#1 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:40 AM

Soft-bodied insects; (The "BORG")
Start with a quart of water add a tablespoon of canola oil and a few drops of "Ivory" dish soap, Mix well in a spray bottle.
Spray the plant from below first coating the underside of the leaves. Then from the top down covering the entire plant. The oily solution smothers the insects. Killing them dead!!! Repeat every few days as needed.
  • Aint easy bein Geezy and teddys head like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 12:44 AM

Mix two tablespoons of hot pepper sauce or cayenne pepper with a few drops of Ivory soap into a quart of water. Let stand overnight, then stir and pour into a spray bottle and apply as above. Shake container frequently during application.

I hear this also works on the "BORG".. But I don't know about spicing up my bud's.
  • Aint easy bein Geezy and teddys head like this

#3 Liberty

Liberty

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:00 AM

Soft-bodied insects; (The "BORG")
Start with a quart of water add a tablespoon of canola oil and a few drops of "Ivory" dish soap, Mix well in a spray bottle.
Spray the plant from below first coating the underside of the leaves. Then from the top down covering the entire plant. The oily solution smothers the insects. Killing them dead!!! Repeat every few days as needed.

How close to harvest can I use this? I have a week to go.

I too use the hot sauce but am afraid of the taste at this late time

Thanks & enjoy
  • Aint easy bein Geezy likes this

#4 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:11 AM

You are too close to harvest to do this, it could cause mold on your buds. Peace
  • teddys head likes this

#5 Liberty

Liberty

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:33 AM

You are too close to harvest to do this, it could cause mold on your buds.

Peace

Yes it could. I have low humidity cause I use a propane burner for temp & co2,,.. & a bi-product is a dry room. I still foliar feed(heavily, like rain 3-4 x's a week) although only water right now but last week they were still getting all kinds of nutes thru foliar. it's a nice aspect of the propane, being so dry. Actually I even boil water in there to humidify when I'm not too lazy.

I checked my leaves a little better & those buggers are everywhere in small quantities. I figure too late for the buds but i worked my veg area- 5 mothers & 25 10 inchers with a product called TKO. It has 5 or 6 oils, some pepper, sugar & other goodies I can't remember. I'll try to report on that.

Take care people..
  • teddys head likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users