HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:44 PM

Hey I thought I'd share my soil recipe.
It has worked well for me.

I use "coast of maine" organic soil as a starting point. To this I add about a 30% mixture of pearlite, another 5-10% of Blood meal and another 5-10% of Bone meal and some molasses.

This is a good, healthy mixture, and can get you pretty far into vegging.
Peace

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 hearmenow

hearmenow

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

Cool. Thanks for the tip. I use organic MG and to that I add perlite and vermiculte in a 5-1-1 ratio. I get good drainage and I go 3-4 weeks before I need to add any additional ferts.

#3 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

I guess we are all posting our soil mixes. Ok for seedlings and clones I use Fox Farm Light Warrior mixed with about 20% worm castings and about 10% Bat Guano. When I do first transplant I use an 80/30 mix of Fox Farm Ocean and Light Warrior with about 25% Bat Guano, and my 20% Worm castings Light Warrior is awesome for little guys and transplants the stuff is like air with food.

#4 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

my soil mix starts with a 60l bag of the cheapest peat based stuff i could find, then i add normally some construction grade, uncoated, perlite. use about 15-30% by volume on my mix, depending on what i'm aiming for;) in addition to that i may use some coarse grind epsom salt and hoof chips 'n' bone meal... ...but i have to admit that i act on the last part of the mix not due to reason but rather on T&R R&D :)/> so no one should blame me if this shit is tried in a grow besides my own:P same as with the rabbit droppings, its all my freakin playground and it ain't pretty:D

#5 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:18 PM

in need a wacky smillie here for me:P

#6 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:05 PM

I am plannning to use 6cu ft of Kellogg's planting soil (with worm casings and bat guano and dolomite), 3cu ft Perlite, 3cu ft Peat Moss, a pound of bone meal, a pound of blood meal, and palm full of borax. This I will used to fill about 16 5.0 gal bags to the 4.5 gal level! Interesting, Videoman's suggestion of molasses. How to decide how much to add?

#7 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:21 PM

When I do first transplant I use an 80/30 mix of Fox Farm Ocean and Light Warrior with about 25% Bat Guano, and my 20% Worm castings

I meant an 80/20 mix.....:Embarrassment:

#8 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:25 PM

I meant an 80/20 mix.....:Embarrassment:

80/30! Ha! Reminded me of Mickey on "Seinfeld" bragging about his shirt to the hot young girl...."It's 100% cotton....and some wool" :Embarrassment:

#9 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

Hey man I always give it 110%....:mad:/>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users