- - - - -

Grannys List Project Idea.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SomeDude_*

Guest_SomeDude_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:26 AM

I run across people all of the time that have never heard about G.L. at all. Well.. this just kind of sucks and with the power of all 5500+ of us here worldwide, WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Lets all take a piece of granny's list and we can all make little `ads` and then put an ass-load of different ads/posts/whatever on free posting sites like craigslist/etc.

Use some creativity, don't be lame and just copy and paste.

We can use the latest version of G.L. that is Google docs for the link/content for the project. ( Plus using Google's network and servers, we don't kick the crap out of G.P. in the process :D: )

G.L. Q1-2010
https://docs.google....5MDM0ODAy&hl=en

:) :pns:

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

I think that by GL being on google docs makes it convenient to send the link to friends and such,, that gives them the choice to down load it or book mark it... Thank you Some Dude,,
  • Sprocket, Trogdor and Itinkso like this

#3 Trogdor

Trogdor

Resident Deprogrammer

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:17 AM

I can't click on any of the links in the Google docs version of the List.
  • jangel, Storm Crow, Sprocket and 2 others like this

#4 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for telling us this...I will ask the dude to check it out. peace
  • Sprocket, Trogdor, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#5 CaliWildViolet420

CaliWildViolet420

Certified Caregiver Cultivator

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • LocationMountains

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

Actually, while I may not like dispensaries, for some they are wonderful. Asking the dispensary to post the list, on their sites, would be a good way of getting the word out to many people. In addition, if the dispensary agrees to do so and it is within the guidelines...A good dispensary might print out the list and offer it as additional, educational information to the patients. This would in turn, also have Green Passion, mentioned as a source for the list online and both sides would benefit....as well as the world. Just because we all spend a lot of time on here, does not mean that is the case for the majority of people, who use, grow or want to know more about medicinal cannabis. Most of the people I know in this area, barely use a computer or do not have access to one. In addition to that, for the most part, many people have little time to be cruising Craigs List for anything other than vital equipment.

#6 Trogdor

Trogdor

Resident Deprogrammer

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

I printed the List out once last fall. It's over 120 pages and currently filling a whole binder. That's just title/link format - if you add the Bottom line from the late CannaLink.org/granny database it will be much longer, by a lot. I intend to compile a version of the list in the future that incorporates the "Bottom line" summaries - you can see what I'm talking about at:

GRANNY'S MASTER LIST [Concept Forum]
on The.CannabisReEducationTeam.com:

http://tinyurl.com/CRET-GRANNY-CONCEPT

One day in the future, after many, many hours of work, Granny's Master List will be available in its entirety on our website. It's a ton of work. But it will be worth it. Once it's ready, a new version of the List will be built for distribution with the Bottom line included. It will be the best version of the List ever.... unless somebody else beats me to it!

We are starting with:

Parent Category: CANCER
http://The.CannabisR...eam.com/cancer/

Also, The CRET Anti-Cancer Flyer is being redesigned, hopefully to be completed before April. The link to Granny's List will be changed
to: http://The.CannabisR...Team.com/granny

Right now we are working on redesigning the flyer (especially the backside) and it's going to be big! You guys are gonna love it.

Stay tuned.....

• Sprocket, Itinkso and DEBhasgrn like this

#7 PlantBoxer

PlantBoxer

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

Trogdor, thats just amazing work! I'm just gobbsmacked!! That's some sensational, education tool!! I've searched so long for a sliver of that....you guys are amazing..

#8 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

Trogdor I have a question.. I just don't understand why you are changing Granny's list,, Maybe I am missing something but, It seems to me that Granny has worked very hard on this list, It is her creation and I was under the impression that she loved it the way it is.....Please excuse me if I am wrong....
  • Sprocket, CaliWildViolet420, Trogdor and 1 other like this

#9 CaliWildViolet420

CaliWildViolet420

Certified Caregiver Cultivator

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2177 posts
  • LocationMountains

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:56 PM

Deb..I have no idea..but I don't think it is really being changed...just maybe organized for some who need a different way to search..I don't know..I think it is amazing, just as it is...but all people have different views... If the list is printed out and offered in pamphlet or book form, there just may be a different format.....?:-) I would think that they would have asked her permission...and did out of respect..but I do not know much about that either...

#10 Trogdor

Trogdor

Resident Deprogrammer

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

To answer your question:

I did not change Granny's List. I merely copied CannaLink.org/granny's database (known as "Granny's Master List" by Storm Crow) into my forums by hand right after I started the website. CannaLink's version of the List was superior to the regular one because it had summaries too. Those Bottom line summaries kick the ass!

Here's what I want to do so far:

1. Rebuild the Granny's Master List section of:
http://The.CannabisR...Team.com/granny

2. Compile a PDF version of Granny's Master List to be distributed either separately from or in replacement to the current List (basically, I'll put it together, and you can do with it what you'd like).

3. Create the Granny's Master List Facebook Reader application:

If I can make a facebook app that links to the mysql database, then I can distribute Granny's List on any consenting person's profile, so that any of their friends will be able to read it! What a great way to disseminate our wonderful propaganda!
Coming..... hopefully this year. I'll have to figure out how to make it work because this will be the second time I've tried to interface php code to a mysql database - I haven't written my own php in a long time.

Stay tuned!

Edited by Trogdor, 07 March 2010 - 10:50 PM.

#11 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:44 AM

Trogdor,, Please let me apologize for jumping to conclusions .. I talked with Granny and she explained it to me,, It is a wonderful thing you are doing with the list,,, Your hard work is appreciated,, Again I am sorry and will ask before opening up mouth next time..lol I too thank you for all this hard work you are doing to help Granny out.. Deb
  • Storm Crow, Sprocket, Trogdor and 1 other like this

#12 Guest_SomeDude_*

Guest_SomeDude_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:11 AM

heh.. i have a copy of that cannalink GL database here.. I just have not had the time to be able to mess with it at all..

#13 Trogdor

Trogdor

Resident Deprogrammer

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

If I remember correctly, I copied the database by hand by clicking every single cannalink category, creating a new CRET forum and summary thread every time, copying the text from the cannalink page into the phpbb editor, removing all the extra lines from the text, and highlighting every title and individually applying formatting to it before clicking submit. And if I remember correctly, I completed it in two and a half days. Hell I built the whole website in 9 days on just over a gram of hash. I just feel really bad for giving Jack Herer a heart attack on September 11th - you can very clearly see that I was copying his book onto our website that day.
  • Itinkso and DEBhasgrn like this

#14 Guest_SomeDude_*

Guest_SomeDude_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:29 AM

I have the actual cannalink database you are referring to.. It needs to be installed here on GP, but i have been just uber busy lately and have not had the time to dedicate to it.

#15 Trogdor

Trogdor

Resident Deprogrammer

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hey ya, I didn't know you could put that here. The more the merrier! Personally, I'd like to see everybody switch to Granny's Master List. I mean, the official list is good, but CannaLink really mastered it. Also, I'd be interested in getting a copy of that database.

#16 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

It's funny how something gets ignored for a year - completely. Then, when I finally decide to let it go, someone actually gives a crap. Irony - it's what's for breakfast.

#17 passionatesmoker

passionatesmoker

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

Twitter // Facebook // Myspace should help, any other social networking websites. I too have spread the word about awareness. We all are working towards one common goal, legalization and fooking the taxation out of the picture haha.
  • Trogdor, Itinkso and DEBhasgrn like this

#18 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:17 AM

Twitter // Facebook // Myspace should help, any other social networking websites. I too have spread the word about awareness. We all are working towards one common goal, legalization and fooking the taxation out of the picture haha.

You are ever so right,, in our own ways, in anyway we are able to do so,, we are all helping for the cause,,,
  • Storm Crow, Trogdor and Itinkso like this

#19 Trogdor

Trogdor

Resident Deprogrammer

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:27 AM

It's funny how something gets ignored for a year - completely.

Then, when I finally decide to let it go, someone actually gives a crap.

Irony - it's what's for breakfast.

I don't want to toot my own horn too loudly, but my website was built on a foundation of solid determination. The work may have started last September but the idea has been brewing for almost 2 years. So far I have managed to start a meager brush fire, but even the lowliest of cinders can cause massive devastation with the assistance of a generous wind.

I would like you to see it my way:

Your patent has expired because you failed to generate a significant interest in it. It's my turn to show the world what the List has to offer.

Edited by Trogdor, 18 March 2010 - 08:37 PM.
The Cannabis Re-Education Center was born, on paper, early summer 2008.

#20 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:00 AM

You have my complete support and admiration, Trogdor. Tear it up!

#21 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

Ditto!
  • Trogdor and DEBhasgrn like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users