52 replies to this topic

#26 SmokeToLive

SmokeToLive

Baked User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1709 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

I let mine dry out for a week when they were supposed to be fed at least once a day, and they still came back in a matter of hours. (And I did that in coco no less, which is a big no no...)
  • justanotherbozo likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Richard Owl Mirror

Richard Owl Mirror

Teaching to grow

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

It's kinda hard to get a pic of the underside because of the light but I will try again.

Can't you simply pull one leaf off the plant, place on the kitchen table and photo both sides ? That might be the quickest way of getting to the bottom of this mystery.

#28 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

Can't you simply pull one leaf off the plant, place on the kitchen table and photo both sides ? That might be the quickest way of getting to the bottom of this mystery.

post #15, lol, you're late to the party bro.

you might just want to cut one of the afflicted leaves in half so you can remove
it to a place where you can take a shot of the underside.

• Richard Owl Mirror likes this

#29 CoNtRoVeRsIaL

CoNtRoVeRsIaL

I'm Just a CFL kinda Guy

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1271 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

I 2nd Scott , Just sit back,wait and watch, tuff lil buggers I had a question to add if thats okay, If you sprayed something on your plant, and its turning bits & pieces of the leaf's yellowish/orangish/reddish , will this affect the smoke? (i still have the flowering stage and about 6 more inches of veg. to go before i even think about smoke, should be okay by then yea?

#30 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

I 2nd Scott , Just sit back,wait and watch, tuff lil buggers

I had a question to add if thats okay,

If you sprayed something on your plant, and its turning bits & pieces of the leaf's yellowish/orangish/reddish , will this affect the smoke? (i still have the flowering stage and about 6 more inches of veg. to go before i even think about smoke,

should be okay by then yea?

yeah, if you're still in veg then you'll be fine, with the caveat that i'm assuming
you don't have a major problem, lol.

have you posted any pics of the leaf damage? if not you should start a thread
if you're worried, and just to be sure.

#31 CoNtRoVeRsIaL

CoNtRoVeRsIaL

I'm Just a CFL kinda Guy

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1271 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:49 PM

yea i posted one in the indoor grow area,
http://www.greenpass...in-curls-11788/

Everyday they get worse/better if that makes any sense Hysterical

#32 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

yea i posted one in the indoor grow area,
http://www.greenpass...in-curls-11788/

Everyday they get worse/better if that makes any sense Hysterical

oh yeah, i didn't post because i thought it'd been cleared up for ya, lol.

anyway, in the future, when you have a new product, try it on only one branch
of one plant (never spray such small plants with anything but water).

also, diatomaceous earth works really well for those fungus gnats and many
other crawlers. it's made from finely ground shells and, although finely ground,
the tiny pieces are razor sharp for the little buggers, they disembowel
themselves crawling on the dirt, lol.
  • I8ntLucky_UR and CoNtRoVeRsIaL like this

#33 CoNtRoVeRsIaL

CoNtRoVeRsIaL

I'm Just a CFL kinda Guy

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1271 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

thanks man, i'll member that, Yea ,another notch in the learning belt, Aftermath of the spray is curled sharp point leave's, discoloration on 3 leaf's, but its still growing and new growth is green so i'll be good i think

#34 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

FRAUDULENT CANCER PATIENT!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

Once again guy's I DO NOT SPRAY THE PLANTS EVER!!!!!!!!!! Not under HID Lamps you dont wanna do that during the light cycle unless it's very shortly before dark. Sorry I just wanted to clear that one up for ya.LOL Iv'e lost sleep in the beginning over burn holes and spots on my leaves.
Hope this helps alittle.
Love and Peace,
Med:D:

#35 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

Once again guy's I DO NOT SPRAY THE PLANTS EVER!!!!!!!!!! Not under HID Lamps you dont wanna do that during the light cycle unless it's very shortly before dark. Sorry I just wanted to clear that one up for ya.LOL Iv'e lost sleep in the beginning over burn holes and spots on my leaves.
Hope this helps alittle.
Love and Peace,
Med:D:

lol, i know man, the comment about spraying was for CoNtRoVeRsIaL as he
had recently bought a pesticide to deal with an infestation and his plants had
reacted badly to it.

sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread.

#36 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

God guy's please tell me this isn't mold/mildew or a fungus of some kind???????????????????????helpgifIf it is I willo have to whack them down as that stuff could be absolutely DEADLY to me! Please tell me it aint?????????:D:frown::)Hysterical:)

#37 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

lol, i know man, the comment about spraying was for CoNtRoVeRsIaL as he
had recently bought a pesticide to deal with an infestation and his plants had
reacted badly to it.

sorry, didn't mean to jack the thread.

shoot i'm sorry.LOL I wasnt trying to sound mean or anything I was really just kinda funnin actually. I have a problem explaining myself sometimes so I apologize.
Peace,
Med
Naaaaaaaaaaa ya didnt jack any thread yer good.LOL

Edited by medicinecloset, 17 May 2009 - 10:37 PM.

#38 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

God guy's please tell me this isn't mold/mildew or a fungus of some kind???????????????????????helpgifIf it is I willo have to whack them down as that stuff could be absolutely DEADLY to me! Please tell me it aint?????????:D:frown::):frown::)

go immediately to your quiet place and take out your bowl, . . ., now take
a couple good hits!Hysterical

that's better, lol, now you can relax, your plants will make it!

shoot i'm sorry.LOL I wasnt trying to sound mean or anything I was really just kinda funnin actually. I have a problem explaining myself sometimes so I apologize.
Peace,
Med

and you don't need to apologize Med, not even a little bit brother!
  • medicinecloset likes this

#39 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

Hi guy's. I'm sorry if I got anyone wound up over this dilema. It's my fault so I have to live with it and use it as a learning curve. My question for you is ,,,, I have three weeks to go for 8 weeks flowering period. Should I maybe begin flushing for the finish or is it still too early yet??? Wont my buds swell alot in the last couple weeks or should I continue feeding but only 1/2 strength Schultz nutes and Molasses? Maybe even 1/4 strength even???? I am of course in old Miracle Gro soil(nearly 2 months old) with perlite and a touch of Lime.
Hope this somewhat helps?? Lemme know if it doesn't make sense or ya have questions.
Peace and Love,
Med:wink:

#40 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

go immediately to your quiet place and take out your bowl, . . ., now take
a couple good hits!:D

that's better, lol, now you can relax, your plants will make it!

and you don't need to apologize Med, not even a little bit brother!

LOL. I'll be toughing it out without Medicine until these ladies are done and ready for me to medicate with. Either suffer in agony for awhile or hit the streets and get junk and get ripped off not to mention taking a VERY big risk obtaining and transporting my medicine back home. I'll suffer. Harsh reality but reality nonetheless.
Sorry. Depressing and I aint here for that.Hysterical
Peace to you all and thanks for the help,
Med

#41 Nimbliez

Nimbliez

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:39 AM

Med!! Dont do anything.... Hysterical Greetings my friend. I had this problem with some plants of my own. They are not a result of infestation!!! This is due to a minor calcium deficiency!!! For the last 3 weeks you have, flush, and just use your RO water and molassis. They will continue to spot up on you but it will not affect your buds or potency. They will be fine. They will look bad at finish, but you will have a great harvest. The cure for this deficiency is quite hazardous for the plant. So just let them be and harvest as usual. You have done a marvelous job for your first time!! This deficiency happens but not often. Luck and Life my friend. I am very proud to have assisted you in this endeavour. Nim
  • scott06, justanotherbozo, medicinecloset and 1 other like this

#42 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:36 AM

Med!! Dont do anything.... Hysterical Greetings my friend. I had this problem with some plants of my own. They are not a result of infestation!!! This is due to a minor calcium deficiency!!! For the last 3 weeks you have, flush, and just use your RO water and molassis. They will continue to spot up on you but it will not affect your buds or potency. They will be fine. They will look bad at finish, but you will have a great harvest. The cure for this deficiency is quite hazardous for the plant. So just let them be and harvest as usual. You have done a marvelous job for your first time!! This deficiency happens but not often. Luck and Life my friend. I am very proud to have assisted you in this endeavour.
Nim

Thanks a ton for those awesome words of support Nim. So good to hear from you My Friend! Yeah I think it's just getting the R/O water and Molasses for these last three weeks. How much Molasses per gallon and should I still even use the epsom salt in the R/O water? My Molasses is unsulphered is that okay??? All I could get in town small store. Do I wanna water these until they drain out the bottoms good? Should I be looking for cloudy trichs in the very last week? I would love to get some cloudy and some amber buds and then i'm drying for a week or two and they are going in Mason jars for at least a month to cure. Sound okay? Okay i'm rambling in a quote so I apologize. Thanks again Nim for that boost I really needed.

#43 Nimbliez

Nimbliez

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:13 AM

Thanks a ton for those awesome words of support Nim. So good to hear from you My Friend! Yeah I think it's just getting the R/O water and Molasses for these last three weeks. How much Molasses per gallon and should I still even use the epsom salt in the R/O water? My Molasses is unsulphered is that okay??? All I could get in town small store. Do I wanna water these until they drain out the bottoms good? Should I be looking for cloudy trichs in the very last week? I would love to get some cloudy and some amber buds and then i'm drying for a week or two and they are going in Mason jars for at least a month to cure. Sound okay? Okay i'm rambling in a quote so I apologize. Thanks again Nim for that boost I really needed.

Hysterical Greetings Med, glad you are still up. Just use the R/O water and 1 table spoon of mollasis per gallon of water. Unsulphered is fine. Do a normal watering (till it runs out the bottom of the pots) when needed. The drying and curing sounds good. Mostly cloudy turning to amber is what you are shooting for, for pain relief that is :D I would hazard to guess, you are going to have some very good, potent medicine. You can check it by taking a small bud, fresh, and microwave between moist cloth or paper towel for 67 seconds at power level 2 in a sealed tupperware container. Open it when done, and remove the buds carefully, and let them cool. Cool the paper towels or cloth, remoisten if necessary, and repeat a couple times till the buds feel dry enough to smoke. They will shrink so check an amount that will be worth your efforts in this drying process. It's just for sampling. :) Luck and Life Med.
Nim

Edited by Nimbliez, 18 May 2009 - 02:25 AM.

• jangel and medicinecloset like this

#44 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:37 AM

Hysterical Greetings Med, glad you are still up. Just use the R/O water and 1 table spoon of mollasis per gallon of water. Unsulphered is fine. Do a normal watering (till it runs out the bottom of the pots) when needed. The drying and curing sounds good. Mostly cloudy turning to amber is what you are shooting for, for pain relief that is :D I would hazard to guess, you are going to have some very good, potent medicine. You can check it by taking a small bud, fresh, and microwave between moist cloth or paper towel for 67 seconds at power level 2 in a sealed tupperware container. Open it when done, and remove the buds carefully, and let them cool. Cool the paper towels or cloth, remoisten if necessary, and repeat a couple times till the buds feel dry enough to smoke. They will shrink so check an amount that will be worth your efforts in this drying process. It's just for sampling. :) Luck and Life Med.
Nim

Thanks again Nim! Yeah I just cant sleep and seem to be in constant pain but am in here alot as this brings me alot of joy. I'm just gonna do like you said and ride it out with the R/O water and a tablespoon of Molasses just until they begin to drain out the bottoms and let them dry out. I just want to do it right so my Medicine is not only a nice aroma and tasty but as potent as my strain can get. I'm rambling sorry. Thanks again Nim

#45 Nimbliez

Nimbliez

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:44 AM

I know what ya mean about 'cant sleep'. I have back pain that is keeping me up too. I'm just glad I have some good company in these sleepless moments. Hysterical Rest your mind, your grow is doing VERY well. I am going to try to rest my body. Good night my friend... and I'll see what's going on tomorrow. Give my love to the Mrs. Nim

#46 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:48 AM

I know what ya mean about 'cant sleep'. I have back pain that is keeping me up too. I'm just glad I have some good company in these sleepless moments. Hysterical Rest your mind, your grow is doing VERY well. I am going to try to rest my body. Good night my friend... and I'll see what's going on tomorrow. Give my love to the Mrs.
Nim

Thanks and right back atcha Nim. Have a blessed evening I shall see ya in the posts real soon. Hope your back starts to feel better. Gnight

#47 1hitter

1hitter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:03 AM

Hi Med, Glad to see Nim was able to give you your answer hope all works out well for you. Now I have a question what is R/O water? Thanks 1hitter

#48 medicinecloset

medicinecloset

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1643 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

Hi Med, Glad to see Nim was able to give you your answer hope all works out well for you. Now I have a question what is R/O water?

Thanks 1hitter

R/O stands for Reverse Osmosis Filtered. Its about as clean and pure as you can get. By the way Condensate from your A/C is as good if not better than R/O water. Only problem with the R/O water is that it cleans it so well that it removes the Calcium and Magnesium which seedlings and plants really need so you will have to add some cal mag or I use a teaspoon of Epsom Salts per gallon and that does the trick. CalMag is a cheap investment though and does contain more beneficials than the epsom salts though so my reccomendation is to get some CalMag and your set.
Thanks for commenting.

#49 Richard Owl Mirror

Richard Owl Mirror

Teaching to grow

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

Check out this "Major Leaf Problem"

Attached Files

#50 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo