#26 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

Thank you CAzerydn and Cubby, I enjoy listening to you both, It is always an honor for me to meet people who are so active in this,,, I thank you for all you have and are still doing,, And don't stop sharing with us, because it only gets people like me to work harder and do it in the open... You should of seen me not so long ago, I was too scared to speak out on what I believe in and what I wanted to contribute to be a part of getting it done,, I no longer am scared to speak, as time goes by there is more of me standing up tall when I speak of what I do and believe in,, Who knows what I will be doing at this time next year or even in a few months,, It is because of people like you that gets people like me to understand more and be comfortably proud to openly help,,,Thanks for being the people you are,,
  • jangel and Cubby420 like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 _abbenormal

_abbenormal

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:43 AM

hello this is so right but they feel it has no control and no money if its grown by the people the right to choose what and how you are treated is what we lost... each state has lost the right to do and choses what it feels is best for its people. over what money it gets from the bigger goverment that steals from us everyday... we need to force them following of our constition and not allow it to be changed in anyway what so every... we dont need control we need advice and guidence for the ? we have... not some small minded people who just want to take and use then throw away all for a dollar... we the people make the dollars there taking... open your eyes to the fact that most if not all of us just want a piece of the pie not the whole pie... is more important to help people than to take from them... at one point they will not have anything to take ... then theres a problem... sorry for the rant... abbe
  • jangel and DEBhasgrn like this

#28 DreamOfGreen

DreamOfGreen

Everybody must get stoned

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationIs everything (so I've been told)

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:40 PM

I’m inconsistent how often I come to GP so I’m late finding and reading this thread. Just wanted to say thanks and right on to Jangel, Deb and all contributors for fighting the good fight. All of you with good hearts and open minds are really great.
It’s been way to long coming but it’s exciting to see the progress that’s been made. It’s a snow ball effect for sure.
Personally I don’t care if it’s completely legal, but it should never have been schedule 1 in the first place and having anything less than tons should not be a jailable offense. And it should be available medically to anyone.
I think everyone should expect some set backs and resistance in unexpected places and ways. Their are too many powerful people in government, business, and organized crime that make too much money not to make it a bumpy ride, but together we can keep the wheels on.
  • DEBhasgrn likes this

#29 Guest_jimmygreen_*

Guest_jimmygreen_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:08 AM

It'll happen. maybe not in our lifetimes but it will happen because like Dr. Lester Grinspoon says, "you can't sustain a lie like that forever."

Martin Luther King wrote about in Letters from a Birmingham Jail about unjust laws:

“How does one determine whether a law is just or unjust? A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. To put it in the terms of St. Thomas Aquinas: An unjust law is a human law that is not rooted in eternal law and natural law. Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust.”

“An unjust law is a code that a numerical or power majority group compels a minority group to obey but does not make binding on itself. This is difference made legal. By the same token, a just law is a code that a majority compels a minority to follow and that it is willing to follow itself. This is sameness made legal.”

In America, whites get “treatment” for drug problems, blacks get prison. Suburban teens get warnings. The urban poor are marked for life with an undeserved stigma.

“We should never forget that everything Adolf Hitler did in Germany was “legal” and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was “illegal.” It was “illegal” to aid and comfort a Jew in Hitler’s Germany. Even so, I am sure that, had I lived in Germany at the time, I would have aided and comforted my Jewish brothers. If today I lived in a Communist country where certain principles dear to the Christian faith are suppressed, I would openly advocate disobeying that country’s antireligious laws.”

And he asked about unjust laws (which are usually heavy-handed without justification)and it speaks directly to the actual history of how the Marijuana Tax Act passed.

“Can any law enacted under such circumstances be considered democratically structured?”

“Oppressed people cannot remain oppressed forever.The yearning for freedom eventually manifests itself”

"One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."

He also said, "Let us realize the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice."

Making the most useful plant in the known universe illegal for racist and political (money+power) reasons is a mistake and a red flag that something is wrong with your institution--especially in a country whose most important, highest ideal, is personal freedom with personal responsibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users