#1 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

Finding your spot;
Finding a good spot is hard. One where the animal won't get it, "PIG's", Rabbits, Deer, And the dreaded Pothead who will smoke your stash with out you!!!! So finding a spot no one will go is a must!! I like Swamp's, Rugged Hillside's(southside), And thick impenetrable brush. If you yourself don't want to go in there it's more than likely a good spot so check it out..

Are you living in a City and think I can't do that, Just remember most City's are surround by forest's or scattered patches of bush, SO GET OUT THERE!!
Posted Image
Site prep;
I like to prep my spot in the cool fall air. reduceing the chances of being seen in the spring by reduceing the work and time spent in the bush planting.. So right after harvest I head out to my spots. Cutting and clearing trees and brush. And lugging in soil, I like to use your basic potting soil mixed with sheep manure 3/1-soil/manure. Make sure those roots have lots of room to grow threw out the year by digging deep hole's,atleased 1.5-2feet wide by 1.5-2feet deep. Or use large grow bags burlap or plastic, Also elevated beds work well on rocky/swamp land that is hard to dig or plant in.
Planting;
Clones are the only way to go if you want a no fuss Sensimillia Garden. I like my clone's in cups with a good root structure, standing about 6-12 inch's tall before they go out. Remember to get your babies ready for the hot sun, by placeing them outside for a few hours a day till its time to plant them in their final home. this will help to climatize them and reduce burn from the hot sun.
Seeds or the "LittleJohnyWeedSeed" way is a lot more work, you will have to keep going back and forth checking for males. This could bring unwanted heat to your spot, Some one could see you or the trail you will ware in to the earth..
I hardly ever plant before the May 24weekend(Canada). This will reduce the risk of frost killing your little ones.
After you get them in the soil and give them their first drink it is wise to lay a mulch around the base of the plant, this will help to protect the moisture in the soil from evaporating under the hot rays of the sun.
Watering/feeding;
I only water on the driest of days, Nature does a pretty good job on her own most of the year.
Although a few good feedings with Veg nutes threw out the season is never a bad idea.
Once fruiting/flowering starts I like to feed my girls twice a week for the first 2-3weeks with a bloom fert, something like N5.P10.K5..
Harvest;
It is fall and to smell of bud is in the air.
Most strains are ready in late September early October, Make sure to check the Trich's and harvest before the bud rot sets in.
Posted Image

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 midgradeindasouth

midgradeindasouth

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1033 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:39 PM

Right on brother. If I can find a safe spot I plan to plant some clones next season. I would like to have 2 or 3 plots of 6-8 plants out yonder.

#3 midgradeindasouth

midgradeindasouth

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1033 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:50 PM

Now that I have done the math. I think I could get by with 2 and a half pounds a year of nugg smoke just for me. Anything more than that would just be excess. I really do not care to sell. I don't mind sharing though with really really close friends. So maybe 3 pounds a year of nuggs. I figure out of 16--24 clones if 6 make it I would be in great shape for more than a cold season until the next harvest. I figure I should be able to get 6 + oz's per plant outside.

#4 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:04 PM

Not bad.. I smoke like 7grams a day for a total of 5.5-6 pounds a year. I adverage 1.5-4 ounce's a plant "outdo", depending on location and time I take caring for them(did I mention I'm lazy). With the toying around I do in my closet I just have enough to get threw the year..

#5 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:50 AM

Not bad..
I smoke like 7grams a day for a total of 5.5-6 pounds a year. I adverage 1.5-4 ounce's a plant "outdo", depending on location and time I take caring for them(did I mention I'm lazy). With the toying around I do in my closet I just have enough to get threw the year..

well, that is quiet some weed man, glad that i have not to smoke that much still. :xmas:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users