36 replies to this topic

#1 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 03:06 PM

The Native Way: For people who don't want to do all the digging and watering it takes to grow outdoor..
I always prep my spots at the end of the year before winter hits. I haul all my soil in in the fall. This will help to not draw attention to you in the spring when your planting babies.

#1. Get your self a good soil mix; I use "PRO-MIX" potting soil and sheep shit, 3 bags(Big Bag) of soil to 1 bag manure(Small Bag). Make sure to buy well composted manure from a garden center the fresh stuff will burn your babies.
Posted Image

#2. Get your self some Burlap bags; (3-5 gal bags work best) Fill them with your soil mix and tie the top, Take them to your spot and lay them down on their side.
Posted Image
#3. Get your self a good outdoor strain; Clones are best for this method saves you from going back and forth checking for males. It is best to start them indoor to get them strong enough for a good start when they do finaly go outdoors.
#4. Planting your babies in burlap; Since I preped in the fall all I need to take out to the spots in the spring is a knife and my babies. Cut a hole in the Burlap bag and plant a clone. The Burlap acts like a wick system soaking up the morning dew, Also the Burlap fibre is loose enough for the roots to perferate right threw and continue to grow in to the existing soil.
#5. Watering/feeding; I only water on the driest of days in the summer, And when they start to fruit/bud/flower I add a bloom nute something like N8.P18.K8

__________________:I agree:
  • godspeedsuckah, willtrib, Capt america and 6 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Guest_Verwegener_*

Guest_Verwegener_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2007 - 05:45 PM

higha!

like that idea very much!!!
I think about a very stealth place nearby in the woods, and preparing that place theese days for an outdoor grow next spring....

peace, Martin

#3 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

that is a cool method, but how to get those burlaps, as far as i know are most of those today made of PE or similar synthetic material... so where did you buy those, at a surplus store maybe?
  • grampa tom, plant boy and duke1960 like this

#4 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:17 AM

I get mine from "farm feed stores" "gardening stores",, I was even given a link on another site to find them online. Do a search online you can find them for $2-5 each.
  • grampa tom and duke1960 like this

#5 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:59 PM

Burlap is also used to wrap evergreen trees in the winter to protect them from damage.. A roll of burlap can be cut and stiched in to bags. But it is very time consuming.
  • grampa tom likes this

#6 knottyd

knottyd

gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:13 AM

A roll of burlap can be cut and stiched in to bags. But it is very time consuming.

Not with a sewing machine..My old lady has one. I bet she can whip out bags pretty quick.
  • grampa tom and duke1960 like this

#7 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:18 AM

I don't have a sewing machine, And my "GF" doesn't like it when I say I do!! HEHEHE!!
  • grampa tom likes this

#8 Hobo

Hobo

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1351 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:00 AM

ah i just came across this thread very cool, i will almost def use this for my outdoor.
  • grampa tom likes this

#9 kronic

kronic

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

this is a really good idea shaman it will save me from walking out to the suburbs and back every day which is a good 40 minute walk + whatever it takes to find a good spot. Do you only plant 1 clone in each sack? Thanks! KronIC

#10 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:59 PM

this is a really good idea shaman it will save me from walking out to the suburbs and back every day which is a good 40 minute walk + whatever it takes to find a good spot.

Do you only plant 1 clone in each sack?

Thanks! KronIC

You got it, One plant per sack.
  • grampa tom likes this

#11 kronic

kronic

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

right-o thanks shaman
  • grampa tom likes this

#12 midgradeindasouth

midgradeindasouth

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1033 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:38 PM

Nice to see you have decided to grow outside Kronic mp3. Best of luck to you. Keep the questions coming.

#13 Kryptic

Kryptic

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

wow great idea. i'll be giving this a try this spring

#14 kennkenniff

kennkenniff

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:43 PM

wow jangel linked me to this thread and this is an awsome method i,m putting out 40 clones i,m going to try this for a few i,m putting at and abandoned factory thanks shaman this is wicked wild stuff, it also gives me a way to move the soil with out having plastic bags to bring back to the car

#15 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5521 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:32 AM

hi, i was just thinking about this system, its great!! im already imagining how to adapt it to my situation.... just thinking though, there shouldnt be any problem with fresh manure cause its gonna be sitting in plce for at least a few monthe until spring... plenty of time to compost and leach the acidic stuff. cause i personaly almost usually use fresh sheep and chicken shit mix (POT LOOOOVES CHICKEN SHIT - best stuff in the world) dump it in the botton of the hole, cover it a bit let it dry for 2 or 3 days and plant the vegetative seedlings on top, basically cause the time it takes for the roots to get to it is enough time to leach out the acids with a few waterings.. about 1-2 weeks. and then... when the pot does find the manure .... BOOOM! goes wild. i think im gonna try your sack system... but im gonna bury the sacks and keep the top out.. cause where i live it gets pwder dry in summer. the sacks would just dry up in the sun. im trying to work out a way to have an underground reservoir of water or a way to retair heaps of moisture.. anyone used water retaining crystals /gel cause i hear they are good, but i also hear they affect taste. and since the end product save a few heads is basically all for my personal use, im in it for the taste not for the cash, although even if i was i really couldnt bring myself to sell anything but top notch gear.
  • grampa tom likes this

#16 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:55 AM

i think im gonna try your sack system... but im gonna bury the sacks and keep the top out.. cause where i live it gets pwder dry in summer. the sacks would just dry up in the sun. im trying to work out a way to have an underground reservoir of water or a way to retair heaps of moisture.. anyone used water retaining crystals /gel cause i hear they are good, but i also hear they affect taste. and since the end product save a few heads is basically all for my personal use, im in it for the taste not for the cash, although even if i was i really couldnt bring myself to sell anything but top notch gear.

i also would always bury the sack, open burlap attracts all kinds of stuff creeping around from birds to mammals to insects...

well since you have time now i would dig a few holes and blanket them with some foil to collect water over the winter now, camouflage them a little bit so now one will notice them during the upcoming hunting season and you got plenty of water to work with in the summer. and if you have some higher ground close to your spot i would dig there so that you can use the slop to "pump" water down with a simple hose and the help of gravity.

you could also tap a small creek or other water body in that fashion, or if there is no activity in hunting season or too much or you can't dig deep holes due to you medical condition you could use large pieces of canvas covered with a PU layer or similar, simple foil or what ever keeps the water in, tie it to a group of trees so it builds a pool and tab into that. a few of those store quite a bit of water and should be enough to feed a small outdoor grow. and if you cover these pools during the dry month it won't evaporated as much too.

check this here:wink:

Edited by green_nobody, 03 August 2008 - 07:05 AM.

• duke1960 likes this

#17 Guest_Jimmyspaz_*

Guest_Jimmyspaz_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

I've known people who used the burlap bags in wetlands. It seems to work well for them. I personally don't need to do this as my piece of bush has rich soil and plenty of water. I'm lucky enough to be able to plant and ignore until harvest. I try not to make repeated trips out to the bush during the season as it can attarct unwanted attention, I don't worry as much about LEO as I do about thieves, I've lost patches in the past. I don't visit more often than once a month in the summer, more ofen in Sept. as the crop ripens.

#18 MediNorCal

MediNorCal

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:08 AM

you might now wanna use one of these if you want to be stealthy...

Attached Files

#19 dcon_6868

dcon_6868

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:26 AM

cool idea i use a similar method and put them up in a tree at least thats the theory....hehehehehe lol

#20 Capt america

Capt america

Exiled

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:53 AM

cause i personaly almost usually use fresh sheep and chicken shit mix (POT LOOOOVES CHICKEN SHIT - best stuff in the world) dump it in the botton of the hole, cover it a bit let it dry for 2 or 3 days and plant the vegetative seedlings on top, basically cause the time it takes for the roots to get to it is enough time to leach out the acids with a few waterings.. about 1-2 weeks. and then... when the pot does find the manure .... BOOOM! goes wild. I think im gonna try your sack system... but im gonna bury the sacks and keep the top out.. cause where i live it gets pwder dry in summer. the sacks would just dry up in the sun. im trying to work out a way to have an underground reservoir of water or a way to retair heaps of moisture.. anyone used water retaining crystals /gel cause i hear they are good, but i also hear they affect taste. and since the end product save a few heads is basically all for my personal use, im in it for the taste not for the cash, although even if i was i really couldnt bring myself to sell anything but top notch gear.[/quote] Ive ahve expriance with the water cystals and never had the issue of taste. Ilove this idea! Now I have to keep the slugs and deer and other two legged animals off the crops! Thank you for the insperation!

#21 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

FRAUDULENT CANCER PATIENT!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

Can get em at alot of home building stores too. Lowes, Home Depot, etc

#22 Mr.Moonbiscuit

Mr.Moonbiscuit

guerilla is my game.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

i need to find some burlap lol

#23 Guest_Uncle Dank_*

Guest_Uncle Dank_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

:salute:Shaman is Here and thats a good sign:pns:Native Style:)

:wink:Mitakuye oyasin Bro and Peace in your Pipe

#24 Guest_sonnet420_*

Guest_sonnet420_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

I love this idea! Like another member the only other thing i would have to worry about would be the animals. Deer love eating anything green. Sometimes it's kind of hard to deter them s.o.b.'s lol

#25 Guest_Uncle Dank_*

Guest_Uncle Dank_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

:eek:Believe it or Not I deter deer and most everything else by mixing up a fine jug of whatever my 30lb Maine Coon Cat leaves behind ( he Eats steak like a Dog) :wink:Then I spray the plots and 3 years running now i have not had one problem with deer since mowing my crop down. i hear Wolf piss works well too...smhug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users