30 replies to this topic

#1 Kieahtoka

Kieahtoka

Neo Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

wll that's it, how do you guys tell how your homegrown compares to bagseed,or other crops you've had. For me, I use my eyes. I have a focus problem, but was never diagnosed with a problem because it didn't affect everyday life. Well now when I get some great bud I have just a slight trouble keeping my eyesight in focus for a few minutes right after I smoke(or longer sometimes). My eyes re-adjust on their own and my focus goes back to normal after about 5 minutes. With schwag, and mids around here this simply doesn't happen. It might sound like an odd problem but hey, imagine a bunch of odd blurry, and swirly colors right after a hit, it's a nice little mini mushroom trip lol
  • wombat83, SirStickybuds and like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 the.fatman.cometh

the.fatman.cometh

Master Gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:26 PM

damn, i'd get that checked.
  • SirStickybuds likes this

#3 ClosetDWC

ClosetDWC

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationMendocino county Cali

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:52 PM

that sounds like some gooooood shit man . i usually get 6-8 ppl at the same table and pass it around and see what they think when it is cured ... sometimes everyone is blown away some times it is just ok... but i like to get a few open minded mid to heavy smokers to help test the goods. and of course how good is the pain relief .

#4 Kieahtoka

Kieahtoka

Neo Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:59 PM

damn, i'd get that checked.

lol I've had it all my life, it's not like I go blind, my focus just wanders a bit.

#5 the.fatman.cometh

the.fatman.cometh

Master Gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

as far as to your question, br, "How do you guage the potency of your bud?", I smoke it! LOL

#6 Guest_HighPhi_*

Guest_HighPhi_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:22 PM

bud potency, first ill note how fast the red eyes come, then about 30 mins later see if im couch locked or cloud surfing then i see how i feel the next day, heavy bud usually get me redeyed pretty fast and the next day if its killer ill have a bong-over. with the vap. it ususally how long a bag lasts me the longer generally the stronger bud.

#7 MrLizard27

MrLizard27

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:06 PM

i use the hit o meter. Himalayn 2-3 hits Sweet God 2 hits scwag (central American flatbud). 2 bowls (I liked it before they started bricking everything)
  • wombat83 likes this

#8 blakeb

blakeb

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:35 AM

yeah i just smoke it liike fatman

#9 Guest_connecticut_*

Guest_connecticut_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:46 AM

i smoked this pineapple type once that my godson got me. 1 bong hit and my legs were twitchin bad, dudes never happened before or again, never had the pineapple again either. :Tacos::burger::toast::cigar::Donut::toast::)

#10 Pappy

Pappy

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1686 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:01 PM

I found a lone skunk plant in the foothills of the sierra's back in '83. I poached it and brought it home. I hung it to dry, but before I could smoke any, I had to take a drive up to Oregon to visit a sick relative. As I was crossing the border, into Oregon, I remembered that plant hanging in the basement shower stall, and caught one of the best buzzes I've ever had. Too bad, I smoked it when I got home. If I still had it, I wouldn't have to smoke it. Just knowing it was there, was a good high.

#11 Kieahtoka

Kieahtoka

Neo Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:57 PM

yeah i just smoke it liike fatman

well of course, but what effects do you specifically feel only with some real nice bud, more than just a more intense buzz.

#12 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:23 PM

Bagseed gradually gets me lifted....Quality bud hits me almost immediately. A fast "washover" feeling.

Kinda electric. From head to toe.

#13 Kieahtoka

Kieahtoka

Neo Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:28 PM

Bagseed gradually gets me lifted....Quality bud hits me almost immediately. A fast "washover" feeling.

Kinda electric. From head to toe.

yeah, I've had that one before, but only with my Jock horror strain.

#14 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:41 PM

It was White Widow for me.

#15 pennylane

pennylane

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:16 PM

I gauge my bud potency wif a pinch in my one hitter, from then its Skandinavian dreams all the way, right on !! :legalize:

#16 Guest_HighPhi_*

Guest_HighPhi_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:49 AM

It was White Widow for me.

same here blood that and white rhino

#17 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:39 AM

Still waiting on the Rhino myself. I hear its all thats stated about it.

#18 Kieahtoka

Kieahtoka

Neo Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:03 PM

where are you getting your seeds from BSI?

#19 midgradeindasouth

midgradeindasouth

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1033 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:32 AM

I like to smoke a bong hit to judge my weed. I usually can look at it from several feet away and get a pretty good idea of how good it is. If I can smell funk from 3 feet away it is usually pretty damn good. I suppose the best I have smoked lately would be Northerm Lights or Diesel #3. I had to buy some schwag this evening. I am all out of my mids. I hear it will be back in a few days. This damn schwag is horrid, Greenish brown and staight from Mexico, Damn brick ish crap, I quess it is better than nothing though, I was happy to get it, I have not seen any good smoke in 6 days now, I plan to get some mid in a couple of days and maybe some diesel in 3 or 4, They are all grown locally, Friend of a friend of a friend kinda thing. This schwag gets you high but it does not last very long at all. The pain relief and narcotic affects are nill. It more or less is like methadone instead of an opiate for a pot head.

#20 blakeb

blakeb

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:59 AM

that sucks mid ive been there 4 sure but its not my med like it is for you

#21 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6292 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:36 AM

Well roll two up,spark it up puff puff pass.It somebody holds on to it for more than two puffs it good.But I think I would like to have Kiehtoka around,If his eyes start to cross you know it's good,half cross it's midgrade,just a little red street schawag.LOL smoke it and see how you like it,if it keeps you high for awhile than you got some good stuff. PEACE

#22 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:49 PM

good question... a good indica gives me a instant hit - like the smoke is going straight to my brain - knock out in minutes. a with a good sativa it is a bit different to me, first i have hardly any felling of effect till i pick a mirror and see that my eyes are actually out of it. this effect increases over the next 30 minutes. and if it is a really good one - WOW things start to spin, get damn colorful and music waves roll - in that state i dig my 60's retro music:D: but if you ask for a plain and scientific answer to that: grind it up, weight it, wash it out and extract the THC of it and weight this again - vola. rather have a lab do this for you. but who would send pot to a lab to have it grind up besides some damn DA?!
  • bongbonghi, wombat83 and like this

#23 ARTIE

ARTIE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

If i pass out after the first hit its potent, anything else is regular or if i can go 6 hrs between hits its potent. Free or 100x for a toke also makes me gauge potency relative to fiduciary expectations.
  • bongbonghi likes this

#24 BigPapa

BigPapa

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

with all honesty i think it would be through my two remaining brain cells processing the information it can remember. What was the question again? And if it makes me paranoid, it hit the mark. i'll shut up now
  • bongbonghi and OffDaBaba like this

#25 Guest_PurpleHaze66_*

Guest_PurpleHaze66_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

I like to use the newly done meds a couple mornings in a row, first medication of day. Best time for me to judge potency, i can see how it effects me and how long it lasts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users