3 replies to this topic

#1 DonJones

DonJones

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

Her is a link to the text of Washington Senate Bill as finally approved by boht houses of the legislature and forwarded to Governor.

http://apps.leg.wa.g...e/5798-S.PL.pdf

The main changes to the statues controling medical marijuana are the words physician and physician's to health care professional and health care professional's; a list of who health care professionals are for the purposes of writing recommendations [Section 2.2 of bill]; a provision that valid documentation no longer includes photo copies of the recommendation but has to be the original written on "tamper resistant paper" [Section7.A of bill]; and a definition of "tamper resistant paper" that relies on "industry standards" rather than Board opf Pharmacy approval as originally amended in the Senate or "features to designed to prevent the use of counterfeit valid documentation" [ Section 2.5 of bill].

There are so many different options to be "tamper resistant paper" as to make it meaningless.

All in all, the bothersome provisions of the bill, ie the requirement that the tamper resistant paper be approved by the Board of Pharmacy, were removed and favorable provisiopns substituted.

Now hopefully we can all forget the SB-5798and some of the paranoid rumors about what it will do that have been floating around the Internet and concentrate our atention on getting I-1068 on the ballot and then getting it passed in November, which makes all of our worries aobut medical marijuana pointless because then there wil be NO STATE criminal or civil penalties for any one over 18 growing, possessing or selling it because under State Law marijuana will no longer be a controlled substance.

If you have any doubts or questions about the provisions of SB5798, please go to the link I posted and read the bill for yourself. That way you wil be as well informed as ANYONE in the whole staste.
  • robotdinosaur, theeyetye, Itinkso and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 justa waterboy

justa waterboy

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

hi Don, did this take effect June 1? Maybe easier to renew recommendation? I 1068 is the thing we really need, it got my Sig.
  • robotdinosaur likes this

#3 DonJones

DonJones

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

I think it took effect June 1, but I could be wrong about that. I don't know if the Governor even signed it or just let it go into law without her signature so I'm not sure exactly when the usual 90 period started. Let me try to see if it is in the official law books and get back to you. I just checked the official legislative website and the changes are NOT posted in the statutes yet. I don't know for sure just what that means, but I'll see if I can find out tomorrow. I just checked the Governor's website for 22010 Bill action and it lists 5798 as being signed on 4-1-10 so 90 days would be approximately July 1, 2010 for it to become effective. There may be other things effecting when it goes into effect, but if there is I don't know about them.

Edited by DonJones, 06 June 2010 - 01:26 PM.
posting additonal information

• robotdinosaur and justa waterboy like this

#4 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:59 PM

June 10. :eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users