26 replies to this topic

#26 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

Another thing I found out is those hydroponic setups that are circular and hold six pots just don't work when you have six healty and vigorous plant fighting for space.  I found out the hard way that with those setups, planting any more than two or three plants in the same container is pushing the limits unless I let them only grow a foot tall before flowering but I didn't see any point in doing all this work just for a few grams.  I have the "easy buds six shooter"  yeah, right.  Nothing easy about this contraption. but will be a definate problem when the plants start to flower and get taller.  Not sure what I'm gonna do about it now except grab a few clones, let the plants in the "six shooter" hopefully flower, cut my losses the start again.  I can't do too much else at this point, the roots are much too entangled so pulling up one plant now will leave me with a bunch of dead roots in the resevoir so I'll let em go for now but this goes to show what kind of crap which is aimed at the first time grower can expect.

Yeah they're too tightly packed for a standard grow though they would work for a sea of green where you used clones and started flowering when they were small. Generally they are hyped to new growers with no experience and are over-priced.

• Bueller and Larry902 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Larry902

Larry902

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:57 PM

Yep, they got me!  Yet if it wasn't for this device, I probably wouldn't have tried.  Like the label says, "Easy grow", not so easy but a very expensive lesson.  it was in fact a lesson and a mistake I won't be making again.  So right now I'm learning everything not to do(getting that part out of the way so future grows will have a greater rate of sucess).

• Bueller and KnuckleDragger like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users