- - - - -

OGG 2010, how are you doing it?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_serial_killer_*

Guest_serial_killer_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:15 AM

I know I have been looking forward to this for awhile now, I have been saving seeds all year and have almost 10 grams of mature seeds to plant. I'm thinking about what to do with them all, of course there is the parks and stuff, old industrial plots that dont get tended much, taking my canoe down the river and planting them along the bank. The idea I am really liking tho is to go to the top soil place, where you take your truck and and get your own load, not all bagged up, just off the pile, (of course getting some dirt since I need it anyway and so I'd have a reason to be there) but then as I'm leaving tossing the seeds out into the dirt pile, that way when everyone gets soil and takes it home they will get spread out all over. So whats everyone's plans this year? Happy growing!

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:25 AM

I8nt_lucky_UR has a great idea ! Go to the nursery in the spring, and when you see all the starts,either for veggies or flowers, push a little seed into the cell pacs. Then they will go all over the place! I have a jar I keep dumping seeds into. It of course is not full, but I accidently had a crop seeded so I just keep dumping them all in there, so I will have a stock of them...this is my OGG seed pot.
  • Tokecrazy, jonnyappleweed420, Patrong and 6 others like this

#3 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

There is a facility that is backed by a wonderful plot of land, they have cars with lights ......... Have a bag of schwag seeds gonna be scattered about behind the place
  • Tokecrazy, jonnyappleweed420, jangel and 6 others like this

#4 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5521 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:44 AM

bump bump,

spring is coming to the N hemisphere...

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR OGG 2010?

Attached Files

• Tokecrazy, jonnyappleweed420, jangel and 7 others like this

#5 cmpkilyrslf

cmpkilyrslf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:48 AM

city hall / main street / police station / rest stops / .... ANYWHERE with sprinklers.... let do it together ... great idea with tossing seeds into soil / other seed packages .
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, ileso and 6 others like this

#6 theeyetye

theeyetye

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

I think Highway Medians, too. Wasn't it Eleanore Roosevelt who planted flowers all over the highways in the northeast? Something like that. . .
  • Tokecrazy, jonnyappleweed420, jangel and 5 others like this

#7 theeyetye

theeyetye

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

oh, 1 more cent.... there is a river frequently canoed here in FL, narrow river mostly through woods, with very few houses.... ...it's called the peace river!! Very fertile river banks. I'll call it the "peace river project"
  • Tokecrazy, jonnyappleweed420, jangel and 6 others like this

#8 jonnyappleweed420

jonnyappleweed420

Admin/Vid Artist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1113 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

I've been spreading mine up and down I-95 from D.C to FLA. So if you're in the area keep an EYE out for my babies. Last year they said they found 1000 plants just off the interstate in Winsor N.C. LOL More like 100 lying S.O.B.'s (they found what they were supposed too) LOL Wait til this summer it's going to be a blast watching them run up and down 95 pulling up plants. Peace Jonny
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, GeeGee and 7 others like this

#9 Smoke'n'Choke

Smoke'n'Choke

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:58 AM

let me get this straight....OGG is all about planting as many plants or introducing weed everywhere they can...even if they dont look after them till maturity...just making a point that we had enough seeds to throw around so f**** you "the man" you aint never stopping us!!! am i getting the idea? lol sounds hella funni "having a good chuckle"
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, theeyetye and 5 others like this

#10 Lydia

Lydia

ॐ ॐ ॐ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1784 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:36 AM

brill idea...mind you living where i do it wouldn't grow....not enough sunshine here...and much to cold...i'll just have to plant them all indoors...lol!!!
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, GeeGee and 4 others like this

#11 grayjay

grayjay

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1449 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:11 AM

I know I have been looking forward to this for awhile now, I have been saving seeds all year and have almost 10 grams of mature seeds to plant. I'm thinking about what to do with them all, of course there is the parks and stuff, old industrial plots that dont get tended much, taking my canoe down the river and planting them along the bank. The idea I am really liking tho is to go to the top soil place, where you take your truck and and get your own load, not all bagged up, just off the pile, (of course getting some dirt since I need it anyway and so I'd have a reason to be there) but then as I'm leaving tossing the seeds out into the dirt pile, that way when everyone gets soil and takes it home they will get spread out all over.

So whats everyone's plans this year?

Happy growing!

SK, I got a load of compost from my local municipality last year that was so hot it killed all my seedlings, made a raised bed and filled it with this compost very hi in Nitrogen, seed cracked, sprouted, and died.

So be sure its top soil and not composttwocents.gif
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, Aint easy bein Geezy and 2 others like this

#12 JointGirl

JointGirl

Medicine man

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

How about this for releasing seeds - OVERGROWING THE WORLD!

280 Balloons -
10seeds per balloon (wrapped in a biodegradable paper)-
A few stuffed Jiffy Pucks-
A couple tanks of Helium-
Lots of friends to help-
Some Blunts and Joints to say farewell-

OVERGROWING THE GOVERNMENT - OVERGROWING THE WORLD!

Jointgirl
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, GeeGee and 3 others like this

#13 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:32 AM

awwwww......i wish i had spare seeds....kaz....we can do this if we want.....if you had spare auto flowers lying around they would do ok outdoors!!!
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, JointGirl and 4 others like this

#14 theeyetye

theeyetye

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:09 AM

I've been spreading mine up and down I-95 from D.C to FLA.
So if you're in the area keep an EYE out for my babies.
Last year they said they found 1000 plants just off the interstate in Winsor N.C. LOL
More like 100 lying S.O.B.'s (they found what they were supposed too) LOL
Wait til this summer it's going to be a blast watching them run up and down 95 pulling up plants.
Peace
Jonny

Excellent Johnny, I'll be frequenting this stretch the next couple of months and will add some plants to your efforts (and snatch a bud if i get lucky at a rest stop!).
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, JointGirl and 3 others like this

#15 JointGirl

JointGirl

Medicine man

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

WHO WAS THE CREATOR OF THE IDEA OVER-GROWING THE GOV'T?
Who's original idea was it? Was it JAngels? Or 'GreenPassions', or is this an idea that has floated around for generations? Was it first mentioned in high times - or has it never been mentioned in such magazines? I am doing a little 'research' on the subject, and would appreciate ANY help! I like to be as informed as possible when advocating an idea. :)

Thanks,
Jointgirl
  • Tokecrazy, GeeGee, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#16 passionatesmoker

passionatesmoker

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

Yes I'd like to know too, we definitely need to go ahead and just one day all go to Washington disable the white house security and plant 10k marijuana plants for obama.

#17 theeyetye

theeyetye

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

I can't speak to recent efforts, but I can say this idea is probably nearly as old as prohibition itself. I know, I was just telling someone this, where I grew up on Long Island, NY, 60's-generation groups had started planting wild in the woods wherever they could, and had created a wild stock that was thriving. You could still find plants out there as recently as 10-15 years ago before NY state and the county started an eradication program.

#18 passionatesmoker

passionatesmoker

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

Sorry for double post, That video is awesome. Some of us should go ahead and release that many balloons with seeds. Either way if you copied the idea the balloons would definitely be found and not in the water :

#19 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:13 AM

Hey All, I started the OGG last year.I was watching Marc Emery and he said in a interview over grow your government. Well that's where it started and I push it a long. In a few weeks I will be doing announcement on this years OGG 2010. For it will be spring time in most of the world.Thank you All for getting on board and fighting this prohibition. Thanks, Peace
  • jangel, JointGirl, Aint easy bein Geezy and 2 others like this

#20 JointGirl

JointGirl

Medicine man

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:26 AM

Well Thanks Toke for spreading the news! I first heard the idea last year... and since then, I saved EVERY SEED from every bag that was brought into my house. Every friend that stopped by to burn was asked to donate their seeds to my "new Bucket" - NO SEED WAS LEFT BEHIND! No one threw em in the ashtrays any longer - to just see them emptied into the trash. OOH NO- NOT HERE! They got deposited directly into the FREE THE WEED Seed Container!

So I saved them all year - And now my bucket bottom is covered in seeds! A WHOLE YEARS WORTH! This 4/20 Will start my New Tradition off!

I will sprinkle the seeds every 4/20 that I have saved from the previous year! I LOVED J's Idea of taking handfuls to the nursery to "flower-Shop"! Stick a few here... A few there... You NEVER KNOW what will make it, and get re-planted! 1 Things for sure... The nursery it's self will pamper your little seedling from the day you leave it, until the day it is discovered! And who knows... HOW MANY WILL GO TO A NEW HOME IN A FRESHLY PREPARED GARDEN AND BE RE-PLANTED? If sprinkled in between some marigolds or something, they would get pretty big before anyone noticed a difference in plant species? Or planted directly in the middle of some large patio potted arangements - Unsuspecting customers would think it was supposed to be growing right out the middle... They might even 'let it go, and wait for it to flower?' Who knows HOW MANY will survive? It sure sounds FUN to find out!
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, GeeGee and 4 others like this

#21 theeyetye

theeyetye

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

that's not a bad idea you got there. I had a buddy in landscaping...most of his customers never even walked through their own yard, that was the 'help's job', the plants were there to be seen. he'd always claim he had plants hidden in peoples out-of-sight landscape beds, and most made it to maturity because he was the only one who ever got close enough to them to notice!
  • Tokecrazy, jangel, JointGirl and 5 others like this

#22 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5521 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:37 AM

bump bump... for everyone in the northern hemisphere... its OGG time... how are you helping out to overgrow your government?
  • jangel, grayjay, Aint easy bein Geezy and 2 others like this

#23 loolagigi

loolagigi

Exiled

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1542 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:43 AM

that's not a bad idea you got there. I had a buddy in landscaping...most of his customers never even walked through their own yard, that was the 'help's job', the plants were there to be seen. he'd always claim he had plants hidden in peoples out-of-sight landscape beds, and most made it to maturity because he was the only one who ever got close enough to them to notice!

i used to do landscaping and this could very easily happen. damn, why didnt i think of that?, lol

#24 Charlie Foxtrot

Charlie Foxtrot

aka Pappy

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:52 AM

Please don't use balloons, for this project. Birds and animals choke or get caught in the rubber and strings. Many creatures suffer and die from such activities. I have found dead animals and birds, many times, over the years that have had an encounter with humans' thoughtlessness. It sounds like a good idea, but, please don't do it. Peace
  • jangel, GeeGee, grayjay and 4 others like this

#25 loolagigi

loolagigi

Exiled

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1542 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:56 AM

Please don't use balloons, for this project. Birds and animals choke or get caught in the rubber and strings. Many creatures suffer and die from such activities. I have found dead animals and birds, many times, over the years that have had an encounter with humans' thoughtlessness.

It sounds like a good idea, but, please don't do it.

Peace

why would someone use balloons? did i miss something?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users