- - - - -

I'll Tumble 4 Ya...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:33 PM

Eeeeewwww...shades of Boy George! Nah...we don't "tumble" like that 'round here... we tumble like this....

Attached Files

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:38 PM

One word.....WOW! Now that's nice. yes master

#3 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:38 PM

Yup..it's a trich/hash tumbler...and it's made from a 5 gallon bucket that has had the sides cut out and replaced with 98 micron stainless steel screen. The motor is a Weber rotisserre'..and while I was told it turns to slow to do a good job...I ran it for a day with 500 grams of dried trim and ended up with just shy of 50 grams of pure trichs. It won't work *my ass*. LOL. I think the guy was just jealous! Gotta a good friend bringing over a coupla GARBAGE bags full of trim this week..so..um...it's gonna be a fun-time in the old house real soon! Yummm...I smell hash cookies comin out of the oven soon!

#4 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

Where do we get one? That ice wattter method froze my hands purple and numb! and I only got 2 or 3 grams and ruined an ounce of buds.

#5 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

I need a DIY on this,, I got a big bag of trimmings, I have been using it as a BeanBag chair...

#6 Guest_Baked Jesus_*

Guest_Baked Jesus_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:58 PM

I need a DIY on this,,
I got a big bag of trimmings, I have been using it as a BeanBag chair...

I 2nd this! Damn, that looks awesome.

#7 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:07 AM

Please tell us more!

#8 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:43 AM

OK...since ya asked.... This unit was built by a good/life-long friend of mine in CA. He had an unforunate visit about 18 months ago and is not currently in operation...but as you can see..even on probation he's keeping himself busy and focusing on Mother Cannabis. Very soon he'll be BACK (empasized in an Ahhhrnold voice) and then..well...he's goin med this time (as he should have been last time) so they won't be able to touch him. As I said earlier...the motor is from Weber Grills. A rotisserre' unit. About $80 brand spanking new. Ya might check thrift stores or Ebay for used units...and "other" motors will work well too...up to 15 rpm from what I understand. The Weber is underpowered from all indications given to me from others who have used similar units...but it DOES work well just the same IMO. I put 8 very smooth river rocks in my unit that were about 1" round and that certainly helped agitate and knock off the trichs. The pics should show enough to give you the idea of how to proceed. I've seen other units made from wood...but to me..the bucket is pre-formed and it'd be easier IMO to cut that bitch out than to start from snatch...er..a..scratch. FYI....he left 3 peices of plastic for integrity...and bolted the mesh on the sides....and gluing/caulking it on the bottom and top to hold it in place. Screen is obviously on the INSIDE of the unit. (just makin sure fer the BAKERS out there...LOL) Kinda like when we used to lay sod...."Brown side down...dooooooooooooood" lemme know if you have any questions after checkin out the photos... My "cradle" is a peice of shit. I whipped it up in a few minutes from 2 x 4's...and want to make a more solid/portable type unit that can be broken down easily for storage. Works tho...so hey....there ya go! I just used a reflector glass to catch the trichs...and again...want to make something more sophistcated in the future. lemme know if

Attached Files

#9 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:21 AM

Sorry to hear about your friend, it's just not right to keep a man down. As for that contraption all I can say is NEATO, I need one of them. Thanks again btdt

#10 Guest_CAUSTIC_*

Guest_CAUSTIC_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

great bucket tumbler! i just finished building the same style tumbler for a friend. since you used stainless mesh, you can also do large scale water cures with it and also large scale iso washes too. but you'd have to plug the hole in the bottom first. the drum that i built has a circular piece of plywood screwed to the outside bottom just inside the little lip that protrudes, and screwed a threaded pipe (flange?) that can screw to a wall and then thread the pipe inside.( anyone get what i'm talking about?) the setup was meant to have a bearing that the pipe would slide through and meet up with the bbq rotisserie motor but i handed the project off to them so they could complete it as they saw fit. i was really stoked to see that you had gotten the stainless mesh, it will last forever as long as it doesnt get abused. if you want to speed up the efficiency of your drum, put a small rubber ball in with your material so that way the ball will knock the trichs off easier, but that was with a wooden framed tumbler where the inner frame helped stop and drop the ball. give it a try though it couldnt hurt. yay for tumblers!

#11 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

Thanks for the thanks. I hope it fosters a few ideas..cus that's what "Stoner Ingenuity" is all about... Caustic..I mentioned placing some smoothe river/tumbled rocks on the bucket. Sure did help. I've also found that there's an art to how much trim ya put in. Too much shake and it doesn't "fall" correctly inside the bucket and doesn't agitate enough. Too little weed and the process is gonna take forever. my buddy sourced the SS mesh in Cali. I could probably find out if need be. rock n roll, kids! btdt

#12 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:40 PM

I think I will try to make one for the fall harvest. Looks easy enough. thanks

#13 midgradeindasouth

midgradeindasouth

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1033 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

Great Idea. Going to be quite a while before I would need something as commercial as this. I wish I had 500g's of leaf from a harvest. I would be happy with a third of that. Give me a few years and I am sure I will be alot closer.

#14 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

Maybe Santa will bring me one for X-Mas, though I doubt it i think I might try and build one. BTDT you are to be thanked again for this :)/>

#15 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:13 PM

Nothing commercial about it, midgrade. It's strictly as medical tool. The cookies made from these trichs numb lower back pain well....especially if you get on a good dosing program. Can't address the 500 gram comment beyond saying that it's damn nice to be able to utilize everything that is grown. Get a few 1000hps and you'll have that much trim (hash) every 8 weeks... Right on Giggles...go for it! good luck...btdt

#16 Guest_pjboy31_*

Guest_pjboy31_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 12:48 AM

Home depot here I come. Great post thanks so much.

#17 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:48 AM

damn i wish i had enough ventilation for that many 1000 watters very creative btw....great work, i may need one of these if i ever get to your level

#18 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:07 AM

yo all. Thanks for the responses.... but I gotta again say that I'm not at any "level" above anyone else here...nor am I "commercial" merely because I have the ability and have chosen to grow with the proper lights/genetics/toys/approaches to benefit fully from the plant. I say this because (mis)perception is an ugly thing..and I do not want the perception of prying eyes here (popo/LEO/NAZI FORCES) to be that I am ramped up for sales/distribution when I am STRICTLY MEDICAL. no biggie/no infraction..I just wanted that statement to become a part of the thread.

#19 GetAhead

GetAhead

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

Let me tell ya. I am going to build one of these. This DIY stuff is right up my alley. I'm think of doing a smaller one using a two gallon plastic container I have. 98 micons is MIGHTY small/ What all do you toss in this beast?

#20 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:16 AM

yo getahead... What goes in? Any/all guard leaves that are trimmed off the buds. The leaf matter used needs to have visible trichomes present. You want the mesh to be small enough that you ONLY get trichs. If the sift is at all green...it's contaminated and it won't press into pucks or slabs and retain it's shape/consistency. In addition....you can always tumble it and then run it through the bubble bags to see if there's anything left hanging about.... ;-)

#21 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

Sure beats that HAND STIRRING IN ICE WATER process.

#22 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

Both methods have their advantages/disadvantages, IMO. The tumbler is definitely a hands-off process for the most part and the bags are more labor-intensive, but each offers such a different end product that I still alternate from one-to-the-other...enjoying the fruits of both depending on what taste I want and how hard I wanna be slammed. either way...ya can't go wrong....

#23 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:12 PM

cool, i never though about builing one on my own, but a great bucket tumbler would be for sure a cool thing to have... need oonnnneee!!!

#24 Guest_HighPhi_*

Guest_HighPhi_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:17 AM

I need a DIY on this,,
I got a big bag of trimmings, I have been using it as a BeanBag chair...

hahahahahahaaah right on buddy.

#25 Guest_CAUSTIC_*

Guest_CAUSTIC_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

another plan i had was to have the large drum be a VERY loose mesh to get a rough grade kief and then from there use smaller tumblers (size of a coffe can or smaller) with specific micron mesh to get your diferent grades. that way it would also help prevent the wear and tear on just one drum. and regarding the amount to be put in a tumbler and a "status" to be set alongside how much a person can put in, well dont forget that some people have just been lucky enough to get their federal exemptions ( a few friends i have are exemptees) and this is meant to be useful information for them,as well as those who are not protected by the law but still have the wisdom to self medicate with a safe remedy. i agree that prying eyes are going to be a problem, but if those eyes are propely educated then it makes our job easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users