56 replies to this topic

#26 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

keep chipping away, sweetheart...that is all we can do sometimes. God bless.
  • I8ntLucky_UR, SandiaMts, Lydia and 4 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

thanks...have emailed it all to him...have down loaded and printed off 51 pages and different other medical reserch on different aspects of stom list because dad has more than one type of cancer...its now everywhere...so there was a lot of infor pertinant to his various conditions, especially with nausea, weight gain, lung cancer, how canbiniods work..i read every one...i underlined the relevent information so he wouldn't have to put too much effort in...i spent 5 hours talking to the man who is supplying me while im awaiting for my plants to grow.....
and i am a medical health professional (retired lol thank god)...
i worked on the front line as it were for 15 years...and you learn a bit in that time...you've no choice...and you see a lot..and you hear peoples true life stories....so i reakon that sometimes i know a bit and i dont think that this is just blind faith....
i have faith that there is a god,that he made weed, he ment for it to help and that it is utter blashemy say otherwise....
and having explained all of this to my well educated father, who is fully compus mentus....his reply was.....

Hmmm...you might have a point...i'll think about it.

i was not impressed.

Keep pushing kaz hopefully you will get through in time to make a difference. Let him know why you are doing this. There are many of us that don't have parents left to even approach them on this. So don't give up. Wish the best for you and your father.
  • jangel, SandiaMts, Lydia and 4 others like this

#28 Melizzard

Melizzard

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

I had been stoned MANY times before the oil. However, I didn't like the pot high anyway ... ever. I have now learned to appreciate the feeling when I vape, but not if I overdo it. Same for the oil. I like the melty feeling (but not if it hits while I'm driving! LOL), but I do NOT like it if I get too much ... then I get scared shitless! Even though I know it won't hurt me, I try to just go to sleep and I get stuck on that precipice between being awake and asleep and I HATE it. I, for one, am looking VERY forward to maintenance doses! LOL

But for someone who has never been stoned, that's an amazing idea! Even now, if I overdo it, I make my husband come be with me ... is very reassuring that if something bad DOES happen (which it never has and, I'm sure, never will, but explain that to a THC-laden brain ... ROFL), he's got my back.

xxoo
Melizzard

i have....i was thinking last night as i was going to sleep about all the folks who hate the effects of hemp oil.....ie. the stoned feeling!!!

i got to thinking......a lot of folks who find themselves taking hemp oil for whatever reason or illness they may have have never been stoned in their life!!!

it must be quite frightening if you've never been stoned before thanks to all the crap press MJ gets.....so......in respect of my dad i got to wondering......
when my dad first took his first ever dose we were with him,,,,,i can remember saying things like..."you might feel dizzy"......you might feel sleepy....you might need to go lie down....all things that weren't very positive when i look back!!

so...what if i had sat down with him and talked him through his first "stone" and used more positive remarks to comfort him...in effect....helping him to ENJOY the feeling instead of freaking him out!!
maybe if we have contact with a patient who has never had it before we should be TEACHING them to enjoy being stoned......maybe a lot of what they feel is psychological and not real...well...a small portion at least!!

if i had sat with dad and talked and laughed and explained each sensation as it came he would feel more comfortable about it??

obviously this wouldn't work for everyone...maybe dad would still despise it even if i had done it but it just might make a difference to someone?!!!

just a wee scots thought for the day!!!:cool:

• jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 1 other like this

#29 Budly

Budly

Mystic Scientist Engineer Survivor

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationover the rainbow

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:56 PM

In addition to THC and the cannabinoids we all know and love, hemp oil also contains 4-5% beta-caryophyllene, which is a legal and potent cannabinoid in its own right. beta-caryophyllene specifically binds to, and activates the CB2 receptor, which is only found outside brain tissue. Thus it has no psychoactive effects. However, according to several published reports, it is a potent and effective pain reliever. I haven't tried it myself, but I've read that it is very potent and just a few drops is all you should use. beta-caryophyllene is found in many common spices, but the best source I've found so far is copaiba oil, which is around 50% beta-caryophyllene. It's cheap too, only about $10 for 100ml. Hope this helps, Budly
  • jangel, JointGirl, Lydia and 3 others like this

#30 godspeedsuckah

godspeedsuckah

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hmmm...you might have a point...i'll think about it.

i was not impressed.

Sounds to me like he is really considering it.
  • Itinkso, teddys head and sandbreak like this

#31 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

Back from the dead...literally!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:45 AM

Tink you REALLY have a point on this!!!! Believe it or not, there IS a segment of the population (as you and others know), that is pretty anxious about trying to treat themselves. I am honest and open enough to admit that I am one of those people. Fortunately, I have relatives close enough to do this....when the time is right. That time is rapidly approaching for me....we are going to have a "vacation" of sorts. I want my wife with me the entire time. SHE has the final say when it comes to this...PERIOD DOT. My biggest fear, and I certainly appreciate the compassion expressed here, is that I will "not be the same person". In a way, I hope that this is true, but not in the way you would think right away. I "hope" that this journey, and it is one, will assist with the medical issues I have. But in NO way will it cause a problem in my relationship with my wife. I am pretty sure that I have done more research on this subject than the average person....being educated, open-minded, and honest with my family and myself can only help. I am not going to start directly with hemp-oil, but rather, start by vaporizing a very small dose of MMJ. I think for ME this will be the best way to start.:):)
  • jangel, Lydia, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#32 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:35 AM

Perhaps someone could compile a cd to listen to when having one's first stone. A calm, soothing voice narrating wh@ one may go through...a description of the different stones, different effects, ways to cope with wh@ you go through. Some relaxing background noises...some mental exercises to judge mental acuity... Variations on this theme could be put together for different age groups....smhug.gif muA
  • jangel, Itinkso, ButterLady and 2 others like this

#33 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

I think we should stick this thread.

bump!Posted Image
  • Itinkso and teddys head like this

#34 crane

crane

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

not sure if i'm doing this right, new member, my wife and I will be helping her sister. she was recently diagnosed with rectal cancer and is in her third week of chemo and radiation. we plan to make her some capsules but feeling kind of overwhelmed right now. can someone guide me in the right direction as to determining a "dose" for her, she will be a first time user but since my wife and I smoke she doesn't seem to be apprehensive. thanks......crane

#35 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:19 AM

not sure if i'm doing this right, new member, my wife and I will be helping her sister. she was recently diagnosed with rectal cancer and is in her third week of chemo and radiation. we plan to make her some capsules but feeling kind of overwhelmed right now. can someone guide me in the right direction as to determining a "dose" for her, she will be a first time user but since my wife and I smoke she doesn't seem to be apprehensive. thanks......crane

hi crane....i would go very easy on the doses if she has never been a smoker or used....if you are putting oil in the caps it can be VERY strong stuff...much stronger than smoking....too much won't harm her...she would just feel uncomfortable for a few hours but it can be enough to put people off(speaking from experience!!..LOL!)....so go easy on the doses and build them up gradually as she becomes acclimatised!!....hope that helps...if you have more questions ask away!!!....my dad is/was using oil to treat colorectal cancer so if i can help you any please feel free to ask...here's a link to his story!!... https://www.greenpas...e-mans-journey/
  • jangel, teddys head and sandbreak like this

#36 time4me

time4me

nature lover

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

I have read that you start with an amount the size of a grain of rice, and increase gradually. I was already using tincture when I went to oil, so I went with a much larger dose. It really is individual, but the grain of rice thing makes sense.

#37 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

great thread! one of my friends (who doesnt smoke) I help had multiple cancers removed and bought some hemp oil through a dispensary but it was 'too strong' and he felt 'way to groggy the next day' The half grain of rice idea with gradual increase is perfect, I will tell him right now! thank you all

Edited by MCOne, 02 December 2010 - 01:33 PM.

#38 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:06 PM

really great thread! mom and i sat together the first time. i guided her through the "wonderment" of cannabis...all the things i love about it. she had a great time. that was many years ago, recreationally. dosing in front of new users is a great idea, but i am usually dosed from the moment i wake so have been stopped from demonstration by fear of overdose, which for me takes some dosing. high tolerance. in experimentation with whole plant extractions, catalyst in particular is applicable here. it is a high cbd strain....pain killer. but as the skunk pharmers (graywolf in particular) continued to test the strain, found that it would kill a head high. i'll be if he was not right! mean trick to play on your friends, jd! so.....it seems to me that those folks could be dosed with a stain of the high cbd nature and be just fine. and, according to the research, both cbd and thc kill cancer, so dose is the same. sound reasonable? shoot, if you had someone who was freaking, you could even neutralize the thc head, if what we experienced is universally true which would stand to reason. i would also suggest using a more indica dominant strain for first time users if one cannot find a high cbd strain. those sativas tend to be heady. we are experimenting with long heat decarboxilation of various extractions to improve the sleep component, thc conversion to cbd. we know a refluxed alcohol extraction produces better sleep meds, butane better day meds. since an ethanol quick wash is very heady but does not extract the quantity of chlorophyll and waxes as a refluxed extraction, it is a more pure extraction, and less likely to irritate the stomach. but can heat remove the speediness and make it more sedative? we think yes.
  • jangel, Itinkso, ButterLady and 5 others like this

#39 EmeraldCityOasis

EmeraldCityOasis

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationU.S

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:36 AM

This information is great. Thanks to all for posting such good stuff. I have recommended this site to friends/family who are considering trying medical marijuana because the members of this board are helpful, compassionate and knowledgeable.
  • jangel, Itinkso, teddys head and 2 others like this

#40 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

This information is great. Thanks to all for posting such good stuff. I have recommended this site to friends/family who are considering trying medical marijuana because the members of this board are helpful, compassionate and knowledgeable.

Welcome to GreenPassion Emerald!

Nice to meet you.

Peace
  • Itinkso, teddys head and DEBhasgrn like this

#41 Guest_farmboy420_*

Guest_farmboy420_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

Very interesting posts, always looking for ways to consume MMJ. I have personally been able to quit tking 3 different kinds of meds that I had taken for years. The medical benefits of Hemp continue to amaze me. Thanks for all the great info in the posts....Happy New Year and continue the fight for our cause.

#42 JustusKeepingreen

JustusKeepingreen

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

This has been a very helpful thread. Thanks for all of the great ideas everyone!
  • jangel, Itinkso and teddys head like this

#43 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:00 AM

Excellent thread! I'm currently struggling with my own feelings about getting high - something I did as a teen, but rejected after a terrible experience with street weed that was laced with something - I now believe that "something" was PCP. In any event, I had intense flashbacks for a long time afterwards and episodes of extreme anxiety as a result. so my even considering mmj is a big, big step. And even though I like a mellow-ish high, I'm anxious about getting truly stoned. any suggestions? (I plan on some vaping but am mainly going to concentrating on glycerin-based tincture ... and canna root balm in the future.) Should add that my tolerance is extremely low! And that I am mainly looking for relief from neuropathic pain; also (to a lesser extent) arthritis and muscle pain and spasms, especially in my jaw, neck and shoulders. (I have a fibromyalgia diagnosis.)

Edited by sandbreak, 21 September 2011 - 02:02 AM.

#44 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

Excellent thread!

I'm currently struggling with my own feelings about getting high - something I did as a teen, but rejected after a terrible experience with street weed that was laced with something - I now believe that "something" was PCP. In any event, I had intense flashbacks for a long time afterwards and episodes of extreme anxiety as a result.

so my even considering mmj is a big, big step.

And even though I like a mellow-ish high, I'm anxious about getting truly stoned.

any suggestions? (I plan on some vaping but am mainly going to concentrating on glycerin-based tincture ... and canna root balm in the future.)

Should add that my tolerance is extremely low! And that I am mainly looking for relief from neuropathic pain; also (to a lesser extent) arthritis and muscle pain and spasms, especially in my jaw, neck and shoulders. (I have a fibromyalgia diagnosis.)

Every part of the plant is useful for dealing with pain, not just the buds.

If you try a topical balm it will help with muscular soreness and spasms. Even the roots are usable for a balm and many members with the same symptoms as yourself have used it successfully. Plus this never makes you high at all. You can use the roots for topicals as well as leaves and stems for another type of balm.

Check my signature for HAO and here is a link to Medi's thread on the root balm.

Root Balm.

As well, it is a totally different high than smoking when you take oil. gentler and less over whelming..

Especially if you use a high CBD strain or add stems etc to increase healing properties in your oil.

Just very small dabs at first will give you an idea, and you can slowly increase as your tolerance rises.

Keep asking questions too...we are here to help you dear.

J
  • Itinkso, teddys head, Luc and 1 other like this

#45 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

thanks so much, jangel! Actually, I don't smoke (anything), so vaping is one of my alternatives. I *wish* I lived in a place where I could do the extraction for HAO, but... it's not something I feel OK about trying, given my living arrangements. Maybe in the future? For now, tincture seems to be the best option, along with root balm. (btw, I'm not about to dump *any* part of the plant - there's no point getting rid of something that is useful, now is there? :))

#46 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

thanks so much, jangel!

Actually, I don't smoke (anything), so vaping is one of my alternatives.

I *wish* I lived in a place where I could do the extraction for HAO, but... it's not something I feel OK about trying, given my living arrangements. Maybe in the future?

For now, tincture seems to be the best option, along with root balm. (btw, I'm not about to dump *any* part of the plant - there's no point getting rid of something that is useful, now is there? :))

Many folks are nervous about using solvents for extractions...it is only right they should be after hearing of all the ways this can go south on you!

There are alternatives our folks have found, to make their healing meds as well, safer for sure and less possiblility of ruining the meds....check this one out by stoned ranger:

Uncle Bill's No Nonsense Pain Releif

Read also the companion article with comments by folks that have used it and questions answered.

J
  • Itinkso, teddys head and Luc like this

#47 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

thanks again, jangel. Now that looks like something that's do-able here. :)
  • jangel, Itinkso and Luc like this

#48 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

thanks again, jangel. Now that looks like something that's do-able here. :)

Good!

And if you have questions Bill will answer them.

He is a good man and only wants to help.

Peace and good luck sweetie.

J
  • Itinkso, Luc and sandbreak like this

#49 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

I'll let everyone know how things turn out. I'm about 2 weeks away from being able to start the processes...

#50 sandbreak

sandbreak

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

Wanted to add that being really, truly relaxed is one of the things I'm looking for - and that I hate the side effects of otherwise effective pharma muscle relaxants. Being mildly-moderately high on cannabis is much nicer!

In other words, I am willing to get past my own fears due to the decades-old bad experiences that I mentioned above, but I guess I have to take it slowly. I can tell you that I've experienced muscle relaxation and some pain relief from vaping trim, though I'm not sure that vaping is the best method when it comes to neuropathic pain.... (I say that partly because I'm looking for longer-lasting relief than an inhalant will give...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users