Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

Making a Small Batch of Hemp Oil~ Easy Peasy!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:59 AM

This is part of another tutorial, done in two parts for the HAO.

I thought this might help others as well just wanting to make healing hemp oil,

so have moved this part into here and will also move to another thread.

It is all about making this info accessable to those that need it.

Please if you are interested read the sister tutorial where the

whole process is explained in total.

Do not be put off by the source of this wisdom. Many things in ancient

texts are of huge value to us today, when we are trying to get back

to the wisdom of the ages after being subverted by pharma

corporate machines for so long.

This is part and parcel of the whole.

Making HAO~Holy Annointing Oil~For Pain and Healing

Please see the Informational post on this

Holy Annointing Oil ~ From the Bible

Link to this Article on GreenPassion.

Thank you anothertime for all your help with this project.

Holy Annointing oil

This article is hosted on the net by our friends at the THC Ministry.

Their link is also on our home page.

You would have a hard time finding a finer group of people.

With much thanks, and Blessings to you all.

As well, here with Eloquentsolution's permission is the link on our friend site,

freemygreen and the valuable information they have there.

Thanks to Clinton, Eloquentsolution, Greywolf and Granny for their help with this, from freemygreen

THE ORIGINAL BIBLICAL CANNABIS OIL RECIPE

(freemygreen is also on our home page)

Peace
  • Itinkso likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:17 AM

All right. In further discussion with Clinton of Freemygreen (see above) it was explained to me that the Kenah Bosum (cannabis) should also be reduced "as in the art of the perfumer" as the other essences have been. This means prior to making this potion I reduced down the herb into essential oil, as in Rick Simpson's Healing Hemp Oil. Also, in discussion with Jonnyappleweed he has found that by stripping the herb longer in solvent, 3 times instead of 2 as RS suggests, it greatly increases your yield. I don't know about this, as this is the first time I have made the healing hemp oil. I did find it worked very well, and still did get some coloure and sticky goodness off the herb after already soaking it twice in the iso alcohol.

Anyway, for this I used a total of 3.4 ounces of dried cured bud. This was very dry and I found it very easy to just break it up with my hand before adding the solvent. I used 2.3 ounces of MTF and 1.1 ounce of Killer (Kush X White Widow) both are known well for their pain treatment. This will be for several people dealing with chronic pain, from arthritus and back surgery.

I did this in two stages, the MTF first and the Killer last.

Here are before shots showing my rice cooker (which worked GREAT!) and the herb etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the first stripping...because I am doing small quantities, I can get my hand right in to crush the herb up in the jar, then stirred it and shook it really well, to strip the essence off it.

Posted Image

Here is the first wash of 2.3 oz of the MTF. Then I filtered it through some screening I had, which worked very well. Then I just reversed the herb back into the jar, and poured the ISO back over the screening fabric to wash it again, as below.

Posted Image

Here are two solvent washes of the herb, readiing for the third...see the dark colour of the solvent in the bowl. The third wash was lighter, but still worth it, as it seemed to still have the sticky quality to it. You can see that in the below picture.

Posted Image

See how sticky the jar looks?

Posted Image

I found the herb looked really a fresh green after it was finished. I am drying it out, to see if the ISO gets out and if I can use it further...you never know!
  • Itinkso likes this

#3 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:46 AM

Now on to the reducing of the oil. I did this on the floor of my concrete screened in front porch. On the floor so no one passing by would see it, as well in case the pot got hot, it would be on concrete so would do no damage. I raised up the fan so it would blow over the top of the pot and remove any fumes from the area. I also covered it with a screen (a splatter guard for frying) to keep any debris or whatever from falling into the oil. My cats use the front porch to go in and out, so JUST IN CASE they got curious, it was there to protect them.

I hunted high and low and did not get just any rice cooker to do this with. As Rick Simpson has said and uses, I found a rice cooker with the two settings: Warm and Cook. I found this an important feature as it prevents the oil from burning by turning it right down once the solvent is pretty much gone. I got the medium sized one, not the large one, not the smallest one, as I figured you can keep adding the solvent, but if it is too big, it is hard to re-capture all the oil. I also found with this one, it has a non-stick coating on it, and it makes it so very easy to remove the oil from the pot. I just used a rubber kitchen scraper, to gather it up, with no problem what so ever.

I had two large jars of ISO stripped resin as well, that where gradually added as the ISO/oil cooked down. It went so fast! You really have to watch it. I would say the whole process only took a couple of hours, and I had to stop at one point and go out, so turned it off for about an hour.

Posted Image

Here is the set up...and the first filled pot with one jar.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here it is bubbling away after a while...just one more jar to add at this point.

Posted Image

Almost ready for the second jar to be added.

Posted Image

All the oil and solvent is in the one pot now. Cooking rapidly and boiling off the solvent is going well.

Posted Image

And here you can see the final bubbling off of the iso. The pot automatically turned down to warm for this part, once the major amount of solvent was burned off. See the minor bubbles appearing on the surface.

At this point I transferred the oil to a small stainless steel dish to finish it up on a coffee warmer indoors.

Posted Image

Took a bit for it to reach the temp of the warming plate, and at this point I left if for a while, to see how much it would continue to bubble. About 10 minutes I guess. No more bubbling appeared for me at this point.

I also happened to get some on my fingers and ate it. It was pretty good! Smelled piney, not at all like alochol, very pleasant and not at all nasty, as I have been told it can taste.

Posted Image

Final cook down, just cooling it a bit before I wieghed it.

Posted Image

I wieghed the full bowl on this little digetal scale, then after emptieing it, wieghed it again to subtract from the first wieghed amount and thus know how much actual healing hemp oil I had added to my mixture....more on that later.

I recovered 15.3 grams of oil from the over 3 ounces of cannabis. Not bad for my first time! It was more golden I found, not really green or black as it appears. I think it is just so dense it looked black. You can see that where it is thinnest.
  • Itinkso likes this

#4 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts
  • Location760 Cali High Desert

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

i need to grow a hemp plant, right? do you know where i can get some DNA? I thought maybe i could include one or two in my windowsill grow.. this is a great demonstration of the process. thanks J!
  • Itinkso likes this

#5 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

No you use pure herb for this, DW. Not hemp. I use over 3 oz of bud for this. Indica is more sedating. Peace
  • Itinkso likes this

#6 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

WOW! that's a lot of bud. well, it will be awhile then. but i will keep this in mind for when we have enough to spare. i think this may help me a lot.. thanks
  • jangel and Itinkso like this

#7 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:42 AM

I think so too sweetie...for ingestion it is better to use drinking alcohol though sweetie. Not ISO.
  • Desert Woman and Itinkso like this

#8 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

I think so too sweetie...for ingestion it is better to use drinking alcohol though sweetie. Not ISO.

perhaps.. xmas4.gif
  • Itinkso likes this

#9 Guest_Sythe_Fletcher_*

Guest_Sythe_Fletcher_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

Alot of people I have talked to on making oil (something I hope to try soon) Tell me that fresh herb will get you more oil than dried. Also if you gring the herb very fine this helps as well. One friend suggested a coffee grinder for this. Another uses a food processer.

#10 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 11:59 AM

I have never heard that at all. In fact, it is better if it is water cured and dried, over just dried, as this takes out the chlorophyll that can still be present in the herb. If you use fresh herb, it would have more chlorophyll in it, not less. If it is water cured you can also leave it in whatever solvent you use longer, in order to get a better more complete extraction. If you did that with fresh herb you would end up with soup almost, as the herb break down when in the solvent more.
  • Desert Woman, KaK and Itinkso like this

#11 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

I have never heard that at all. In fact, it is better if it is water cured and dried, over just dried, as this takes out the chlorophyll that can still be present in the herb. If you use fresh herb, it would have more chlorophyll in it, not less. If it is water cured you can also leave it in whatever solvent you use longer, in order to get a better more complete extraction. If you did that with fresh herb you would end up with soup almost, as the herb break down when in the solvent more.

i was confused. thank u for making that clear. :D:
  • jangel and Itinkso like this

#12 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:42 AM

hey J!!!.....actually on the subject of chlorophyll...there is research that points to cloropyll being beneficial to health as well....i read about it a while back on PT...there was some discussion as to its benefits...so water curing might not always be best since it may have some anti cancer properties......found this quickly but i'll look for more!! Chlorophyll and health Research on the health benefits of chlorophyll has focused on the area of cancer (including treatment and prevention). This research got underway when damage to genes (or more precisely, to the genes' DNA) by carcinogenic substances called aflatoxins (or more precisely aflatoxin B1, or AFB1), was found to be prevented by chlorophyllin. Chlorophyllin is a derivative of chlorophyll in which the magnesium in its center is removed (usually by placing it in an acid bath in a science lab) and replaced with copper. Research studies in humans have found that damage to DNA by aflatoxin can be decreased as much as 55% through supplementation with chlorophyllin at 100 milligrams, three times a day, for four months. This amount of chlorophyllin, 300 milligrams per day, is the same amount of chlorophyll found in one weighted ounce of spinach (a little over 1/2 cup of chopped raw spinach). Although research is still in the early stage, prevention and treatment of liver cancer, skin cancer, and colon cancer are all being investigated in relationship to intake of chlorophyll-containing vegetables and supplementation with chlorophyllin. will look for more when i get a chance!!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR and Desert Woman like this

#13 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:51 AM

and more...... Chlorophyll, the green “blood” of plant life is made by plants through a chemical process called photosynthesis. And amazingly, it essentially has the same effects in the body as iron, so it builds our own blood naturally. Catabolic and anabolic at the same time, liquid chlorophyll is a powerful detoxifier and tonic. It cleanses the blood and builds red blood cells while doing it. Because liquid chlorophyll’s composition contains calcium, it is highly useful for people as well as animals with arthritis, bone diseases, and hip dysplasia. Chlorophyll heals chronic conditions both internally and externally, and stops the growth and development of toxic bacteria. Chlorophyll removes toxins from the bones, blood tissues, and intestines. And because chlorophyll helps to thicken and strengthen the walls of the cells, it is also a nutritional aid for the immune system. Liquid chlorophyll counteracts toxins, the result is that the body heal faster. It also works in purifying the liver, eliminates old toxic material, and deodorizes the bowels and the entire body. In the colon, liquid chlorophyll helps keep the colon healthy by destroying disease causing bacteria. It works well in eliminating body odors, abscesses, and other skin sores in people as well as animals. In fact it’s a great help for any digestive problems, constipation, or diarrhea. Indeed, liquid chlorophyll is non-toxic, safe and soothing to body tissues, so it’s considered very safe for people of all ages. It is actually a whole food, instead of medication. Liquid chlorophyll is available in herbal shops, and of course, eating lots of deep green vegetables is the perfect way to get this great wonder tonic into your system.
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR, anothertime and 1 other like this

#14 Itinkso

Itinkso

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:53 AM

so for my oil to treat cancer i'd prefer to have clorophyll left in the mix......all it does is affect the taste and smell after all......does no harm and may do good!!!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR and Desert Woman like this

#15 Desert Woman

Desert Woman

Medicine Woman~Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5908 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:53 AM

so for my oil to treat cancer i'd prefer to have clorophyll left in the mix......all it does is affect the taste and smell after all......does no harm and may do good!!!

mother always said to eat my vegetables, now i no y!
  • jangel, I8ntLucky_UR and Itinkso like this

#16 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:46 AM

Good find Tink! Thanks for that ! Peace
  • I8ntLucky_UR, Desert Woman and Itinkso like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users