Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:59 AM

Please see the Informational post on this

Holy Annointing Oil ~ From the Bible

Link to this Article on GreenPassion.

Thank you anothertime for all your help with this project.

Holy Annointing oil

This article is hosted on the net by our friends at the THC Ministry.

Their link is also on our home page.

You would have a hard time finding a finer group of people.

With much thanks, and Blessings to you all.

As well, here with Eloquentsolution's permission is the link on our friend site,

freemygreen and the valuable information they have there.

Thanks to Clinton, Eloquentsolution, Graywolf and Granny for their help with this, from freemygreen

THE ORIGINAL BIBLICAL CANNABIS OIL RECIPE

(freemygreen is also on our home page)

Peace

Edited by jangel, 19 April 2010 - 06:56 PM.

• CAMSTER626, necros, Bueller and 7 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:17 AM

All right. In further discussion with Clinton of Freemygreen (see above) it was explained to me that the Kenah Bosum (cannabis) should also be reduced "as in the art of the perfumer" as the other essences have been. This means prior to making this potion I reduced down the herb into essential oil, as in Rick Simpson's Healing Hemp Oil. Also, in discussion with Jonnyappleweed he has found that by stripping the herb longer in solvent, 3 times instead of 2 as RS suggests, it greatly increases your yield. I don't know about this, as this is the first time I have made the healing hemp oil. I did find it worked very well, and still did get some coloure and sticky goodness off the herb after already soaking it twice in the iso alcohol.

Anyway, for this I used a total of 3.4 ounces of dried cured bud. This was very dry and I found it very easy to just break it up with my hand before adding the solvent. I used 2.3 ounces of MTF and 1.1 ounce of Killer (Kush X White Widow) both are known well for their pain treatment. This will be for several people dealing with chronic pain, from arthritus and back surgery.

I did this in two stages, the MTF first and the Killer last.

Here are before shots showing my rice cooker (which worked GREAT!) and the herb etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is the first stripping...because I am doing small quantities, I can get my hand right in to crush the herb up in the jar, then stirred it and shook it really well, to strip the essence off it.

Posted Image

Here is the first wash of 2.3 oz of the MTF. Then I filtered it through some screening I had, which worked very well. Then I just reversed the herb back into the jar, and poured the ISO back over the screening fabric to wash it again, as below.

Posted Image

Here are two solvent washes of the herb, readiing for the third...see the dark colour of the solvent in the bowl. The third wash was lighter, but still worth it, as it seemed to still have the sticky quality to it. You can see that in the below picture.

Posted Image

See how sticky the jar looks?

Posted Image

I found the herb looked really a fresh green after it was finished. I am drying it out, to see if the ISO gets out and if I can use it further...you never know!
  • judi_b3, necros, Bueller and 6 others like this

#3 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:46 AM

Now on to the reducing of the oil. I did this on the floor of my concrete screened in front porch. On the floor so no one passing by would see it, as well in case the pot got hot, it would be on concrete so would do no damage. I raised up the fan so it would blow over the top of the pot and remove any fumes from the area. I also covered it with a screen (a splatter guard for frying) to keep any debris or whatever from falling into the oil. My cats use the front porch to go in and out, so JUST IN CASE they got curious, it was there to protect them.

I hunted high and low and did not get just any rice cooker to do this with. As Rick Simpson has said and uses, I found a rice cooker with the two settings: Warm and Cook. I found this an important feature as it prevents the oil from burning by turning it right down once the solvent is pretty much gone. I got the medium sized one, not the large one, not the smallest one, as I figured you can keep adding the solvent, but if it is too big, it is hard to re-capture all the oil. I also found with this one, it has a non-stick coating on it, and it makes it so very easy to remove the oil from the pot. I just used a rubber kitchen scraper, to gather it up, with no problem what so ever.

I had two large jars of ISO stripped resin as well, that where gradually added as the ISO/oil cooked down. It went so fast! You really have to watch it. I would say the whole process only took a couple of hours, and I had to stop at one point and go out, so turned it off for about an hour.

Posted Image

Here is the set up...and the first filled pot with one jar.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here it is bubbling away after a while...just one more jar to add at this point.

Posted Image

Almost ready for the second jar to be added.

Posted Image

All the oil and solvent is in the one pot now. Cooking rapidly and boiling off the solvent is going well.

Posted Image

And here you can see the final bubbling off of the iso. The pot automatically turned down to warm for this part, once the major amount of solvent was burned off. See the minor bubbles appearing on the surface.

At this point I transferred the oil to a small stainless steel dish to finish it up on a coffee warmer indoors.

Posted Image

Took a bit for it to reach the temp of the warming plate, and at this point I left if for a while, to see how much it would continue to bubble. About 10 minutes I guess. No more bubbling appeared for me at this point.

I also happened to get some on my fingers and ate it. It was pretty good! Smelled piney, not at all like alochol, very pleasant and not at all nasty, as I have been told it can taste.

Posted Image

Final cook down, just cooling it a bit before I wieghed it.

Posted Image

I wieghed the full bowl on this little digetal scale, then after emptieing it, wieghed it again to subtract from the first wieghed amount and thus know how much actual healing hemp oil I had added to my mixture....more on that later.

I recovered 15.3 grams of oil from the over 3 ounces of cannabis. Not bad for my first time! It was more golden I found, not really green or black as it appears. I think it is just so dense it looked black. You can see that where it is thinnest.
  • judi_b3, necros, Bueller and 9 others like this

#4 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:25 AM

Here you see the ingrediants that are used for this, aside from the above.

We have here:

~ 1 bottle essense of Myrh $15.99

~ 1 bottle essence of Cinnamon Bark $39.99

~ 1 bottle essence of Cinnamon Leaf (also known as cassia) $7.99 *

You can order all of these off the net, but be careful as I have seen wildly fluctuating prices, from 87.99 to 8.99 for just the cinnamon bark. So shop around and buy the purist you can find. I bought these from a local health food store and these are quite commen. I had to go to two of them, so if you have a choice, go to the largest first.

As well:

~ 1 package of Bees Wax ~ You can also find this in pellets which melt easier. $6.99

~ 1 -473ml (2 cups) jar of Virgin Cocanut Oil~ This is pretty solid and a good choice to use for topicals.

~ 1 bottle Extra Virgin Olive Oil ~ Organic ~ (I only used 2 cups of this But have more for next time. I paid 21.99 for one bottle and 17.99 for the other. I would of bought both cheaper, but they only had one bottle at the one store.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Essences:

Posted Image

And oils used.
  • judi_b3, Bueller, GeeGee and 6 others like this

#5 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:08 PM

You will also need some containers, sterilized, dry and ready to use for the finished product. I was lucky enough that my sweetie had the smaller round ones, never used, already which he kindly donated to the cause, as well as the stainless steel metal ones.

Posted Image

Okay, here we go. First off, I put 2 cups of the Olive oil into my rice cooker. Since the healing hemp oil is already reduced, there is no need other than to melt and mix the ingrediants together, for it to cook for any length of time. I simply used the rice cooker on warm, to heat the fats.
Once it was warm to hot, I added the virgin cocanut oil and stirred until they where mixed...then unplugged it to turn it off.

Here they are both heated together and the hemp oil added.

Posted Image

For the hemp oil, I just dipped out some of the warmed oils and kept working them into the hemp oil with my chopstick. It totally disolved it, but it was soooo oilie I had to keep working and, as I was alone, no pics of this part. It totally went into solution, very nicely, and every speck disolved eaisly. Once I had it all into the mixture, I re-wieghed the dish, empty, to figure out how much hemp oil I had added. Which was 15.4 grams. Not bad!

Now, for measuring the essenses, you must watch that one drop is somewhat equal per different essenses. What I did was measure first into a spoon, and see how much each quantity was. SO say for the the Myrh, 30 drops was so much on the same spoon (say half), then you know that if perchance while you are measureing out 30 drops of the cinnamon bark and it is over than, where to stop, so they will be equal amounts.

In my reading I also found that some people found the Cassia leaf/cinnamon leaf could make this hot for some people. So I used less of this for my mixture.

In the formulations I have found it says

1/4 Oz. Premium Cannabis flower tops (buds)
1 cup (8 Oz.) Organic Extra virgin olive oil
Premium "essential oils"

30 drops of myrrh
15 drops of cinnamon and
30 drops of cassia (cinnamon leaf) *

This is all per cup of fat or oils. Since I made 4 cups total fat of this I added in stages

~ 120 drops of Cinnamon bark

~ 120 drops of Myrh essence

~ 60 drops of Cassia/Cinnamon Leaf.*

Now, at this point, I smelled it, and checked it. It varies very widely how concentrated your essenses are. You need to smell it and see if you like what you have. I felt that it did not have enough essence in it at this point so I increased the amounts I added and added an additional

~ 60 drops Cinnamon Bark

~ 60 drops Myrh essence

~ 30 drops Cinnamon/Cassia Leaf*

FOR A TOTAL USED AMOUNT OF ESSENTIAL OILS

~ 180 drops of Cinnamon Bark Essence

~ 180 drops of Myrh essence

~ 90 drops of Cinnamon Leaf/Cassia essence*

Once I had that done I added beeswax to make it less runny.
In the package I had there where 4 leaves of wax, for a total wieght of 104 grms, so 26 grams each leaf of wax. I added this in stages until I reached the cosistancy I liked. I ended up adding 3 leaves, X 26 grams so a total of 78 grams of organic bees wax.

I added the wax and checked each stage, by scoping out a portion and chilling it off. One thing I found is you need to let this only cool to room temp as if you chill it too much, the potion gives you the wrong amount of "jelling" idea. It can look thicker due to the cold than it ends up. I had to redo this one more time after I thought I was finished due to this, as it was not as thick I wanted it to be.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here it the final product...

Posted Image

It smells sooooo good too!

You can use many different types of oils for this. I will add more on this later.
  • judi_b3, Bueller, GeeGee and 5 others like this

#6 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

One thing I found with this is you must try it on a small spot on your patient first.

My daughter's boyfriend was having a sore back, as he has occasionally.

I got her to rub his back with this, to test it on him.

It worked very well, he said the pain did not come back, even the next day.

BUT he broke out in hives!

I broke down the formula and did patch tests on him, for each item in the mixture.

It turned out it was the bees wax that caused the reaction!

Now, I prefer the HAO to be a thick cream rather than a runny oil.

For this first time I wished it to be as close to the original as I could comfortably do.

Next time I make it I will use solely virgin coconut oil as it alone will give me the consistency I wish for my patients.

Coconut Oil is solid, and this makes it more easily transportable.

This makes it less messy.

One of my people I must mail it to, so it must be thick in order not to melt all over everything in the mail bag.

As well, it must be in an air tight, drip proof container.

As I said before, many different oils can be used for this, depending on what use you will be putting it to.

This can also be eaten, if your patient can tolerate it, and will have the healing properties of Hemp Oil.

Other oils that can be used for this include:

Sesame oil

Walnut oil

Canola oil

Emu oil (good for topicals as it is readily absorbed into the skin.)

Coconut oil

Olive oil (as originally used)

etc...please feel free to add to this list.

I hope this works well for you.

*A note on Cinnamon and Cassia from PeanutButter

A note about Cinnamon and Cassia.

They are two different trees. Similar and related but different.

Cassia is sold as cinnamon many times. In fact most of the time.

Then there is also the "true cinnamon."

Bark from one, leaf from the other for the HOA.
  • The Pinks, judi_b3, The Corsican and 8 others like this

#7 Guest_WHY?_*

Guest_WHY?_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

- Thank you for the Post !

Super interresing... easy for realisation...

shakehands.gif

THANK

#8 Guest_jfromthabay_*

Guest_jfromthabay_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

Very, very interesting... I would definitely like to try this in the future, when I have enough MJ. Using the same Holy Anointing Oil as mentioned in the Holy Book of Life is an exciting prospect. It could Heal the World if the people @ the top had hearts and decrim. it w/o being so concerned about the Financial impact of this plant. Thank You, J Angel.

#9 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Very, very interesting... I would definitely like to try this in the future, when I have enough MJ. Using the same Holy Anointing Oil as mentioned in the Holy Book of Life is an exciting prospect. It could Heal the World if the people @ the top had hearts and decrim. it w/o being so concerned about the Financial impact of this plant. Thank You, J Angel.

From your lips to God's ears sweetheart....peacesmhug.gif
  • Bueller, GeeGee, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#10 Guest_medicineman_*

Guest_medicineman_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

are you able to smoke HAO; or is it just topical?

#11 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

I beleive it is just for topical use. I have never heard of it being smoked, although I think it could be eaten. Depending on what carrier is used.

There is another article linked to this. It has more info in it you might find of value. It is in the first post in this thread.

Here is the link:

Holy Annointing Oil ~ From the Bible

Peace
  • Bueller, GeeGee, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#12 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

Hi ya'll! Graywolf here! The topical formula that Eloquent Solution are using has uniformly tested effective by volunteer panel, and hasn't gotten skin reactions yet. The MSDS for cinnamon oil is around 1%, so we add more coconut than we do for the oral holy annointing formula. The oral formula will definitely burn my skin in sensitive areas. Here is what we ended up with: 10 grams BHO 8 grams virgin unrefined coconut oil 2 grams Emu oil .7 grams cinnamon leaf oil .7 grams cinnamon bark oil .7 grams liquid myrrh gum Relief is within a few moments and there is little residual material left behind once rubbed in. Bon appetite! GW

Edited by Graywolf, 19 April 2010 - 03:10 PM.
correct recipe

• jangel, JointGirl, Bueller and 5 others like this

#13 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hi ya'll!

Graywolf here!

The topical formula that Eloquent solution are using has uniformly tested effective by volunteer panel, and hasn't gotten skin reactions yet.

The MSDS for cinnamon oil is around 1%, so we add more coconut than we do for the oral holy annointing formula. The oral formula will definitely burn my skin in sensitive areas.

Here is what we ended up with:

10 grams BHO
8 grams virgin unrefined coconut oil
2 grams Emu oil
.3 grams cinnamon leaf oil
.3 grams cinnamon bark oil
.3 grams liquid myrrh gum

Relief is within a few moments and there is little residual material left behind once rubbed in.

Bon appetite!

GW

Hi Graywolf! So nice to see you here! Thank you for adding your fine info to our knowledge base here.

I will have to come and visit you folks soon...but you know what it is like!

Life is very busy!

Take care sweetheart.

Peace
  • Bueller, GeeGee, Graywolf and 2 others like this

#14 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

Thanks and you're welcome! Come on up and we will break out the good stash! GW
  • jangel, Bueller, GeeGee and 2 others like this

#15 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

LOL! Love to sweetie!
  • Bueller, GeeGee, Graywolf and 2 others like this

#16 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:47 PM

Other oils that can be used for this include:

Sesame oil

Walnut oil

Canola oil

Emu oil (good for topicals as it is readily absorbed into the skin.)

Coconut oil

Olive oil (as originally used)

etc...please feel free to add to this list.

HOA.

Look forward to your visit my dear!

It's the secret lair on the corner under the two ancient Fir trees. Call first, and we'll leave out bread crumbs and a candle burning in the window!

As to the attached quote, pretty much any oil or fat will work. I've also tried:

Hemp seed oil
Grape seed oil
Almond oil
Avocado oil
Sunflower

All worked well as a menstruum.

GW
  • jangel, Bueller, Itinkso and 2 others like this

#17 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

Thank you kind sir. I look forward to visiting with you, my friend! peace
  • Bueller, Graywolf, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#18 eloquentsolution1

eloquentsolution1

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

try combining some of your favorites, but you will likely not smell or taste them due to the aromatics and flavours of the ingredients in the recipe...so try going for textural additives....what feels good.
  • jangel, Bueller, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#19 Granny

Granny

Tincture Queen!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Oregon

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

Thank You for posting this jangel, and you are welcome to any of our recipes and I will gladly thumb through your recipes here. It's so important for communities to share and to get out the word on the wonderful healing remedies made with cannabis.
  • jangel, Itinkso, sandbreak and 1 other like this

#20 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

OH!@ So good to see you both got on the site!

WONDERFUL having both of you here!

Welcome Granny, to GreenPassion! And of course, Eloquentsolution, whom I believe some of you already know...welcome!

Folks, these are the kind ladies that have helped me at freemygreen with so many different potions and such.

Welcome to our Family!

And please, take what ever will help others. Might I suggest you start here as well, with a balm made by medi-USE A, Made from the roots.

Canna root Balm.

My Home is Your Home...welcome!

Please take what is of use to you.

with thanks for all you have already contributed.

Peace
  • Itinkso, sandbreak and Blue61 like this

#21 Granny

Granny

Tincture Queen!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Oregon

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

Thanks so much, I am a poor and modest woman, but do love spreading the love. I have posted the Canna-root Balm at CC and I'm sure anything cannabis will work as we canna cooks work to perfect the recipes, though you may have to answer a few of the questions there, lol .. Onward to good health........

Edited by Granny, 05 October 2010 - 12:42 PM.

#22 Guest_k~spirits_*

Guest_k~spirits_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:35 PM

Wow!B)
Very nice job, Jangel!
Thanks so much for sharing so much with all of us.:)
This is incredibly interesting!
And... promising!

I have enjoyed the pictures of the process you had used.
I look forward to any further notations on the recipe and/or the process.
I am excited about the results you have reported and about the potential for effective, non-toxic relief for many!

You are quite an angel of compassion! :frown:
You have my gratitude and my admiration.

#23 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:31 AM

the recipe for this interpretation of holy anointing oil came from a need to medicate my alzheimer's mother. she is late stage and has a keen pallet. i was unable to get any of my previous cannabis concoctions past her lips as she disliked the taste of chloropyl and would spit it out...even honey elixer. the cooked oil extractions required too large a dose to sneak it by her. i needed a homogeneous solution of concentrates for small dose accuracy. i did the mathematical conversion from a full plant extraction, calculating the amount of honey oil per oz and made the conversion to concentrates. the results for mom were nothing short of amazing. when i used her meds, i understood the power of concentrates and the knowledge of the ancients with holy anointing oil. altho the cinnamon leaf, bark and myrrh oils don't seem to enhance the effects of cannabis, the onset is faster. the additives do have their own medicinal benefits. for those that have tried the ingested version, do not neglect the topical. you too will be amazed. tho i mess with all kinds of extractions, i still make the resulting honey oil into holy anointing oil or holy shit, which adds cinnamon candy flavoring to cover the myrrh in the HAO(GW addition). edit: the addition of the cinnamon flavoring is a flavour delight. i seldom make straight hao. thanks, gray wolf!

Edited by eloquentsolution, 16 November 2010 - 11:24 PM.

#24 MCOne

MCOne

Only Organics

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationGouranga

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:22 PM

great resource thanks I love the taste the cinnamon gives to it!

Edited by MCOne, 19 December 2010 - 04:53 AM.

• jangel, Itinkso and Blue61 like this

#25 jayrollinhippy

jayrollinhippy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:35 PM

I've been A member at the thc ministry for several years now. I have made HAO only once and can attest to its great healing power. I made mine using fan leaf sugar trim maserated in olive oil ang ground cinnamon myhr oil and cassia oil. But I would agree that cannabis extract is a better way to go because you lose to much oil due to it being absorbed by the cannabis. I had arthritist in m y hands pretty bad but after treating them dayly for several week most of the pain dissapeared never to return.About this time I recieved A bad 3rd dregee burn on my index finger not big but painful but after treating it with A few drops A day it was completely heales within three weeks. NOt bad for A diabetic. Hope to make A new batch soon.
  • jangel, Itinkso and sandbreak like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users