- - - - -

WASHINGTON the battle begins

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_no1luvsanalien_*

Guest_no1luvsanalien_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:21 PM

The State of Washington wants the medical marijuana law declared unconstitutionally vague. The state is looking for a test case. What they have been doing is arresting card holding patients , seizing plants , lights ect. and any cannabis. They release the accused within 72 hrs . Do not give the gear back, dont file charges and say: "sue us " The cases dont make any news and sit on a back burner. I know of 3 patients this has happened to. One is a MS patient , wheel chair bound . This is happening in all counties. What it will take is bombarding them with lawsuits, fully informed juries and patients with the nuts for litigation of which, I am one. Well on my way to being a competent pro se .

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 dbombaa

dbombaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

Wow. Keep us posted on this. Any articles at all about it?
  • Bueller, Sprocket, wombat83 and 1 other like this

#3 Guest_SomeDude_*

Guest_SomeDude_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

URL(s) please

#4 Guest_papajoe_*

Guest_papajoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

maybe they should go to jail for breaking a law we voted in.They should be looking for meth labs and leave us alone.

#5 Ishmael

Ishmael

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

With our shitty, vague MMJ law, I'm not surprised to see something like this pop up... public sentiment seems to be on our side so maybe it'll work out. Ishmael
  • I8ntLucky_UR, Sprocket, wombat83 and 1 other like this

#6 Guest_no1luvsanalien_*

Guest_no1luvsanalien_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

There are no footnotes on this , none the less it is still happening. If I find anything in print I will post it. The way they are going about it keeps it under the radar.

#7 Amedicann

Amedicann

new dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

New legislature is in the works. We will soon have opportunity to vote on a law with no middle ground left for "interpretation" Or is it possible to misunderstand "Remove all criminal penalty"? To me that says "LEGAL" Pease get every registared voter you can to sign petition for I-1068. Free the Weed!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, wombat83 and 2 others like this

#8 DonJones

DonJones

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

no1luvsanalien,

First of all, NOTHING that you posted has ANYTHING to do with "The State of Washington"! It has to do with local police departments!

Secondly, either back down or give us more information that can be verified.

Third, what you are describing sound suspiciously like what the Spokane Police Department is doing Only they are actually just seizing the MJ and leaving all of the supplies and equipment alone. In most cases, the MMJ patient isn't even arrested, just someone involved who has been clearly violating the law. Then they usually are NOT relased but forced to post bail.

The reason the cases in Spokane aren't going anywhere is just the opposite of what you allege. It is because the prosecuting attorneys and the State Attorney General are satisfied with the law as it stands and refuse to prosecute Medical cases where there aren't clear criminal activities that have nothing to do with the medical marijuana laws involved too. Unfortunately, the county procesuting attorney has no authority to tell the Spokane Polic eDepartment what they can and can't do, so the Chief, who has a long history or being very out spoken about her opposition to any liberalization of MJ laws, has decided to harass any MJ patient that they can and let some one sue the CITY and get a judge to tell them they have to stop. When you see or hear about "drug task force raids" in the City of Spokane, you need to pay very close attention if it involves medical marijuana. They are actually Spokane City Police Department drug task force raids, not the regional task force that includes the Sheriff's Officers, DEA, Border Patrol/Customs agents and other federal officers.

I personally know of 2 cases that fit that description and both of them were in the City limits and SPD only raids. I personally know of a third one in Airway Heights, and in that one the 17 year old son was dealing pot to his buddies right out of the house where his parents were growing MMJ. The mother wasn't hassled, the 17 year old was arrested and released back to his mother , and the father was arrested and bailed out. If they were interested in screwing with the MMJ patients, they could just as easily arrested the mother too and put the rest of the minor children in foster care, but they didn't. All the police department took was the growing and processed MMJ, not the seeds, equipment or supplies.

Part of the reason for that is the prosecutors don't want potential decisions that might liberalize the laws even more. Also the prosecutors have decided that every ounce of locally grow MJ is one ounce that is taken away from the organized crime cartels networks and they realize that the organized crime rings are where the real threat to the public comes from.

YES, our vague medical marijuana laws need to be clarified, but forget about the big conspiracy in the law enforcement community! Having fought with the State of Washington over even non-criminal issues, I will damn sure guarantee you that IF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON WANTED THE MMJ DECLARED UNCONSTITUTIONALLY VAGUE, THE CASE(S) WOULD BE MOVING THROUGH THE COURTS QUICKLY IF THEY HAD ANY HOPE OF PREVAILING! The State Attorney General can marshal more resources to push the issue than all of us patients and activist groups combined, if the so choose.

I apologize for my impatience and lack of tolerance, BUT THESE SCARY CONSPIRACY THEORIES DO MORE DAMAGE TO THE MEDICAL MOVEMENT THAN THE POLICE COULD EVER DO! They frighten other wise sensible people into hiding and being silent instead of speaking out and educating the rest of the citizenry about who MMJ patients are and what we need!

I am sure that you are a well meaning sincere person who believes what you write, but PLEASE DO NOT spread rumors or scary stories unless you are ready to back them up with verifiable facts!
  • Sweetheart and enjoythetimespent like this

#9 theeyetye

theeyetye

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

It's an illegal seizure of legally owned personal property. They would have to prove some violation of the mmj law, ie. too many plants/clones, or too much total weight on the premises, but even then they are on shaky ground. If there is an ambitous/liberal D.A. or A.D.A. in the area, they can probably prosecute the violation, although this would be quite the rarity. Either way, they can be sued for return of the property and seized cannabis, damages incurred as a result of the patients not having their medicine and/or having to resort to less effective and medically approved alternative treatments, and of course, legal fees. There are probably several attorneys in WA state that would take the case without any money down, and I believe NORML will even assist in finding representation. I know they will definitely help with publicizing the issue, if they're not already aware of them. Complete BS, by the way. If only they would spend more time seizing essentially stolen money from the rich, and less time on seizing legal plants treasured for their medicine. . .or would that be TOO effective?
  • I8ntLucky_UR, Bueller, wombat83 and 1 other like this

#10 theeyetye

theeyetye

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hey Don, you and I posted at the same time....thanks for the post, and I appreciate someone shedding some additional light on this topic to those of us who don't live in WA and have no evidence or facts about the situation. However, I have to disagree with you on some points. While I agree that perhaps Spokane PD was acting appropriately if there were cases of kids selling their parents' MMJ, etc, I see this as an attempt by those authorities to use their position in an effort to politicize the issue. In effect, create problems where there are none. They've realized that public opinion in favor of all out legalization in that state is swaying, so what better way to highlight how that would be a 'bad idea' than to show that there are already problems with its' limited legality? Even many of the most avid supporters of legalization would agree it should be kept out of the hands of kids, so they're trying to demonstrate that it "can't" be done even when used as just a medicine. Time and time again, it's been shown that support for legalization is around 25% amongst the law enforcement community, compared to 60% amongst the general population. Reasons for this are speculative, and the reason cops usually give is they believe it would create more "impaired drivers" on the roads and diminish public safety. They fail to mention that cannabis users don't show the serious judgement gaps demonstrated by a drunk driver, and are much less likely to ever make the decision to get behind the wheel in the first place if they are to the point of impairment. Nevermind the fact they are shown through various studies to be 80-90% safer than a drunk driver, even if they do decide to drive. Point is, this in effect, is another attempt to scare voters who might be on the verge of supporting the issue, into thinking there is no way to responsibly control cannabis. They also neglect to mention there is little way to control a plant, and little reason to control it in the first place when compared to other far more impairing, and already legal, substances, like alcohol, oxycontin, vicotin, xanex, etc...If you ask me, I think the cops are worried about nothing more than job security as they see the incredible amount of funds being spent on law enforcement pertinent to this issue spent on more appropriate matters. I wouldn't be concerned with any ill-effects of someone trying to spread these kinds of occurrences. I think it was meant as more of an attempt to keep those in support of responsible cannabis aware that the fight isn't over, even after the laws have been "changed", as in this case. So many people become lackadaisical in the comfort of knowing they are not legally considered a criminal, that they forget there is still incredible sentiment and 70+ years of rhetoric and lies left on the other side of the fight that will take more than a couple of years to break. Let it not be a call back to fear and reduced candidness, but a reminder that public sentiment can revert a law just as quickly as it was changed in the first place; the fight is not over, and we still need the support of everyone to make the naysayers understand the lies they have always been fed are just that, and nothing more. In effect, we need people to still act like it STILL is completely illegal. Alcohol prohibition didn't last very long, did it?
  • ISO2BWELL, I8ntLucky_UR, CaliWildViolet420 and 3 others like this

#11 Guest_papajoe_*

Guest_papajoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

starting to sound like what they did many years ago.Are we going to see a remake of Reefer Madness?The politicians say it's a bad idea,and people will believe them because they are our government.Don't they realize some politicians are just hustlers and will lie through their teeth.Why don't we all chip in and get them a glassotomy.Which means we put a window at their belly so they will be able to see when they walk around with their head up their a**.I signed the petition at the dispensary.I heard that on may 1st there is going to be MJ march in Spokane.I will try and get the details and post them,or if anyone else knows,please give details.I am going to post a new thread about this and hopefuly get some details.Remember,when in doubt bong out

#12 Guest_no1luvsanalien_*

Guest_no1luvsanalien_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:52 PM

I just know the State Of Washington , just trying to open some eyes. After years of negative defenses , I am grateful to have a positive defense. As far as backing down .....you heard it here first. Do your own research.

Edited by no1luvsanalien, 10 March 2010 - 07:58 AM.

#13 DonJones

DonJones

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:33 PM

I tried to be diplomatic, which is hard for me, but it doesn't appear that the points were received to let me be real blunt and hopefully the readers will realize that I'm not trying to belittle any person and that I'm targeting behavior not people.<br><br>First -- Once again what the SPD is doing has NOTHING to do with the State of Washington or even law enforcement in general!  It is the result of a rogue Chief of Police and her minions who are abusing their authority to try to act out on their failing position!  Secondly, they are NOT acting legally but targeting Medical growers who are associated with non-medical dealers and/or medical growers/providers that are completely ignoring the provisions of our less that ideal laws and publically thumbing their noses at the laws and the LEOs.<br><br>Does that make the actions of the SPD right and just --HELL NO, but the people who are getting harassed are inviting the harassment by their borderline activities or in the case of the dispensary just flat out thumbing their noses at the LEOs and daring them to do something about it, then whining and crying when LEO does what they were dared to do.  To me the "victims" in the dispensary bust were the patients that Mr. <br>Stevens was taking financial advantage of, NOT the operators.  To me they are just like the person who stands there and teases a vicious dog and then cries and whines when the dog attacks them!  Or the person who repeatedly tells a drunk "Go ahead and hit me." only to cry that they are a victim  when the drunk goes ahead and hits them! I don't know how to make that any plainer!<br><br>Second, forget your politically correct whining that the LEOs have to prove anything or to even comply with the law!  The fact is a LEO can do ANYTHING HE/SHE WANTS TO DO -- just like we can -- until someone in a higher position of authority intervenes.  It is not right but it is a fact of live -- law do NOT prevent actions, they just raise the consquence high enough that we think twice about doing it!  How many battered women have been buried because they thought a restraining order would protect them from their abuser(s)?  All a law does is give the LEOs the opportunity to punish actions AFTER they have occurred!<br><br>Third, the raid in Airway Heights was NOT a part of any conspiracy to harass medical MJ growers!  It was a raid on a family that was completely illegally dealing MJ to minors and letting minors hang out in the grow operation.  The family just happened to have recommendations, but that had NOTHING to do with the raid.  I included it only to try to show that even in righteous busts, the LEOs, even the rogue SPD were NOT seizing the growing equipment, even in totally righteous busts.  The Airway Heights were entirely entitled by the law to seize the entire grow operation, including the 2 connected mobile homes being used in the grow operation, arrest the 17 year old, the father <b>and the mother, then put all of the minor children in foster care until CPS decided to let the family have the children back!  {Let me assure you that putting those kids in the hands of CPS would have been much worse than anything else they could have done without convictions!}  If you want to fear and berate some agency CPS is the most abusive high handed, ignore the law agency anywhere in the State of Washington!</b>  Even their hearings and trials are held in secret!  Please forgive my digression.<br><br>Finally, all spreading scary stories <b>without </b>the facts and an understanding of both the facts and laws does is to cause panic and paranoia through out the medical MJ community and distract us from doing what is legal and concentrating on getting the laws changed in our favor instead of hiding behind barricaded doors and lurking around like the criminal that some people claim we are!<br><br>So once again I say <b>unless you are prepared to back up you claims with facts and if necessary names, then shut up!</b>  By the time these "victims" have been raided, illegally incarcerated and their property illegally seized, their privacy is GONE and publicity is their best friend because it exposes the mess to the public's eyes!  Of ocurse that requirement limits your ability to cry wolf without any real basis.  BEFORE YOU START CLAIMING THE PERPETRATORS AS FELLOW MMJ PATIENTS/PROVIDERS AND CLAIMING THAT THYE ARE VICTIMS OF leO'S ILLEGALACTIONS AND RPOOF OF A CONSPIRACY TO TARGET ALL MMJ PATIENTS/PROVIDERS <b>GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!</b>  Blindly claiming that the clearly criminal conduct is protected by our MMJ laws and proof that the criminals involved are victims of a conspiracy to persecute them is just as self defeating and down right stupid and saying that just because I happen to be a Christian who robs or shoots a Muslim and then get busted for it is part of a anti-christian conspiracy instead of holding me respoonsible for my criminal activity.<br><br>Every time people start yelling that someone who is clearly engaged in criminal behavior is being unfairly targeted because of his membership in a given minority, they are just discrediting the law abiding members of that minority.<br><br>If we have actual <b>clean law abiding MMJ patients/providers that are being targeted simply because they are MMJ patients/providers, then publicize it with the facts and the ability for the public to verify those facts, but please quit repeating stories without the facts!</b><br><br><b>Once again, my purpose is NOT to attack individuals but to target repeating scary misinformation as truth and causing panic!  It is also to expose MMJ community members who use that membership as an excuse to violate the provisions of the laws that we alreay have and then rally the community around defending their wrong criminal actions instead of furthering the good of the law abiding members of the MMJ community!</b>  If you don't like the laws that we have, then get involved in changing them -- don't use them to defend people who clearly violated them for their own good and when they get caught dirty claim that they are being persecuted!  There are enough publically known MMJ growers here in Spokane City limits that if even our ROGUE CHIEF WAS committed to harassing legal MMJ patients/providers, she could fill our jails overnight!  <br><br>Stop and think about it, IF there was this conspiracy that everyone seems to see lurking in the shadows but can't clearly define either the conspiracy or the conspirators, why in the HELL did our Rogue Chief send waring letters to the dispensaries within the City limits warning them to shut down or risk getting busted instead of just busting them all?  And if our rogue Chief is part of a State conspiracy, why didn't any of the dispensaries operating in the county outside of the City limits or inside of the adjoining City of Spokane Valley receive the same threatening letters and/or get busted?<br><br>As to the statistics of 25% of the LEOs supporting liberalization of the MJ laws versus 60% of th4e public, I don't know where your figures came form but in my experience with even SPD officers, at least 25% of them will privately admit to using MJ, and easily 60% privately say that our current war on drugs is NOT working and in large part to because LEOs have historically wasted resources on local small time growers, dealers and users of MJ instead of focusing on the organized crime influence and on hard drugs like METH.  Most of them agree that for every local grower, dealer or user that they bust, they have just forced many many customers into the clutches of the organized crime gangs and cartels.  They also agree that very very seldom is the violence that is occasionally connected with MJ the result of local activity but is almost always connected with organized crime and the drug cartels!<br><br>We need to quit antagonizing some of our best allies just because they are LEOs!<br><br>
  • theeyetye and enjoythetimespent like this

#14 Guest_no1luvsanalien_*

Guest_no1luvsanalien_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

Shut up? why would you say that? My mistake for want free flow of information and ideas.If it scares someone, good they should be scared . WE THE PEOPLE need to be fully informed.Do you think this is not possible? I am borderline at best. I supply a cancer patient who refuses to get her card , so what? Her response to getting a green card was: fuck that shit!

#15 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:07 PM

Please members don't make this personal against each other. Discussions, although heated sometimes are to help and create awareness not attack each other. Keep it civil!
  • Sprocket, CaliWildViolet420, wombat83 and 3 others like this

#16 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

Honored Retired Staff + (AKA: Sir ISO Goodnstoned)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:22 PM

Shut up? why would you say that? My mistake for want free flow of information and ideas.If it scares someone, good they should be scared . WE THE PEOPLE need to be fully informed.Do you think this is not possible? I am borderline at best. I supply a cancer patient who refuses to get her card , so what? Her response to getting a green card was: f*** that shit!

Bad idea for her NOT to get a card, IMO. With cancer she has every legit
reason to get one. Far better than the chance of some stupid thing happening
and having LEO show up and start arresting people. Cops might ignore the
MMJ if she has a card, but, without they [cops] are in a much tougher position
and could create many troubles for your friend.

Just sayin...

ISO

Edited by ISO2BWELL, 10 March 2010 - 10:02 PM.

• Sprocket, Sweetheart, theeyetye and 2 others like this

#17 wombat83

wombat83

wombat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationI live in Downtown Toronto, the heart of the fourth largest city in North America.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

I think this is relevant to the discussion.
The current policy on federal prosecution of medicinal marijuana users.

http://www.huffingto...l_n_325426.html

In Ontario, Canada, we have circumstances quite similar to those in Washington State. Our laws have been in a shambles for decades. Pot possession is quasi-legal for personal use if the quantity is under an oz. If you are caught with it you usually have your stuff taken away but its at the officer's discretion as to what happens after that. Police bust growhouses whenever they are found and even occasionally raid compassion centers, but our courts are a mess. There is no political will here to force the issue and we have languished in legal limbo since Trudeau was Prime Minister.
The point is that we all need better political leadership and we are the only ones who can do anything about that. Direct anger where it can do some good. Write your local politicians and demand change. Vote when you are able. Be kind and support those who need help.
We are all involved in this up to our necks.
Lets smoke a pipe of peace filled with excellent meds and work on a solution to our problems together.

wombat
  • I8ntLucky_UR, Sweetheart, theeyetye and 3 others like this

#18 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

Puff Puff Pass :bong: :).
  • Sprocket, CaliWildViolet420, wombat83 and 4 others like this

#19 theeyetye

theeyetye

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

Don, please, keep up the diplomacy, because no-one here, myself included, wants a fight, and certainly not in a place designed for nothing more than compassion. Not saying you were attacking anyone, as you clarified yourself, but I can see it quickly going in that direction if more isn't said about it. I think that I, although i can't speak for anyone else, just are just slightly confused first-off about what specifically your position is on the issue? In one sentence you were stating that this is the act of rogue police officers, and in another you are defending LEO's? Just want to understand exactly where you stand on the issue. I thought I was in agreement with you from my previous statements about them being right to prosecute someone who was willfully abusing the law, if it was blatant and no-one's rights were violated in the discovery of evidence of such things occurring. I don't personally have a problem with police, despite some bad experiences, and I understand they are in a difficult position in your state, but the things I say are said because National LEO agencies have not made secret their position in opposition to MMJ and other Cannabis decrim. laws nationwide. It's of my opinion that whether or not these folks in Spokane had violated the laws, LEO is all over these growers just waiting for someone to do the wrong thing, so they can make it into a larger problem than it truly is, and belittle those (the majority) who are minding the laws. I get the facts I mentioned in the most part from NORML's web site, so I guess like anything else they can be classified as disputable, although I take nothing I'm ever told at completely face value. If you disagree with me about the facts concerning LEO's 'official position' about the subjects, you can locate their web sites and read them for yourself. If you know police that smoke and speak out to you in support of these laws, I can assure you they are a silent majority. I would welcome you to even try encourage them to stand up and publicly support their positions, but I can assure you the stigma attached is not something they are likely to want to have to deal with. Don, I respect your opinions very much and nothing I said was meant to offend you or speak despairingly of your opinions. We all experience things differently and are led to different kinds of conclusions, to each their own. Furthermore, I couldn't agree with you more about encouraging people to stand up and fight to change the laws, although I'm confident that everything we do, everything this site does, and even disagreements like this all help with the most important aspect of it all; awareness, and motivation to get and continue to be involved.
  • I8ntLucky_UR, CaliWildViolet420, wombat83 and 2 others like this

#20 DonJones

DonJones

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:55 AM

theeyetye,

My point is the statement was made about the "state of Washington" wanting to push cases to court to force a decison that our laws were unconstitutionally vague. Then where appeared to be statements made about the actions of LEOs in "Washington State."

If those activities are happening outside of Spokane City limits by agencies other than the SPD, they are sure keeping it quiet, which kind contradicts the urban ledgend. If I was wanting to force the issue and/or harass the MMJ communittee, I owuld sure do everything with in my power to publicize the raids and let the press ignore the fact that I was NOT prosecuting case! Maybe they think differently, but that would sure be my plan.

That is precisely what SPD has done, take television crews along on high profile busts, arrest the "perpetrators and then go silent. They did that with both the raid on the CHANGE dispensary and the recent raid on the "complete but leagla grow operation" where they 22 year old son was dealing MJ treats, only the didn't arrest the MMJ paitient, just the son. The father was transported to the station house, questioned and released without any charges or bail. The only hting they seized was the growing MJ, prepared MJ and the MJ treats -- not the grow equipment.

Maybe I misuderstand the meaning of a "rogue police department" but I always thought it meant one who was out of control and unusual in its actions. In that context, my defense of the majority of LEOs doesn't seem to be at odds with my description of the improper actions of the few. Incidentally, base don my persona experiences with the members of the SPD and the experiences of my close friends and family, is that most of them privately agree that persecuting local growers, even those who make no attempt to hide behind the MMJ laws, is foolish, misguided and a waste of time, but offically they must toe the line or face disciplinary action and harassment at work.

AS to my request to PLEASE shut up , it was diredted presicely at the repeation of scary storioes with no facts or verifiable details to back them up. We are already way too paranoid, and I don't doubt that some of us have good reason to be fearful, to go around repeating scary urban legends that only serve to fan the fires of fear and paranoia.

As to the allegation that I don't want us to be informed, well thatis just the opposite of the truth. I want us to be very well informed, but do not want us misinformed and frightened by wive's tails. When I make a staement about what is happening, if I can't back it up with facts and verifiable details, then I need to back off, shut up and quit repeating rumors!

I don't think that I'many better than anyone else or that my advice applies only to other and not my self!

If calling someone's bluff to put up their facts or shut up is out of lline, then I guess I'm out of line and the couple of PM threats to ban me are worthless because I my continued particiapation on the forum is predicated on letting people spread rumors with out facts to back them up and letting them continue to spout them when asked ofro the facts behind them, then I don't want to be here nor do belong on a forum wheer people think it is alright to scream fire to further their conspiracy theories without being willing to show the facts to back them up. Do you think the freedom of speech only applies to people who agree with you ro allow you to stand up in a crowded room and scream at the top of your lungs "FIRE" without any basis, disregarding the resulting panic? I do not agree that even I have the right to say anything I want to say without being accountable to provide the facts or to ignore trhe results of my statements.

That is NOT freedom but anarchy and mob rule! I beg you to avoid those actions and attitudes.

We have way to many things to fight against and to worry about to beable to waste time fighting fires of panic and paranoia fanned by the repeatition of baseless rumors. If anyone can produce verifyable facts to support the claims that I was disputing, then I will not only apologize but gladly admit that I was wrong. Until then I stand by my denounciationof the spreading of fear and paranoia by repeating rumors, innuendos and urban legends.

Now as to the allegations that by describing an action as stupid, I am belittling the actor, I say BS. Very smart intelligent people do stupid things without becoming stupid themselves. On the other hand everyone can have moments of shear brillience! I have personally done way more than my share of downright stupid thing for whatever reason at the time and later thought about it and said to myself "Boy that was a stupid thing to do -- I know better than that, why did I do it?" and obviously I wasn't calling myself stupid but was owning up to the nature of what I did.

Rest assured that if I think you are stupid, then you aren't going to wonder about it because if I'm anythiing it is out spoken about my opinions of people groups and activities.

I love my oldest son dearly and admire high knowledge and intelligence greatly, but when he sold 1/4 oz andthen 1/2 oz to an undercover DEA agent based on a stranger having iarranged the sales and at the las tminute introduced the DEA agent into the transactions, I told him that was oneof the stupidest things he had done in a long time, but I still thought he was alot smarter than his actions showed. And guess what he agreed with me, stood up like a man and toook his year and a day sentence in the state correctional system without trying to claim that there was a conspiracy to get him because he had the basis for a recommendation but hadn't gotten one yet. He also knows and knew then that the recommendation at best only let him by from or sell to another patient, not to just anyone , and agruably doesn't even authorize us to sell to each other even though we are both patients.

I personally knowof several instances even here in Spokane withour rogue Chief where the patients and/or providers admit knowing what they were doing was illegal but instead of arresting them, the officers explained why they couldn't continue to do it and warned them. Does that sound like "the State of Washington is running around illegally raiding MMJ patients, seizing their MJ and equipment , holding them for 72 hours and then releasing them saying so sue us?"

Please remember the old standard format for inofrming people, who, when, where and how. Give me facts that are verifiable and I'll spread your warnings far and wide, even when I happen to believe that the "victim" created his own trouble by his foolishs or arrogant actions. If I rpovoke the cop, that doesn't make his reactoin any more right or wrong, but if I provoiked it then I must accept some of the responsibility and admit that had I not provoked the situation, it most likley would not have happened in the first place.

Peace to you all! Please just be careful about repeating rumors or urban legends that only frighten people without having all of the facts yourself.

Well I'm through with this. If anyone wants me ot clairfy myself, I'll respond gratefully but I'm not going ot argue any further. We all have much better things to do.

Oh, yes I'm very sure that I could have worded my comments differently and better, but I can only say I do the best I can at the moment. Hindsight is always much clearer than foresight.

Please everyone try to get every registered Washington State voter that we know to sign initiative I-1068 so we can put it to a vote of the people in November and also to vote for it so we can pass it. But we also need ot be prepared for the probable backlash from the government if we loose. That will embolden our enemies, so we can't afford to fail!
  • enjoythetimespent likes this

#21 CaliWildViolet420

CaliWildViolet420

Certified Caregiver Cultivator

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • LocationMountains

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

"We have way to many things to fight against and to worry about to beable to waste time fighting fires of panic and paranoia fanned by the repeatition of baseless rumors. If anyone can produce verifyable facts to support the claims that I was disputing, then I will not only apologize but gladly admit that I was wrong. Until then I stand by my denounciationof the spreading of fear and paranoia by repeating rumors, innuendos and urban legends."

Unfortunately, I feel compelled to step in here. My stepping in has nothing to do with this whole agenda, it is to ask very politely that you try to limit the posts that denounce any member or any information on here.
There are better ways to object to anything posted by any member. We live in a society highly governed by LEO.
We also live in a world where panic does exist, fear does exist and sometimes, when a person posts a bit of something, that they heard, the person does not always do that....to be belittled, or told they are misinformed. I also find the words used.."Shut up" to be inappropriate.
Politely and very slightly posting the facts below that individual/s, fear based bit of information is a better path.
This is not a dictatorship of thought, nor is is a military situation.
We all have powerful thoughts and ideas and we all understand moments when things are just shaking us to the core.
Please take a moment to come together on a bit more calm level of banter.
This is all I ask...thank you.
And I honestly ask this with all heart and soul....when I log on here..I am very sorry, but it breaks my heart to see dialogue taken to this level of scorn.

Edited by CaliWildViolet420, 11 March 2010 - 12:08 PM.

• I8ntLucky_UR, Sprocket, iradvs1 and 4 others like this

#22 wombat83

wombat83

wombat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationI live in Downtown Toronto, the heart of the fourth largest city in North America.

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

Nicely said Cali. Enough said... wombat
  • Sprocket, CaliWildViolet420 and DonJones like this

#23 DonJones

DonJones

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

In the interest of keeping our members accurately informed the SPD struck 2 Medical MJ growers again in Spokane today. However, it was NOT an attempt to hassel or discriminate against legal medical marijuana growing or use.

It was very simply a raid against an totally illegal grow where the criminals were trying to use the possession of MMJ recommendations as a front for a non-medical grow. The police seized 105 plants from a joint grow operated by 2 men, who happened to have recommendations.

Under our laws, the absolute maximum number of plants that any individual can possess is 30, 15 for him/her self and 15 for a patient that he/she is a legal provider for. The last time I checked, assuming that both men had their 15 and 15 plants each for 2 other patients that still is only 60, which means that they had nearly 75% more than the absolute maximum number of plants allowed 2 growers under our laws and without being providers too, 250 % more plants than they were allowed for themselves.

Once again, today's raid on 2 medical marijuana growers in North Spokane, WA was NOT in anyway part of an attack on legal medical marijuana patients and/or providers. It was a raid on 2 foolish illegal growers who thought they could hide behind recommendations.

Now you are informed on what actually happened. Incidentally, the regional drug task force was involved in the 2 year long investigation.

Edited by DonJones, 12 March 2010 - 01:04 PM.

#24 DonJones

DonJones

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

SB-5798 passed without the worrisome provision that the Board of Pharmacy had to approve the "tamper resistant paper" that recommendations will have to be on in the future. It also enlarged the list of health care professional who can write recommendations.

Here is a link to my detailed post on the subject

http://www.greenpass...8887#post228887

and here is the actual official text of the bill as posted on the legislatrure's website and as forwarded to the governor's office.

http://apps.leg.wa.g...e/5798-S.PL.pdf

Now we can concentrate our efforts on getting I-1068 on th eNovember ballot and hopefully passed in November without being distracted by what the legislature is or is not doing to change our MMJ laws.

Please call the Governor's office and request strongly that she sign SB-5798 as submitted to her without any modifications.

#25 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

Honored Retired Staff + (AKA: Sir ISO Goodnstoned)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

Don,

It seems they also removed the "original document only" phrasing from the
final version...or am I just not seeing that requirement????

The "tamper resistant paper" has been shown to be readily available to MD's
and Clinics...so that is not as big a concern now that they removed the
"Board of Pharmacy" requirement crap.

I wonder how this will affect patient Providers that are growing for someone
who is unable to grow their own? Under the new rules, is a copy of the
original document still sufficient for a Provider?

ISO
  • Sprocket likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users