51 replies to this topic

#1 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

Posted ImageJust over four years ago, former U.S. DEA administrator Karen Tandy announced to the world that her agency had struck “a significant blow … to the marijuana legalization movement” by indicting Canada’s so-called ‘Prince of Pot,’ Marc Emery.

For nearly two decades Emery operated a successful marijuana seed bank operation in Vancouver, British Columbia — a venture which he used to directly fund cannabis law reform efforts around the globe, including the magazine Cannabis Culture, the internet site Pot TV, and the founding of the British Columbia Marijuana Party.

Emery’s seed business was hardly a secret. For many years, Emery mailed copies of his seed catalogue to Canadian politicians. A Canadian court convicted him in 1998 and sentenced him to a $2,000 fine. Undeterred, Emery continued to sell seeds — and pay federal taxes on his profits — up until his arrest. Canadian authorities were happy to accept his tax money, and officials at Health Canada, which oversees Canada’s legal medical marijuana program, often recommended that patients contact Emery for grow advice. Nevertheless, when the Feds came calling, the Canadian authorities were swift to throw Marc Emery to the wolves.

Even though Emery’s alleged crimes would have warranted, at most, a month in jail in his home country, Canadian authorities yesterday placed Marc into custody so that he can be extradited to the United States. Once here, he faces up to five years in prison for pleading guilty to one count of conspiracy to manufacture marijuana (more than 100 plants) in violation of 21 USC 841(a)(1) and 841(b)(1)(B).

But lets not kid ourselves. Marc Emery was hardly a high level target because he sold marijuana seeds to the U.S. — a simple google search will yield dozens of listings of competitors that presently engage in similar activities. No, it wasn’t so much what Marc did (”There isn’t a single victim in my case, no one who can stand up and say, ‘I was hurt by Marc Emery.’ No one,” he told the Vancouver Sun) as it was what he did with his money that aroused the ire of U.S. anti-drug officials.

And we have Karen Tandy’s own words to prove it.

--Hay Stoner, Click here to Read More about this --
  • green_nobody, SmokeToLive, BikerPepe and 3 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 deep[H2O]culture

deep[H2O]culture

EX TEAMGREEN MMJ CAREGIVERS

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

this is sickening and an embarrassment to the united states
  • green_nobody, snickelfritz, SmokeToLive and 4 others like this

#3 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:17 AM

I don't understand how any self-described 'revolutionary' can complain about not being treated fairly. I guess no one told him what happens to people who buck the system. What did he expect? An invitation to the ranch at Crawford? Why is it no one wants to see the truth here? The Feds are lying and so is our side. Marc Emery is no kind of saint or martyr. Pay attention and think for yourself.

#4 The Corsican

The Corsican

Exiled

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:30 AM

I agree Michael. Emory is an opportunist and he has a big mouth. I'm not saying that I think he deserves to be in jail, just that he knew what he was doing and began provoking the U.S. DEA on purpose to burn them up. You don't poke a lion with a stick and when you **** with the bull you get the horns. Emory should have played his hand differently. "It isn't fair" has no place in this world. We're dealing with some very sinister people. If they could a lot of them would have no problem putting bullets in all of our heads. That's how nasty these people are. They hate with a passion that is almost indescribable. Having said that, I think Emory shouldn't be in jail and my prayers are with him. Jail sucks and it's no place for a human being. The whole situation is pathetic and more than a little bit ironic. -the Corsican.

#5 Guest_Jigsy420_*

Guest_Jigsy420_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:35 AM

What a farce. How do we end this bull****. I'm running out of patience with this stuff.

#6 The Corsican

The Corsican

Exiled

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

Good question Jigsy. Didn't Obama make some statement on Marijuana legalization during his election campaign? I thought he was for medicinal/recreational decriminalization? If not recreational use then definitely medicinal use. Any movement on this front coming from the Obama administration? -the Corsican.

#7 Guest_dankstarr_*

Guest_dankstarr_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:46 AM

I think we all know the U.S. sucks when it comes to our beloved plant.. and the fact that they went after Marc .. dose not shock me..the U.S. DEA are just a bunch of hungery wolfs..and we are there pray. What I think sucks is that at some point Canada decided to turn on one of its own... Dont get me wrong I love Canada.. if it was a little warmer I would might live there.. But Marc didnt do anything that should give the Canadain authoritys the right to throw Marc to the wolfs... knowing the whole time how the U.S. Govt. love to inprison people for long prison terms.. and our prison are so wonderfull....wonderfully sh**... Good luck to Marc... and I think alot of people owe him alot for being willing to stand up for what he believes in..and what alot of us believe in..... and do it all in the public eye...

#8 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5516 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:53 AM

hell, they want to make an example why not go after arjan the king of pot?
  • SmokeToLive and anothertime like this

#9 The Corsican

The Corsican

Exiled

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

Because he doesn't have a big mouth like Emory. Marc Emory even manages to irritate me and I like the guy! What do you think his chatter did to the Feds? Hehe! Is Arjan outspoken like Emory? I've watched his Bud Searchers show on YouTube, pretty cool stuff. -the Corsican.

#10 Guest_marsvolta7r_*

Guest_marsvolta7r_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:50 AM

i don't know much about the guy personally. I'd say he just went about it the wrong way. On the other hand, the powers that be might have bagged him anyway who knows? The only way to fight a monster like the US government is through war or legislation obviously. Americans need to crawl back under uncle sam's kitchen sink and dig there testicles out of that giant mason jar! wtf.

#11 Guest_dankstarr_*

Guest_dankstarr_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

Arjan's Not in North America... I think Marc always new what he was doing.. always pushing waiting for someone to push back.. and when your in the front your the first to get pushed... but with countless seedbank out there.. and more people willing to go public it gives the feds more targets.. we will be lucky if we have seen the last of the seed bank bust.. but then again would other countries buckel to the pressure of the U.S. Govt. and extradite someone for something they might not find so bad.. I hope not..

#12 The Corsican

The Corsican

Exiled

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

Yes, they would. That's how we rule over other nations. We give them billions of dollars in aid or provide other "services". All our government has to do is apply a little pressure and threaten to take away the aid and the most countries will acquiesce in a heartbeat. Where are the ***** of the American people? -the Corsican.

#13 SmokeToLive

SmokeToLive

Baked User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:23 PM

I don't understand how any self-described 'revolutionary' can complain about not being treated fairly. I guess no one told him what happens to people who buck the system. What did he expect? An invitation to the ranch at Crawford?

Why is it no one wants to see the truth here? The Feds are lying and so is our side. Marc Emery is no kind of saint or martyr. Pay attention and think for yourself.

That he isn't being treated fairly is the crux of the whole argument. How fair can it be to arrest someone for selling seeds? Many of us here are bucking the system in one way or another, but it still wouldn't be fair for any of us to be arrested either. These pieces are meant to promote this idea.

The attitude that he is getting what he deserves is exactly what we are opposing.
  • anothertime likes this

#14 snickelfritz

snickelfritz

Cannabis Activist / Ex-Admin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • LocationAndromeda Galaxy

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

How fair can it be to arrest someone for selling seeds?

How fair can it be to arrest someone for growing a natural plant?

How can the U.S. prosecute a Canadian citizen and put him in a U.S. prison for something he did in Canada?

The enemy of freedom and liberty is the politician, and the evil money men that pull their strings from behind the scenes.
Government doesn't serve the people, it serves the stock markets and the international banks.
Who got bailed out? The rich.
Not the people who need it the most.

People don't make war, governments do. But, who suffers from war? The people.
The constitution of the United States was written to prevent **** like this from happening, but the corrupt & power hungry oligarchy will never let us have peace.
They make secret (unconstitutional) laws that no one can read. Have secret meetings that no one else is allowed to attend.
They seek to enslave us and make us conform to their will. They feel that they are "entitled" to power and they will not let go of it. We are nothing to them.
The world is just one big chess board & our lives (and deaths) are just a part of the game to them. They live in their world of comfort & excess, never wanting for anything, except more power and control of other people's lives.

The technology exists to free us from the dependence on foreign oil, but it doesn't get pursued because the billionaires would lose a measure of control over us.

Cannabis is a proven medicine, but the billionaires in charge of the pharmaceutical industry would lose their asses if it became legal. Instead, we get legalized death in the form of a pill, or injection. Then more crappy pills to relieve the side effects the first pills created. More money in their pockets.

It is all about power and control. They squeeze our civil liberties under the jack boot of their New World Order police state.
We are the enemy because we believe in individual freedom and liberty for all.
We are the enemy because we do not wish to conform to their dreams of total domination and submission of the people. We choose not to be ruled by the iron fist of fascism. We choose not to be slaves.

For that, they want to persecute us, prosecute us, or simply destroy us.

Fair? What the hell is fair anymore?

• I8ntLucky_UR, SmokeToLive, SilverD and 1 other like this

#15 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:45 PM

I guess I've seen too much of ME over the years... er... M.E.

I don't forget what people say and do. On the other hand, I don't really like reliving or rehashing old issues. So, what's the point? The only point I was making is pretty much what El Corsicano said. If you poke a bear with a stick, don't whine when it bites your head off.

ACTIVISM 101

In the case of Revolutionaries and Activists, they should be trying to get arrested at every opportunity, in order the get the issues before the court. All law is case law. Legislation is one way to change the law, of course - in one fell swoop. But case law can change the law incrementally. So, when they wanna arrest you for passing a joint, let's say, calling it distribution, you don't fight being arrested, you fight the case - in court.

ME has done nothing but make money hand over fist, constantly talking about how little he has and how much he has given to the revolution. Anyone paying attention, on either side of the issue, can't have much respect for anything other than his public relations skills and his media and marketing savvy, of which he has plenty.

#16 SmokeToLive

SmokeToLive

Baked User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

I guess I've seen too much of ME over the years... er... M.E.

I don't forget what people say and do. On the other hand, I don't really like reliving or rehashing old issues. So, what's the point? The only point I was making is pretty much what El Corsicano said. If you poke a bear with a stick, don't whine when it bites your head off.

ACTIVISM 101

In the case of Revolutionaries and Activists, they should be trying to get arrested at every opportunity, in order the get the issues before the court. All law is case law. Legislation is one way to change the law, of course - in one fell swoop. But case law can change the law incrementally. So, when they wanna arrest you for passing a joint, let's say, calling it distribution, you don't fight being arrested, you fight the case - in court.

ME has done nothing but make money hand over fist, constantly talking about how little he has and how much he has given to the revolution. Anyone paying attention, on either side of the issue, can't have much respect for anything other than his public relations skills and his media and marketing savvy, of which he has plenty.

If he had won his side of the extradition hearing it would be a different story, yes. I'm not saying give the man all your money and sing his praises, but at the same time he's going to real jail, not media/tv jail.

How much do we have to ask of ME before it isn't right for him to go to jail?

Wherever you want to draw the line, the DEA will let you.

Edited by SmokeToLive, 04 October 2009 - 04:00 PM.
Wherever...

#17 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5516 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

actually you'd be surprised at the number of countries that wouldnt buckle under us pressure...
  • I8ntLucky_UR, SmokeToLive and The Corsican like this

#18 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:34 PM

How much do we have to ask of ME before it isn't right for him to go to jail?

I don't think it's right for him to go to jail for what he did. But, that was the deal he made. There was no trial. There was just a deal made. He's a businessman. That's what they do - make deals. Revolutionaries and activists don't make deals. They make war. Ask them and they'll tell you. Those that are alive to tell their tales, anyway.

ME wouldn't make a pimple on the ass of a true revolutionary, like Thomas Payne, Ben Franklin, Sam Adams, et al. - or my own hero, Emiliano Zapata.

They were REVOLUTIONARIES, not deal-makers.

#19 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4001 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

These are interviews done Oct 2, 2009 while ME is in BC jail awaiting extradition.

YouTube - (2009, October 2nd) CKNW - Christy Clark Interviews Marc Emery from Jail [1 of 2]

YouTube - (2009, October 2nd) CKNW - Christy Clark Interviews Marc Emery from Jail [2 of 2]

In it he refers to himself along the same lines as Mandela, Ghandi, Martin Luther King and others.

#20 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5516 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

you think he wants martyrdom? makes sense.. if so all the whining is a front. and the DEA is playing along with it. I think he'll be back with a vengeance. martyrdom gives you a shtload of extra... power, charisma... especially when your on the front line like that. If this is what he's after its an extremely far sighted and intelligent move... I'll bet he's wishing they'd come and nab him from his home with guns drawn and a swat team... its all show business man. its about playing the herds emotions and harnessing the real power... if he's doing what im suggesting that is. It would be an extremely beautiful chess play. he'll be able to get people behind him that otherwise would never support him. people who belive in things like national sovereignty, constitutions and things like that... not just the happy tokers. i think he's after the extra leverage this will give him. just like mandela, and ghandi... it was their one man stand against the beast that gave them their success because a martyr is a powerful symbol against opression... i dont think hes dumb, i have always thought he was quite intelligent... It also shows the DEA's lack of intelligence in playing along to an old tune that has brought down other powerfull beasts before it. I mean he's openly saying what the game hes playing is... could this be it?

Edited by ileso, 04 October 2009 - 06:08 PM.

#21 The Corsican

The Corsican

Exiled

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

Hey, You have to die to become a martyr and I don't see Emory sacrificing himself for anyone except maybe his old lady. I'm with Michael on this one, Emory played a game and lost. There is no such thing as "Fair" in this world. Something can be right and something can be wrong but "fair" is for children. -the Corsican.

#22 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5516 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:39 PM

im not talking literally... and i dont think he's lost either... like i said before i dont believe him to be a fool. or maybe its just me that has an extremely deviant mind and am capable of seing how such a situation can be played to M's advantage... and i think he's doing just that. you see he want to be come a symbol. and thats exactly what he's become. whether you like it or not... and by going to jail in the US for something he wouldnt go to jail for in his own country the symbol of oppression is all the greater... because he's taking on the big bad wolf... ... being jailed was what gave mandela power. of course winnie was a huge help on the outside... but rather than predict and argue.. lets just wait and see how he plays this out... he's not stupid like i said. and the game is not over yet. not by a long shot
  • Michael and SmokeToLive like this

#23 The Corsican

The Corsican

Exiled

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

I think you might have something there. He well could turn into some sort of hero in Canada but never in the U.S.. We're just too damned cynical to look at someone like Marc Emory as a freedom fighter. Maybe he just irritates me but overall I have nothing against the guy and think it's bull**** that he's being throw in Federal prison. -the Corsican.

#24 Guest_operator1_*

Guest_operator1_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

This is kinda dumb... this guy thumbed his nose at the DEA and the US federal government and he ended up losing... I think he could have served his cause more efficiently if he would have kept his head down, and kept on doing what he was getting away with. He pushed and pushed and then was amazed when someone pushed back. I don't think he should be in prison, but he definitely should have gone about this differently.

#25 Lee

Lee

Formerly Leap270~Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

I disagree! We need people like Marc Emery. He is a leader. Yes he did pick a fight but come on the law needs to be changed! Innocent people are be prosecuted. If there were more people like Emery the laws would change. Its just ridiculous how our government is being run and what we are being taught.

I don't understand how any self-described 'revolutionary' can complain about not being treated fairly. I guess no one told him what happens to people who buck the system. What did he expect? An invitation to the ranch at Crawford?

Why is it no one wants to see the truth here? The Feds are lying and so is our side. Marc Emery is no kind of saint or martyr. Pay attention and think for yourself.

• SmokeToLive likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users