23 replies to this topic

#1 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:13 PM

Hiya Folks, I've already got one grow Journal going. That is a soil method and all those plants are in Flowering, so I sprouted some seeds and I hope to experiment with them in the HEMPY BUCKET method. I am growing BUBBLE HASH PLANT (born: december 13) and Kandy Kush X Skunk (born: december 15) After they sprouted in their RAPID ROOTERS I picked up the RAPID ROOTERS and put them in PARTY CUPS that have small holes 1 inch from the bottom. They are filled with only PERLITE. Hempy's original method calls for 3 parts perlite 1 part vermiculite, but I heard from JOINTGIRL that Perlite alone works just the same. They are in a closet ("the veg closet") under a T12, 36 inch light, with 2 DAYLIGHT bulbs. This is exciting! has anyone else done any Hempy growing?

Attached Files

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

Does anyone know the feeding schedule for these Hempys? I've read a lot of variations... one I read stated that I should feed them full strength nutrients from start to finish! really?! do I follow this chart

Flora Nutrient Weekly Feeding Program - Greentrees Hydroponics

or what? kinda wheelin' in blind here.

#3 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

Hey there SM nice start with the babies. No slowing you down you just come screaming out of the "growing gates" don't you! Way to go. I would not want to give any seedling much more then ph'd water for the first few weeks. Treat them like the soil less you have already and you should be fine. Good luck.
  • jangel, JointGirl and Skittles_man like this

#4 The Corsican

The Corsican

Exiled

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:08 AM

Good luck (seriously), I had a real tough time with the Hempy method ( I used pearlite and vermiculite 75%/25%). My seedlings didn't grow more than an inch a week! No joke. Even when the roots hit the res they grew slowly so I wound up switching to DWC and haven't looked back since. Maybe you'll have better luck then I did. I just don't know what the hell I did wrong? After hearing so many people raving about Hempy Buckets I thought I was going to be able to grow a Red Wood tree in a week! The most popular feeding schedule was water without nutes then water with nutes two days later. Wait until the seedlings use up their stored energy (about two weeks) before giving them a 1/4 strength dose of nutrients. -the Corsican.

#5 JointGirl

JointGirl

Medicine man

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:00 AM

Hey Skittles.

Looking GOOD so far! WOOT WOOT!

One thing I've noticed... Your seedlings are a bit stretched. They need to be bumped CLOSER to your light. Get them as close as possible, without burning them. THEY DEF need to be closer as they are def stretching! If they stretch too much, the seedling will not be strong enough to support the top and you will have to prop them up with toothpicks or straws or something. This can ALL be eliminated by moving them closer. The closer the plant is to the light, the more compact it will grow. The more compact it grows, the more bud sites on the plant! You want MORE bud sites, and LESS plant! It looks like you could have planted your pucks a little further down in the mix. I prefer to plant the puck so only the top of the seedling is exposed. I cover most of that stem, so they are stronger. I never have a problem with stretching, as I keep a cfl or 2 VERY close by in veg! Feel free to plant a little deeper when you transplant to switch to flower.

Dont worry about the feeding schedule TOO much. They dont need anything besides PH'd water for about another week. They SHOULD have aprox. 2 real sets of leaves before you feed. The puck, and the seedling have stored food. This is enough food to keep it thriving for about 10 days at least. Any more would be OVERKILL! When you feed for the first time, Its ALWAYS a good rule of thumb (regardless of the method of growing) to start out at 1/4 strength, to 1/2 strength food. You NEVER know what strains can handle what untill you feed em. Too much food from the start could be the death of them. If you do notice a Burn after the first feeding, just flush your cup with Ph'd water, and feed a little less next time. You CANT over water these things (unless your trying to water more than 1x a day).

JointGirl
  • I8ntLucky_UR and Skittles_man like this

#6 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

as joint girl mentioned lights need to be closer about 1 inch off canopy also try in your fixture 1 cool white tube and 1 warm white tube this gives full spectrum and in my experiences better growth out of low lumen fixtures.as far as over watering i beg to differ(again my foot in my mouth)i find that allowing the reservoir at the bottom of the bucket promotes best grow if allowed to go relitively dry before re-nuting or watering.hope this helps!!
  • JointGirl, Skittles_man and Hashman like this

#7 Guest_fewture_*

Guest_fewture_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:05 PM

Nice looking grow... Good info too... I wanna give hempy buckets the old college try... Peace Few..

#8 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:55 PM

where can a person get hempy buckets in alberta canada
  • Skittles_man likes this

#9 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

ignore that last post i just readf the sticky very interesting
  • I8ntLucky_UR likes this

#10 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:45 PM

Here they are, an update. Pictorial one that is.

The babies are doing fine. They look better and bigger! I am worried about the BBHP because it's starting to wobble to one side a lot... is that normal? It is pretty close to the light now, since I don't want it to stretch (I hope I didn't learn that too late)

Also... It's been over 2 weeks for one of these seedlings. I am new to the hempy grow. I know I'm suppose to start feeding them the nute schedule week 1.... but I have some questions

#1) Do I use this schedule??
#2) The above is suppose to be used per 4 litres of water... the seedlings are in mini hempys, when I mix their nutes how much water do I need to mix it in?

I know these are very "n00b" questions but it would be great if someone can lay it out for me. I want to do this right!

thanks yall.

Attached Files

#11 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

Hey there SM they might still be a bit early for too strong nutes. I would go 1/2 strength week 1 and use 1/2 the container volume of water. So, 1/4 on the nutes with 2 liters of water. Is there a fan blowing in there yet? They need a work out to get them stronger to hold themselves up. A little more wind maybe will help.
  • Skittles_man likes this

#12 Guest_operator1_*

Guest_operator1_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:20 PM

yeah... more wind I think would be good too. Those lady hopeful's are getting leggy and I've had some that will fall over at this point from not being strong enough in the stem. The extra fan motion should help thicken them up a bit though.

#13 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:15 AM

I cannot find anywhere I can purchase a small fan! if anyone knows of a place... even if it's online... let me know! I've checked all the major stores (home depot, canadian tire) and even the hydro stores nearby.

#14 chuckd420

chuckd420

HIGH 4 LIFE

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:39 PM

I cannot find anywhere I can purchase a small fan! if anyone knows of a place... even if it's online... let me know!

I've checked all the major stores (home depot, canadian tire) and even the hydro stores nearby.

I recently purchased a small oscillating fan for my cab build, got it from Ace Hardware, Living Accents® Clip On Fan - Desktop & Personal Fans - Ace Hardware It's the smallest fan that I found to buy. Hope that helps.

#15 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:24 PM

Hi all! so they have been growing quite quickly! The plants look fine, however, I am worried about the Perlite. Is the color suppose to be weird like this? I posted some pics of the babies getting all growed up -- as well as the mysterious Perlite discoloration situation.

Attached Files

#16 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:38 PM

I've been busy... so here's some CLONES I took from my ladies in flowering. What I did was basically: Cut a nice clone with nodes @ a 45 degree angle. I then dipped the stem into some cloning gel I soaked a RapidRooter in PH'ed water and then put the clone into the RR. I misted them. They are now in my veg closet. Sorry about the bad pics, I've gotten the nightly chills.

Attached Files

#17 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:28 AM

Hiya Folks, Skittle to the metal here (damn, wish it were spelled mettle) So -- the ladies in the HEMPY's are getting big. I looked at the pictures at the start of this thread and I got a giggle. With the BBHP the leaves were getting so big the stem couldn't support it and it was leaning towards one side, so I tied it with some butchers twine to prop it up (That's what that little white ziggly thing is hehe) The clones... I am worried about them. I am not sure how clones are suppose to look, I bean reading around. :) What do you guys think? do they look okay? the leaves are droopy and the stem is bending on one of them. They are in RAPID ROOTERS and those rapid rooters go dry fast... I make sure to keep em nice and wet and I mist them a few times a day... what else can I do?

Attached Files

#18 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:02 AM

the color in your hempies is fine part of it is dye from the nutes the green is a algae,nothing what so ever to worry about!!!as far as your clones go they are responding perfectly,wont be long and you will have roots galore!!! grat looking grow!!!
  • KaK and Itinkso like this

#19 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

They do look gr8t very happy and healthy. The clones always look worse before they turn the corner. The roots will pop through almost overnight you will notice them soon. Keep them misted and they will be fine.

#20 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

Keep the good news coming Skittles, you are doing great.

#21 RoachClip

RoachClip

Toke Toke it up man!!

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:30 PM

I was thinking of growing Hempy Style as being a newbie but still I'm on the fence which way I will start off.

#22 MeanGreenMachine

MeanGreenMachine

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

LOOKIN good skittles hope all goes well

#23 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead