine to run on hemp fuel. Lobbyists from the oil industry, cotton industry, pharmacutical industry, timber industry and others give our elected officials money to keep it from competing. Then you add groups like Mothers Against Drunk Driving and account for the grant money local police have grown fat on. There is no way we can win unless people are educated. Prohibition does not work. How many peoples lives have been ruined by this propiganda campaign that jails so many that are not criminals. It is unjust. Someone has to admit that they are wrong. I don't remember the last time I heard a pollitition do that. It is my god given right to use this plant god has provided for us. These laws are unjust.

#16 Brer Rabbit

Brer Rabbit

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1154 posts
  • Locationemerald isle

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:51 AM

This isnt my work but i think it fit's well here
~
Where did the word 'marijuana' come from? In the mid 1930s, the M-word was created to tarnish the good image and phenomenal history of the hemp plant...as you will read. The facts cited here, with references, are generally verifiable in the Encyclopaedia Britannica which was printed on hemp paper for 150 years:

* All schoolbooks were made from hemp or flax paper until the 1880s; Hemp Paper Reconsidered, Jack Frazier, 1974.

* It was LEGAL TO PAY TAXES WITH HEMP in America from 1631 until the early 1800s; LA Times, Aug. 12, 1981.

* REFUSING TO GROW HEMP in America during the 17th and 18th Centuries WAS AGAINST THE LAW! You could be jailed in Virginia for refusing to grow hemp from 1763 to 1769; Hemp in Colonial Virginia, G. M. Herdon.

* George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers GREW HEMP; Washington and Jefferson Diaries. Jefferson smuggled hemp seeds from China to France then to America.

* Benjamin Franklin owned one of the first paper mills in America and it processed hemp. Also, the War of 1812 was fought over hemp. Napoleon wanted to cut off Moscow's export to England; Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack Herer.

* For thousands of years, 90% of all ships' sails and rope were made from hemp. The word 'canvas' is Dutch for hemp; Webster's New World Dictionary.

* 80% of all textiles, fabrics, clothes, linen, drapes, bed sheets, etc. were made from hemp until the 1820s with the introduction of the cotton gin.

* The first Bibles, maps, charts, Betsy Ross's flag, the first drafts of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were made from hemp; U.S. Government Archives.

* The first crop grown in many states was hemp. 1850 was a peak year for Kentucky producing 40,000 tons. Hemp was the largest cash crop until the 20th Century; State Archives.

* Oldest known records of hemp farming go back 5000 years in China, although hemp industrialization probably goes back to ancient Egypt.

* Rembrandts, Gainsboroughís, Van Goghís as well as most early canvas paintings were principally painted on hemp linen.

* In 1916, the U.S. Government predicted that by the 1940s all paper would come from hemp and that no more trees need to be cut down. Government studies report that 1 acre of hemp equals 4.1 acres of trees. Plans were in the works to implement such programs; Department of Agriculture

* Quality paints and varnishes were made from hemp seed oil until 1937. 58,000 tons of hemp seeds were used in America for paint products in 1935; Sherman Williams Paint Co. testimony before Congress against the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act.

* Henry Ford's first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, 'grown from the soil,' had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941.

* Hemp called 'Billion Dollar Crop.' It was the first time a cash crop had a business potential to exceed a billion dollars; Popular Mechanics, Feb., 1938.

* Mechanical Engineering Magazine (Feb. 1938) published an article entitled 'The Most Profitable and Desirable Crop that Can be Grown.' It stated that if hemp was cultivated using 20th Century technology, it would be the single largest agricultural crop in the U.S. and the rest of the world.

The following information comes directly from the United States Department of Agriculture's 1942 14-minute film encouraging and instructing 'patriotic American farmers' to grow 350,000 acres of hemp each year for the war effort:

'...(When) Grecian temples were new, hemp was already old in the service of mankind. For thousands of years, even then, this plant had been grown for cordage and cloth in China and elsewhere in the East. For centuries prior to about 1850, all the ships that sailed the western seas were rigged with hempen rope and sails. For the sailor, no less than the hangman, hemp was indispensable...

...Now with Philippine and East Indian sources of hemp in the hands of the Japanese...American hemp must meet the needs of our Army and Navy as well as of our industries...

...the Navy's rapidly dwindling reserves. When that is gone, American hemp will go on duty again; hemp for mooring ships; hemp for tow lines; hemp for tackle and gear; hemp for countless naval uses both on ship and shore. Just as in the days when Old Ironsides sailed the seas victorious with her hempen shrouds and hempen sails. Hemp for victory!'

Certified proof from the Library of Congress; found by the research of Jack Herer, refuting claims of other government agencies that the 1942 USDA film 'Hemp for Victory' did not exist.

Hemp cultivation and production do not harm the environment. The USDA Bulletin #404 concluded that hemp produces 4 times as much pulp as wood with at least 4 to 7 times less pollution.

From Popular Mechanics, Feb. 1938:
'It has a short growing season...It can be grown in any state...The long roots penetrate and break the soil to leave it in perfect condition for the next year's crop. The dense shock of leaves, 8 to 12 feet above the ground, chokes out weeds.

...hemp, this new crop can add immeasurably to American agriculture and industry.'

In the 1930s, innovations in farm machinery would have caused an industrial revolution when applied to hemp. This single resource could have created millions of new jobs generating thousands of quality products. Hemp, if not made illegal, would have brought America out of the Great Depression.

William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.

In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.

THE TRICKS

Andrew Mellon became Hoover's Secretary of the Treasury and Dupont's primary investor. He appointed his future nephew-in-law, Harry J. Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.

Secret meetings were held by these financial tycoons. Hemp was declared dangerous and a threat to their billion dollar enterprises. For their dynasties to remain intact, hemp had to go. These men took an obscure Mexican slang word: 'marihuana' and pushed it into the consciousness of America.

MEDIA MANIPULATION

A media blitz of 'yellow journalism' raged in the late 1920s and 1930s. Hearst's newspapers ran stories emphasizing the horrors of marihuana. The menace of marihuana made headlines. Readers learned that it was responsible for everything from car accidents to loose morality.

Films like 'Reefer Madness' (1936), 'Marihuana: Assassin of Youth' (1935) and 'Marihuana: The Devil's Weed' (1936) were propaganda designed by these industrialists to create an enemy. Their purpose was to gain public support so that anti-marihuana laws could be passed.

Examine the following quotes from 'The Burning Question' aka REEFER
MADNESS:
*a violent narcotic.
*acts of shocking violence.
*incurable insanity.
*soul-destroying effects.
*under the influence of the drug he killed his entire family with an axe.
*more vicious, more deadly even than these soul-destroying drugs (heroin, cocaine) is the menace of marihuana!

Reefer Madness did not end with the usual 'the end.' The film concluded with these words plastered on the screen: TELL YOUR CHILDREN.

In the 1930s, people were very naive; even to the point of ignorance. The masses were like sheep waiting to be led by the few in power. They did not challenge authority. If the news was in print or on the radio, they believed it had to be true. They told their children and their children grew up to be the parents of the baby-boomers.

On April 14, 1937, the Prohibitive Marihuana Tax Law or the bill that outlawed hemp was directly brought to the House Ways and Means Committee. This committee is the only one that can introduce a bill to the House floor without it being debated by other committees. The Chairman of the Ways and Means, Robert Doughton, was a Dupont supporter. He insured that the bill would pass Congress.

Dr. James Woodward, a physician and attorney, testified too late on behalf of the American Medical Association. He told the committee that the reason the AMA had not denounced the Marihuana Tax Law sooner was that the Association had just discovered that marihuana was/is hemp.

Few people, at the time, realized that the deadly menace they had been reading about on Hearst's front pages was in fact passive hemp. The AMA understood hemp to be a MEDICINE found in numerous healing products sold over the last hundred years.

In September of 1937, hemp became illegal. The most useful crop known became a drug and our planet has been suffering ever since.

Congress banned hemp because it was said to be the most violence-causing drug known. Anslinger, head of the Drug Commission for 31 years, promoted the idea that marihuana made users act extremely violent. In the 1950s, under the Communist threat of McCarthyism, Anslinger now said the exact opposite. Marijuana will pacify you so much that soldiers would not want to fight.

Today, our planet is in desperate trouble. Earth is suffocating as large tracts of rain forests disappear. Pollution, poisons and chemicals are killing people. These great problems could be reversed if we industrialized hemp. Natural biomass could provide all of the planet's energy needs that are currently supplied by fossil fuels. We have consumed 80% of our oil and gas reserves. We need a renewable resource. Hemp could be the solution to soaring gas prices.
~
http://www.greenpass...ead.php?t=21871
  • artistickat, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#17 artistickat

artistickat

Happy Camper

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

Most of this stuff I just found out about recently and it frosts my ass. If we were growing hemp for fuel, we wouldn't have a massive oil spill in the gulf right now.
  • JointGirl, Brer Rabbit, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#18 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

Antibacterial/ Killer of MRSA! And note the date on the first one!

HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT : Methods and results of the bacteriological experiments (full - 1955)
http://www.bushka.cz...EN/methods.html

Antibacterial Cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa: a structure-activity study
(full - 2008)
http://pubs.acs.org/.../np8002673.html

Pot is good for you? Marijuana fights the superbugs (news - 2008)
http://www.scientifi...08-08-27&sc=rss

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA (news - 2008)
http://www.webmd.com...-may-fight-mrsa

Killing bacteria with cannabis (news - 2008)
http://arstechnica.c...a-with-cannabis

Why is CBD still illegal?
  • Brer Rabbit, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#19 mediuse

mediuse

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:34 AM

Medical Honey also is known to comb@ MRSA...imagine wh@ hemp oil suspended in medical honey could do! Great thread! Kudos to all who posted:) muA
  • Brer Rabbit, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#20 Guest_DrStrange_*

Guest_DrStrange_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

Howdy, just found this site. I am very interested in the medicinal/no high versions! From all I have been reading, it seems that industrial hemp aka "ditch weed" is reliably quite high in CBD and contains very low amounts to almost no THC. On another forum someone said that a little THC is needed to make the CBD work but they had no real backing for that claim. Richard Bloomfield I think is the name of a guy making an almost pure CBD elixir and having great results in preliminary clinical tests against various cancers. Does anybody here have a clue as to why no one is just making honey oil from industrial hemp leaves? Not a great source for flowers etc but they tend to grow big, fast, and easy outdoors in most climates. Heck, its "weed"!!! I would think if you have a mmj permit and can grow your own, this would be the way to go. So why is no one talking about this? I would love to know that answer to that.

#21 lostinlymeland

lostinlymeland

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

Must have been a good video because youtube took it off. Would have loved to have seen it!

Thank's tink an everybody .
I keep goin back to GW Pharma and there 5000 plant perpetual
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=W-P2ZexHD70
Listen to Dr Robson @ 330 min into this video .

• bongbonghi, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#22 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

GW Pharma has requested FDA approval for Sativex sales in the US.

The motivation encouraging US Pharma to get on board: 'If there is this demand and need, we could develop a drug that will help people and we will make a lot of money.'"

http://abcnews.go.co...69#.TxyV82-0ynk

GW Pharma hopes to see FDA approval by the end of 2013.

#23 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

All canabinoids have an ability to clear mans perception and reveal truths .. If they had there way they would alter humans to have no endocanibinoid system due to the nature of this chemical family . Brainwashed we are no longer and the oposition knows and fears this .. Spread the seed and the truth .....Cannabis is Mother Earths most precious resource besides water ..

#24 Dudz

Dudz

Freak of Nature

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

Cannabis is illegal because....

....it replaces a wide array of pharma meds, paper, cotton, plastic, concrete, gasoline and about a million other things. Every one of these are produced by industries whose lobbyists pay our government and elected officials BILLIONS (or trillions?) of dollars. See the problem?

Individual cannabinoids will not be made "legal" until big pharma has a firm grasp on "socially acceptable" forms of them (aka - more pills that contain a lot of other pharmaceutical crap mixed with the cannabinoids).

Edited by Dudz, 22 January 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#25 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

This is in Shantibaba's forum http://www.mrnice.nl...ll-welcome.html

" Hi All

well i was planning to write this up before but the site kept me busy dealing with stuff I was hoping had gone away with 2011....so before i get distracted again here it is....

Jaime (Resin Seed), Shantibaba(MNS), Howard Marks(Mr Nice) and Jorge Cervantes(author) will be chairing part of the Resin stand as the CBDcrew for the Friday and Saturday 24th and 25th of Feb 2012 Barcelona Spannabis Expo. We will be available to chat and be offering to those who wish to try some of the samples of enriched CBD strains we grew out from the seed (that will be on sale for the first time ever).

Samples from over 80 of the plants we tested with lab results supporting a 1 to 1 ratio of CBD to THC. These samples will be dispensed using a Volcano vaporizer along with regular methods. We hope to see a lot of medical patients and happy to chat and offer assistance to any queeries...hope to see you there...

high regards CBDcrew"

and

" Hi All

well the fact is we flowered out 10 seeds of each strain we have been working on to test the 1:1 ratio THC:CBD ,to see whether it was breeding true to our expectations. We did not know if this was the case until we did this testing so we selected 10 seeds at random of each strain, and when the lab results came back we found we had found true breeding for this trait with the parent plants we selected. This was the finally testing to confirm we were well on track after some 2+years...
The Z series was one of the first prototype series but would only be 1:1 in 50% of the cases...the new CBD lines which will be distributed by www.seedsman.com on our behalf, are 100% showing the ratio. So the 80 plus plants are what one would expect from a packet of seeds from CBDcrew. So it is like we are offering sampling of what is inside the packets of seed on sale as of this week by Seedsman.
The sampling was pretty intense and difficult with so many different plants. However with patients as well as recreational smokers we did sampling at the Resin Club in Barcelona a few weeks ago...the effect was completely different to smoking or vaporizing normal THC high strains. After copious amounts of smoke, which would turn your eyes a redder shade under normal situations noone had that. Most of us we extremely unbeat, clear, lucid and full of energy. The consensus amongst the hard core lungs we had present were in agreement.

For people suffering from muscular issues and MS there was a big smile on their faces and a look of relaxation in the body. The mind and thinking was clear and seemingly undisturbed . So of course we know everybody has a different effect with the plant but with so many different people at the Barcelona testing and observing the effects...well there is serious merit to this new family of enriched CBD strains and their effects on various ailments.

To add to it all I slept like a baby and woke up clear headed and not like if i had smoked or vaporized what went around the club the night before. I am well impressed with the feeling and effects and even though i do not consider myself with any conditions except a bad back, I felt excited about these new breeds and their possible applications for the future. Needless to say I now understand the enriched CBD effect and was impressed with the flavors , plant yields etc...

I believe this enriching process through selective breeding will be a big thing once people are growing their own medicine. I also do not know anywhere else on the globe where people can support their claims as we do with all lab reports and not just false claims as have been the norm up till now.

So for any people wishing to understand the things i am writing about we will be happy to see you all at Spannabis....all the best. sb"

exciting or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users