Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

- - - - -

"Mulder's Chart" - Behind the Scenes of Plant Nutrient Availability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_unrefined.hybrid_*

• Guests

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:26 AM

Hey all, just a little something I think may help someone.

I'm putting it in organics as that's sometimes the most confusing field in terms of working out what is going on with your plants. Please move it (and slap me) if it should be somewhere else!

This is Mulder's Chart, aka the Stimulation-Antagonism Chart.

http://www.apal.com....ONS July 08.pdf

edit: this information can also be found at the extremely useful (unless you're more vision impaired than you realise, like me) Charts Graphs and Other Useful Diagrams thread, to be found at;

It shows how levels of one available mineral nutrient impacts on the availability (or otherwise) of another.

It looks a little hairbrained at first, but makes sense fast enough when used in conjunction with the more commonly found "pH and Nutrient Availability" charts I'm sure everyone has seen before. Taught me a lot when I was studying.

Mulder's Chart is very handy to have around for those puzzling symptoms and for diagnosing multiple deficiencies brought about by overfeeding or local soil deficiency.

Remember that it depicts how the presence of increased levels of one nutrient causes less or more of another nutrient to be available to the plant.

To use for "working backwards" to determine which set of combined deficiency symptoms is actually the result of a deficiency of ONE nutrient, first work out which set of combination deficiencies is present, then see what other nute they all have in common, then think of "pushing your finger down" on the point of that nutrient .... it will "drag down" the availability of those it stimulates.

And it'd make a very confusing t-shirt design as well!

Edited by unrefined.hybrid, 31 July 2009 - 08:47 AM.

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

Thank you so very much for posting this. It is more "bricks" to add to our knowledge base for many many growers. I hope you do not mind but I will also copy this fine post to our threads with many good similiar diagrams and charts. I will post a link to one of the threads here, when I am done.

Here is the link to the thread, I hope you find other helpful info there as well.

Charts Graphs and other Useful Diagrams

Thank you for adding to our wisdom. This will indeed help many.

#3 Guest_unrefined.hybrid_*

• Guests

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:39 AM

No worries jangel, happy to help. It's much less confusing than it looks at first glance (thank Divinity for that!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users