Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Molasses: The Organic Miracle Additive....

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

FRAUDULENT CANCER PATIENT!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:41 PM

Can you purchase Black Strap Mollasses at say a Grocery Store?

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Hatch

Hatch

*Budmiester*tric~picr~EXTRAORDINAIRE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:50 PM

Ya Bro, & It's Really Cheep. If You Can't Find Blackstrap, Just make Sure It's Unsulphured Molasses & You Are Good To Go.
  • medicinecloset, Lucky_Cat and hillbilly like this

#28 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

Thank you Hatch! Just a few questions on that though. I am going on my second week of flowering now. When do I water with Molasses and how much per gal? Use warm water to help dilute it and maybe let set for a day??

#29 Hatch

Hatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:34 PM

I use it all the time, even in veg., it's a good source of potassium, calcium & iron. With You being in soil, you can start them at 1/2 to 1 tbsp per gal. & go from there, alot of people work up to 2 to 3 tbsp per gal. when they are flushing. I have never used hot water, some people do (you wouldn't want to give it to the plant's hot), I just add it to all my other ingredient's that i mix up, stir it up real good & put it in my res'z.
  • medicinecloset, Lucky_Cat and hillbilly like this

#30 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:38 PM

I use it all the time, even in veg., it's a good source of potassium, calcium & iron. With You being in soil, you can start them at 1/2 to 1 tbsp per gal. & go from there, alot of people work up to 2 to 3 tbsp per gal. when they are flushing. I have never used hot water, some people do (you wouldn't want to give it to the plant's hot), I just add it to all my other ingredient's that i mix up, stir it up real good & put it in my res'z.

:rollone:Can I use this with my nutes safely?

#31 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:47 PM

I'm using the same brand Mogie, Unsulfered. Have had good success with it so far, I get it at my little country grocery store. I'd have to travel 20 miles to get the blackstrap stuff. I'd rather save the gas. :)
Nim

I'm in the same boat Nim. The closest town is 3 miles away and is only a pop of 480. Nearest town with say Krogers and Lowes and such is 15 miles away. Aint it grand to be in the middle of nowhere.:D::cool:Huh,,,,, And I heard somebody in Cali on another site say that GOOD Outdoor meds couldn't be achieved in the MW??????????? We're just gonna see about that. I cant have brwndirt and some of you guy's hangin out there all alone now.LOL:D::pns::rollone:

#32 Hatch

Hatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:03 AM

:rollone:Can I use this with my nutes safely?

Yes, It will mix in fine with them.
& Ya It's Great Being Way Out, The Close'st Little Store Is 25 Mile's & Austin is Right At 50 Mile's, When The Sun Goes Down, It Get's Dark.
  • Lucky_Cat and hillbilly like this

#33 4evergreen

4evergreen

Learning from you all!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

I have a question about Molasse, can I use it for Hydro? And in case I can use it, what is the best method, foliar feeding or mixed with the nutes in the res? I thought Molasse was for organic growth, and not good for Hydro, please let me know Thanks in advance
  • Hatch, Lucky_Cat and hillbilly like this

#34 Hatch

Hatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:42 AM

I have a question about Molasse, can I use it for Hydro? And in case I can use it, what is the best method, foliar feeding or mixed with the nutes in the res? I thought Molasse was for organic growth, and not good for Hydro, please let me know
Thanks in advance

Yes, I Use It In My Aeroponics All The Time, Just Mix It With Your Nut's At 1.5ml. to 2ml. Per Gal. Of Your Res.

I Also Use It In My Foliage Spray Brew At 1.5ml. Per Gal.,Your Plant's Will:love::):wink::):)

Attached Files

• 4evergreen, Lucky_Cat and hillbilly like this

#35 Klean

Klean

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:43 AM

I use the wholesome stuff and my plants love it and the plus is its fair trade and organic cant go wrong with that... HeadCase...

#36 Richard Owl Mirror

Richard Owl Mirror

Teaching to grow

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

The basic highlights are for organic, soil growers to add some at about 15 days prior to harvest, and again all through the last week. I use only molasses on the last week.

It adds to the weight of the buds, and aids in a smoother taste too.
I hope this helps ya! LoL
Peace

LOL, I read the entire article and you gave me all the info I needed in two sentences ;>}
It is good to know the what's, why's and, wherefore's but, I simply wanted to know when I should begin applying this recipe and in what measures.

Thanks for cutting to the chase !

#37 Richard Owl Mirror

Richard Owl Mirror

Teaching to grow

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:47 AM

OK I'm back with a few more questions/concerns.
Some say to include this at the very end of flowering and others say to include it throughout the grow. My first question is, won't this stuff make my soil harden?
Secondly, I've heard the term FLUSH yet, only at the very end of the flowering cycle.
I'm assuming this means simply over-watering the plant until the water runs out the bottom like a gusher but, my plant is currently 4.5 feet tall in a five gallon pot. She sits on a storage box lid so as to catch the minor amounts of drainage. How am I suppose to FLUSH this plant? Am I going to need to take her out of the grow romm and put her in the bath tub ?
I got some stuff at the local market called Brer Rabbit (all-natural, unsulfered).
Potassium 8%, Calcium 10%, Iron 15%, Magnesium 20%, Sodium 1%, Total Carb 5%

My little lady drinks about 2 quarts of water every 3 days without any drainage occurring from the bottom. Should I be including this Mollassas every feeding, every other feeding, ???
She is about six weeks into flowering but, only began showing the tiniest signs of flowers about two weeks ago. She is still growing upwards by about 4 inches a week.
I haven't been adding any ferts recently because I thought that might be the reason she was still growing and not producing flowers.

Help me Obi Wan, you're my last hope !
Posted Image

#38 Guest_bud_boy_*

Guest_bud_boy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

Another reason to use molasses is that it has a high copper content. Copper is useful in combating powdery mildew.

#39 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:06 AM

So where are you at with your buds, Richard? FWIW..."flushing" in soil is basically just cutting off the nutrients and going to plain water. IMO..... DROWNING big containers like you have at present isn't a good idea and in many areas where humidity is already HIGH such a practice can easily promote BUD ROTin those last weeks of flower. (I found this out the hard way) hope yer harvesting...and smiling.... ww

#40 Richard Owl Mirror

Richard Owl Mirror

Teaching to grow

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

So where are you at with your buds, Richard?

FWIW..."flushing" in soil is basically just cutting off the nutrients and going to plain water. IMO..... DROWNING big containers like you have at present isn't a good idea and in many areas where humidity is already HIGH such a practice can easily promote BUD ROTin those last weeks of flower. (I found this out the hard way)

hope yer harvesting...and smiling....

ww

Hello, my plant is still 5-6 weeks away from harvesting.
This photo was taken last week, you can't see the budlets too good but, the size is readily visible.

Attached Files

#41 Richard Owl Mirror

Richard Owl Mirror

Teaching to grow

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

Hey. just wondering if this product would be better than buying molasses in a grocery store?

Horticultural Molasses 1 Gallon $10.47
Application to plants will increase sugar levels improving resistance to chewing and sucking insects.

#42 Pappy

Pappy

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1686 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:49 AM

It looks like a good deal. The price is much better than buying a pint at a time. Thanks for the link, ROM. Pappy
  • Richard Owl Mirror, Lucky_Cat and hillbilly like this

#43 GreenQueen

GreenQueen

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for the great info!
  • Lucky_Cat, hillbilly and teddys head like this

#44 outlawmd

outlawmd

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:26 AM

can i add a tsp of mollasses to my nutrient tank? i'm going organic hydroponic

#45 Turpene

Turpene

Cannasseur

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

most people dont do it hydro, it promotes algae growth and other bad stuff in your res

#46 siriguejo

siriguejo

anxiously waiting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

anyone know the N-P-K value of molassas? or is it just the natural sugars that help the ladies flower it up?

#47 Guest_trbointeg_*

Guest_trbointeg_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2010 - 04:39 AM

I have to say this is one of the most informative and superbly written threads. *OutlawMD if using for your hydro set up, use just like it says as a foliar spray and not in the res.

#48 Smoke'n'Choke

Smoke'n'Choke

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:51 AM

We could even go with the old Milly Blunt story of using Coke on plants as a child, after all Coke would be a great source of sugar to feed microbes and it also contains phosphoric acid to provide phosphorus for strengthening roots and encouraging blooming.

lol any1 every put coke on their plants? or any1 got more info in this?
  • Lucky_Cat, theeyetye, hillbilly and 1 other like this

#49 theeyetye

theeyetye

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

it sounds good in theory, but coke has a really acidic pH and will throw the soil out of wack and shock the plants. never tried this on cannabis, but i did on other plants in a science experiment in high school

#50 hinduhippy

hinduhippy

Medical Patient

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:32 AM

Ive used molasses twice now with excellent results each time but i have to be real now, it makes your herbs kinda smell and taste like the stuff and is alittle harsher, even with a proper flush.
  • Lucky_Cat, hillbilly, DayTripping and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users