#1 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

I've always had this love growing marijuana. I have also enjoyed smoking marijuana with all of it's goodness and enjoyment it has given me, and lets not forget what the herb can do for mother earth. I have always strongly known marijuana needed and should be legal,, Good Lord it isn't addicting, it doesn't lead you to harder drugs, and we all know the rest it is or isn't. I was talking to my son a few months ago, discussing my love of growing and my new place on the internet, Green Passion. There was one question I asked and will never forget the feeling that came over me when he answered me, "As I get older my desire and need to see pot legalized grows stronger and stronger, Do you think I will ever see it happen." His words responding to that should not of surprised me as I have thought the same myself, but at the time when he said to me, "Mom I am sorry to say this but, I honestly don't think they will legalize marijuana for many many years to come." It kind of hit me hard hearing those words and thinking I may never see the day that I would be legal to grow and smoke as I please. And I am not talking about the first much needed legalization of medical marijuana in all countries, I am talking about the freedom to do as I please when I please when it comes to weed. I do pray often that all this struggling for all to be free, Free from fear of being arrested, I pray I get to see that day and experience a long awaited dream come true, to be legal for at least a few years, maybe I'll be living that dream for many more years then just a few,, And if marijuana come legal, I don't want the government telling me how much or how often I can grow, I don't want the government controlling and taxing any of us the way it looks like it may come to. What do some of you think, Do you ever worry that you may never see the joy of our herb being legal. Do you think it will be twenty maybe thirty years, or better yet, will it be ten years or five years when I will be able to proudly walk in my back yard and admire and with out worry, I'll be able to admire my grow garden with out looking over my shoulder, and I will do it without being told how I have to do it.......Peace
  • Tokecrazy, Lacy, justanotherbozo and 10 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 4evergreen

4evergreen

Learning from you all!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

Amen, I wish it with all my heart. Everyday when I have to go to my grow, I feel like a "criminal", hiding and taking security steps for growing a plant!!! A plant that was here before any goverment in our planet! But sooner or later those laws will not be around, and I hope we all could enjoy it Good luck
  • Lacy, GeeGee, Lydia and 5 others like this

#3 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

I here ya, Deb. And this is what I do to make it sooner. If we ALL, EVERYDAMN ONE OF US, That does or has or believes we should be able to do so stands up and says it, then we have to win, from sheer numbers. This is why we try so hard to join all sites together, and each be part of the whole. Then we indead would be unstopable. In this past short time, I have seen the injustice made clearer every day, with people running into hiding because of LEO. Some fearing and many actully losing their freedom, their families, their homes for making a choice that should not be questioned. having to hide away in fear in case their life giving medicine be arbritarily taken away by the feds. It is wrong, and the more we each do, the further along this path we are on we all progress, it can only get better. Bit by bit, like an ant can move a mountain. Peace
  • Lacy, raf33, chuckd420 and 10 others like this

#4 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

I here ya, Deb. And this is what I do to make it sooner. If we ALL, EVERYDAMN ONE OF US, That does or has or believes we should be able to do so stands up and says it, then we have to win, from sheer numbers. This is why we try so hard to join all sites together, and each be part of the whole. Then we indead would be unstopable.

In this past short time, I have seen the injustice made clearer every day, with people running into hiding because of LEO. Some fearing and many actully losing their freedom, their families, their homes for making a choice that should not be questioned. having to hide away in fear in case their life giving medicine be arbritarily taken away by the feds. It is wrong, and the more we each do, the further along this path we are on we all progress, it can only get better. Bit by bit, like an ant can move a mountain.

Peace

Thank you Jangel, Were and how do I start so I can be of some help, even if it's just a little help I will at least have done something for what I so believe in. Like you said, If Every Dam One Of Us Stands Up And Says Something, well being legal just might happen for us, and isn't that what we old hippies want to have is our freedom. Yes I come here each day, I read and try to educate myself when I am able too, but I know I should be doing something, just maybe need a little guidence. Not to put a damper on what needs to happen But, I was thinking, Do you think some people are just too causious or too afraid to speack up and be heard for fear that there might be a chance they will be watched, Like if your noticed, do we have to watch over our shoulder even more then we do now....You watch, I'm going to learn from you Jangel, Your a go getter, I like that
  • Lacy, jangel, GeeGee and 5 others like this

#5 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

we proved how powerful we are when we collectively boycotted Kellogs!

when we hang together there is no stopping us!

united we stand, divided we fall!
  • Tokecrazy, Lacy, jangel and 7 others like this

#6 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

Thank you Jangel, Were and how do I start so I can be of some help, even if it's just a little help I will at least have done something for what I so believe in. Like you said, If Every Dam One Of Us Stands Up And Says Something, well being legal just might happen for us, and isn't that what we old hippies want to have is our freedom. Yes I come here each day, I read and try to educate myself when I am able too, but I know I should be doing something, just maybe need a little guidence. Not to put a damper on what needs to happen But, I was thinking, Do you think some people are just too causious or too afraid to speack up and be heard for fear that there might be a chance they will be watched, Like if your noticed, do we have to watch over our shoulder even more then we do now....You watch, I'm going to learn from you Jangel, Your a go getter, I like that

Deb, I just said this to a new member here today. Contact your local NORMYL. Check out what is happening in your state. i know Maine just got the okay for med mj patiants. But there are no discpensaries or compassion centers. Check out what is happening to help get this done. Right your congress man. Do a google search Medical Marijuana in your area and see what comes up. Contact other like minded people in your area, and then you will see where your efforts can best be focused. If everyone did that where they lived, it is as if we are all reaching out our arms and linking them together. This is how we all make our voice heard.

peace smhug.gif
  • Lacy, strider, Cubby420 and 4 others like this

#7 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

Thank you Jangel,, I'll keep you posted on my travels here in Maine
  • Lacy, jangel, GeeGee and 4 others like this

#8 Mr.Moonbiscuit

Mr.Moonbiscuit

guerilla is my game.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:33 PM

ok im about to lay down my general belief on this. if we all stand forward and become someone to the like of ed rosenthal or the BC three, or any of those proud people, then we would be a force to be reckoned with. there is a quote im rather fond of, in an army of cowards you dont have to step forward to be a hero, everyone else just has to step back. now am i calling anyone a coward? no, im just saying we are all afraid, afraid that our love of this plant will end up with us in jail, or worse shot by some prejudiced cop. but i say we need to start this ball rolling down a much steeper slope than what it is.
  • Lacy, jangel, chuckd420 and 8 others like this

#9 Lacy

Lacy

Serious Stoner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:25 AM

I here ya, Deb. And this is what I do to make it sooner. If we ALL, EVERYDAMN ONE OF US, That does or has or believes we should be able to do so stands up and says it, then we have to win, from sheer numbers. This is why we try so hard to join all sites together, and each be part of the whole. Then we indead would be unstopable.

In this past short time, I have seen the injustice made clearer every day, with people running into hiding because of LEO. Some fearing and many actully losing their freedom, their families, their homes for making a choice that should not be questioned. having to hide away in fear in case their life giving medicine be arbritarily taken away by the feds. It is wrong, and the more we each do, the further along this path we are on we all progress, it can only get better. Bit by bit, like an ant can move a mountain.

Peace

ABSOLUTELYrainbow.gif!!!!!
Together we stand:love:
Divided we fallviolin.gif

I actually think collectively we ARE making a difference. Of course we are. How could we not be?
Look at all the provinces and states and countries that are making progress with marijuana. There are more advocate groups and organizations popping up everywhere. Laws are being changed.
look at the bill that was just passed letting Canadians on the MMAR program, a choice of where they can purchase their meds from. For the longest time it was monopolized by ONE company and it took a GROUP of people, LIKE US, to rally together to make necessary changes and these WERE, in fact made.

Look at all the new states that are becoming or considering MMJ part of their plan.
Changes ARE being made.

I understand completely where you are coming from because for the 30 or more years that i have indulged, I have always considered myself a criminal and at times felt the need to hang my head in shame. No longer do I feel this way.helpgif

I now look back in history and make an assessment of all the things we have been led to believe, as a society and then later found out otherwise.
There are so many examples that when I think of all the mistakes we have made collectively as a society, that I no longer can go with the flow with blibers on any longer. I refuse to let society dictate what they feel is right for me because I CANNOT trust their motivation:cool:
Now I question all laws and my rights as a citizen and weigh out the pros and cons and why the decision was even made.
Then I make my own decision as to whether it benefits me or them(the government). When i do this I always come up with the same answer.
Its all about money. There would be far too much money lost from the people that govern us and right down the line. THEY are fearful that their power will be taken away. I even question whether there isn't a cure for cancer and it is just being kept from us because there would be too much money to be lost wiht all the people who benefit having it exist still.
I even question WAR itself because although there are so many that claim they are against it but the fact is it is created all for money.
When you start questioning even these two things alone, it kind of takes the trust away.

This very topic I am passionate about because I also think of all the people who just want to indulge in a PLANT for whatever reason and yet they are condemned by society. I also find it a HUGE injustice and often wonder just how strong we would be if on one day of the month we all ralleyed together and caused waves within our own governments, just to let them know how many of us are out there.

I do not trust governments at ALL as they have continuously proven that they DO NOT have our best interests at heart and never really have. It always boils down to MONEY!!!!

One thing that i do suggest to ALL people who choose to grow their own meds, is to try and make an effort to become legalized in any way possible, even if that is only having an MMJ card from a compassion club.
If you write letters to people that can help, make calls about your rights, doctors appointments as why you use it etc ,......then be sure to log all of this down and keep it in an area close by your grow

If you can prove that you are at least making an effort to improve the situation, then if anything were to happen down the road, like getting busted, then you at least have something which will be taken in consideration when it goes to court.

Its just food for thought and something that when i heard about it, gave me some comfort and peace of mind:love:

We are NOT WRONG in choosing what we feel is right for us!smhug.gif

I wish you all the best in whatever decisions you chooserainbow.gif
  • justanotherbozo, jangel, Mr.Moonbiscuit and 7 others like this

#10 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:50 AM

Wonderfully said sweetpea
  • Lacy, GeeGee, Lydia and 2 others like this

#11 Guest_eltone_*

Guest_eltone_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:59 PM

I ask myself the same question everyday. Thanks for posting it Deb-Has-grn. I remember when I was 18-20 years old saying to myself, "Marijuana should be legal but I will never see it in my lifetimehelpgif." But look at the progress we have made, look at the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case of San Diego & San Bernadino Counties vs State of California saying Federal drug laws overide State Laws. Even though it is Obvious President Obama is backsliding on his promises i.e. No More Federal Raids etc., we are making progress in a forward motion. There are still many "Reefer Madness" babies in both the U.S. and Canadian governments. As they die off and are replaced we will see Marijuana loose its stigma (I hope and pray.) To me it is only logical that this will happen. People are questioning what type of government prohibits scientific and medical research into any medication? Only one kind a "FACIST" government. As more states legalize Medical Marijuana and decriminalize marijuana possession they will demand a 'hands-off' from the feds. This will evolve, albeit over time, into Federally legalized Cannabis. This of course is only my dream, in reality I hope I live long enough just to see Medical Marijuana legal in the State of Iowa, USA, so I'm not risking arrest, prosecution, imprisonment, forfeiture of property, money and government benefits and housing simply by using the scientifically and medically proven safest medication, "Marijuana" for the control of chronic nausea and vomiting. I also believe someday there will be a prescription pain pill containg both an opiate and Psychoactive THC. The combination of opiates and marijuana work better than opiates alone for many patients. We should have this choice. My 19 year old son, and most of his peers, are Pro-Cannabis and less government into our private lives. Label it what you want but if you look at the progress we have made in the last 40 years it is rather amazing. Double that i.e. 40 years into the future, and I think marijuana will be totally legal and non-controversial. The people of that day will question, "What were they thinking?" regarding Marijuana Prohibition. I mean it just can't get worse, except I don't have another 40 years,:welldone:!!! Case In Point: Many of you are legally allowed to grow your own, I am not. Many of you have legal access to quality medical grade marijuana at fairly resonable prices, I do not. So count you blessing Deb-HAS-grn while continuing to push for legal changes to marijuana laws. As jangel and others have pointed out, "United We Stand." That's power... Peace...:cheeseburger::pot leaf::cheeseburger:

#12 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:52 PM

That puts it right where we all live, Eltone. Very well said and you are a voice of hope in this hole we sometimes feel we are in. Yes, we ARE doing it.... We WILL do it. Just like an ant moves a mountain, one grain of sand at a time....

Peace

I ask myself the same question everyday. Thanks for posting it Deb-Has-grn. I remember when I was 18-20 years old saying to myself, "Marijuana should be legal but I will never see it in my lifetimehelpgif." But look at the progress we have made, look at the Supreme Court refusing to hear the case of San Diego & San Bernadino Counties vs State of California saying Federal drug laws overide State Laws. Even though it is Obvious President Obama is backsliding on his promises i.e. No More Federal Raids etc., we are making progress in a forward motion. There are still many "Reefer Madness" babies in both the U.S. and Canadian governments. As they die off and are replaced we will see Marijuana loose its stigma (I hope and pray.) To me it is only logical that this will happen. People are questioning what type of government prohibits scientific and medical research into any medication? Only one kind a "FACIST" government. As more states legalize Medical Marijuana and decriminalize marijuana possession they will demand a 'hands-off' from the feds. This will evolve, albeit over time, into Federally legalized Cannabis. This of course is only my dream, in reality I hope I live long enough just to see Medical Marijuana legal in the State of Iowa, USA, so I'm not risking arrest, prosecution, imprisonment, forfeiture of property, money and government benefits and housing simply by using the scientifically and medically proven safest medication, "Marijuana" for the control of chronic nausea and vomiting. I also believe someday there will be a prescription pain pill containg both an opiate and Psychoactive THC. The combination of opiates and marijuana work better than opiates alone for many patients. We should have this choice. My 19 year old son, and most of his peers, are Pro-Cannabis and less government into our private lives. Label it what you want but if you look at the progress we have made in the last 40 years it is rather amazing. Double that i.e. 40 years into the future, and I think marijuana will be totally legal and non-controversial. The people of that day will question, "What were they thinking?" regarding Marijuana Prohibition. I mean it just can't get worse, except I don't have another 40 years,:welldone:!!! Case In Point: Many of you are legally allowed to grow your own, I am not. Many of you have legal access to quality medical grade marijuana at fairly resonable prices, I do not. So count you blessing Deb-HAS-grn while continuing to push for legal changes to marijuana laws. As jangel and others have pointed out, "United We Stand." That's power... Peace...:cheeseburger::pot leaf::cheeseburger:

• Lacy, GeeGee, Lydia and 4 others like this

#13 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

I also believe someday there will be a prescription pain pill containg both an opiate and Psychoactive THC. The combination of opiates and marijuana work better than opiates alone for many patients. We should have this choice.

This kind of prescription for pain is what is needed,, I too do not have the mmj medical card, I medicate myself and grow illegally so I can have relief from my medical problems... Even though I live in a state that has passed the medical marijuana law I can not get certified untill I make a choice. I live with terrible pain each day and also live with bi-polar. Marijuana is of great help to me but there are times that if used alone with out my pain pills it just doesn't work well enough. I am held back from having the proper medications because, if I was to have marijuana as my medication for pain and depressions, I will no longer be allowed to have the pain pills that are prescribed to now as a back up to work with marijuana if needed, or vice versa. So right now I am having to deside what might be best for me, one or the other, not one with a little of the other, just plain one. Lord I wish there was such prescription pain pill also containing THC, and you know, there is no good reason why there is not in this day and age with all the knoledge they have about the advantages to using marijuana.

I sure hope it isn't another 40 years before our right to grow and use marijuana is legal,, I feel such sadness when thinking there might be that awful chance that I don't see that day.. But then again I also do more of the positive thinking and picturing the day that the day will come for us all. The day will be of joy and cellerbration. It will feel like a war has just ended, When I vission that day it feels warm inside of me, When that day does come, and man it will come for me and for you, On that day we will cry for the battle is over, we will laugh and we will hug for it was all of us in one way or the other who helped make this come true, It just feels so calm on that day..... smhug.gif

Thank you for stopping by and adding to the thread,, I hope your state laws change at least for the medical perposes.
  • jangel, GeeGee, Lydia and 3 others like this

#14 taleofthedragon

taleofthedragon

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

Dont loss faith DebHG. I never thought in my lifetime that the Berlin wall would be torn down. I never though in my lifetime that the US would elect a black man as president. And who would have thought that South Africa would be freed from apartheid.
  • jangel, GeeGee, Lydia and 2 others like this

#15 Storm Crow

Storm Crow

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:04 PM

When I found out over 40 years ago, that cannabis stopped my migraines, and cut Joey's need for his addictive epilepsy drugs, and helped the Parkinson's tremors of the old lady at Horse Camp -

THERE WAS NOT EVEN THE IDEA OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA!

ALL use was abuse! A couple of seeds could get you 10 to 20 years in California! In some states, a joint could get you LIFE! In many cases, cannabis was a worse crime than murder- to judge by the sentencing!

Deb, today, we have 14 states and DC with some form of legal medical cannabis use! Alabama, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Wisconsin- all have a chance of legalizing medical use this year. California and Washington are trying to go even further towards full legalization!

Even in conservative states, the concept of medical cannabis scores over 50% in every poll! In liberal states, I have seen polls (non-scientific) with 90% approving medical use! We have 28% -over 1/4- of the nation with saner laws towards use. Every state that votes to legalize medical use, is another 2% towards that "magical" 52%- when "We, the people" can DEMAND legal medical use and research, if not full legalization!

We have passed from the hazy land of "If", into the solid land of "WHEN"! But what we need to do is redouble our efforts to legalize, to speed the day when we no longer have to hide like timid mice (but, like mice, there are WAY more of us around than most folks think! :party: ) It IS coming, Deb- and maybe sooner than you think! Obama (I think) will use the popularity of rescheduling, or perhaps even legalizing federally, to aid his re-election efforts- kind of depends on how VOCAL we are as a group! We have to make all of our voices heard!
:Legalize it!::) :321: :):)

And speaking of efforts- I, again, want to thank you so much for your help on the List! Your help and Jangel's made my life SO much easier! (Are you up for helping with the July edition? 100s of people will all need their updates! I'm up to 178 pages from the January List's 150+! Lots of new studies are being done! The List is getting bigger and better than ever!:) )

Don't worry, Deb, you'll see it, and maybe a bit sooner than expected! :rolleyes: (If we all get busy!)

Granny :321:

Edited by Storm Crow, 28 February 2010 - 04:25 PM.

• jangel, Lydia, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#16 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

Ohh Storm Crow you make me cry,, You are so special my dear friend,,, In three days it will be a year since I joined Green Passion, I had never been on a mj site, didn't even give them a thought, I didn't know there was much more to this lovely plant then what I knew it did for me... A lot has changed in this past year, a whole lot,, I don't feel quite so scared that I might not see her legal, I have hope that I didn't at this time last year.. It is like reaching for something you want so so much to save and you just can't get close enough,,,,But like you all have said here, we are getting closer, we won't stop until the job is done,, She needs us, and we need her,, I am more then ready Storm Crow to get back into sending your list out,, I honestly can't wait,, Thank you for involving me and having the faith in me that you and Jangel do...Blessings to you all,,

Edited by Deb-HAS-grn, 01 March 2010 - 02:59 AM.

• jangel, Lydia and Itinkso like this

#17 Guest_CAezrydn_*

Guest_CAezrydn_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

Deb, SOoooo much is happening these days! Over at Drug War Rant, Pete caused the ONDCP to change a webpage. Congress isn't interested in the Drug Czar's "feelings." Medical Marijuana states could DOUBLE in November, with CA leading the way into legalization. The last 16 months have been a whirlwind for the reform movement. Let not one negative comment deter you from what you know is right. When I moved down here, I was really "out of the flow." What could I do to help? I contacted organizations online, told them of my location and background and offered my services. One picked me up and I'm a lobbyist assistant. So, what can you do? Anything and everything you can think of. When I travel, I wear my LEAP tee shirt. Lots to do while waiting for flights. LOL Not to mention, agency interaction. I'll be 65 next month. I'm SURE I'll see legalization before I pull the pin. When? As they say here, "manana." It doesn't mean tomorrow. It means any time after NOW. So, every night, it's "manana." There is some enjoyment in the "battle" but the time for it's conclusion has come. And we see that everywhere we look today. We have fought the good fight. We have had a good race. They're cornered and they know it. We are moving a mountain, one rock at a time, and proving it can be done. And this ought to give you a grin. BOTH the Republicans and the Democrats set up everything for this scenario to take place. They just didn't see it coming. Surely, "manana."

#18 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

...one grain of sand at a time...we CAN move a mountain! YES! we can!
  • Lydia, Itinkso, justa waterboy and 1 other like this

#19 strider

strider

Calif. Caregiver

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • LocationLeft Coast

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

I was at the Int. Cannabis and Hemp Expo in SF, this past weekend. In the "prop 215" area, folks were openly blazing and vaping away, myself included, as SFPD wandered around looking at giant mother plants, clones, and jars of nuggz. They times they are a changing!
  • jangel and DEBhasgrn like this

#20 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

Thank you both,,, it does my heart good listening to people like you,, I live in the state of Maine,, Right now the state is giving us a real hard time getting going on what the people voted in last Nov.. Dispenceries and the extention of the list of illnesses for to get your medical marijuana card... It gets me angry at times the way they treat us.. But I take a deep breath and go on to do what ever I can to make this happen,,, Love you all and Thank you for such encouraging words,,,
  • jangel, Cubby420 and Itinkso like this

#21 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

Deb, i know...Bite your tongue and don't tear strips off people. It just closes doors. You are such a big help around here, with the List and so many other things. Since this thread was first posted, you, as a person and an activist, have grown so much! You should be so very proud of yourself, my dear friend. I am proud to call you my Friend. Peace
  • GeeGee, Itinkso and DEBhasgrn like this

#22 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

Bless you Jangel,, Green Passion with each and everyone of you are a big part of my life each and every day,, It was today that I was talking to myself about how I feel a family connection here, and not just here, but with the whole cause that we who believe in the herb and the freedom we work for that is our right,,, I have changed so much and it all started with you Jangel,,, For the first time in my life I am working with something that means more to me then anyone of the people out here in my life know or will even try to understand,, I am the happiest with what I do here and now then I ever have...Who would of ever thought, little ole me would find such purpose, and there are millions like me, Thank heavens there is, People say we are stoners, we are lazy with no get up and go,, That is about the most uneducated thing ever said,,Yes we are stoners, I don't mind the word, it is all in fun because we are having fun,, and we are also many other things, Look at all the get up and go advocates,, Look at all the well educated hard working people I know right here on Green Passion,, With out these people would we have come this far to get Marijuana Legal,, We have made much progress in this past year, That is what I have witnessed,, Well I could go on and on about all of this as you can see by this post,,lol My every day revolves mostly right here, reading the news, educating myself and Grannys List,, I don't have to spend time and energy trying to get my family to understand why I do this because they just don't get the dedication, That is their issue, I won't make it mine,,, I do what I do because it is were I am meant to be,, Right here with you people who do understand and do except each other for who we are,, That my friends just might be the stoners in us,,, Ok I'm done,, It has just been one of those days with lots of thoughts going on in this head of mine,, Funny how someone opened up this thread today,, It is all meant to be,,, Deb
  • jangel, GeeGee, SandiaMts and 2 others like this

#23 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

Happy 4:21 DEB! LOL! Love you too sweetheart...you are a very special lady. :) GAAAAsmiley.gif
  • GeeGee, SandiaMts, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#24 Guest_CAezrydn_*

Guest_CAezrydn_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:37 AM

Deb, While we'd all love to see this ended in one swell foop, we know it's done by "baby steps." However, even a baby step is progress forward. THAT'S what they can't stop us! Even in Maine. Oh, they feel safe for the moment but it's up to people like you to start putting their feet to the fire. LTEs have a huge impact. They get people thinking. You have to keep up the fight, just as if it were Day One, until props are in place as they should be, not as some want them to be. Become the "squeaky wheel," "the itch they can't scratch." Pick someone near you in your state and become their "shadow." Publicly, announce any screwups or misstatements made by that person. The NVA taught me something in Nam. If you engage your enemy, grab him by the belt. That way, they can't use their artillery against you. Now, can you convert that to a reform situation? I sure can. Take the best thing you know how to do and adapt it. You may come up with something that none of the rest of us ever thought of. Adaptability is something we're good at and they've never even considered. That's how we get what we want.

#25 Cubby420

Cubby420

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:14 PM

I believe total legalization will come, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year, but it will happen. California has a legalization measure going before the electorate this Nov. Just think of that, people are getting a choice. Now we just need to get out the facts and overcome the intentional misrepresentations of those opposed. I am very politicly active, a member of NORML for the last 17 years, when my elected officials see me coming they know we're gonna' discuss MJ legalization (among other things). I do believe we have to highlite the effects of legalization ie; taxes, cost of incarceration, displacement of dangerous criminals to make room for non-violent MJ users, budgetary concerns, and other things that bennifit all citizens, not just smokers. I believe fighting for medical legalization is the foot in the door that we need. Once California legalizes MJ for the general public there will be a huge tourist industry boom. Other cash strapped states will see the influx of cash into the states coffers and pure ole' greed will get the ball rolling. We as people must not stop pressing our elected officials for legalization.
  • jangel and DEBhasgrn like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users