56 replies to this topic

#1 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:57 AM

i have....i was thinking last night as i was going to sleep about all the folks who hate the effects of hemp oil.....ie. the stoned feeling!!! i got to thinking......a lot of folks who find themselves taking hemp oil for whatever reason or illness they may have have never been stoned in their life!!! it must be quite frightening if you've never been stoned before thanks to all the crap press MJ gets.....so......in respect of my dad i got to wondering...... when my dad first took his first ever dose we were with him,,,,,i can remember saying things like..."you might feel dizzy"......you might feel sleepy....you might need to go lie down....all things that weren't very positive when i look back!! so...what if i had sat down with him and talked him through his first "stone" and used more positive remarks to comfort him...in effect....helping him to ENJOY the feeling instead of freaking him out!! maybe if we have contact with a patient who has never had it before we should be TEACHING them to enjoy being stoned......maybe a lot of what they feel is psychological and not real...well...a small portion at least!! if i had sat with dad and talked and laughed and explained each sensation as it came he would feel more comfortable about it?? obviously this wouldn't work for everyone...maybe dad would still despise it even if i had done it but it just might make a difference to someone?!!! just a wee scots thought for the day!!!:rolleyes:
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, Michael and 12 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:09 AM

Makes alot of sense Tink. Just having all those new sensations flooding over you and not knowing anything about it other then the bad press. :rolleyes:
  • jangel, SmokeToLive, wereallstoned and 9 others like this

#3 Spaceview

Spaceview

Fair and Balanced Honoured Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3838 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:10 AM

Good thought Tink. I think we should all think about complete care. It may not be enough to provide MMJ or Hemp Oil, some folks need company too. Peace.
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, SmokeToLive and 9 others like this

#4 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:12 AM

thats it exactly lucky......it must have been scary for dad....it must still be since he still hates it with a vengeance.....and lets face it...its pretty strong stuff we're shoving down the poor mans neck...i wish now with hindsight i had thought it through more carefully...i could have made such a difference to how he handles it...too late now....but not for someone else!!!!

#5 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

Good thought Tink. I think we should all think about complete care. It may not be enough to provide MMJ or Hemp Oil, some folks need company too.

Peace.

complete care!!!.....exactly space.......i know of a few folks who could've benefited from stoner lessons!!!!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, SmokeToLive and 8 others like this

#6 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:21 AM

Good thought, it is always positive, no negative energy or vibe from the onset, smile, explain and laugh... no fear, smile, positive!.... It also helps to take a dose, I sit with the patient and let them judge me and my reactions to the med for their first time. Then when they can see I am still me, they will start easier and not have the stoner phobia as badly. IMHO

Edited by XBRPete, 28 February 2010 - 10:27 AM.
spelling

• jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, wereallstoned and 7 others like this

#7 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:23 AM

Good thought, it is always positive, no negative energy or vibe from the onset, smile, explain and laugh... no fear, smile, positive!....

It also helps to take a dose, I sit with the patient and let them judge me and my reactions to the med for their first time. Then when they can see you are still you, they will start easier and not have the stoner phobia as badly.

IMHO

thats a brilliant idea pete...then...you get to get stoned too!!!!:rolleyes:

#8 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

Yes, but I stay straight before the test and let them question me, I am honest and up front, the more I can ease their mental stress, the better for the oil to work... it is a package in my humble opinion...mind, body and soul in harmony

#9 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:35 AM

doh....i can't believe i never thought of this already!!!....you should have told me pete!!!LOL!!

#10 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

I guess we should have talked more on the serious side... lots of silly but there is the other going on eh?
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, wereallstoned and 8 others like this

#11 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:41 AM

there is....and it would have helped if i even knew you back then!!...LOL!!!...was a long time ago now when dad took his first dose!!!

#12 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

yeah, but with you, I know there will be others as you pay it forward... next time!

#13 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:47 AM

Two of the patients I work with are stoners so there is not a problem. There is another young lady that had never taken a puff and she is 43, just about your age. Lots more fears than I would have thought. That is where I did the oil with her, she lives very close by....
  • jangel, wereallstoned, GeeGee and 7 others like this

#14 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:26 AM

what is she using it for pete....another MS patient?

#15 peacepipe

peacepipe

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1309 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:38 AM

Did this epiphany come to you while pondering the plight of puppies on puff 'n other stuff? I really get what you mean about what non-stoners must feel. 'Tis something to think on. 'Tink, don't worry about what you could have done when you have really done what you could!

#16 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:43 AM

LOL...thanks peace....i'm not one to worry too long about what might have been anyway....onwards and upwards always!!! some of my best thoughts come to me when i'm drifting off...the difficulty is in remembering them the next day so i can post!!!!....but this one stuck...so here we are!!!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, wereallstoned and 6 others like this

#17 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

Yeah Tink, another MS patient.... I seem single sighted but I see Tim and am drawn to those so afflicted....

#18 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:49 AM

single sighted isn't a bad thing pete.....who would refute such amazing results as those you've had!!!....i could say the same of myself....all my contacts have cancer!!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, wereallstoned and 5 others like this

#19 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:56 AM

seems that is how it is going to work....small circles of specific ailments... I wonder if others gifting have similar circumstance?

#20 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

I have a patiant with IBS and one with cancer. Both smoke though. I have also taken the oil and made myself sick with it. my fault totally, I took way too much, cleaning up after loading it up for patiants. My point is this: Having had the experiance of taking too much and knowing how it feels I can understand the fear after having taken it of people that have never smoked. It can be scary to feel this way. What I suggested with my pataint is for her to take a very small dose, and in front of me, so I could help her. NOT to over do and to start gradually. I beleive if we do this, when they show this fear, and by a small dose I mean half a rice grain OR LESS, they might not even feel it at first. Then gradually increase say over a week. Her pain from IBS has stopped since she started. She feels a calming afterwards. I have her on a smaller dose, say, than you want for cancer, but it is working. And she has never felt really high off it at all. I think it is because the dose size is so small. In time, I will get her to increase it, and see how that helps her over time. I am also trying to get her to journal for me, but she is just 18 so it is hard to get her to do it. But it is working...and she has never felt high yet...just calm and no pain.
  • godspeedsuckah, I8ntLucky_UR, wereallstoned and 8 others like this

#21 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

thats amazing J.........!!!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, wereallstoned and 4 others like this

#22 Lydia

Lydia

ॐ ॐ ॐ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1784 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

i really wanted to be there for dad, but he was having none of it...i was quite disappointed cause i was pretty chuffed aquirung the stuff in the first place....i was looking forward to being stoned with my dad...that we'd endevour to be stoned together...was not to be...i got stoned alone. maybe someday soon....
  • godspeedsuckah, jangel, I8ntLucky_UR and 7 others like this

#23 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

it will happen kaz......maybe he just needs some time??......i feel for you and know exactly how you feel!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, wereallstoned and 4 others like this

#24 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Maybe you should try smoking a joint with him first...tell him that it is recommended for nausea and insomnia...get him to read Storm Crow's List...just get him used to the idea this is a prescribed medicine for many illnesses...get him to watch a vid on utube. Show him how it has stopped tremors for parkensons disease. I can find the vid if you need it. It is on here as well. Get him to watch Run from the Cure on youtube...and then talk from your heart to him. If he sees how much this means to you, and how much you are trying to help him, maybe it will help.
  • I8ntLucky_UR, wereallstoned, SandiaMts and 4 others like this

#25 Lydia

Lydia

ॐ ॐ ॐ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1784 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

thanks...have emailed it all to him...have down loaded and printed off 51 pages and different other medical reserch on different aspects of stom list because dad has more than one type of cancer...its now everywhere...so there was a lot of infor pertinant to his various conditions, especially with nausea, weight gain, lung cancer, how canbiniods work..i read every one...i underlined the relevent information so he wouldn't have to put too much effort in...i spent 5 hours talking to the man who is supplying me while im awaiting for my plants to grow..... and i am a medical health professional (retired lol thank god)... i worked on the front line as it were for 15 years...and you learn a bit in that time...you've no choice...and you see a lot..and you hear peoples true life stories....so i reakon that sometimes i know a bit and i dont think that this is just blind faith.... i have faith that there is a god,that he made weed, he ment for it to help and that it is utter blashemy say otherwise.... and having explained all of this to my well educated father, who is fully compus mentus....his reply was..... Hmmm...you might have a point...i'll think about it. i was not impressed.
  • godspeedsuckah, jangel, I8ntLucky_UR and 6 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users