49 replies to this topic

#26 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5521 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:02 PM

sounds like good genetics. :pns: keep it simple, read a fair bit, and ant troubles just post em. theres alot of canna doctors here. hopefully they did hermie due to stress. and if so your reasoning is spot on. good luck.
  • plant boy likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 JohnnyBoy928

JohnnyBoy928

Renegade Masta

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:59 AM

Do you have pics or description of the process of pollinating the female buds with your captured pollen? Thanks and this is Nice and Simple... :D: Nice sharing man...
  • plant boy likes this

#28 Gimmmme The Splifffff

Gimmmme The Splifffff

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

So if I want to polinate my lowryder females say 5 out of the group does it matter what kind of male strain I have. No right as long as it has pollen? Also cant you store it in the freezer? The pollen
  • plant boy and brock 1 like this

#29 dreadlight

dreadlight

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationColombia SA

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

I've been reading alot here lately about males and pollen. I wanted to share with you how I was taught to collect the male pollen, so you dont have to continue buying yr seeds.
There is no need to pollenate a whole grow, this will allow you to selectively pollinate some of your lower bud sites and have seeds without infecting your entire grow. Sorta like having your cake and eating it too.
I do hope that some of you will use this to continue the lines of cannibis we all know and love, strong.
First off... the cutting.... the top of any male you're about to compost....
Posted Image

Next, the set-up, a plastic beer cup, with a hole in the bottom... a glass cup to hold some water....
Posted Image

pop him in...
Posted Image
And into the water cup....
Posted Image

All done.... the nice thing here is, you pop him into a window sill and he'll continue along on his mery way... as he comes to term, the pollen will collect in the bottome of the cup, a tap or 2 every so often can speed the process.... let him go as long as you wish to collect or he finishes....
Collect it all in a film canister... sit it in the window sill for a day or so to make sure it's good and dry and remove the flowers with tweezers..... add some rice to keep dry for storage and you have it... life in a bottle...
Posted Image

Enjoy...

If you got any questions, ask em!
Peace

EDIT, the lower pictures do load, the above pics do not.

im kinda doin the same thing but with soda bottles, what im REALLY interested in is how long is the pollen viable in this dry set up without refrigeration. Thanks in advance...............peace
  • plant boy likes this

#30 mediuse

mediuse

Words, Theory's, Idea's...I got 'em!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4529 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:42 PM

I have successfully used pollen over a month old.... Refrigeration will extend it...freezing even further muA
  • plant boy and sandbreak like this

#31 brock 1

brock 1

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

So if I want to polinate my lowryder females say 5 out of the group does it matter what kind of male strain I have. No right as long as it has pollen? Also cant you store it in the freezer? The pollen

doesn't mater what strain male you use but you may not get auto flowering plant's in the seeds.
  • plant boy likes this

#32 marijuanabg

marijuanabg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

Does this cutting stay alive for a long time flood only in water?
  • plant boy likes this

#33 FlowerBurner

FlowerBurner

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

save the seeds, protect the breed! Posted Image
  • plant boy and sweettooth222 like this

#34 GreenWeaver

GreenWeaver

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTwilight Zone

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

Hi Friends, I was able to buy all my high CBD seeds in one big club in Oakland. Here they are: 1) SOHUM Seeds- Sour Tsunami; 40 Indica, 60 Sativa, 5.2 THC, 11.3 CBD, 9 weeks 2) SOHUM Seeds- Granny Derkle; 80 Indica, 20 Sativa, 6.8 THC, 12.8 CBD, 8 weeks 3) Medical Organic- Harlequin x GDB (Granddaddy Blueberry) 4) TGA Subcool- Jack The Ripper 5) Cali Connection- Chem 4 ALL REGULAR SEEDS TIME TO BREED!
  • plant boy and Lucky_Cat like this

#35 rep3

rep3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

does the male in the picture continue to flower if you leave it in water or do you take it out? it looks so simple
  • bongbonghi, plant boy and Lucky_Cat like this

#36 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Like HeadPawthead said you can take the first pollen it gives you,or you can leave it in the cup till it's finished droppin pollen.Then I guess you just dump it in the oil pile.I'v done the male in a cup thing but I was trying to root them Attached File  dynamite 489.jpg   75.11KB   7 downloads and another Attached File  dynamite 740.jpg   129.25KB   7 downloads it really is that simple rep3 give it a go... :bong:
  • plant boy, Lucky_Cat and PoeticLife like this

#37 Lucky_Cat

Lucky_Cat

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9678 posts
  • Locationllanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Nice one.. have a strong male Critical Mass did not have the heart to chop him up... so this has come right in handy.. tis in the veg cab so no worries... mahn this is a timely bump of a thread.. woot woot gonna collect me some pollen then maybe do some breeeeeeeeeeeeee din... tis the next step... good bump. :)
  • bongbonghi, plant boy, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#38 rep3

rep3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

can you show me the exact time to cut off a male sack so i know when to do it,?i want to obtain the most pollen possible when i do try it, for now im using that method to sex my plants and if they continue to flower and show male ill know what to do.. ill love you for it and i know i wont be the only one :)
  • plant boy and Itinkso like this

#39 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

rep3 th@ is a matter of judgment most of the time, methinks... males will generally begin to appear about 3? weeks into flowering cycle...how fast they develop and mature varies....best I can offer is to look @ them often as possible and when ya see the first hint of flowers opening take ya cut, place it in water and wait for the pollen to drop muA
  • plant boy and Itinkso like this

#40 rep3

rep3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

i found out that my biggest and favorite plant was female today so i guess i will have to wait for the other one to show, theres a nice baby bud on the tippy top:) but i pulled out my cutting and seen it has roots???!?!?!?so i put it in a cube, ive been trying to figuere out how to clone in rockwool so i dont have to bust out the cloner for 1 clone, but this isnt on just the flowering one the other 2 that i did have roots,i tryed doing a regular female to see if it would show signs of sex but instead it has baby rooots and its not in flower yet and its been about a little more then a week, im trying this method again to see if i can clone successfully this way because its an efficient cloning method if it proves to work. BACK to the pollen have you ever used pollen from stressing out a plant too much during flower because i believe this happend to my afgoo last crop and i have a total of about 400 seeds and i threw quite a few away, would there be a possibility of there being a true female in the pack? the afgoo flowered perfectly at a friends but when i had it, it pollenated everything.. the plants that caught the pollen are solid plants no problems from day 1
  • plant boy likes this

#41 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

those seeds will be femmed seeds because ONLY females contributed, despite the fact they hadda turn make to do it. This could ba a hermi trait strong in the plannt...OR it could be caused because of stress to the plant.....you can only grow the seeds to see....I recently hadda crop th@ did th@ and I got femmed beans from it. am gonna grow some out...mine was stress induced so the offspring should be ok for smoking, but I will not use them for breeding. muA
  • plant boy likes this

#42 rep3

rep3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

i considered that possibility of them being female so i kept a good pack:) only becuz ive read about colloidial silver and how it makez feminized pollen , so basically stress induced females make feminized pollen i see... and they should be feminized becuz the plants that did flip were completely fine flowered out at a friends, boy would i be happy with some feminized seeds... now i have a question? feminized seeds are from making a plant stress out and show both traits(aka hermy) what would be the chances of getting hermy plants ? and ive talked to a person behind the counter at the club and they say its better to have a solid female and a solid male becuz the genes will be more solid.. like having a mother and a father as a human is better then having 2 mothers and one with a shlong haha.. anyways do let me know what becomes of the seeds becuz id love to know but in the meantime i went to harborside in oakland and got me sum deep purple so im gonna pop those off before i try the "experiment" i guess you can call it:D
  • plant boy likes this

#43 rep3

rep3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

and you know this is how bubba kush was created?!?!?!
  • plant boy likes this

#44 UncleNappy

UncleNappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hey I am new to growing only about a year now, but have pollinated a couple plants a couple different ways i wanted to share with you. Well first off I had a large male i was letting ride while debating what to do. Decided since it had so many flower sites to just chop a branch a day stick in moist root cube and taped to a sheetpan lined with waxpaper. A week later a bunch of pollen had been collected. I tried to use a paint brush and went through a dip into pollen, tapped the brush off a little, turned all fans off in small closet grow, and dusted some lower flowers one of the two females in the room. Well not separating the "knocked up slut" turned into a double wammy with both girl giving me a total of 30 or so beans. So i would suggest isolating unless you mind checking for seeds. It didn't effect the high or taste or anything i could notice, but it was my first jillybean run. Nextly I think a very interesting fact i stumbled upon, was when the male i let ride was hanging with another girl in vege, a girl who had sexed already, but not started to flower. I got a few seeds from the develpoed sexual organs of that veging plant, later on. I hadn't noticed them until maybe 5 weeks later. So i think that may be a possibilty to pollinate lightly a plant in vege/ pre-flower on the female parts, thereby not filling the flowers with beans.
  • bongbonghi and plant boy like this

#45 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

thanks UncleNappy...some good info there....you are right, separating the pollinated plant for a few hrs to a day and the washing the plants down to be sure you remove the excess...or it WILL blow around...be sure to shake the water off the plant before putting it back under lights or it will get burnt where the water droplets are...if ya check the links in my signature you will find my take on pollen. muA
  • bongbonghi and plant boy like this

#46 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18495 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

i have found that the females that do get lightly pollenated finish with more trichomes and a sweeter taste than unpollenated females. could be that they are truely finishing their life cycle
  • bongbonghi likes this

#47 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

Plant Boy, I've heard th@ opinion from a few growers and speculations onnit from a few more...I suppose it's sommat I just don't notice... hmmm thinking.gif muA
  • bongbonghi likes this

#48 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

I have some Dynamite pollen I collected form a seed run last year in the freezer so I decided that I am going to try it on a vortex bud from this grow.I don't know if it will work with pollen that old but ya never know.I'm not trying for a super strain I just happen to have some pollen so I might as well use some.

#49 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

boomchuckaluckaboomchuckalucka...whammo!...SEED! :D hehehehhe muA
  • bongbonghi likes this

#50 bongbonghi

bongbonghi

Happy Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

Cool beans hehehe sounds like I will be making my first cross in about 2 weeks I got 2 so I will seed a bud on each :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users