1 reply to this topic

#1 Kieahtoka

Kieahtoka

Neo Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:53 PM

Well a lot of newbies to growing want to know the basics of setting up their first grow room. Well I'll show you how to set up a 2.5x2x5 grow enclosure. what you will need: 33' of 1" PVC Pipe 12 1" T connectors 25 feet of 4' wide panda plastic 25 feet of 4' wide Mylar(optional) High CFM Inline Fan. 10' of 6" metal or plastic ducting. 10 Industrial Velcro strips Now to begin, First we must build a frame of PVC pipe to accommodate our plants, and our grow lights. Start off by making a rectangular side wall. I decided to use the dimensions of: height:5' width:2'. The easiest way to do this is to lay the pipe on the ground in the form of your wall, and just add the T joints to set it all in place. We will need to do this twice. Make sure that both walls are exactly symmetrical, and that your T connector holes are facing each other when you hold the walls in place. The last part of this is to attach the two 2.5 pieces of PVC into the T joint holes I was just talking about. Making a bridge from one wall to the next.It should look like attachment 1 but mine is flipped upside-down. It is optional to add these same pipes on the lower part of the enclosure on the ground, but I have not needed these yet. Now that we have our frame set up it's time to add the inner layer of our reflective room. you will only need 9 feet of material but having extra in case of a mistake is always good. Measure out your mylar and panda plastic to the same length and width. Mylar and panda plastic are both somewhat stick resistant, so we'll need to do a double adhesion to these two sheets. First, add an industrial strength tube adhesive, preferably made for plastic or a bathroom. Then cover all four edges with duct tape, so that your sheets don't come apart at the edges. Now we must add the adhesive that is going to make our mylar stay in place. For ease of maintenance I chose to use Velcro strips on the 4 support pipes in our enclosure. Attach two strips to each pipe, and attach the other side of the strip to a corresponding place on your mylar/plastic sheet. This is the easy part!! Just place your cover around your grow room, making sure all of the Velcro strips are securely in place. Before putting everything in your enclosure we should wait to see if the Velcro strips you bought hold up to the weight of the cover. Give it a few hours and if nothing has fallen or torn off then we are set to start cutting our vent hole. What we must do first is put a cooling flang on the wall/window etc. where you want your exhaust to go (assuming you already have a hole cut). Now we must carefully cut a 6' diameter hole in our cover and run our ducting through this hole. You may secure the ducting in place with more duct tape if you wish. Now the easiest part, place a sheet of plywood over the top of your enclosure to prevent most light leaks and also to have a place to hang your lights and fans from. You may place your inline fan anywhere you wish, but to utilize this enclosure best. I'd recommend placing it on the end opposite of the vent, and place an air cooled reflector in the middle, creating a very cool environment for your plants. Attachment 2 is what your room should look like, please note mine is a little more ghetto than I'd like.
  • Ron, teddys head, Herbie and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Kieahtoka

Kieahtoka

Neo Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:02 AM

Irony is what made me actually finish this. see I bought a cooltube.. and it arrived shattered. had it not been for that breaking. I probably would have never entered lol.
  • teddys head likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users