#1 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

Hello everybody!
This is my first official post to GP and what better way to start than with a grow journal?

I'm a 21 year old (handsome) male. I was in a car accident which rendered me a paraplegic. I'm paralyzed from the waist down and so I am confined to a wheel-chair. As wonderful as the compassion centre is, that I belong to, the prices are still high in my books. I never thought I would be able to grow my own medication because of my disability. I don't want to get all Oprah here, but it was for no reason other than the fact that I thought it was too much physical labor and that I wasn't capable. I am happy to say that this is not the case at all! you can do it. Of course, for me, I needed help with certain things like carrying equipment and setting things up. If you can get some help with that, you're set.

I'd also like to add this is my first grow -- of any kind. I have no horticulture experience whatsoever. I am so interested in all the new things to learn, it's like a whole new world with new languages and cultures. So really, if I can grow (well, keep an eye on this journal to see if I can) then anyone can.

Yesterday, I officially received 6 clones.
4 x Sno Dawg and 2 x JackTheRipper. They are quite sizable already.

I am growing this in an extra bedroom in my apartment. Currently I have the vegging area setup; the vegging area is a small 3x3 closet in a room that is 11x12, which will be my main flowering area.

The closet (vegging area) consists of:
-- 36" T12 Light, With Daylight Bulbs.
-- 6 CLONES
-- a small coffee table
-- spray bottle.

I am not sure how old these plants are, of course I will definitely find out asap. For now, they are in the vegging stage; I mist them a few times a day and turn them slightly at the same time.

Also, 3 of the plants are in hydroton, and the other 3 are in ProMix.

How old do you guys think they are? The light is touching the biggest plant in one of the pictures, I simply moved the tray so that the big plant is on the higher side. Unfortunately, I can't adjust the light myself and will make-do until I can get some help. Now, the goal here is so that I can do this as independently as possible, and so in the future I hope to set it up in a way where I can adjust the height myself.

That's it for now.

Please don't be afraid to criticize, give pointers, ask questions. I want to do this for the rest of my life and I want to learn as best as possible.

Attached Files

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Shinningwind

Shinningwind

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:40 PM

:welcome: :welcome: To :eek: :D:

Your plants are looking great...:pns:

Lots of great folks to meet & chat with around here. rainbow.gif

• jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, chuckd420 and 7 others like this

#3 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

She's sick! please tell me she'll be alright? As you can see from the picture the plant is... withering. The other picture is of another plant whose leaf is getting discolored and saggy. please if I'm not explaining correctly, let me know, so we can all be on the same page. I'm so worried. I love this stage, though. They are very cute and peaceful. I just spent 2 hours watching them while listening to some Brian Eno. I needed that.

Attached Files

#4 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:07 PM

Hay Skittles man! Looks like our friend set you up good and proper! I am so glad you are on your way! You keep us up to date and as you discover things we will add it to the specail needs forum to help pay it all forward. I am so happy! And don't foreget to thank our dearest friend for his help...he really is a treasure! Peace
  • I8ntLucky_UR, chuckd420, CAMSTER626 and 5 others like this

#5 robotdinosaur

robotdinosaur

Medicinal MJ User/Grower/Advocate

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

Hey skittles (I used to love skittles when I was a kid :eek: The plants could be any age. (maybe three weeks past rooting?) Their age is not as important as their size (when figuring out when to put them into bloom) Know that most strains double or even triple their height when you put them into bloom (in the first couple of weeks) Then they stop "stretching" and focus their energy on blooming. I like to be able to either bring my blooming lamps to my flower or my flowers to the lamps during those first couple of weeks to keep them from getting overly lanky (which will equal weak branches for trying to support their beautiful buds) but you have to be diligent about watching how much they grow and keep them from getting too close to the lamps or you'll end up with burnt top colas and heat stress. Having them closer to the HPS is necessary to prevent stretching because as you change from one spectrum of color in your MH (blue) and go to HPS (red) your plants try to "reach out" in search of that blue/purple spectrum. You can further help to prevent this by using something like Hortilux's Super HPS Enhanced Spectrum bulb - which provides a bit more of the blue spectrum to your plants during flowering, than many other HPSs. I will stay tuned into your grow. Good Luck and Blessings rainbow.gif
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, chuckd420 and 7 others like this

#6 CAMSTER626

CAMSTER626

Professional Stoner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • LocationSO.CAL-SGV

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:15 PM

Welcome to GP Skittles_man :eek: Glad you found us bro...Looks like your off to a great start...I look forward to watching you grow:laughleaf:

Also...for your lights you can get a light hanger like this one for about 30 bucks

Posted Image

it'll make adjusting your lights as easy as raising or lowering some mini blinds.

Anyhow...Enjoy your stay dude.

CAM-
  • I8ntLucky_UR, chuckd420, Bueller and 4 others like this

#7 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

Thanks folks! I appreciate the replies. I like the Light Hanger! I will look into that...

#8 CAMSTER626

CAMSTER626

Professional Stoner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1585 posts
  • LocationSO.CAL-SGV

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

Looks like fert burn to me bro...what do you feed them and how often?
  • Bueller, Sprocket, YourMedMJ and 1 other like this

#9 SmokeToLive

SmokeToLive

Baked User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

If you have sick plants the best place to put questions is in the hospital. rainbow.gif There is a form you can fill out there that will help everyone get started. Pictures help too! Also, when you're watering, make sure not to get any on the leaves. The nutrients / water and light will burn them. Welcome to GP! Hope we can help! :eek: Good luck!
  • I8ntLucky_UR, chuckd420, CAMSTER626 and 5 others like this

#10 chuckd420

chuckd420

HIGH 4 LIFE

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:00 AM

rainbow.gif :welcome: :eek: Looks like you're off to a great start.
  • Bueller, YourMedMJ and Itinkso like this

#11 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:10 AM

Welcome to GP!! CAM showed you a great idea for adjusting your light from your chair, I wish I were closer to help set up your grow. The second set of pics you show has some degradation of the lower leaves, was this since you brought them home? Did they have any discoloration on any of the higher growth? Clones sometimes lose some of the older leaves that were the sustaining leaves while the newly cut stem grows roots, not to worry! Especially if the top and sides are full, green and show new center growth at the top and at the intersection of the panel leaves with their stem, that crotch will be the source for the new shoots that will develop into buds. If you have any questions, hit me up with a pm, I will be glad to offer suggestions and help you in any way I can. Best of luck in the grow of your meds! Pete
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626 and 3 others like this

#12 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:51 AM

Okay skittles..here is the template for grow problems. Cut and paste this to a new reply, fill it out and then we will see what is up with them.

Can you first off tell me if you are doing hydro or why the hydrotone is around the base of the plants? As well, did these at all get cold bringing them into your place?

What are you feeding them?

How to Get Help with your Plants the easy way!

We can help you find the answers to your questions easier and the

RIGHT answer if you will do this:

When asking a question state the

grow type.....and answer these questions:

1. Soil or Hydro ???

Hydro

~ state what System

type of Water used ~THIS IS IMPORTANT!

~For Both types of grows

~ House water ~ Reverse Osmosis ~ or Distilled

PH & PPM’S, and water Temps (especailly important in Hydro)

Soil grows

~ state what soil is used and additives to the soil

2.Temps & Humidity

3. Lights ~ HID (MH or HPS) or cfl’s or T-5’s etc.

4. Ventilation System {fresh air}{CO2}

5. Nutrients used ~ Brands and amount used.

6. Indoor or Outdoor Grow

7. Pixs ~ if you can post they always help us see what it is,

*****(Good link to help you post pics~
Resizing your photos with power toys)

Resizing Your Photos with PowerToys.. ******

8. Strain if they know~ Indica ~ Sativa ~ Bagseed???

9. How old the plant is.

10. Seed or Clone? Sexed? Feminized?
  • CAMSTER626, Bueller, YourMedMJ and 1 other like this

#13 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hey Jangel,
At this time I'm only feeding them PHed water. I don't have any nutrients. Also, it's possible some cold touched them on the way here.

1. Soil or Hydro

I have 3 plants in HYDROTON and 3 plants in PROMIX

I am using PHed (to 6.0) house water.

Soil grows

Pro-Mix

2.Temps & Humidity

-- I have no way to measure this currently.

3. Lights ~ HID (MH or HPS) or cfl’s or T-5’s etc.

36 inch, T12 Light. With DAYLIGHT bulbs.

4. Ventilation System {fresh air}{CO2}

They are in a closet. The door is closed and they have 24/hour light.

5. Nutrients used ~ Brands and amount used.

I have not added any nutrients since I got them on Friday. The nutrients I want to use (Flora; grow, micro, bloom) are not anywhere near where I live! No one has them currently.

6. Indoor or Outdoor Grow

Indoor.

8. Strain if they know~ Indica ~ Sativa ~ Bagseed???

They are Indica. Sno Dawg & JackTheRipper.

9. How old the plant is.

a few weeks.

10. Seed or Clone? Sexed? Feminized?

clone

#14 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:31 AM

Okay first off: wet those plants in hydrotone really well, until the water comes out the bottom and is running freely... Do you have any soil? Promix? anyway to get some? You also need some nutes. Let me know.
  • CAMSTER626, Bueller, Sprocket and 2 others like this

#15 SmokeToLive

SmokeToLive

Baked User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

Even clones need some nutrients to survive. (I learn things the hard way.)
  • CAMSTER626, Bueller, YourMedMJ and 1 other like this

#16 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:05 PM

I have promix. I also have perlite (which I'll be using for hempy buckets... later) I will try to get the nutes... I am calling around... it doesn't help that it's Sunday. I just wet the plants in hydrotone really well.

#17 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:38 PM

Skittles... think you will find ph adjusted to 6.5 to 6.8 the consensus around here...
  • CAMSTER626, YourMedMJ and Itinkso like this

#18 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:41 PM

Get a friend to try to get you a balanced nutrient to run though veg... NPK of 10-10-10. Dunno if you can get Peters in TO? Just look for that kind of ratio...straight with equal parts nitrogen potassium and potash through veg.

#19 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:46 PM

Skittles... think you will find ph adjusted to 6.5 to 6.8 the consensus around here...

Pete, that is for soil grows, not hydro. 5.2t 5.7 I think for hydro. Since he has a mixed grow it is too confusing at this stage to deal with and this is not a ph problem. This is either burn from spraying under the lights or lack of water.

The ph you have is the middle ground. Don't worry about that yet. guitar.gif

Okay, until we here from our friend, make sure you keep those wetted well. That is most likely the problem with them, they got too dry. Keep wetting them every hour or so, so they do not dry out ever for the hydrotone ones ONLY! The ones in soil are fine.

Peace
  • I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626, Sprocket and 2 others like this

#20 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:50 PM

Thanks Jangel, that's good advice so I know what to do in the meantime! hehe, I was getting worried I'd be a murderer!

#21 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

oops... sorry skittles, I forgot about the ones in hydroton... my bad..

#22 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:46 PM

Okay, I just figured this out so all know, those leaves are the first, clone leaves, and are supposed to die off.

Any one taking pictures of plants needs to show us the WHOLE plant. Not just where the old leaves are.

Skittles, please post up pics of the WHOLE PLANTS please. and those sad leaves are finished...you can take them right off and the plants will do better and bush out for you.

No need to worry buddy!
  • I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626, Bueller and 3 others like this

#23 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4003 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:28 PM

Nice looking clones there SM. You should like the Sno Dawg and Jack The Ripper very much. I'm sure you will be up to speed and flying with that grow in no time. And remember nothing happens too quickly so you don't have to panic. Good luck with your grow.
  • jangel, CAMSTER626, Bueller and 2 others like this

#24 JointGirl

JointGirl

Medicine man

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hi Skittles.

The nutes you are looking for (flora) can they be used in soil and hydro? MAKE SURE if you are going to attempt to grow each type. If you have the perlite, then you can do a hempy bucket on the clones in the hydration rocks. How is the hydration cups set up? Do they have a drain in the bottom of the cup, or is set up like a hempy bucket with the hole in the side of the cup, holding the water in the bottom reservoir? If you are going to attempt hydro and soil I like to use the fox farm nutes. They can be used in either set up, and they come with a feeding schedule for each type of grow. The nutes work great- My girlz act like they just took steroids with every feeding! I have always just followed the feeding schedule, and its been FINE!

Like everyone else has said, If your new growth looks good, your girlz should be fine. If the new growth starts looking like that, then you have serious issues!

Im so HAPPY for you that you were able to find some help! Its a shady world out there, and we have to stay so guarded with our meds, its a comforting thought that you have someone who was vouched for to help ya out! I was a little worried about you for a minute skittles!

Thanks J and everyone else for helping him out! You all are the best!

JG
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, CAMSTER626 and 5 others like this

#25 Skittles_man

Skittles_man

Tokin & smokin

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 05:31 PM

Here is a picture of the whole plant, yes the upper growth is doing well. n00b mistake, no spankings necessary. -- Hey JG, I will look into that ... how can I find out? I assume I could ask the persons working at the hydro store, but they don't always know. I want those nutes to work both ways! would be cheaper. Thanks for the kind words :love:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users