102 replies to this topic

#26 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:38 PM

:spanked: no spanking zone not in effect for 15 minutes. :love: SM when I cut my clones the cutting itself can lose some leaves along the way. Then the new growth takes over and the plant resumes growing normally. They look gr8t. The cups look like they have a small hole 1 inch up from the bottom giving them a small reservoir to feed and water from. They will be monsters in one month. With BIG BUDS coming out from all angles. LOL :love:
  • jangel, CAMSTER626, JointGirl and 4 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

You can look all the info up online, sweetie. Just google it...and go to the maker of the nute's site. Hold on and I will find the link....

http://www.generalhy.../floranova.html

And yes, it looks like they can be used in soil and hydro.

Peace
  • JointGirl, Bueller, YourMedMJ and 1 other like this

#28 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:42 AM

thanks, Lucky & Jangel.

The flora series can be used for both :love:

#29 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

Hiya! So! lots has happened. I got my Flowering room set. I am using a 430W HPS light. It is being suspended by... and I.V. Pole (:D:) as you can see, by some chains. The beauty of this I.V Pole is that It is easily adjustable. I have plenty of room to move around on either side with my wheel-chair. I can then easily reach down and tend to the plants. I also got a "light adjuster" for my vegetation closet and it is really neat! it is very easy to adjust the height of the light. I highly recommend it for anyone who needs to be able to easily adjust a height. I'll post pics later. This morning one of the ladies was enjoying the light so much she shot up and reached it! she had some burnage on a leaf. I have to check up on these more often :)

Attached Files

#30 Zigzagman

Zigzagman

Master Gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1641 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:01 AM

Ola Skittles. The kids are looking good. I'd suggest getting a fan blowing on them, helps strengthen the stalks and helps the ventilation. PS... do you have drainage holes in all your containers ???
Posted Image
  • I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626, JointGirl and 6 others like this

#31 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:16 AM

SM very nice light that will do the job just fine. Like Zig says get the fan on those beauties and they will love the breeze. When will you flip them over to 12/12? Starting size and finishing size is usually X 3, so that should give you some idea of how big they might get from what they are now. Nice looking plants. :D:
  • jangel, CAMSTER626, JointGirl and 4 others like this

#32 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

ZigZag, yeah all those pots have holes in them. I have a fan running on low and reaching all the ladies. They like to dance. What free spirits. Their bud is gonna be all hippie-like.

Lucky, I will flip them over to 12/12 on Wednesday. I reckon I can use this time to feed them. I still don't know how to use that timer... it's a weird one. It's a "Heavy Duty INTERMATIC" in the middle it says "time of day" and on the outside there are numbers with AM and PM ...

#33 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:56 AM

SM what you need to do is set 1/2 the tabs to am and the other half to pm. The center part that says time of day means that is where you set it when you first plug it in to the power bar. For instance if it is 3 pm when you plug it in then set the line up to 3 pm. Now it is synchronized so now you set your tabs. Let's say you want to flower lights on at 6am and off at 6 pm. The timer is now set with time now 3 pm and going on at 6 am and off at 6 pm. I hope that makes sense? It should have some basic instructions with the unit they are not very complicated. You have time to play with it outside your room with a simple lamp on timer. Set it up and see if it works the way I suggest. You have a few days to get it right. I would think you need less then 12 hours to figure it out.highfivegif
  • jangel, CAMSTER626, JointGirl and 5 others like this

#34 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:40 AM

So! Lots has happened.

I have been pinching the plants to strengthen the canopy. By far, this pinching is helping so much! There is luscious new growth and I LOVE feeling the parts I pinch -- I can feel the plant heal itself. It's very interactive.

So, I have been watering every few days as needed.

Last night @ 1:30AM I started week 2 of the Nutrient schedule. 5-10-3.
I am using Micro, Gro, Bloom from GH.
Also, at this time, I started the 12/12 cycle.

Here are some pics PRE12/12. Please give me your thoughts, opinions, perhaps some tips as to what I will soon expect and see?

PS. I have noticed on the ceiling of the room I am in... there are some sort of spider webs hanging. I have never seen this before... which led me to research and I read that spider mites are a huge danger to cannabis plants. What should I do? how do I identify what these webs are? should I spray some insecticide or will it hurt the plants?

Attached Files

#35 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

They are house spiders sweetheart...relax. They would probably eat spider mites. Every house has them and they are not the ones that eat plants. Just next time your brother or someone comes over that knows about your grow, have him vacuum them up for you...not a big deal. Peace
  • I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626, Bueller and 5 others like this

#36 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

good advice nice start good luck
  • CAMSTER626, Bueller, Skittles_man and 2 others like this

#37 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

They are looking gr8t SM. And jangel is probably correct with ordinary house spiders. :) Soon enough you will be seeing signs of sex for them. The clones are easy, they are girls so no worries. The other plants from seed you will need to keep an eye on and watch for them to show sex. Look at the clones to see what the female flowers will look like. And if they look any different they will be boys. And we don't want them. Well done. Keep it up.
  • CAMSTER626, Bueller, Skittles_man and 2 others like this

#38 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

Thanks, Lucky! You've been very helpful. I am hoping for a girl :Greetings from GP: thanks for the kind words and encouragement! this is fun. Today they are really happy and reaching out. :Where Dreams are:

#39 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:50 PM

good looking grow sm good luck with your meds!!
  • I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626, allen13 and 4 others like this

#40 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

Just some updates! The ladies are getting a lot bigger. I'm getting a hang of when they are in distress and learning to listen to them. I like that! it's pretty interesting. I am growing quite fond of them. In one of the pics, you can clearly see one of my plants. Can you identify her sex at this point? I see a lot of white hairs... is that it? or do I still have to wait just yet.

Attached Files

Edited by Skittles_man, 30 December 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#41 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:22 PM

Gr8t news SM and yes those white hairs are the good ones. The cloned plants will show sex sooner then the others and will show female. They look like they are growing gr8t! More pictures please!!!! LOL I love to see them grow. And good work on picking up on their needs. I think GSR said it to me first listen to your plants. I giggled thinking they can't talk? LOL I just wasn't listening. Keep it up you are doing gr8t. drums.gif
  • CAMSTER626, Bueller, YourMedMJ and 1 other like this

#42 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:20 AM

i think from seed it takes about 5 weeks of veg before they show sighns of sex.how old are yours.if they are clones they should already have been established as fem.unless someone realy screwed up.

#43 deventhedude

deventhedude

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:08 AM

love the TGA genetics. good choice!

#44 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:34 PM

Okay! So, I've been really enjoying taking pictures of my ladies. I think you guys should expect some awesome pictures from me pretty soon! Here are some sexy new pictures. Are those buds developing on the top? does anyone have a picture explaining which parts are which on an MJ plant? I want to refer to specific parts by their name, not "that thing". Enjoy!

Attached Files

#45 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5521 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:42 PM

those are real nice shots mate except those ladies are dudes... see the balls hanging? those in the picture will open and pollinate your remaining females within 48hrs. of course being males and not hermies youll be gifted with some very good seed for your future crops... its worth keeping the males somewhere outside the grow area and when they drop their pollen, collecting and using it to make some seeds for the next round of plants... to do this you chose the best male then chop the flowering top off it (like a large clone) and popping it into a glass of water. the flowers will continue to develop and then open up and drop their pollen onto whatever you have in place for pollen collection. then with a soft brush drop some onto one or two buds that will produce your seeds. cheers ileso

Edited by ileso, 02 January 2010 - 11:50 PM.

• CAMSTER626, JointGirl, Bueller and 2 others like this

#46 robotdinosaur

robotdinosaur

Medicinal MJ User/Grower/Advocate

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

those are real nice shots mate except those ladies are dudes...

see the balls hanging? those in the picture will open and pollinate your remaining females within 48hrs.

cheers
ileso

Sorry Skittles wall.gif

#47 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:39 PM

It's okay. Y'win some, y'lose some, yeah?

#48 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

thats the chance you take but its a bitch

#49 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5521 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:44 AM

they all male?

#50 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

No, they're not all male. 5 of those plants are clones. That was the only one that had a 50/50. He lost the russian roulette. Ashes to ashes... dust to dust...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users